[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are consoles still charging for things that have always been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: xboxlive_20.png (31KB, 300x160px) Image search: [Google]
xboxlive_20.png
31KB, 300x160px
>>
because they can
>>
on pc they just sell your information in bulk data agreements to make up for the cost
>>
Because there are still dumbasses who buy it, PS4 would probably make a killing if they announced free online now
>>
>>380574901
And you are sure they don't do that on console?
>>
PC started with the subscription model
see MMOs
>>
>>380574901
assuming what you say is true, you're already doing that now anyway
>>
>>380576096
Yeah but that was for specific games, not for just online gaming in general, and it isn't even universal among MMOs.
>>
>>380574742
60$ for a year and you get 4 free games a month

how is that a bad thing?
>>
>>380574742
Because console gamers eat that shit up.
>>
>sell console for 599
>Outrage

>Sell console for 349 + 300 online fees over 5 years
>Perfectly acceptable

They do it since it makes it appear cheaper to retards

>Inb4 people start saying it's optional, everyone plays online and they know it. Just look at the most played games, all multiplayer.
>>
Why are consoles not a PC?
>>
>>380577501
On PC you could just keep your $60 and wait for the seasonal sale at Steam/Gamersgate/Gog/ect. I've picked up bundles of AAA games for less than $4 before (it was a Spec Ops the Line/Darkness 2 bundle, shortly after those games came out I might add).
>>
>>380574901
>xbox stop listening to every conversation I have even when you're turned off and sending the data back to a secure microsoft server
>>
>>380574742
Jews jewing goys. As old as time.
>>
>>380577951
You know at this stage that is a very good question, especially with splitscreen being so rare, and consoles needing to download patches.
>>
>>380574742
There will always be a mass of autistic manchildren willing to take the bait, if not for the shit service then it's for the "MY CONSOLE IS BETTER" arguments.
>>
>>380574901
Seriously. PC users get fucked in the ass by valve, they are the most pathetic group who has stockholm syndrome yet they play it off like there's no wrong. Meanwhile sucking valve dick and continue to do their marketing for them, biggest cucks in the industry.
>>
>>380578219
Oh yes, those steam summer sales are a great catastrophe to PC gamers everywhere.
>>
>>380574742
Because running a server ain't cheap, esp. if you're netcode has to go through M$/Sony/Ninty for "security" reasons.
>>
>>380577501
40$ if you buy off of eBay. During the first year of the Xbox One you could get them for 30$ on amazon but i think demand increased which is why prices raised.

It still is a good deal considering the amount of games you get. I barely spent 100$ on games since 2013 but my owned games list is exploding.
>>
>>380578364
Wait, so companies like Valve, Ubisoft, and EA can afford it. Even Microsoft can afford it for PC since Xbox Live is free to PC users, but Microsoft can't afford it for console users.
>>
>>380578397
About how many games have you picked up? Because I am presently sitting on 849 games on Steam and another 802 on GOG, and that is not including Gamersgate, Origin, Greenmangaming, ect.
>>
>>380578528
On PC you can do whatever you want with regards to the online component to your game. However, you got to do everything on your end, like managing users, their usernames and avatars, profiles, messages, etc; you also got to make sure your network and servers are up to snuff while possibly having to pay off telecom companies like Comcast/AT&T so that they don't throttle you to hell and back b/c your game is tying up the phone lines.
>>
>>380579162
Sounds to me though that console gamers also have to manage user accounts, avatars, messages, ect. and that they also have to make sure their connection is up to snuff. At least it sounds like your talking about the end user and not the developers or publishers of the games in question.
>>
>>380574979
Honestly, if online play was free, I'd definitely consider upgrading my PS4, knowing I wouldn't have to shell out the equivalent of a new game every fucking year.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.