[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I say I like Metroid but besides really enjoying Samus in Melee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1407049564163.jpg (196KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1407049564163.jpg
196KB, 600x800px
I say I like Metroid but besides really enjoying Samus in Melee and playing Super Metroid I haven't actually played many games. What's good after Super Metroid? Is the Prime series worth checking out?
>>
Yes. The prime series is one of the best series of all time
>>
I liked Zero Mission
>>
Prime games aren't really true Metroid games. Stick with the main series for the real Metroid gameplay.
>>
>>380654967
>Are two of the greatest games of all time worth checking out?

I don't know, you tell me
>>
Prime one was pretty good when you think about what it was, when it was published, what it was published on.

But playing it again, in 2017, it's arguable that you'd have any fun.

Just wait for prime 4 and experience a modern take on the series.
>>
Gamecube Prime 1+2 or Wii Prime 1+2?
>>
>>380654967
The ones worth checking out besides Super are
>Prime 1-3
>Zero Mission
>Fusion
>AM2R
Everything else is mediocre, hasn't aged well, or is horseshit.
>>
>>380654967
Zero Mission and Fusion are both worth a play. Also AM2R is way better than whatever Ninty is shitting out now.
>>
>>380654967
Is it weird that i think samus in full power armor is the hottest samus?
>>
I'd honestly say play AM2R first of you can find it. After that play Zero Mission and Fusion if you're really up for it.
Play the Prime Games after all of that
>>
File: 1407049835776.jpg (139KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
1407049835776.jpg
139KB, 618x800px
>>380655602
Hips don't lie
>>
>>380654967
Buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii. Controls are more modern-ish compared to gamecube.
Also play Fusion
>>
File: manofculture.jpg (20KB, 448x401px) Image search: [Google]
manofculture.jpg
20KB, 448x401px
>>380655602
>>380655737
Good tastes.
For me it's the helmet. It's weird as fuck but I really like obscured faces.
>>
>>380655465
Joke's on you, I played it first in 2015 and still ended up considering it one of my all time greats.
>>
>>380654967

All of them except for the spinoffs are absolutely worth checking out. Other M doesn't exist
>>
>>380655602
There's this one cuteness in prime where Samus is in power armour, crouched down, waiting for an enemy, and she's breathing really fucking hard and you can see the armour rise and fall and the gold rib plating ripple around her.
>>
>>380656029
Oh really? That's awesome. Disregard what I said.
>>
>>380656029
What did you play it on? I need to get some Prime action myself.
>>
>>380655904
I get a boner from anything intelligent without a human face.

I don't know why, it's fucking surreal.
>>
>>380655602
Strong Character (Female) Samus turns me on the most.
Fuck the Zero Suit, it's the worst rape doujin bait I've ever seen (lolJapan)
>>
File: 1492506491923.jpg (233KB, 1243x1595px) Image search: [Google]
1492506491923.jpg
233KB, 1243x1595px
>>
>>380654967
Prime 2 is a masterpiece
>>
>>380658324
>harder
>better scanning system
>screw attack
>no annoying chozo ghosts in every room after a certain point
>better world lore (in my opinion)

Why isn't it rated on the same tier as Prime 1?
>>
>>380658929
Temple Keys
>>
>>380658929
You know you can just run by the ghosts after you beat them the first time right?
>>
>>380659210
this. Cant grab them as you go thru the game , HAS to be done endgame compared to 1. Still my favorite prime though for everything else and MP too
>>
>>380655549
This
>>
File: other_m.png (1MB, 2200x1444px) Image search: [Google]
other_m.png
1MB, 2200x1444px
>>380654967
Unless you're interested in where the series came from or often play "retro" games, I do not recommend the original Metroid or Return of Samus. While both are fun for what they are, they are limited by the conventions of their respective times and the hardware they were on.
Definitely finish Super though, fantastic game.
After that I would play Zero Mission. It's a remake of the first game, closest thing to Super of the remaining 2D games. Fusion is it's predecessor on the GBA, it's more linear and action focused, though it's probably worth it for the boss fights alone. And the SA-X.
Prime is a must play, absolutely brilliant game. If you like that style, play Echoes and Corruption in order. The series features less exploration and more story in each entry but they are all worthwhile games. Echoes also has spectacular boss fights.

For the other games:
Another Metroid 2 Remake, or AM2R, is a surprisingly polished fan remake of, surprise, Metroid 2: Return of Samus. Play this instead of the original if you want.
Metroid Prime: Hunters is an arena shooter spin-off with a forgettable single-player segment. Play it with friends, or don't.
Metroid Prime: Pinball is a pinball game.
Avoid Other M at all costs. If you feel you must experience it, just consult the image attached to my post to find something else to read or watch instead.
I have never played Federation Force and have no intention of doing so in the future. Do what you will.
>>
>>380655549
I haven't played zero mission, but I can say yes to the rest.

I remember not liking Prime 3 as much as the first 2, but it's still good.
>>
>>380658324
I agree to this.
Prime 2 is my favourite game in general, I prefer the tone and environments so much more than Prime 1 and especially Prime 3. Still love the Trilogy though.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.