[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go on /a/, nobody cares about anime piracy >Go on /tv/,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 1490286568217.gif (496KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1490286568217.gif
496KB, 500x376px
>Go on /a/, nobody cares about anime piracy
>Go on /tv/, nobody cares about TV and movie piracy
>Go on /lit/, nobody cares about book piracy
>Go on /v/, people get butthurt
Why is this?
>>
they fell for the expensive AAA interactive blockbuster movies meme and now they can't stop
like the same relationship between American student grades and the money pumped into education
>>
>>380591392
If a game is $60, you pirate it
If a game is on an older system and can be emulated, you pirate it
If you don't want to spend money you pirate it
I think people here especially fell for the loyalty-to-corporations meme
>>
>>380591392
because the people getting ass blasted are a vocal minority who are either shills(at least 1 of them) or people who are so fucking uptight that if you had a coupon for a game or a buy one get one thing that gamestop would do they would screech that you got that game without buying it.
>>
>>380591392
Because /v/ is the biggest shit of a board even mods gave up on. You come here to blatantly shitpost and literally nothing else. Do not take ANYTHING you read here seriously.
>>
The dirty little truth about the asspain over piracy is that it all stems from Sonythings who got their diapers in a twist over PCfats chortling "THANKS FOR BETA TESTING" whenever a formerly console only title came to PC.

The Sonyshits, in their infantile rage, promoted draconian DRM policies on PC because they wanted those PCfats to spend $60 like they had to.

Remember, when looking to the root cause of a tumor on /v/, odds are it starts with Sony and its roach army
>>
File: Summary_of_v.png (35KB, 582x515px) Image search: [Google]
Summary_of_v.png
35KB, 582x515px
>>380591392
>>
>>380592389
dumb pirate
>>
>pay $60 for shit
>others get the same shit for free

I'd be salty too
>>
>>380591392
>*autistic screeching
>>
>>380591392
>Go on /a/, nobody cares about anime piracy
>Go on /tv/, nobody cares about TV and movie piracy
>Go on /lit/, nobody cares about book piracy
With all of these forms of media, there's very little connection between the consumer and the producer, especially with anime/manga, it's annoying to import, expensive as all hell and only few people on /a/ speak Japanese.

Video games on the other hand, there's a shitload of pandering which goes on and lots of communication between producers and their regular consumers.
>>
>>380591392
There's only one person whining about piracy on /v/ and it's Todd.
Apart from him nobody cares.
>>
>>380591392
It's totally okay to pirate western garbage, but you should support japanese devs. If you can of course.
>>
>>380591392
they're corporate cocksuckers who unironically defend paid mods and paid online then fling shit at each other to boast they're shit is less fluid than the other, even though they're all liquid shit
>>
>>380591392
>anime: art
>movies: art
>books: art
>games: not art
Stealing art is bad and you fucking know it.
>>
>>380591392
You forgot /mu/, where they literally have threads to post links to pirated music, and absolutely no-one uses Spotify or iTunes. They only buy music on vinyl.
>>
>>380591392
/a/ watches everything they like get discontinued because they pirate everything.
if /a/ was actually buying stuff they care about we would've had Gundam Try continuation by now. Instead we only get stuff pedo japan loves like LL! Fuck anime pirates too.
>>
File: main.png (21KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
main.png
21KB, 240x240px
>>380592389
>thread about piracy
>tries to turn it into consolewar faggotry

I seriously wish cancer upon pitiful creatures like you, as well as upon every member of the bloodline that spawned you.
>>
>>380591392
/v/ is filled with losers that constantly seek approval from their favorite corporations. This trend of anti-piracy goes hand in hand with the console wars and the anti-consumer polices it leads too.
>>
>>380592805
If you mean pleasing SJW agendas, then it's even more mandatory to pirate games.
>>
The only board that should actively encourage piracy is /sci/ because dear lord are academic books a scam
>>
Consoles, I legit bricked my 3ds, fuck you guys.
>>
>>380591392
Games actually give a fuck about the medium they partake in, unlike anime and moviefags. So we understand how much piracy hurts developers and look down on it.
>>
>>380594396
>He's too retarded to follow instructions
>>
>muh morals
>meanwhile society runs on what's practically slave labour

OH NO BUT THE DEVELOPER WON'T GET HIS MONEY!!!! ur literally HITLER!!
>>
>>380591392
>TV shows make their profit through licencing and distribution sales
>Games make their profit through unit sales
I wonder why...
>>
>>380593808
facts
>>
>>380594635
>So we understand how much piracy hurts developers and look down on it.
nice meme
>>
>>380594635
*tips fedora*
>>
Importing Anime from Japan is expensive, and they don't always have English subtitles. Locally available Anime doesn't have as large of a selection as Japan does and it's still really expensive. Sites like Crunchyroll and Amazon only have a few anime, mostly just seasonal stuff after 2010, so you miss out on a lot of older greater anime, and also the streaming quality is pure shit and too expensive.

