[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, now that it's June of the year 2017, has the "MGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 48

File: 1497400321863.jpg (97KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1497400321863.jpg
97KB, 1600x900px
So, now that it's June of the year 2017, has the "MGS V sucks" meme ended yet?

Have the meme shitposters and story retards moved on to be idiots about another game or killed themselves yet? Is the smart part of /v/ left?

Can we finally all admit to ourselves that MGS V is fucking excellent?

>Excellent Open World Action and Stealth
>So much hours spent of pure fun
>Excellent controls that no MGS game has achieved before
>D-Horse
>D-Dog
>Fultoning everything (and I mean EVERYTHING)
>Based soldier and base management
>The best example of emergent gameplay in the entire medium

Easily the second best Metal Gear Solid game (After Snake Eater) and one of the best games of all time.
>>
File: 15.png (4KB, 222x211px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
4KB, 222x211px
>TFW you unironically agree with a copy-pasta designed to bait you
>>
>>380563524
I agree
>>
>>380563524
It was unfinished but what we got was still great. Shame that Chapter 3 NEVER EVER.
at least a tripfag is killing himself over it
>>
>>380563524
MGS5 was a great game, but unfinished. They honestly should have ended it once you killed Skullface, cuz everything afterwards was fucking retarded.

My only gripe is that the great big world was empty as fuck. Metal Gear works better as more of a base-invasion type game, not open world, but Kojima was stroking his nub to GTA5 and wanted to push it in that direction.
>>
File: 1495138435676.jpg (74KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
1495138435676.jpg
74KB, 737x758px
>want to play every MGS
>release order means I have to end with MGSV
>chronological order means I have to end with MGR

Shit
>>
>>380563524
The open world was lifeless with nothing to do or discover. Quests were boring and repetitive while bases were small and underdeveloped.
>>
File: 1491919612174.jpg (91KB, 428x428px) Image search: [Google]
1491919612174.jpg
91KB, 428x428px
Nah. Splinter Cell Blacklist did literally everything better.
>>
>>380563759
chronological order is a meme
play release order
>>
>>380563759
Just end with MGS4. It's a flawed ending, but it at least feels like a real wrap up.
>>
File: 1486241153502.jpg (56KB, 640x696px) Image search: [Google]
1486241153502.jpg
56KB, 640x696px
>>380563524
>he likes running around in an empty desert
>he likes infiltrating tiny non-complex areas outside of main missions that are of no consequence
>he likes worthless companions
>he likes micro-managing the base
>he likes fultoning the games difficulty into the ground
>he considers an unfinished game one of the best games ever
you deserved a better game anon, we all did. we all did.
>>
File: 1495252482597.png (87KB, 275x266px) Image search: [Google]
1495252482597.png
87KB, 275x266px
>>380563524
Open world was a mistake
>>
>>380563524
>Easily the second best Metal Gear Solid game (After Snake Eater)
Third best, after Snake Eater and 1
>>
>>380563524
>For getting 100% completion you get two shitty skins that you can get in 20 minutes in GZ.

>No difficulty levels

>The story is COMPLETE garbage, it's far worse than Peace Walker or any other MGS game. It's worse than most other games in general.

>The characters, codecs, and the voice acting involved is all very terrible.

>Cutscenes are sparse as fuck.

>Tons of worthless travelling to get around to your objectives, you either run through totally empty land or wait on loading screens and chopper animations.

>Motherbase management is just awful, Peace Walker did it better.

>There are no bosses worth mentioning.

>You're forced to replay missions you already completed if you want to finish the game.

>Quiet is forced to leave if you want to finish the game which is just stupid from a gameplay perspective.

>There are only a couple of actually hand crafted infiltration sections(think previous interior mgs sections) and they only last a short while.

>Microtransactions

>The game has visual bugs and the AI is pretty much completely blind at times.

