[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter World thread >Hopes >Expectations >best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

File: Logo-MH1.png (1MB, 1543x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Logo-MH1.png
1MB, 1543x1090px
Monster Hunter World thread

>Hopes
>Expectations
>best Monster Hunter game
>Best weapon
>>
i only played the psp ones
playing right now FU, only hr 4 and I cant beat that huge dragon attacking the fortress wut do? the huge crab was way easier
>>
>PC release close to console version launch
>difficulty no higher than village level
>3U on wii u with pro controller
>hammer
>>
>>380604882

>Hopes
Monster Hunter 4U + HD
>Expectations
Monster Hunter 4U + HD
Monster Hunter 4U
>Best weapon
Insect Glaive + Charged Blade
>>
>>380605023
>wut do?
Hit it until it dies, if you can't do enough damage then grind some more and make better weapon.
>>
>>380605158
>difficulty no higher than village level
Why would you want that?
>>
File: animechick.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
animechick.png
513KB, 1280x720px
>>380605158

>3U best Monster Hunter game
>Water battles
>No jump attacks
>>
>>380604882
>That I can actually play it on my toaster and that it just plays fine, no need to be perfect.
>Too early to make one.
>MHFU
>GS for Gen 2, Hammer for Gen 3
I hope everyone has a nice day,
>>
>>380604882
here is my predictions:
>no grank OBVIOUSLY why would sony know what the fans want
>boring colours cause realism
>only classic monsters: rathalos n shit
>assisted aim for bowguns
>>
>hopes
Hopefully it won't be shit
>expectations
It will be too different from MH and it would have been better off as an original ip like 90% all sequels
>best game
3u
>best weapon
GS
>>
>>380604882
>Hopes
MHF HD
>Expectations
"Monster Hunter" meets Metal Gear Solid
MHFU
>best weapon
Long Sword
>>
>>380605307
was answering the expectations part

not expecting anything too hard on their first real attempt to break into the west

>>380605516
every version of the game had its issues but a console MH with 60fps on that sexy controller was my favorite
>>
>Hopes
missions still feel like MH, we haven't heard much about them so far
>Expectations
the "ecology" stuff will be interesting at first, but the game is still going to boil down to grinding, and the large worlds are going to make it more tedious
FU
>Best weapon
LS
>>
>Best Weapon

Long Sword in Gen 3 then Insect Glaive made it obsolete in Gen 4
>>
>>380604882
where is XX?
>>
File: image.jpg (529KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
529KB, 1920x1080px
>>380604882
>hopes
I want shit ton of old monsters and not just new ones. Can't say "everybody's always wanted HD MonHun" and then not include every flagship and beyond.
>expectations
It'll be the same exact game but with more terrain to worry about. That's ok with me
>best game
MH4U, but probably for different reasons than most people. Infinite endgame and comfy expeditions. And now MHW looks like nothing but expeditions. Yes plz
>best weapon
Gotta give it to the charge blade. Easily one of the most satisfying weapons to wrap your head around
>>
Horns and hammers
Only horns and hammers
I'm just hoping they won't be outclassed by everything else again
>>
>>380604882
lost
it'll be new MH formula
you're a big guy
GS as I know and love it
>>
>>380604882
>PC release hopefully as close behind PS4/XBONE as Nier Automata's was, general improvements from Gen making it in like Internal Ammo on bowguns, GEN 1 MONSTERS GET OUT REEEEE
>Not too many environments or monsters thanks to new models
>3U, has tons of the general improvements, and isn't stuck with the display/controls that PSP/3DS have
>Hunting Horn for life, but Gen's LBG with Adept + Full House is something unique/special
>>
>>380605023
Literally just have to make a better weapon. That's DPS: the fight. But don't let it stagger more than like 10 times in each zone otherwise you can run out of time. It's not allowed to get below a certain amount of health until the last zone.
>>
>>380607714
>Not too many environments or monsters thanks to new models
Correct me if I'm wrong, though. They've spent longer on this one than they did for MHTri and that was a ton of new ground work too. I mean, you're probably right, but I have a little more hope because it will have been almost 5 years of development by the time it's released
>>
I don't have any console nor handhelds.

What's the best MH I can play via emulation or similar on my PC?
>>
My favorite game was 4u

And my by far favorite weapon is the rising soul from tri
>>
File: 1430880680516.png (39KB, 396x367px) Image search: [Google]
1430880680516.png
39KB, 396x367px
4U is the best and saying otherwise is just nostalgia or asshurt.
>>
>>380608404
>MHFU
if you want content and good endgame.

