[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you Reggie for the entire Wii U library to be ported to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170609_200408.jpg (920KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170609_200408.jpg
920KB, 1564x1564px
Are you Reggie for the entire Wii U library to be ported to the Switch ?

From Reggie fish fillet

>The internal conversations we have is that on one hand, the development teams would love to showcase their content to a wider base, and certainly in short order the install base on Nintendo Switch will be larger than the install base we ended with Wii U
>>
>>380653137
source on that quote?
>>
>>380653137
>Are you Reggie for the entire Wii U library to be ported to the Switch ?
There's literally only two DX games period.

I think at this point if they were really going to do it, they'd announce it by now.
>>
>Still thinks every Wii U game is getting ported to the Switch

It's over. They're done with the first year and moving on to making new games now. If you want to play the rest, break out your piggy bank and buy a Wii U. Or break out your toaster and fire up cemu.
>>
>>380654170
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-considering-more-wii-u-games-for-switch-against-straight-ports-approach-to-ips/

>>380653137
>Cutting the full thing off
Can you not? Only if they can justify the port, which in smash's case, I don't fucking see how they can do that.
>>
>>380654170

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/15/e3-2017-bringing-more-wii-u-games-to-switch-is-an-aactive-discussiona-for-nintendo
>>
I would like Bayo2 and Hyrule Warriors at least
maybe W101 or a Donkey Kong Country Returns collection

the others I can take or leave
>>
> “I thought I was going to make it a day at E3 without being asked about Mother 3,” Fils-Aime joked),

Why is this game such a joke to Nintendo ? They poked fun at it at the robot chicken e3.

If they know people want it. Why not sell it to them ?
>>
>Buy Wii U at a pawn shop for $130
>Games are like $5 because no one gives a shit

Meanwhile we got people here starving themselves for almost decade for a port
>>
>I'll barely get any new games to play this gen because faggots just want to leech off the last one
You're all cancerous
>>
>>380654981

I don't know why people didn't just get the fucking console if they wanted to play the games so badly. Is it the stigma? Is it literally all marketing?
>>
>>380655078
Its the latter.
These people don't care about good games. They only care about good marketing.
>>
>>380655180

We really are in the worst timeline of all
>>
>>380655078
1. People want what their friends have.
2.People want a future. Buying a underpowered console with ten good games no one owns isn't exciting. There's nothing to get excited about.
>>
In case anyone here has Super Mario Maker: I'm curious, how are stages actually shared? I know they use a code/password, but I'm wondering if that just acts as a link and the stages are hosted by Nintendo, and you have to download them before playing, or if the whole level is somehow contained in that string.

I guess it's the first one, but I don't know much about computers.
>>
>>380655339
>its only good if its "exciting", fuck good gameplay
Pure cancer.
>>
>>380655052
>porting games from Wii U = not making new games
How are those brain problems treating you?
>>
>>380655078
The Wii U was expensive where I'm from and I wasn't too interested in the multiplayer games so it was a lot of money to spend on a console that would be collecting dust for most of the time.
>>
>>380655339
>1. People* want what their friends have.
*12 year olds
>>
>>380655612
They're barely making new games, I don't want to wait several months at a time to get a game that isn't a Wii U port
>>
>>380654908
W101 requires gamepad touchscreen input. Not possible on switch
>>
What's the problem exactly?

The WiiU sold poorly but it still had plenty good games.
>>
>>380653137
Need to port Mario Maker, Smash, W101, Bayo, Xenoblade, and Fatal Frame.
>>
>>380655339

1. Nobody here has friends

2. You guys did nothing but bitch about these games last gen, saying they're worthless. Now I see some of you even begging for titles like 3D World. I don't get you people. You're fucking infuriating. You don't make any sense at all.
>>
>>380655781
oh look

someone who didn't play a game yet commenting on it
>>
>>380656019
Fatal Frame will never happen, it requires both screens.
>>
It depends how much time and effort it takes. I got sick of that shit with the wiiu, even. Nothing like them waving their arms over a Zelda GameCube remake like it's a real title.

All the wiiu shit should be available, but probably not in the way Nintendo would do it. And not with out some kind of cross-buy discount and that obviously isn't happening
>>
christ, just give me pikmin 3 already and I'll but the siwtch in a heart beat
>>
File: 1495703677738.png (201KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495703677738.png
201KB, 500x500px
just port bayo you stupid fucks. how have they not announced this yet
>>
>>380655395
You browse to the stage, select it, and it loads it up. I assume it downloads it but the loading doesn't take any longer than the on-disc levels.
>>
>>380653137
i hope so
>>
>>380656245
Smash and pikmin would be amazing.

pls at least port jew leaf
>>
>>380654981
>Nintendo game
>$5

I don't think so, Tim.
>>
>>380653137
>“I thought I was going to make it a day at E3 without being asked about Mother 3. …Look, in the end, fill in your favorite franchise here. It comes down to how do we do something more? How do we do something unique? How do we take a franchise and make it vibrant with more and [reach] more people? That’s the focus. And so, even when you look at something like Metroid: Samus Returns, it’s not a pure remake. We’ve added more, we’ve added elements to expand the Metroid franchise and to make it more accessible and more vibrant. That’s how we think about our different franchises and different IP. So when one of our developers has an idea – and again, fill in your favorite franchise here — to take it and make it more vibrant, that’s when it will come to one of our platforms.”

