/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw thought this would be a shitty freemium version of Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Marvel Heroes.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Heroes.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw thought this would be a shitty freemium version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance but it's actually way better

Smashing shit up as She-Hulk is way too much fun, and no one else I see online is playing as her....ton of regular Hulks though.

Who knew Marvel crossed with Diablo would be so good, didn't expect there to be this much depth.
>>
Every time I want to download and play this game, I watch a gameplay video and every single enemy including the mooks are insane health sponges and the powers look samey. It's hard to feel like wolverine when it takes 10 seconds of slashing some normal guy to kill him.
>>
It's like Diablo 3 but with "raid" content.

>>380579261
I really only had that problem for the first few levels and during the endgame of the PC Marvel Heroes. By about level 10, before you leave Hell's Kitchen even, you should be two or three shotting most normals. Go ahead and download it. Play for an hour or two. It's free, after all.
>>
>>380578912

It was good before the update, now I can't stand its shitty combat.
>>
>>380580041
>that guy who always hates a game after the first couple updates

Kys hipster fag
>>
>>380580183

No other update fucked up the game this badly.
>>
>>380578912
they update ms marvel yet?
>>
>>380580371

How? Nerfs across the board?
>>
As She-Hulk am I literally supposed to just stomp the ground til' my combo is full then Elbow drop basically, or uppercut for single target?

And Brutal or Critical?
>>
>>380578912
Alright, nigga. Your sly marketing tactics worked on me and I'm downloading the game.
Now gimme a good starting guide to not get fucked in the ass and sell to an NPC something valuable.
>>
>>380581125

Most of boss attacks are AOE and crowd control, after the update devs merged cc break and dash and put insane cooldown on it, so you just jog like a retard most of the time. They also got rid of skill points, so now all skill are max level but you can only equip 8 (as opposed to 8 on each of the 3 skill bars).
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (163KB, 818x503px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.jpg
163KB, 818x503px
>>380581975
>They also got rid of skill points, so now all skill are max level but you can only equip 8 (as opposed to 8 on each of the 3 skill bars).
for consoles
>>
>>380580183
Nahh he's right, they console ported it so had to make changes (i.e fuck it up)
Game's shit now, rip
>>
>>380581784

Beat story first, use social chat for help and try to join supergroup, but join those that advertise in chat not the ones you get spam invites to. Most valuable artifacts have boss names that drop them, also most artifacts are interchangable and best-in-slots give only slight damage boost.
>>
>>380582687

Carrot was right all along.
>>
are you still locked with 3 characters and having to pay either real money or a lot of currency to play another characters?
>>
>>380578912
How come people ignore this when arguing that Marvel is boycotting the X-men out of MvC and other stuff?
>>
>>380582873

>a lot of currency

It's not that much
>>
I had so much fun playing Nightcrawler before the update. I could constantly teleport as long as I had mana. Now I can teleport 3 times in a row before it goes on cd, and my travel power is a fucking SPRINT? Are you fucking serious? Never dropped a game faster
>>
File: 96bed35daf.jpg (15KB, 375x103px) Image search: [Google]
96bed35daf.jpg
15KB, 375x103px
>>380578912
They dumbed down the PC version so it would fit onto consoles better.
I'm only mildly annoyed by that fact, I don't play anymore, I got plenty of fun times out of it though. Hope you enjoy it.
Scarlet Witch and Pheonix are the best.
>>
>>380581784
Don't go hybrid, your heroes come in certain damage types, Ms.Marvel is Energy/Physical for example, you would want to focus on one or the other, or Melee/Ranged. Pretty much pick a tag that's on the powers you really like/are strong and itemize for that, going hybrid in the current build is a hit to your maximization now, whereas before you could pull it off pretty well.
>>
this game is pretty shit. devs spend 8 months plus to supposedly update the game. but actually, it was a ploy to port it to consoles. the worst part was that they lied about it, even though there was evidence. anyone who argued against them would get banned. if you criticize the game or devs, you get banned.
for the actual update, it wasn't very good even in beta. players complained about the retarded new stat system and infinity system being round robin. months later, the devs eventually caved and changed them. the point is the devs don't know what the fuck they are doing. patches since the rework have been bug fixes. not balancing, but bug fixes. that's how shit it is. steam review has been ~50% for several months. best part, all this time, there hasn't been any playable content. oh wait, i lied. the best part is when devs said that purchasable loot boxes were content. think about it.
>>
>>380583093
Gazillion got a good deal on the license, they can pretty much do whatever in respect to this particular game, to include doing event tie-ins with the Sony movie releases (which they say Marvel bitches at them for) but whatever it says in their license gives them the ability to do stuff like that.
It's not under Marvel's direct control what Gaz promotes, it's just a run-by they have to do to make sure they represent the characters properly.
>>
>>380583891
>Scarlet Witch and Phoenix are the best.

