[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real talk - do you think that Monster Hunter World will fix the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Real talk - do you think that Monster Hunter World will fix the problems the previous games had? I did try to get into the series once or twice but it always felt like I have to put up with so much arbitrary bullshit that it wasn't fun. Granted, I didn't play the 'newest' ones yet so maybe it got better in the meanwhile, but this will come out on stuff I actually own.
>>
What 'problems' are you even referring to?
>>
File: 1497484754655.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1497484754655.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>380614337
>Capcom
>fixing problems
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If anything they will just add more.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>380614472
Couldnt handle few gathering quests in 1Star village
>>
>>380614472

Well repeating missions and endless gridning for materials is one of them but that's pretty much the core of the series that I don't think will change.

I think my problem is the fact your character controls like a fucking brick and you cannot drink potions when carrying a weapon which seems pretty damn arbitrary.

I remember the hitboxes being garbage too.
>>
>>380614472
Game didn't handhold him through the first 10 hours
>>
>>380614753
>this is the state of Monster Hunter now

it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>380614683
>>380614775

Nah, I actually had fun with figuring out stuff myself though I will admit I looked at the wiki as to not fuck myself over with the gear I was making. Gathering was a bit tedious but I didn't mind.
>>
>>380614753
So basically git gud problem

Jesus hope you are baiting
>>
>>380614753
The problem is you need to get better at the video game
>>
>>380614978
>git gud

Maybe? I'll fully admit I probably should have tried more weapons, but like I said - it just seems that some things were put there just to make this game more tedious than it actually needs to be.

And listen, some of the MH hitboxes are so legendarily bad I heard about them even though I don't play those games, so I think that point my list of complaints is a bit more justified.
>>
File: 1490287273689.jpg (37KB, 381x444px) Image search: [Google]
1490287273689.jpg
37KB, 381x444px
>>380614753
>remove all the stuff that made it the closest we'll get to a game of chess in an action game
The days of gittin gud are over, lads.
Pack your bags.
>>
>>380614337
the only problems monster hunter had were: too slow getting the game started (no one wants to collect mushrooms every new game), the gay separated zones (sometimes with the monster hanging out in the zoning area so you had to just wait. at least have zoning be a button prompt), charm autists, clownsuit autists, and some games lacked content compared to the previous G games.

the core mechanics were literally perfect. I just hope they don't fuck those up too much with their environmental trap memery (the worst part about 4) and trying to cater to the west. I think the west would love monster hunter as is if it sped up the early game and was on a proper console, no other changes needed. it just needs exposure
>>
>>380614978
>>380615092

Actually, now that I think of it - it's not that I was losing, because I can take that. It was because I wasn't having fun with the game.

What I'm asking is - did the game at least improve those parts or should I just pack my bags and give up on trying to get into the series?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.