[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>‘That was not our intention’ >The biggest change Arkane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

>‘That was not our intention’
>The biggest change Arkane Studios brought to its Dishonored franchise in Dishonored 2 was making Emily Kaldwin playable. In an interview with Engadget at E3 2017, Arkane’s co-creative director, Harvey Smith, said it was criticism about the lack of female characters in the first game that led to Emily being playable in the second.
>“At first you take some criticism and you go, ‘Wait a minute,’ and then you go look and it’s like, ‘Wow, every woman in Dishonored 1 is either a servant, a prostitute, a witch, a queen or a little girl,’” Smith said. “Or a mistress. We had a mistress. That was not our intention.
>“When something like that pops up, you can get defensive if you want, or you can say, ‘Guys, let me just ask this: Did we mean that?’ And the answer is no, we did not mean that.”
>Smith, who was being interviewed by Feminist Frequency founder Anita Sarkeesian, told her it was one of her videos examining the role of women as background characters in games that led to Arkane Studios having a conversation about Dishonored.
>“We internally sat down. ... Your comment I will always remember, and I will take it to my grave,” Smith said. “It was something like, while Dishonored is a game that does many things very well, the roles that it has for women are very narrow.”
>Dishonored 2 gives people the option to either play as Corvo, the main character from Dishonored, or Emily, who was a 10-year-old princess Corvo had to rescue in the first game.
>Dishonored 2 is currently available to play on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. A follow-up, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, is scheduled to be released in mid-September.

UHHHHHHHMMM...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q_FtVHK1W0
>>
In other words, Harvey Smith is an SJW and wanted to get a cool woman as a main character. Good for him. Who cares? Game is great.
>>
File: 1388275192303.jpg (210KB, 960x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1388275192303.jpg
210KB, 960x1600px
>>
>>380638685
>>Smith, who was being interviewed by Feminist Frequency founder Anita Sarkeesian, told her it was one of her videos examining the role of women as background characters in games that led to Arkane Studios having a conversation about Dishonored.
I'm now glad it ate shit and died and bombed horribly.
>>
>>380639037
Why?
>>
>>380638685
>The biggest change Arkane Studios brought to its Dishonored franchise in Dishonored 2 was making Emily Kaldwin playable
I disagree. The biggest change was having it run at 30fps on a high-end PC.
>>
File: 8103611082_51f543189b_b.jpg (120KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
8103611082_51f543189b_b.jpg
120KB, 900x900px
>Smith, who was being interviewed by Feminist Frequency founder Anita Sarkeesian, told her it was one of her videos examining the role of women as background characters in games that led to Arkane Studios having a conversation about Dishonored.
>Anita Sarkeesian

Uhmmm...
>>
File: maxresdefault-29.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-29.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
UUUUUHHHHHHHMMMMMMM
>>
>>380639202
Have it pre-ordered. I really enjoyed Dishonored 2 and this is probably the last Dishonored game we will ever get.
>>
>>380638685
Seems like a reasonable guy, unlike you guys.
>>
File: 022 (5).jpg (162KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
022 (5).jpg
162KB, 1280x960px
>>380638685
>listen to anita
>game flops
>>
>>380638685
I listened to Harvey talking to Rooster Teeth yesterday and everything I heard was just the good world building and design philosophy that the team has had since the Looking Glass times. Nothing related to current year identity politics. I'd say that based on what he does and what he says, whenever he's talking to people who actually like videogames, he's speaking from the heart. Whenever he's talking to anyone else, ie. Scamkeesian, he's lying.
>>
File: 1487793633683.gif (1MB, 540x302px) Image search: [Google]
1487793633683.gif
1MB, 540x302px
I honestly have no idea why Dishonored 2 and Prey sold so poorly, especially since most people's reaction to Dishonored 1 was "it's great"

I got some nice schadenfreude from that article though.
>>
>>380640360
clearly he is woke like us, brother
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.