Unless you live in USA where Netflix and Amazon actually has a good selection of movies and TV Shows, pirating is the best way of watching things. Lots of shows can't be watched here legally at all, so I have to pirate them. And pirating movies and TV shows is probably the easiest thing to do on the internet. You don't need to get into a private tracker or anything since public trackers have the exact same shit at the exact same quality. Hollywood and the equivalent in every country are also fucking jews.

Books are expensive and take up a lot of space. The writers are all probably dead by now so nobody important gets the money anyway that you spent.

Video games aren't that expensive since $60 is the maximum except for subscription MMOs where you pay $15 every month like WoW and FFXIV. And even then most games go on sale for really chea on all consoles and also all stores on PC like Steam, Origin, Uplay etc. It's becoming more and more expensive to make video games today than it was before so developer need all the support they can get. Also, most pirated videogames are done so by Chinese and there's been tons of times in the past where they've fucked with the game files by including cryptocurrency miners that affected over 1M people, spyware programs that sends your information to Chinese companies and worse. And nowadays it's starting to become popular for not only game creators, but also mod creators (Nier: Automata) to block their stuff from pirated copies.
>>
>>380591392
They do, you can have arguments there try it faggot.
>>
File: 1495222345828.jpg (16KB, 404x462px) Image search: [Google]
1495222345828.jpg
16KB, 404x462px
>>380591392
The most recent generations grew up with consoles like PS3 and 360 where piracy came up more slowly compared to previous gens, and in the current gen piracy still isn't a thing at all unless you consider "outdated" stuff like the Wii U or portable consoles, so anons get used to the idea that pirating games is a PC-only deal and tribalism dictates that group different than mine = evil, so the majority here of console owners see piracy as the tactic of "the enemy" just like portbegging and all that stuff. Really, piracy is topical only when it comes to PC, see Denuvo. As far as consoles go only with Nintendo you see palpable way to stop pirates like implementing smaller discs

But admittedly there's also the problem that low sales translate in no sequels etc., so obviously some anons just want the IPs to survive
>>
>>380596138
/thread
>>
Because it's immoral

Piracy is theft
>>
File: 1494890013351.jpg (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494890013351.jpg
283KB, 1920x1080px
Probably because games have a way more diverse way of playing them, as in the platform you play games is always being criticised by others because of brand loyalty, superiority complexes, etc. You can have this with anime and movies as well, whether you stream or torrent, as well as with books and the edition you buy/scan/whatever, but the important distinction with games is their EXCLUSIVITY between platforms, which stems useless arguments about how you play games which leads to whether it's ethical/moral for the consumer to support the creators, again due to little reasons like loyalty.

TLDR it mostly boils down to video games being a broad medium where certain, separated fanbases want or don't want financial success from their favourite corporations.
>>
>>380592251
Not true. The mods in this place turned into sjw Sonyigger weebs who do it for FREE. Every time I say something bad about Sony, they end up banning me.

>>380592389
Also, this. Sonyshitters are the cancer of this board.
>>
>>380591392
>pirate movie, everything groovy
>pirate vidya, everyone hit ya
i can't for the life of me understand, my man
>>
>>380591392
Because /v/ is the most hypocritical board on 4chan.
>>
>>380594396
>Managed to brick the easiest console ever to hack with brick-proof steps.

How much more of a retard can you be?
>>
>>380596138
>books
Are you pretending all writers are dead or people only pirate dead people's work?
>>
>>380593057
You are stupid.
>>
>/v/ and reddit pirates video games
>tumblr doesnt
>developers panders to tumblr
really really makes me think.....
>>
>>380591392
Here's what I say: Pirating AAA bullshit is a victimless crime. It's cheap as fuck, but it's fine.

But with god tier anime and actually good indie games you're a fucking douchebag if you pirate that shit.
>>
>>380594832
Shut up Hitler.
>>
>>380593315
/a/ funded LWA and a person at studio trigger posted on the board. Watamote mangaka also thanked them.
>>
>>380596138
Okay but I'm pretty sure books are still being written and released every day.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.