[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Shuhei Yoshida claimed Sony "held back" on games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: 2440859-shuhei-yoshida.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2440859-shuhei-yoshida.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
So Shuhei Yoshida claimed Sony "held back" on games for E3, and I honestly don't think this is damage control; there were so many games absent.

>No Last of Us 2
>No Death Stranding
>No Sucker Punch game
>No Itsuno game
>No REmake 2
>No "Dark Fantasy" FromSoft game

Personally I think this kind of sucks, because it shows how much E3 is losing relevance. They're saving a bunch of games for their own show and E3 is slowly just turning into another PAX.
>>
>>380574057
Surprising that Dreams didn't even get a mention all conference.

Also WiLD not being there is a bit strange, since Ancel still keeps posting updates here and there on social media, so we know that's not dead at least.
>>
Taipei Game Show 2018
>RE2Re
>FF7Re
>Death Stranding
>13 Sentinels gameplay
>Exclusive God Eater 3 reveal
>>
7 Remake was a no-show as well.
>>
E3 is primarily about showing what you have for the next three quarters, to assume both your customers and your stockholders that there's stuff coming in soon.
>>
>>380574596
I mean, that didn't stop Sony from showing Shenmue 3 and FF7R 2 years ago.
>>
>>380574057

I have an unironic theory that Sony USA has a policy of not wanting anything that looks too "video gamey" at their E3 shows. I back this up by Neir and Gravity Rush 2 being left out last year, and when they revealed Bloodborne with a cinematic trailer but kept the gameplay demos behind closed doors.
>>
>>380574057
Why would they show EVERYTHING at E3 instead of keeping the good stuff for their own showcase later this year?

The problem is that E3 feels kind of like an obligation to do something when there are far better cons these days and especially so when you have your own show.
>>
>>380575086
Sony showed FF7R to make investors trust on PS4
That's what companies do. Now they have 60 million users they don't need to beg for investments
>>
>>380575362
>Neir and Gravity Rush 2 being left out last year
Gravity Rush 2 is still ignored. Everytime the sony marketing guys talk about sony games (they do it for 5 hours) they never mention Gravity Rush.
Perhaps it's a series that will never sell well in USA and it's a miracle we had localizations.
>>
E3 feels like it's gotten too normalfag now.

They actually showed way more niche games on PSX last year and it was great.
>>
TGS: Sep 9 2017
PSX 2017 will be held in Anaheim, CA, on December 9-10
>>
>>380574057
You mean the same guy that basically promised us an Ape Escape 4 through teasing and never followed up on it?

I'm about this close to traveling to Nippon and off the bastard.
>>
>>380575362
>I have an unironic theory that Sony USA has a policy of not wanting anything that looks too "video gamey" at their E3 shows. I back this up by Neir and Gravity Rush 2 being left out last year, and when they revealed Bloodborne with a cinematic trailer but kept the gameplay demos behind closed doors.

Raw video game'y gameplay doesn't sell video games anymore. Cutscenes sell games better since they're just meant to be watched.

Also the average idiot can't tell the difference between a set piece and geniune proper gameplay. Spider-Man didn't even show off the open world and swinging properly and people still loved the demo.
>>
>>380576037
>Spider-Man didn't even show off the open world and swinging properly and people still loved the demo.
because 90% of people think it's unnecessary :(
>>
>>380576037
Show Scalebound gameplay:
>failure
show a black actor screaming
>hype

That's why companies are doing the youtube way
>>
The problem is that Sony does a minimum of 3 press conferences to do, E3/TGS/PSX and you can make 4-5 if they do Gamescom/Paris Games Week this year
Plus they have announcements during the E3 streams on the show floor where they show way more games
So it makes some sense that they can't blow their entire load at one show, but even then the conference was sub-par for Sony
>>
>>380576667
The positive thing about Sony 2017 was lack of "WE ARE SUPER EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE"
"WE ARE VERY HAPPY TO BE HERE IN MULTICULTURAL LOS ANGELES"

I hope they repeat this next year.
>>
File: 1424067717321.gif (1023KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1424067717321.gif
1023KB, 500x361px
>>380575086
They had to show Shenmue to get as many kikestarter shekels as possible.
>>
File: 1465629531128.png (188KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1465629531128.png
188KB, 557x605px
I'm feeling it.
>>
>>380575795
>PSX 2017 will be held in Anaheim, CA, on December 9-10
So no games for this year?
>>
>>380574057
>boss is finally defeated
>"I was only holding back!"
>>
File: 1493572287359.jpg (71KB, 640x780px) Image search: [Google]
1493572287359.jpg
71KB, 640x780px
As somebody who desperately wants DMC5 I was beyond mad with how the Marvel VS Capcom wrapped up.

It was edited EXACTLY in such a way as to imply a transition into a DMC5 reveal. The game already had its stupid "joke after logo appearance" thingy, and then for some fucking reason it shows the Dante scene with Rocket Raccoon saying "CARE TO DANCE?" and shooting Ebony and Ivory, then the screen just fades to black in the most awkward way ever. THAT'S THE FUCKING END OF THE TRAILER. Afterwards the CoD:WWII trailer plays.