>Portable 3rd
If you want better hitboxes and better fights for the most part/newer mechanics

Both need PPSSPP (PSP emulator)
>>
>>380608404
the mmo japanese one

laggy as fuck chinese one where you have to follow 50 different steps hacking into the chinese social security network

emulate the playstation ones
i know theres one you can emualte that has online do not know which one though
>>
File: WampaShadowoftheEmpire.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
WampaShadowoftheEmpire.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>380608512
>>380608552
Why can't Citra just fucking be like CEMU and work... I want MH4U on a real screen and controller my bros.
>>
>>380608604
>>380608404

Also, Tri on Dophin emulator if you want better graphics and underwater gameplay.
>>
Never tried monster hunter before, give me 1(one)reason to not use hunting horn first.
>>
>>380609036
>in MHFU
slow as balls and horribly underpowered. Playing notes is separate from combat so prepare to get fucked

>in every other game
Enjoy yourself and play dem bagpipes my boy.
>>
>>380609036
Do it you spoony bard.
>>
File: monsterhunterbughorn.png (57KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
monsterhunterbughorn.png
57KB, 400x400px
>>380609036
Do it, it's the most fun. Long reach, fast attacks, fast movement, decent power, cool mechanics that make it worth actually making multiple weapons of the same type.

Easily my favorite.
>>
>>380609036
Because Basarios Rock is a 3* weapon.
>>
>>380604882
>Hopes
Charge blade and gunlance changes from X removed
cool environmental elements like knocking that giant part down onto the monster in the trailer
at least 30 new monsters and 4U levels of oldies returning
more than 5 maps even if they are really big and diverse. New items
>Expectations
only like 20 new monsters, 4 maps, keep the X gunlance/charge blade changes
>4U
>Love the lance but charge blade is my all time weaponfu

monhun og grandpa here
>>
>>380605023
are you playing online on PSP? or are you just using the handheld?
>>
>>380609793
>implying we'll even get 15 new monsters

I'm 100% sure open world is going to gimp the amount of monsters we get, I wouldn't be surprised if we only end up having like 15 total.
>>
>>380610168
lucky its not open world then. But im fully expecting 20 or less. I just want to be surprised
>>
>>380604882
i actually just finished streaming Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. The biggest question I get is what are my thoughts on MH World are. I mean I'm gonna play it and I'm probably gonna have fun with it, no doubt, but i'm scared for traditional monster hunter games. I don't want them to go away, and it already looks like they are, because MHXX's chances of coming out in the US are very, very slim right now because of it.
>>
does it have multiplayer
>>
>>380610389
yes, you and 3 other people can team up and hunt
>>
>>380604882
>>Hopes
It flops hard and Capcom goes back to the old formula on handhelds or it is actually really good, faithful to the series and a huge step forward for the series and the trailer and PR people are all full of shit

>>Expectations
Casualised and cinematic shit, a departure from everything that made MH good, normies will either eat it up or ignore it completely. It will only include only gen 1 or bland new monsters and no old ones, creative monsters like Valfark, Brachydios, Zinogre, The fated four, Lagiacrus, Zamtrios, etc, are all removed because of muh realism. Expect armor and armor skills to be simplified as well.

