[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth making a gaming or "Let's Play" channel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1465970593921.jpg (3MB, 1846x2639px) Image search: [Google]
1465970593921.jpg
3MB, 1846x2639px
Is it worth making a gaming or "Let's Play" channel if I'm already playing older games and obscure video games all the time?

I'm not really concerned with making money from it or gaining any sort of fame, I'm just wondering if it's fun or "worthwhile".

Does anyone have any sort of experience with this sort of thing? What sort of equipment would I need to record PS1, PS2, Wii, Gamecube, XBox footage while simultaneously giving commentary on it?
>>
It's not worth making a channel purely for the reason nobody wants to watch you play videogames. If you're funny enough on your own that you could be entertaining talking over a blank screen, then maybe you can think about trying to write and edit an entertaining video, sure.

But I will never want to watch you playing a game and talking about it while you play it, there is no entertainment there. Don't fucking bother making your own channel, chances are I'll just flood it with hateful comments.
>>
>>380600258
>But I will never want to watch you playing a game and talking about it while you play it, there is no entertainment there. Don't fucking bother making your own channel, chances are I'll just flood it with hateful comments.

This is actually a legitimate deterrent from doing this shit. Very good point, Anon. Just because I'm playing games and I'm enjoying them, doesn't necessarily mean that it would translate well into a video series on youtube, or whatever, and even though it may seem cool at first, it opens the door to unecessary criticism and backlash, even for something as lighthearted and "carefree" as playing a video game.

Thanks Anon.
>>
>>380600547
Straight up I will abuse you for publishing yourself online and I will never feel bad about it.
>>
>>380600623
And I don't think you would be alone. That's just the nature of the internet and putting yourself out there, it's a shame really, but the internet isn't the same sort've place that it once was.

Can I ask why you feel compelled to be harsh towards creators of that sort of content? No judgement, by the way! I'm legitimately curious, and welcoming an open dialogue on the subject.
>>
>>380600771
There's hundreds of thousands of kids like yourself putting out uninspired content all the time, to a point where it's like a flood. The idea of creating a YouTube channel, being naturally entertaining enough to be successful at it, and spending the rest of your life playing games is a pipe dream that I love to see shot down. The more people I can keep from contributing to the staggering pile of shitty lets plays, the better.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.