THEY'RE GOING TO REMAKE MOTHER 3 WITH SHITTY 3D GRAPHICS AND SELL IT FOR $60

I COULD NOT BE MORE FURIOUS
>>
jokes on all of you. i own a wii u/3ds and all the important games. when i buy a switch it'll be when the switch has actual switch games and i will reap all the benefits as usual instead of complaining on an imageboard. i never lose.
>>
Post YFW you scammed a dudebro with only Mass Effect 3 to sell you his Wii U for less than 100 bucks and pirated all its library with haxchi.
>>
>>380655915

I liked RMX and didn't get a chance to buy it last gen. Hell I even like Ultra Street Fighter 2 and think it's cool playing it on a handheld, but I most of the games to be ports for the next 2 years or so. That's lame as shit.

A port here and there is fine, but people wanting like 10 to 15 of these games is ridiculous.
>>
>>380655745
High school and college.

12-24
>>
>>380656134
naw, i played it recently and theres actually an option to enable regular gameplay. I switched to it, because the gamepad controls werent as immersive as i had hoped. Where as I would get spooked in the other games, I just couldnt get into the spooky mood staring at ghosts a tiny LCD. Also the LCD was like a huge light in your face when you had the room dim. I had to lower the brightness to the max and just used it for map, which is also accessible in the menu.
>>
>>380655781
>>380656134
They can easily be adjusted to work. W101 already allows you to use the analog sticks for drawing and Fatal Frame van be made to work like the first three games that only used one screen and no motion controls.
>>
I'm going to laugh if Nintendo just ports a bunch of Switch games next gen. I can't wait to see how people who did buy it react. The tune will change once this becomes a regular thing.
>>
>People thinking they'd auto port every fucking game when they said they'd do it if they can somehow add "freshness" to it
It's like people hate reading
>>
Wouldn't be surprised if Hyrule Warriors, Mario Maker and Smash bros got ports to the Switch with all DLCs available at start as well as added future content. I'd like to see some of the smaller games like W101 ported as well just so more people might be able to play it, and therefore give a chance at a possible sequel or another nintendo-platnium deal in the future.
>>
File: 1497562861870m.jpg (65KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1497562861870m.jpg
65KB, 1024x682px
>>380656649
>>
>>380656649
>mfw I sold all my Wii U games and redownloaded them all for free
>>
>>380656868
They already ported Hyrule Warriors once, its unlikely to be ported again.
>>
>>380653137
I bought the WiiU and I'm fine with it.
The more people play Bayo 2 the better for me.
>>
>>380656019

I can see Bayonetta and Xenoblade in some sort of bundle with Bayo 2+3, as well as Xenoblade Chronicles+Plus X, maybe even Mario Maker, but I can't see W101 or Fatal Frame. They're so niche they probably won't even see a need.

I can see the logic from /v/'s point of view in that it gives these games a second chance, but if Nintendo sees that these games aren't going to sell well a second time, they won't even bother with them. I'm willing to bet money W101 won't ever see the light of day again, same with Fatal Frame.
>>
>>380656049
>1. Nobody here has friends
/v/ doesn't make up the majority of people who play video games.
>>
>>380653137
It better not, it's already bad enough they ported MK and Pokken. I did not invest in a Switch to buy marginally better versions of games I already own. It would also make my Wii U worthless.
>>
>>380656864

Plus, the resources they'd need to port literally every game would be huge. Nintendo will probably be more focused on getting new software out in the upcoming years. It already shows with this E3 as well as the release schedule. They may pad out some droughts with a port or two, but they can't waste their time catering to every dudebro that maybe, just maybe would have bought a Wii U if all their college buddies bought it.

They need to focus on making it a marketable product to everyone, and only making old games will seem pretty lame after a while.
>>
File: 20170522_220328.jpg (818KB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_220328.jpg
818KB, 2064x1161px
>>380656723
In case anyone doesnt know, because I didnt until recently. You can play the Fatal Frame 5 Euro disc on a barely hacked Wii U. I know you can play a pirated downloaded version, but where is the fun in that if i have the rest of the library physical? I recently fufilled a long held dream of buying and playing a disc version of the game.
>>
>>380657536
>only making old games will seem pretty lame after a while.

Sure, if you bought a WiiU maybe
>>
>>380657524

It could just be lip service. Reggie has said this before "we hear you", when he actually doesn't hear shit. I wouldn't worry too much. It's looking like Switch is going to get a steady release of new shit in the next few months. They just needed to pad out the launch.
>>
>>380657524
They did MK and Pokken so they could pad out the first year, now they're on their way to getting new games regularly on Switch. I think maybe 1 or 2 games will be ported at most.
Stuff like Woolly World won't get ported since they're making a sequel, and W101 and Xenoblade X definitely won't be ported.
>>
>>380657750

For everyone. It's new hardware, so people expect new games after a while. Spending $300 just to play Wii U games when you could do it now at around $150 or so is lame. Even with a new coat of paint.
>>
>>380653137
I can really only see smash and mario maker getting DX versions on switch. Hyrule warriors is more likely to get a sequel
>>
>>380653137
I like the idea of a "Deluxe" range, ie, every WiiU port is designated a "Deluxe" port, with enhanced features and improvements in resolution and frame rate.

I would have a problem with it if they tried to sell it as a newly developed game 2bh. But, I can't see them designating "Deluxe" as a catch all term, they'll probably find new ways to sell you the WiiU ports with slightly different titles, we already seen it with Pokken Tournament DX - Deluxe
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.