>You can't swim or drive a Metal Gear or even the motorcycle

>Outer ops a downgrade from PW

>Side ops have less variety than PW

>Weapon variety worse than PW

>No cool weapons like railgun, tanegashima etc

>No date with Kaz, Ocelot, Quiet, or Mantis

WWU when MGSV was a massive blunder?
>>
>>380563759
skip MGS V. it adds nothing to the overarching narrative but retconing some shit while opening plot holes
>>
File: 1496542610083.jpg (303KB, 747x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496542610083.jpg
303KB, 747x720px
the game was so good when it didn't have a chapter 3 I wanted to die.
>>
File: d63.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
d63.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>380563524
Not really, even without the criticism of the story (or lack thereof) its a very barebones game with some of the best controls vidya has to offer.

meh, the claim that bases would come to each others aide as advertised is an outright lie. The open world is very disconnected and there is almost nothing between bases and outposts. The stealth gameplay is there, though the bases themselves are static and none of them are as detailed as Camp Omega was, except maybe OKB zero.

cant argue with that, 400+ hours for me, more than worth the cost.

See above

>D-Horse, D-Dog
Arguably break the game or at the very least cheapen the stealth you so heap praise unto. Whats the point of recon and scouting a base if I can just walts in and let DD do it for me. Whats the point of fultoning and using vehicles when the horse is quieter, faster, and doesnt trigger caution when seen by an enemy.

>Fultoning everything (and I mean EVERYTHING)
it gets old, real fast. Not only that but there is next to no point to fultoning shit like mortars, MG placements and vehicles (see above). On top of that the volunteer soldiers you get from heroism are better than any shitkickers you find in the field, save for some with very specific skills.

easily the most pointless and tedious part of the game, I play MGS for tactical espionage action, not managing spreadsheets and employees, I do that at my shitty job.

Provide examples, this just sounds like marketing buzzwords to me.

It's definitely okay, but GZ set the audience up for something that TPP just failed to deliver on, no matter how you look at it. I didn't mention story once and I picked out so many flaws that to someone new, it would look garbage.

MGS 3 > MGS 1 > MGS 2 > MGS V > MGS PW > MGS 4
>>
>>380564289
what plot holes?
>>
>>380563868
True, even the ending twist was better than in TPP. It wasn't even a serious twist, you just played the last level as that nigger instead of Fisher. And it still managed to be a better "twist" than the Medic in TPP.
>>
>>380563524
>Tranq darts are invisible
>Unlike in MGS3, YOU can't destroy storage houses and hear guards talk about how hungry they are and run out of ammo
>You can't feed hungry guards food and have them comment on it or die from poison
>Can't throw animals at guards
>Guards don't talk to themselves
>No voiced dialoge for guard interrogations
>Guards don't limp if you shoot legs or hold their wounds(arm, dick, stomach)
>Pointing gun at guards no longer makes them beg or quiver
>Guards don't follow footprints
>Hardly any flora&fauna and you can't eat, every area in MGS3 had unique species
>Normal guards stay held up forever if nobody intercedes
>Dead guards no longer leave blood trails when you move them
>Rocket punch is invisible when in MGS1/2 the guards would see, hear, avoid, and shoot the Nikita
>Laser sights do not instantly trigger an alert
>Worst designed bosses in the series, deploy a tank for any of them for S rank zero challenge
>Small variety in camo, none for your face
>No guard dogs, camera, co-ops communication, books, knife equip, MGS4 masks, character model viewer, swimsuits, secret theatre, VR missions, tuxedo, parody games(guy savage, ape escape, skateboarding), swimming, shooting range, and no difficulty level
>"TECHNOLOGY" Easter eggs nowhere
>Main missions are worse than GZ
>Side-ops variety is worse than PW and they're easier, they also aren't ranked
>None of the levels are designed well, Camp Omega was the best one having multiple objectives and one of two interiors in the game
>Open world adds nothing except accessability
>The cover system is the worst in MGS
>Contextual buttons often do the wrong thing
>You can no longer stand on your tip toes or lean to the side while aiming
>Ledge shooting, crotch grabbing, and prone CQC wasn't implemented
>No alert/evasion/caution tunes
>Some of the characters don't speak at all
>The story, radio, and tapes are worse than every other MGS
>Tons of cut content and no ending
>Buggiest game yet
>>
>>380564548
>MGS 3 on the very top
>MGS 4 on the very bottom
You can tell a person is a patrician Metal Gear fan when he fulfills these two conditions
>>
>>380564853

if by 'patrician' you mean 'retard', sure. mgs4 had the best gameplay in the whole series by far.
>>
>>380563524
It's not shit, but it's also not good.

