[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Retro Studios >Bunch of no name faggots who kept making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

>Retro Studios
>Bunch of no name faggots who kept making absolutely dog shit games, ideas and prototypes
>Nintendo steps in, slaps their shit up
>Makes Metroid Prime

>Mercury Steam
>Bunch of no name faggots who kept making absolutely dog shit games, ideas and prototypes
>Nintendo steps in, slaps their shit up
>Makes Metroid Samus Returns
>"b-b-b-but Mercury Steam are shit!!!!"

Primefags really do a have a terrible memory
>>
File: WACKITY_SCHMACKITY_DOO.png (19KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
WACKITY_SCHMACKITY_DOO.png
19KB, 291x317px
So does that mean MercuryTeam will also revive other dead Nintendo series and make them good?
>>
Who gives a shit? Video games died when Taito died.
>>
>>380621869
Yes literally this

Retro was literal who tier until Miyamoto whipped them into shape and now they're one of the most consistently good developers in the industry.

It doesn't always work, but Nintendo doesn't just let any faggot touch their IP's without making sure they know what they're doing first.
>>
>>380621869
The story retcon was just stupid. But Lords of Shadow was an undeniably excellent game.
>>
>>380623323
>Defeating bosses requires a long string of QTEs and if you fail you have to start over
>Excellent game
>>
>>380621869
Do we have any examples of Nintendo whipping a company into shape, but for the worse?
>>
>>380623560
Other M
>>
>>380623560
Off the top of my head, Rare maybe qualifies when Miyamoto insisted on Dinosaur Planet becoming a Starfox game and then the game was absolutely terrible, leading to Nintendo losing the company to Microsoft and Microsoft absolutely gutting them. But Rare was great before Starfox Adventures.
>>
>>380623753
Wasn't Team Ninja good to begin with?
>>
>>380624164
I was thinking Ninja Gaiden 3 came out before Other M but yeah you're right, Other M was the start of their nose dive in quality.
>>
>>380624525
>>380623753
>>380624164
Other M and NG3 were the first games made after Itagaki and a bunch of others left the company, that's where they tanked so badly quality-wise
>>
>kept making absolutely dog shit games, ideas and prototypes
>Makes Metroid Prime
really makes you think
>>
>>380621869
>>380622737
The fuck are you guys taking about, prime was retros first developed game.
Meanwhile mercuryshit has a legacy of high profile botched games already.
>>
how is destructoid reactng to these now that metroid is back?
>>
>>380622282
There isn't much they can work with that doesn't have an already existing team, of some sorts or that fits their expertise.
-Camelot is a conveyor belt of shit sports games, but I think if Nintendo slaps em silly Golden Sun 4 could be a return to form.
-F-Zero would only work if they hired Sumo.
-Starfox has a new team which should now be unburdened by stupid motion control bull forced by a senile Miyamoto.

Righy now Mercury Steam is a fit for Metroid, but who knows. A new IP down the line is the safest bet.
>>
c-custom robo when?
>>
>>380621869
>who kept making absolutely dog shit games

They couldn't even release their dogshit games. At least Mercury Steam has that on them.
>>
>>380625050
Funny how Team Ninja went Down Hill a bit after Itagaki left, and Itagaki became absolute trash. Where did the Talent that mad NGB and NG2 go?
>>
File: the baby.jpg (90KB, 396x390px) Image search: [Google]
the baby.jpg
90KB, 396x390px
>>380622737
>Nintendo doesn't just let any faggot touch their IP's without making sure they know what they're doing first.
...you realize this is a Metroid thread, right
>>
Reminder that Retro was formed by former Iguana devs.
>>
>>380626998
I think you're being a bit unfair on DT, especially considering all the development hell it had to go through.

The controls were solid, and the enemy placement provided a good challenge, even though there were some bits you could abuse the A.I. easily
>>
File: 1489749013708.jpg (209KB, 850x416px) Image search: [Google]
1489749013708.jpg
209KB, 850x416px
>>380621869
The difference is that no one will play Samus Returns because nobody plays Nintendo 3DS except Pokefags who aren't even interested in Metroid.

You know its true.
>>
>>380623792
>leading to Nintendo losing the company to Microsoft
this is not what happened
>>
It will be a good game but in the sense the NEW MARIO BRAH series is good.

competent but without edge
>>
>>380630379
>when the artist has excellent art but a shit-tier fetish
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.