[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on DayZ standalone? The last patch was apparently the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 20170613004233_1.jpg (825KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170613004233_1.jpg
825KB, 1920x1080px
Thoughts on DayZ standalone? The last patch was apparently the last Alpha update, game enters Beta with 0.63.
>>
I still feel like they missed the reason why the mod were so popular, the charm isn't quite there. Wish i could put it better in words but i can't.
>>
>>380650770
I played the mod and for me it was that the mod was a lot more atmospheric, they need to make the standalone spookier. Standalone is pretty good right now though, runs a lot better than it used to too.
>>
>>380650770
The only reason the mod was more atmospheric and had more charm was because of the music

If you added music from the mod to the standalone it would be the same again
>>
would it ever recover if they even manage to finish it up?
>>
>>380652917
I bet it will make gaming headlines everywhere when the eternal DayZ alpha finally enters beta, might bring a few people back
>>
>>380650179
>game enters Beta with 0.63.
>after 4 years

Early access was a mistake
>>
>>380653809
Better late than never
>>
>>380650179
My only issue is them obviously not working on the game when one-man dev team developers shit out more content in a coffee/soda/dorito-fueled weekend of programming.

It was a scam. The only reason to really play Standalone over the mod was the shitty inventory system. Like other anons saying too there was some atmosphere about the mod that the Standalone doesn't have.

>standalone only has like 2-3 zombies per town that don't respawn
>loot doesn't respawn, so any server that's been up for more than 2-3 hours is already stripped clean
>everyone's a risk-adverse faggot
>no-one plays at night and just hops to a day-time server instead.
>>
>>380653903
Problem is when that never becomes your reality.

Game is abandoned right now, first, the players left, and now theyre trying to bring back everyone but h1z1 and PUBG took them for good.
>>
I actually just started playing it again. It's improved alot but holy fuck there's so much potential that they're squandering.
>>
>>380653809
>It takes 4 years for a kiwi to copy/paste ArmA 2 & his mod into a separate .exe
>they go 6~12months (with a full dev team) with an update that adds shit one guy could code in a day.
Mod was fun but the standalone's a scam.
>>
I heard ArmA 3 has some DayZ fan mods. How different are they from the old-school DayZ mod for ArmA 2?
>>
Literally mod support a year or two ago would've salvaged this piece of shit. There is a fucking reason why mods like breaking point became more popular than the the dayz mod itself at some point. People want to find weapons and kill each other on a giant map. They don't want to waste a fucking hour in a giant town to find 2 pairs of shoes and a rotten banana.
>>
>>380656043
Not very good compared to the DayZ mod. I'd argue that standalone is better than the Arma 3 mods, to be frank.
>>
>>380656126
The original DayZ mod was about salvaging what you could while trying to avoid agro from the 200-something zombies standing around the barn that might (or might not) have food or a weapon in it, all while in the fear that someone with a hunting rifle could be watching you from the tree-line.

Then when casuals started joining it turned into people spawning gear with the Deer Stand exploit and server hopping between military bases. Once it got to the point that people were blatantly hacking (teleporting, unlimited health etc) and not getting banned I tapped out.
>>
>>380655490
its not abandoned it's just slow because of the engine overhaul, watch this

https://youtu.be/N-IUVCGV5XM?t=25m20s
>>
>>380650179
I am going to refund it when it is released. With all the money from Arma Bohemia is criminal for taking so long with Daisy.
>>
>>380656324
ViruZ, Exile and Breaking Point are the main three I'm seeing on google searches. The "features list" for each of them looks pretty impressive but I'll carefully check em out.

I miss the old DayZ mod experience, not the nearly-arena-shooter shit like PUB and H1Z1.
>>
>>380656443
Guess I must've played a different dayz mod then because all I ever did was fight other assholes in cherno and elektrozavodsk with lee enfields that spawned almost everywhere and then occasionally got a slightly better weapon from the fire stations.
>>
>>380656695
>Only hung in Cherno and Elektro
There's your problem.
>>
>>380656687
Maybe I'm just being sentimental, but to me the issue with the Arma 3 mods is the fact that they're built up off of Arma 3. It fundamentally feels different.

I've played breaking point and exile both solo and with friends (don't know shit about ViruZ), and they don't capture the feel of the dayz mod because they throw a bunch of unnecessary shit like traders and factions. Standalone also doesn't capture it, but it's slowly (SLOWLY) getting closer.
>>
>>380657241
Ah I see. Thanks anon.

Anyone know how the original DayZ mod fares these days? Obviously it's not getting updates, but if there are still servers up and people playing it I'd probably find myself re-installing ArmA 2.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.