The open world is pointless and really is just an excuse to reuse the same small levels repeatedly, which aren't very good because they had to be built "open" and the game ruins its own premise by putting unjustified invisible mission abort walls everywhere.

The stealth gameplay is the least balanced it's ever been, with semi-automatic tranquilizer pistols, overpowered CQC, braindead enemies, infinite magazines, wallhacks, and so on.

The controls are less intricate than 4, there's no rear naked choke, you can't flip over while prone, you can't peek over ledges, there's no side flip or lean, and there's no weapon CQC.

There's two bosses and both of them suck ass. Base management is severely dumbed down from Peace Walker and FOBs are incredibly irritating and stupid. The microtransactions and real-time development shit is a slap in the face and absolutely disgusting.

There is no emergent gameplay whatsoever, everyone plays the game the exact same way and the systems and missions are extremely rigid.
>>
>>380564954
Retard spotted
>>
>>380565176

yeah see you've got the two words backwards
>>
>>380564806
One of the shittiest things about the entire game is the lack of storage areas and armories. I don't know why they dropped the ball on this so hard. GZ was filled with armories to loot so you could play OSP. Meanwhile TPP has exactly one fixed gun spawn in Afghanistan.
>>
>>380563524
>MGS3 menus

Forced:
1 Fix your broken arm after The Boss throws you off a cliff
2. Take out leeches after you "Pretty Good" Ocelot
3. Take out The Fear arrows if you suck shit and get hit
4. Treat The Mad burns if you suck shit and get burned
5. Take out the tracker The Boss puts up your ass(I forget why desu, does this even happen?)

Optional:
1. Equip camo to fit in with the trees knowing you literally never have to do this, splitter/tiger 4lyfe
2. Organize the items you rarely need to use
3. You're shit and actually somehow get hurt randomly between bosses and want to heal(you don't even have to)

Estimated time doing all of this for an entire playthrough: 10 minutes

>MGSV menus
Forced:
1. 10 pop-up screens before the splash screens
2. DO YOU WANT TO IMPORT GZ SAVE OR CONTINUE?
3. Open your iDroid
4. Receive rewards
5. Choose mission
6. Choose buddy/equipment/vehicle/player
7. Watch AutistBoss fly to his location(basically a shitty menu)

Optional:
1. Call supply drops
2. Order Quiet to move around
3. Upgrade your equipment
4. Upgrade your base
5. Customize your base
6. Place markers
7. Organize your soldiers
8. Send your soldiers on missions
9. Listen to tapes/music
10. Organize your funds

Estimated time doing all of this for an entire playthrough: 30 hours
>>
File: fbdhf.jpg (23KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
fbdhf.jpg
23KB, 304x304px
>>380564954
>mgs4
>gameplay
>>
>>380565330

>you
>intelligence
>>
>>380564557
All MGSV really does is explain how Big Boss survived you killing him in Metal Gear to pop up in 2
Be cause Snake killed the wrong one
>>
File: Bikini FOB.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bikini FOB.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>no one Supports your PF so high-level dudes rape your FOB in full Combat Alert with impunity every time you go to bed
>>
OP while you might be right about the gameplay, the story sucked

It's sort of like having a fantastic burger; ie the bread, the cheese and the fillings are great, but it's missing the meat which is the main component