I liked Storm when I took her to Level 10, amazing aoe but single target seems weak, what makes Jean Grey better?
>>
>>380584789
Pretty much the same, huge aoe damage, I like her specific pheonix force mechanic though, fill the bar, activate, dump hot damage while being tanky as all hell. Less micromanagement, more fire blasts instead of whirlwinds and ice everywhere.
>>
File: 2015-07-28_00001.jpg (291KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-28_00001.jpg
291KB, 1280x1024px
>>380585034
>>
File: 2014-09-03_00001.jpg (425KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2014-09-03_00001.jpg
425KB, 1280x1024px
Sometimes I miss the muggas
>>
>>380585034
>>380585157

At high level shit does she actually require a Tank to keep people off her?

If so, is Hulk a tank? I see about 50 of them in the game.
>>
>>380580041
This
>>
It's ok. It gets boring fast. I prefer skyforge.
>>
>>380585284
Depends on how you play her, Pheonix is self-sustaining as long as you can dodge anything that'd one-shot you. Jean is squishier.
No one's really a "tank" per se, some characters can take more damage than others, Hulk has a high health pool and kind of a berserker playstyle where you just get stronger the more you fight without having to really worry about resource management, just cooldowns.
People just like smashing shit with the Hulk, he's iconic after all.
>>
File: Better Red than Dead.jpg (244KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
Better Red than Dead.jpg
244KB, 633x537px
>>
DCUO is better.

Not much better, but better nonetheless.
>>
>>380585284

There are no tanks in this game.
>>
>>380585717
Are they still releasing their updates in microtransactions?
>>
>>380585536
>People just like smashing shit with the Hulk, he's iconic after all.

He's my favourite character, but I have a soft spot for Shulkie, saw no one was using her and decided to be a special snowflake.

And I'm glad I did, that heel slam she does, when it's done in a lab and sends people flying, blows out all nearby glass and the impact blows up electronics, it's pretty fucking cathartic.

>>380585745

What's with all the gear that makes me more durable then? I thought I was being a glass cannon.
>>
>>380585842
That's the best part of the game, finding that character that feels so good to play. Like chaos Scarlet or assassin Psylocke.
Then putting the effort to Cosmic prestige them so you can fly around with the gold name. It's a wank, but satisfying.
>>
>no tanks
>thing and colossus have taunt
>>
>>380585842

>What's with all the gear that makes me more durable then?

Go up against a cosmic danger room boss, or stand in red telegraphs and see how much it's worth.
>>
>>380578912
i read they recently ruined the game

any players can tell me what ruined it?
>>
>>380586250
Movement powers, namely teleports, were nerfed from infinite to a stock system (3 stocks, 5s CD on stack gain). Slowed the game down alot.
They reworked their end-game prestige system, I don't play many games that had a system like it, but as you were levelling/max level you'd gain points into a universal system to unlock additional stats/unique effects. They dumbed it down to main stat gains because people min/maxed the fuck out of it and were only using something like 10% of the nodes available.
So it's pretty much the same shit, but now it's obviously more boring rather than subtly boring.

I liked the fun nodes like damage procs and such.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.