[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can honestly say that I've been asked a million times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 5246547257.jpg (51KB, 675x380px) Image search: [Google]
5246547257.jpg
51KB, 675x380px
I can honestly say that I've been asked a million times why I play games. Usually, I just shrug and say "It's a hobby."

But that's a lie.

Because when I'm in game, I'm at home.

My entire life, people preached that I could be anything that I wanted to be. But when I told them that I wanted to be the captain of a ship. A space ship. The space ship that saves humanity. That I want to be Commander Shepard. They told me that I need to get a grip on reality.

And to them, a grip on reality means the "American Dream."

Working nine to five, crammed up in a tiny cubicle, having 2.5 kids, living in a two story house with a white picket fence. I divorced once, and I have debt into my early 30s because I took some bullshit university degree that's supposed to help me in the end.

This isn't reality, this is just a dull outlook on it.

Now I understand that it's human nature to achieve greatness, but I can do this as Commander Shepard. I don't need a degree. And if I want to go on an adventure, I don't ever have to leave the comfort of my own home.

And besides being told I could enjoy a white picket fence at the end of my career, all my years as a student was a balance between fractal formulas and believing that I'd never be able to love.

Which is literal insanity.

But yet I'm the eternal virgin. I'm the guy that's never going to love.

And sometimes this shit doesn't make sense to me. Why people assume that I need to be out doing something, and away from home to have fun, when I have my own reality grasped between my hands.

I have my own world at my fingertips. If I screw something up, I can rewind time. I can't do that in real life. But when I'm in game, I'm free to do what I please, when I please. I'm free to enjoy things the way I want to. I can build my own kingdom and lead my people to freedom, because I'm the mind behind the game.

I'm the one who enjoys these games.

I am a gamer, and I always will be.
>>
This is the cringiest shit I'll read all year. Thanks.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.