That's why it sucked. This game is one of the reasons why I will never preorder again, or get hype
>>
>>380564954
>gameplay
lel
nigga the stealth gameplay effectively ends after Act 2.
>>
>>380565430
That's not a plot hole.
>>
File: 1491952222322.gif (186KB, 678x422px) Image search: [Google]
1491952222322.gif
186KB, 678x422px
>>380563524
All that what you said was true, the thing is, the game was so close to being 10/10 the best game in a while. It could've breathed new life into metal gear and gave this generation a defining game.
Instead it just fell short a little bit, and ended up being a good game, but not a legendary time piece. It's clear to see where the cuts in the game were made. Africa was nothing comapared to Afghan, it just felt rushed. There should've been a 3rd area as well, and more indoor areas.
The narrative wrapped itself up after chapter 1 and chapter 2 felt rushed especially with the rehashed missions.
And lastly, Snake doesn't really talk, which is a shame. A lot of the soul of the metal gear franchise takes place during codec conversations. It felt like it was missing the whole time. It's sucks because miller was really fun when he talked to you, if only there was some playful banter between him and snake.
again, the game was really good and really fun to play, it just could've been a really perfect game, instead it just left you wanting more.
>>
File: 1485043401847.jpg (44KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
1485043401847.jpg
44KB, 332x332px
>>380565495
>food analogy
>it's shit
how does this happen every single time? is it endemic to food analogies in general or the people who visit /v/?
>>
>>380565495
>the story sucked
The story didn't suck, it had a different tone and for the first time in the series (and this is gonna get you mgsfanbabies assblasted) all the expository shit (90% of the so called "story" from previous games) is made optional.
>>
The first segment is garbage. That whole hospital tutorial is so fucking tedious and they make you do it twice because they're lazy hacks.
>>
>>380565495
I don't know if I could even say the gameplay was good because the level design and boss fights sucked so hard.

The mission objectives were consistently terrible. So many tailing missions.
>>
>>380565495
>story
>main component
the story in MGS has always been childish poorly written tripe, if the the gameplay isn't the main draw for you then you're doing it wrong
>>
>>380563524
Ah yes, an excellent game that no one plays. Makes you think, don't ithink faggot?
>>
>>380565820
Agreed
>MFW retarded MGS4faggots wanted the entire of MGS V to be like that segment
Fucking faggots
>>
>>380565520
Sadly yes, but still both 2 acts are much fucking better than whole mgsv experience.
>>
File: 1497406194040.png (1MB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
1497406194040.png
1MB, 1000x897px
>>380564557
>Eli runs away with a metal gear more advanced than anything in the entire MGS franchise
>What the hell did Ocelot do after V?
>What the hell did Miller do after V?
>What the hell was BB doing DURING V?
>Why aren't parasites a thing after V?
>What happened to Mantis after V?
>What happened to Quiet after V? She only spoke a few sentences and had damaged lungs, I doubt she died.
>Why does the Battle Gear even exist and what happened to it?
>Why are wormholes suddenly a canon thing in MG, and this amazing technology is never mentioned or used again?
>Why is the TX-55 so fucking shitty if they have access to the same labs and plans that built Sally?
>Did Venom willingly accept his role of BB or was he pissed at what he became? It's only alluded to and left open ended.
>Why in the fuck did they retcon Skull Face into being in Russia cleaning up after Naked Snake, there's literally no evidence and how the fuck did a man with no skin survive a russian jungle, swamp, mountain, fortress?
>It was risky as hell to get Naked into Russia for Snake Eater, how the hell did they get Skull Face in there too as a tag along?
>Why can't I ride that badass Triumph that BB has?
>>
>>380566031
No
>>
>>380566329
Yes
Sad opinion
>>
File: shot.jpg (67KB, 618x1006px) Image search: [Google]
shot.jpg
67KB, 618x1006px
>>380565691
It's just an easy analogy. A burger specifically has a number of components; all of which combine together to make the final product

When I was being taught how to write an essay in middle school, our teacher used a burger to explain what an introduction, main body paragraph and conclusions were.

>>380565764
Muh parasites, and muh language is not as well crafted as the other games.

>>380565835
The missions were shit, no doubt there. But researching equipment and then using that equipment to attack bases in the way you saw fit was cool.

Though I suppose you could just run and gun the whole game with no consequences if you chose to.