>>best Monster Hunter game
4U

>>Best weapon
Bow, HH
>>
>>380609905
vita offline
>>
>>380604882

>Monster hunter charm, things like palicoes and cooking jingles
>Only low rank, $$$ for additional monster DLC
>4U
>HBG
>>
>>380611102
the community manager confirmed palicoes and the cooking jingle are in
>>
>>380604882
>cool and challenging monsters to hunt. As long as that's there, I'm fine with casualization features
>See above
>MH4U
>Longsword (I miss how it was in 3U though)
>>
File: IMG_20141023_0052.jpg (598KB, 1742x1252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141023_0052.jpg
598KB, 1742x1252px
>>380604882
>Hopes
- Jump attacks no longer mount and stealth+environmental traps trigger it instead, I want jump attacks to function as jump attacks since the game has an excuse to be in the air
- A monster roster similar to Tri, keep the old shit minimal. I want to feel like I am on a new continent
- new map ideology is fine, freehunt is fantastic, but do not fall for the Open World trap. Hubs + zones is superior
- steady progression on monster difficulty just like Freedom Unite, end low rank monsters should have the ability to two shot me like they could in FU. No more of this P3rd bullshit where no low rank monsters can harm you but then there is a random spike at the start of high rank.
- a new Loc Lac/Dundorma/Minegarde for an online hub complete with rotating event quests and seasons. They should also have their own type of culturally important monster like Jhen Mohran is to Loc Lac and is only available on an event quest. I have no true fears of servers shutting down for a long time since this is getting a PC release
- weapon style moves from X/XX make it in to base movesets. Things like how Brave SA function need to be the default moveset. All shielded weapons besides SNS should have a perfect block mechanic. From what I've heard, this is the case since both GS and DB are confirmed to have their aerial exclusive moves and Bow's new HA in XX was turned into an actual move in World.
>expectations
a monster hunter game that is hopefully amazing like 4U is. Just hold off on the same Kut Kus and Rajangs please.
>best game
4U
>best weapon
HBG and HH have it tied for me
>>
File: heroics bow.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
heroics bow.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>380604882
>>Hopes
That they don't change too much for the worse. Some things like monster interactions and seamless area transitions are natural additions to the series and I'm really hoping they offset things like the weird grappling hook.
>>Expectations
Too early to tell.
>>best Monster Hunter game
4U
>>Best weapon
Bow
>>
File: 1494739573967.png (49KB, 142x340px) Image search: [Google]
1494739573967.png
49KB, 142x340px
>>380605516
>water battles
>bad
>jump attacks
>good
>>
>>380611102
They've confirmed both palicoes and cooking jingle.
I hope there is DLC, but just for extra monsters and shit. Updates and adding code would be nice unlike the 3ds versions where they just unlock the dlc that's already on cart. I want there to be all the way up to g-rank then add new content later as opposed to whole new games. This is all assuming that the price is reasonable or even free (ha).
I'm looking forward to and even hopeful for it.

>Hopes and Expectations above

>Best MH
Tough. I'd have to say 3U. I liked it mostly for the monsters, but I could do with out underwater. 4U is probably a close second.

>Best Weapon
GS/HBG.
>>
I would gladly pay $20 for G rank rather than buying the whole fucking game again. Hope that happens or that G rank is just magically in at the start
>>
>>380604882
>>Hopes
That Capcom wont fuck this up and kill the franchise

>Game has historically sell like shit in the west
>Game has historically sell like shit in consoles in Japan
>Game has historically be a hit in japan for handheld
>The most expensive MH game to date is aimed to consoles in the west while ignoring the handhelds in Japan
By all means this makes not fucking sense
I want new weapons and arts
>>
>>380612169
Id like at least one new weapon but Im not gonna die if we dont get one. Refine the already huge pile of weapons and im fine. special moves and styles can stay with X/Gen
>>
File: seriousTom.jpg (10KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
seriousTom.jpg
10KB, 255x200px
>It's another Insect Glaive episode

Why the fuck is this meme shit so fucking overused?
>>
>>380612695
French youtubers and hame memers who think that their mount contributes more to the hunt than actual damage.
>>
>>380610851
if you wanted to play on the ppsspp server, you could totally do that, and move your save file from your vita to your PC. I think you can move stuff from your Vita, anyway.

There's a ton of people on this server that primarily play on PSP and move their save file to PC and play it online, then move the save file back when they're done.

check it out, called hunsterverse
>>
File: fuck.jpg (97KB, 416x336px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
97KB, 416x336px
>mfw gunlance main
I predict things only getting worse in World, nothing ever gets better.
>>
>>380612695
stronk as fuck in 4U
>>
>>380613174
I hope you're wrong homie. The GL needs love too.
>>
Can we have Chase Hunts while riding animals??
>>
>>380605023
One thing to be careful about is where you attack it. It's head is actually a bad place, though it flinches often. You want to hit it in its crotch bump ideally. A dragon element weapon might help, depending on what weapon you use. Tremor res is also pretty useful there.
>>
>>380613695
if your term for riding animals is liberal then it was already confirmed in the trailer with the Remobra-looking things
>>
File: MHGen-Lagiacrus_Render_001.png (581KB, 953x727px) Image search: [Google]
MHGen-Lagiacrus_Render_001.png
581KB, 953x727px
>>380610713
>lagiacrus
>Not realistic
Pick one and only one dumbass
>>
>>380613695
>uncharted-esque moving vehicle combat mission but with aptonoth a la monster hunter tri opening
>>
>>380614396
Aptonoth are too slow and too chickenshit to make proper mounts.
>>
>>380614609
you should play stories if that's what you want
>>
File: angryguildmarm.png (411KB, 387x876px) Image search: [Google]
angryguildmarm.png
411KB, 387x876px
>>380604882
No Marm
No Buy
>>
>>380615069
Why would I play that kiddie shit?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.