[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>15-10 years ago = everybody was a polite gentlemen in MP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 324234.gif (186KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
324234.gif
186KB, 540x540px
>15-10 years ago = everybody was a polite gentlemen in MP games. Nobody was angry and insecure.

>5 years ago = everybody started writing "you mad"/"gg ez" etc. . More people seemed truly angry.

>today = everybody is like "kys"/"i kill u"/"die fag". People seem to be super angry and insecure. They have to leash out at anything if they don't get their way asap.

Companies responded to this problem with humor (overwatch), dragonian judgements/bans (league of legends) and auto-mute functions (heroes of the storm).

Where will this road take us, /v/?
>>
>everybody was a polite gentlemen in MP games.
They absolutely weren't. We were just more imaginative in our insults.
>>
>>380586194
You clearly never played halo/Gears of war
>>
I wrote gg ez back in 2001 in Starcraft and Quake 3, and other cringe shit about mothers and ownages. But nice try, Overbabby, enjoy summer break
>>
This is what not having proper dedicated servers gets us.
Complete asshats and whiny babies everywhere.
>>
>>380586194
>Silly image of Gremlin D.va being silly.
>lol just gonna insert my head canon in here
>look guys they are 2 mommies! Lesbians amarite?

Fuck Fara. Fuck Merciboku. Fuck the people who ship them. Fuck anyone who plays these two cancer heroes seperately or simultaenously.
>>
>>380586841
Yeah, I'll bet he never pwned some gaywads.
>>
>>380586194
>hurt I was born on the wrong age guise the past that I never lived through was better!

neck yourself underage
>>
>>380586194
>15-10 years ago = everybody was a polite gentlemen in MP games. Nobody was angry and insecure.

Fake news.
>>
>>380587421
Fuck Blizzard in general, really.
>>
yeah, that's a no for me, dawg.
>>
>>380586194
Who was mean to you, OP?
>>
>>380586194
>5 years ago = everybody started writing "you mad"/"gg ez" etc.

People already did this like crazy when I started playing Diablo II when it came out 17 years ago.
>>
>>380586194
>>15-10 years ago = everybody was a polite gentlemen in MP games. Nobody was angry and insecure
absolutely untrue, I replayed some wc3 recently and got more flame than when playing dark souls 3 (which I forgot about but used to get all the time back then as well)
>>
>>380586194
hahahahahaha halo 2 says hi
>>
:(
>>
>>380586570

This. I remember a guy from the 360 days sent me a message after a game telling me he was going to fuck my grandma.
>>
>>380586194

Fucking seriously? Why do you lie to people?

This parody guide for Counter-Strike was written in 2002:

http://www.somethingawful.com/guides/guide-amazing-world/1/

>Never camp. 'Camping' refers to the dastardly act of staying in one place for more than ten consecutive milliseconds. Should you stop for a moment, or worse, crouch, you will be labeled a 'fag', your mother a 'whore', and your gun a 'noob cannon'.
>>
File: 1497292447975.png (442KB, 533x358px) Image search: [Google]
1497292447975.png
442KB, 533x358px
>>380586194
>>
If you don't play shit games for underage kids you don't really encounter that kind of shit.
>>
>>380587250
Absolutely this. With dedicated servers the mods and admins decide what kind of people are welcome in their server. And then all you had to do was find a server which had a community you liked and had active admins banning all the undesirables. Now that everyone can be paired up with any kind of awful human being, of course it's going to get more toxic.
>>
>>380586194
why are dva images the only good part of overwatch?
>>
>>380586194
This never happened.
>>
>>380586194
It's simple really.
>someone insult others
>no punishments
>and whoever complain about that is punished instead by being called a pussy, and bullied
Gee, i wonder why things gotten worse when bad behavior is tolerated and not punished at all
>>
>>380586194
>15-10 years ago = everybody was a polite gentlemen in MP games
>bullshit 15 years ago online games and interactions in them were barely a thing
>wait 15 years ago was just 2002
>oh
>>
>>380587907
>I hope you get raped on every national television channel and a couple AM radio stations.jpg
>>
>>380588454

I always wonder if this kind of rage is not a cry for help. To be this insecure that you have to write shit like this, even for "fun", something has to be wrong in your life.
>>
>>380586194
I played Quake 3 back in the day, 15-20 years ago.

It was the same.
>>
>>380586194
>10 years ago
>Polite

I was fucking tbagging motherfuckers 10 years ago. What the hell are you talking about
>>
>>380588729
I hope your mom dies of anal sepsis after being gang raped by shriners.
>>
>>380586194
>dragonian
Yeah you have to be 18 to post here. Back then the internet was still young, and even then shit talking was big. Though imo it was more creative than today's "kys you aids ridden fag. You and your whole family are dead."
>>
File: 1349217226441.jpg (42KB, 720x439px) Image search: [Google]
1349217226441.jpg
42KB, 720x439px
>>
You have to find smaller communities, those are always the ones that attract pleasant people.
>>
>>380586194
Anon you are such a lamer.
>>
it's a mix of absurd levels of ever-increasing self-awareness, and niggerization. i'm quite serious.
>>
>>380587913
>Always remember that you HATE Counterstrike. Every time something doesn't go your way, be sure to inform everybody that you hate it with creative phrases like "I hate CS", "Fuck CS" or "I fucking hate CS". But never actually stop playing the game, simply continue to comment on how the game you've been playing for the last four hours sucks because they weakened your favorite rifle.

lel
>>
>>380586194
/v/'s favorite gas station attendant was shittalking players during tournaments in the 90s. He even made an ad shittalking his customers.
>>
>>380586194
>15-10 years ago = communities were small, tight knit
>5 years ago = the population counter started rising, and the communities weren't as tight knit anymore
>today = no one knows anyone, no body cares about anyone else
Everything you said makes it sound like Country Towns VS Urban Cities or population zones.

Basically, find smaller communities or get a tonne of friends to play everything with.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.