>>380565852
.the story in MGS has always been childish poorly written tripe, if the the gameplay isn't the main draw for you then you're doing it wrong
Well, that's like, your opinion man
>>
>>380563524
How do you unlock that snake? and is there a way to unlock a classic head scarf
>>
File: 1461406443141.jpg (59KB, 392x672px) Image search: [Google]
1461406443141.jpg
59KB, 392x672px
>>380564548
>Fultoning everything
>there is next to no point to fultoning
I hated how the fultoning was very self-serving too. It cost money, but whatever you fultoned would always give you more money back. Fultoning animals was just converting GMP to Heroism. Vehicles and turrets did affect your PF rating, but it was such an abstract and statistical "benefit".
I would have liked if you had had a lot less balloons and it would have cost serious dosh to yank stuff, but every stuff (or soldier) you did decide to take would have had meaningful utility and practical value.
>>
>>380565323
>5. Take out the tracker The Boss puts up your ass(I forget why desu, does this even happen?)

It was Ocelot, and it's so that his unit can ambush you by the waterfall. Not taking it out rewards an extra funny cutscene.
>>
>>380565520
>act 1 is about urban stealth, finding your way through houses, ruins, walls and higher ground or not
>act 2 is outdoor stealth, where you need to use grass, tree trunks and crevices
>act 3 is stealth in a Noir setting, sadly, everyone was too stupid to understand when otacon screamed "oh gee, they have identification with faces, they RECOGNIZED your CURRENT face huh?" and ended tailing the member and letting him backtrack for an hour instead of going on AHEAD
>act 4 uses body heat, wind and AI machines
>act 5 is about "base on alert" infiltration

the gameplay is great, the solders acting differently with their emotions was great, only the pace was fucked up beyond redemption
>>
File: 1497128061360.jpg (45KB, 508x510px) Image search: [Google]
1497128061360.jpg
45KB, 508x510px
>>380564557
>what plot holes?
>mgsv
>what
>plot
>holes
are you for fucking real
are you for real
this thing has more plotholes than what mgs4 did to 2
>>
File: 1497124729761.jpg (466KB, 930x987px) Image search: [Google]
1497124729761.jpg
466KB, 930x987px
>Like MGSV for what it's worth
>Perfectly fine with the game, still play it til this day
>Add mods
>Game instantly goes from 7/10 to 10/10
Seriously consider adding mods if you're still playing
>Changed shitty Venom Snake to the real Big Boss. Changed how the enemies move around on foot, added custom soldiers; making the game tougher, patrol Helis are fucking everywhere now, added in random Skull attacks which can come out of nowhere, changed the weapons development to be instant, including Platforms. Removed all of the shitty popups, logos, menus(loading screens) just to do a quick side op, added in more and newer side ops.

Feels good man.
>>
>>380564569
There was a twist in Blacklist? What was it? I never got to play.
>>
>Have over 1500 Diamond Dogs
>Get the kikongo disease

Wanted to blow my brains out desu
>>
>>380566531
You're such a faggot
>>
>>380566239
I can only be bothered to address one element of your complaints, so here it is:

Sahelanthropus was barely more advanced than a garbage can. It required a psychic wonderchild manipulating it like a giant marionette to be remotely functional.
>>
>>380566746
yes
>>
>>380566430
>Muh parasites, and muh language is not as well crafted as the other games

>muh nanomachines
>muh genes
You're a literal fanboy, my man. Also, the things you listed have almost nothing to do with the two main themes of the game, which just shows how fucking lost REAL MGS FANS are when there isn't someone to explain the story to them.

>Well, that's like, your opinion man
Most of the "story" in the rest of the games was expository, which isn't a good thing. Characters would go on an on explaining every little thing to the player, with Snake occasionally saying stuff like "Huh". Just because you're used to it doesn't make it good.
>>380566531
>he actually tries to defend Acts 3,4 and 5

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>380566531
You are officially the worst kind of human being: The MGS 4 apologist. The only answer other than suicide is a lobotomy.
>>
>>380563524
They didn't need to. I don't think MGSV controls "better" than, say, MGS2; it just changed to accommodate the newer gameplay approach.