It seriously feels like an announcement was janked out at the last second, the same trailer on Marvel's youtube channel doesn't even have the Dante and Rocket scene at the end.
>>
>>380574057

I'm not surprised.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/12/15788712/playstation-experience-2017-dates-location-e3

That Sony Experience event means that Sony has to hold stuff back for it every year and it's really biting them in the ass for this E3.
>>
File: MY44x_s-200x150.gif (57KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
MY44x_s-200x150.gif
57KB, 200x150px
>>380574057
I'll get you next time, Nintendo!
>>
File: 1496758244786.jpg (79KB, 398x724px) Image search: [Google]
1496758244786.jpg
79KB, 398x724px
>>380574057
>No "Dark Fantasy" FromSoft game
oh god, make a new Armored Core you hacks
>>
>>380577368
Does Nintendo even do a big showcase outside of E3? Seeing as they have directs.
>>
>>380574057
Remember when journos said E3 isn't important anymore? Is this the first time in years they've been right about something?
>>
>>380577616
This, the dark fantasy shit got old with the first Dark Souls.
>>
>>380577678
That's one thing they've been right about all along.

The E3 showfloor used to be the most fucking balls to the walls gaming showcase out there. With the rise of the internet and the ability to interact with consumers directly what is the point of game journos and E3?
>>
I could see their shitty E3 being a direct response to people saying that last year they only showed games that were years away and nothing that was released within the next year or so. Too bad they already showed the games that are coming out 2017/2018 last year.
>>
>>380577162
Lack of DMC5 will never ever stop hurting. I've given up hope on the series... I'm growing older too (22 years). So it's time for me to move on... my heart just can't bear it anymore.

To think that I have been the personal instigator of the hype for it this year and the previous one.
>>
>>380577795
Found the dumb normie madden-playing pleb.

Dark Fantasy will never get old.
>>
>>380576037
>Raw video game'y gameplay doesn't sell video games anymore

Bullshit it doesn't. The Mario Odyssey trailer alone got more buzz than anything else in this year's E3. Sony's marketing team just THINKS that's the case, and that's going to hinder them in the long run.
>>
Sony still won E3 with the Spider-Man and Monster Hunter reveals. Those 2 alone will sell an additional 20 million PS4s.
>>
>>380579960
ahahah good joke
>>
They barely showed any fucking games made in japan so I believe it.
>>
Pre-show
>Ace combat
>Everybody's golf
>New game by Until Dawn dudes
>Tropico
>Undertale

Conference
>...
>...
>...
>>
>>380576037
>Raw video game'y gameplay doesn't sell video games anymore.
>anymore
It never did

Gaming magazines would have giant 3d renders and concept art covering entire pages, demo discs were full of CGI trailers while all the ingame screenshots were small and in the corner

Hell, there were barely any gameplay footage ever shown because it used to be a giant pain in the ass to record gameplay
You think Tomb Raider would have sold as well if they only showed a polygon trex in a badly textured cube of a room?

This is a bigger meme than "5/10 used to mean average when I was a kid"
No, it always meant it was shit
>>
>>380577162
Probably Capcom wanted to show DMC5 but (as the other anon said) it was too videogamey and japanese

They probably only let them show MvCI because "ITS MARVEL KIDS LOVE MARVEL DUDE SPIDERMAN LMAO"

Which is kind of a good thing, because it means DMC5 exists at least. I hope
>>
>>380577641
Directs are their showcase. There's no way that Sony, even with them supposedly "withholding content" from E3, will beat Nintendo out in terms of quality content.
>>
Are you still mad Sony lost E3? I mean I get why you'd be mad but don't think that Nintendo doesn't have even more games they didn't show, hell those last 3 games won't even be exclusive, Nintendo has more exclusives than that list you listed that we know about that were no shows at E3, and they have even more games that we don't know about.

Sony fans are pathetic grasping at every straw they can find.

>>380574596
That didn't stop them showing all the big games they showed this year last year.
>>
>>380574596
>E3 is primarily about showing what you have for the next three quarters, to assume both your customers and your stockholders that there's stuff coming in soon.
literally never ever, most E3 other than Nintendo were games that took even up to the next E3 to release
>>
>>380582386
>Are you still mad Sony lost E3?

This isn´t about Sony, is about some japanese companies that didn´t want to show anything because there are better events for them such as TGS and Psx
Is obvious the conference was cut as it was only one hour.
>>
>>380582587
Oh yeah, of course it is.
>>
>>380582670

It´s not my fault you haters need to hate and take everything like a competition.
>>
>>380583000
E3 is always a competition cuck.
>>
>>380583000
>I-It's not a competition!
The words of a loser.
>before
>SONY WON, BEST SHOW OF E3, EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST JELLY
>after
>THE SHOW WAS SHIT BUT THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY HOLDING BACK SO IT'S OKAY, E3 IS SHIT ANYWAY

>inb4 b-but /v/ is not one person
>>
>>380583319
No, that's effectively what happened, Sony got blown the fuck out, after actually looking at Bethesda's E3 show in general and reading the Creation Club details, Bethesda had a better E3 than Sony and Sony's E3 was the second worse one.
>>
>>380574057
What was with the frameskips and audio glitches by the way, it didn't seem like it was just the stream, at least not the frameskips?
>>
>>380574057
You cant win e3 on previously announced games, besides Sony never show anything that isn't westernized at e3, their shit is usually announced at Jap shows.
In other news this quote was just damage control for their poor showing.
>>
>>380574057
does it really matter though
>>
>>380577616
it's aztec themed
>>
>FULL FLEDGED DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>380582587
>only 1 hour long
>Nintendo dominated them with 25 MINUTES
>>
>>380574057
>REmake 2
>Sony
???
>>
>>380586258
It's not coming to switch, capcom sneakily requested an additional 2gb of ram in the regular sdk and then phoned it in like sony's e3 conference.
>>
>>380586437
>not Nintendo <=> Sony
???
>>
>>380584081
>people still falling for this
>>
>>380587223
I'm just pointing out that it's definitely not going to be on Switch, it's gonna be on Playstation definitely, maybe PC and possibly Xbox One X
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.