I wouldn't put it in even my top three Metal Gear games, but MGSV is better than some people give it credit for. It succeeds at what it tries to do, for the most part.
>>
If I don't give a shit about costumes or MGO, and already own GZ, is there any reason to spend the extra money on the definitive edition?
>>
>>380566579
Name 1 plot hole.
>>
File: 6ac260389aac9ea5baa7276dec17e4ad.jpg (104KB, 736x1321px) Image search: [Google]
6ac260389aac9ea5baa7276dec17e4ad.jpg
104KB, 736x1321px
How quickly can I switch the main character to a woman In storymode?
>>
>>380567045
no, I just remind people that there was stealth in the later acts.
I still wait for people to say "that's wrong" but no one will come because everything I said is true, no one played act 3 like they were supposed to, and since they're way too ashamed to admit it, they'll just write it off as "it's shit"

the same kind of people who cream themselves with mgs5 "gameplay" while it's one of the worst gameplay in the serie
>>
>>380566973
lel I'm not even a fanboy mr strawman

I've never played MGS1, I played MGS4 once and the only one I've played solidly are MGS3 and 2 because I bought the HD pack

More effort was put into world building as well as international relations. None of this exists in PP
>>
>>380563524
was debating reinstalling it and going for all the achievements
>>
>>380566789
>It required a psychic wonderchild manipulating it like a giant marionette to be remotely functional
but they had that, exactly that, and someone who was going to use it for their own will who the psychic child listened to. next time you hear from liquid he suddenly needs to steal a less capable version that doesn't require the psyhic?
>>
>>380563524
You're hyperbolizing just as hard as those who call it irredeemable shit, but it is a great game. One of my favorites of the year, (deeply) flawed story be damned. Really wish there was more variety in the environments outside of Afghanistan and Africa.

Who else still watches the trailers from time to time wishing for what could have been?
>>
>>380563778
>quests
>>
>>380567198
No.
>>
>>380567296
Defending Act 3 should be a capital offence
>>
>>380567328
Kingdom of the Flies.
>>
>>380565430
It doesn't explain it because that was already touched on in MG1 itself. Kojima saw it as a place to kill off Venom to keep everything self-contained, but that's definitely not why Venom exists.
>>
>>380567313
Oh and peace walker but that's obviously an aside and not really considered part of the main series even though it is chronologically
>>
>>380567218
That my first question too.

"Backup, Back Down", one of the first missions (6th IIRC), has a female POW you can rescue and then play as.
>>
>>380564557
Miller in general is a weird wrinkle, but that's nearly as much Peace Walker's problem as MGSV's.
>>
>>380563524
Marathoned it for little under 5 months solid, 100% it and never touched it again.

I keep contemplating playing it again but without anything to actually do on it mission/objective wise I can't see any reason to, I'll give it another year and see how I feel about it, that and online is dead on the 360.
>>
>>380565445
never happens nowadays
>>
File: we did it boys .webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
we did it boys .webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>380567463
>mfw people would do that mission on repeat to do what takes seconds in cheat engine
I laughed so hard at consolefags sperging when I first posted this webm, it was so funny how jealous they got.
>>
File: 1496894601714.jpg (85KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1496894601714.jpg
85KB, 680x680px
>>380567603
>on the 360
>He bought it on the 360
>>
>>380567712
Better than the PS3.
>>
>>380567313
>More effort was put into world building as well as international relations
You should probably listen to the tapes and to guard dialogue before saying that, senpai. It makes you look like an idiot.
>>
>>380567708
Yeah I remember too.
>>
>>380567806
It's the same what are you talking about?
>>
>>380566239
>What the hell did Ocelot do after V?
Kept on as a Patriots agent while, presumably, giving Big Boss support.
>What the hell was BB doing DURING V?
The game straight-up tells us.
>Did Venom willingly accept his role of BB
It's kind of ambiguous. The fact Venom ultimately lives as "Big Boss" and dies for Big Boss at Outer Heaven in his stead suggests he accepted it, though. How conflicted he was about it all is anyone's guess, but his actions are telling.

Some of your other questions are trivial, but some are fair things to be irritated with.
>>
>>380567708
>Haha we can cheat XD
Yes, yes, nice job mustard.

I'm just glad I found out about the bug that lets you fulton POWs in Afganistan without flagging the SideOp as completed by starting Mission 11 from the iDroid.

>>380567806
I doubt that's true. I played it on PS3 and it was fine. Ran great and was very lively for a long time.
t. not >>380567712
>>
>>380567448
>an aside and not really considerd part of the main series
That's where you're wrong and a fucking faggot, because Peace Walker is both canon and important for MGSV, ITS FUCKING SEQUEL.
More than anything else, MGSV was a direct sequel to PW.
>>
>>380567708
I repeated back up, back down because that mission is god tier
There's a lot of ways of doing it
>>
>>380567448
Peace walker was MGS5, until conjima decided to switch the name because it wouldn't be on a regular console
>>
>>380566616

gimme some mods lad
>>
>>380568053
>back-up, back down
>god tier
If Miller would just shut the fuck up for five goddamn seconds the whole game would have been God-tier.
Thanks to him that mission is one of the worst.
>>
>>380567335
I actually like what we got story-wise more than what the trailers tried to imply. MGSV is a clumsy mess in all kinds of ways, but the story was somewhat more interesting in parts than I expected. The rest of the game was basically what I anticipated.
>>
>>380563524
i spent 100 hours in the past week playing the game, i can't get enough.
>>
File: 1497477259652.jpg (57KB, 429x408px) Image search: [Google]
1497477259652.jpg
57KB, 429x408px
>>380568330
Whoopsie, had my trip on.

For me it's:

MGS1 > MGS3 > MGS5 (GZ + PP) = MGS2 > MGS4

Not counting any of the spin-offs or Peace Walker.
>>
>>380568330
>MGS1 > MGS3 > MGS5 (GZ + PP) = MGS2 > MGS4
So close to patrician.

MGS1 > MGS3 > MGS5 (GZ + PP) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MGS2 = MGS4
>>
>>380567991
>I doubt that's true. I played it on PS3 and it was fine. Ran great and was very lively for a long time.
It's 10 fps lower than the Xbox version during any heavy segment.

So no, it runs like dogshit.
>>
File: mgrex.jpg (61KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
mgrex.jpg
61KB, 600x325px
>>380568187
Infinite Heaven and Shigu's Camera Framework are all what you need.
>>
>>380566789
Listen to the tapes you ultimate faggot.
It was fully operational from mechanical standpoint. The computer equipment necessary for minute calculations needed to keep it from instantly face-palming and staying balanced ended up too big to fit into the chassis.
Huey brags that he die shrinksband it to a tenth of its original size, but it wasn't enough.
Give it a year and one or two more die shrinks and it's a go, Skull face wasn't the patient sort tho.
Emmerich then wanted to use remote AI control, but fuckface had an enormous hate boner for AI after Boss AI an hero's in PW.
He was getting pretty tired with Huey's shit and that's when mantis came along.
>>
File: paz.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
paz.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>380567991
Look, he's still mad.
>>
>>380567991
>>380567806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In3osfKXYFc
Not that it doesn't run like shit on 360 too
>>
>>380568462
Why didn't you like MGS2 or MGS4? Same fella you're replying to.
>>
>>380568550
That just sounds like you have a shitty PS3.
>>
>>380568187
http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/438/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/45/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/106/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/236/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/59/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/300/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/464/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/371/?

It's up to you on how you want to play the game. But Infinite Heaven is the best one to add because of the many mods it covers in one install. Also, the cleanest too. Definitely use Snakebite or modding this game is fucking retarded.
>>
>>380568720
>8720 â–¶
>>>380568462
>Why didn't you like MGS2 or MGS4? Same fella you're replying to.
Not him but MGS4 took so many things to the extreme that it felt like a badly written parody of MGS1-3 with occasional gameplay.
>>
>>380568462
Wrong
>MGS2>MGS>MGS3=MGSV>PW>>>>>MGS4
ftfy
>>
>>380568673

Any guide on how to cheat in a bunch of female soldiers, pal?
>>
>>380568725
>being a nigger
see>>380568716

It's objectively worse than on PS3 even the graphics are worse.
>>
>>380568437
>>380568462
>no non-solid titles
>patrician in any way
>MGS2 not reason of a man tier
>>
>>380568668
>It was fully operational from a mechanical standpoint
>it was a masterpiece! it just needed more time!
Nice damage control Huey, it was still functionally useless and needed literal magic to be any more threatening than a spoon.
>>
File: 45-0-1492937385.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
45-0-1492937385.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
>>380568187
The game is unplayable without Infinite Heaven.
>>
>>380568716
>literally can't tell the difference between 20fps and 3fps
Feels good to be a Pleb.

>>380568720
I didn't like 2 because of basically everything it did outside of the gameplay changes. Hated Raiden, resented the ruse, hated the AI shit, hated how zany it got, hated the bosses. The whole thing.

4 just felt like MGS2:2. It got zany as fuck almost immediately and at that point I just couldn't finish it (I quit after Liquid's arm possessed Ocelot).
>>
>>380569245
20fps and 30**fps
>>
>>380569079
Are you clinically retarded?
>A state of the art, stealth fighter jet is useless without it's flight computer handling avionics.
>It's as advanced as a bucket of bolts.
Because that's how retarded you sound.
>>
>>380569245
>this entire post
I guess ignorance really is bliss.
>>
>>380568783
Just installed Snakebite after seeing all these mod posts.

Any other recommended mods? Played through it on PS4 and got it on PC after I upgraded my PC, even though it seems this game runs like butter on anything.
>>
>>380565330
>best stealth
>best gunplay
>best multiplayer
>>
>>380569245
MGS4 feels a lot more like a sequel to MGS3 than MGS2 at points. Not just the game design, but where the game puts its emphasis in the story.

It's also bizarre to me that people overlook the goofy tone of MGS3 and all the wacky shit in it but somehow Ocelot's possession is just too much.
>>
File: young snake.png (2MB, 1932x1086px) Image search: [Google]
young snake.png
2MB, 1932x1086px
>>380563524
>No official fox engine Solid Snake model
feels bad man
>>
>>380569405
You assclown, it's more like
>a state of the art jet fighter is useless without a pilot interface
which Sahelanthropus was. It couldn't operate with or without a pilot. It needed a one of a kind telekinetic prodigy it wasn't even designed to facilitate. It was literally an impotent metal hulk without Mantis.
>>
>>380569552
Infinite Heaven.
Remove the dev. timers.
Suppressing the popups.
Those are essential.
Anything else is up to you. I just posted the ones I preferred.
>>
MGSV has zero good qualities. Worst prologue I've ever suffered through, retarded, cheap looking cut scenes. Boring, repetitive gameplay (and I only played 5-8 hours). Just has nothing going for it.

The Last good MGS was 3.
>>
File: 1443772642729.png (125KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1443772642729.png
125KB, 500x375px
>>380563524
MGSV has all the core gameplay, makings and potential. It just fails to capitalize on them and, phantom pain memes aside, leaves you hollow and probably unintentionally compared to the story.
>>
>>380569781

Is there any mod to fit me out with waifus with combat skills so I don't have to grind missions to get them
>>
>>380569679
>overlook
I wouldn't say "overlook". More like "put up with for the sake of the greater story".

MGS3 tells a great fucking story. If I have to watch Volgin grab Raokov's dick and a fat guy shoot bees out of his mouth, I can deal with that.
>>
File: Metal-gear-solid-o-poster.jpg (782KB, 1600x2003px) Image search: [Google]
Metal-gear-solid-o-poster.jpg
782KB, 1600x2003px
>>380569801
>The Last good MGS was 3.
I think you mean MGO2
>>
>>380569868
Skill modifiers? I don't see anything for it.
>>
File: 1389767324706.gif (2MB, 436x376px) Image search: [Google]
1389767324706.gif
2MB, 436x376px
I only want to play MGO3 without CoD fuckers running around gunning everything down.

Can we just make a gang and enjoy it from time to time, fellow /v/ermins?
>>
>>380569868
Pretty sure that's covered in Outer Herem or whatever it's called.
>>
>>380569894
The ending is the only part of MGS3's story I love, mostly because of how it ties into Big Boss's later behavior. The rest is pretty dull.
>>
>>380570045
Are you talking about the FOBs or a mod?
>>
>>380568238
I thought they had some good ideas. Vocal cord parasites, You Are (Not) Big Boss, Huey being a shitbag. There was some interesting stuff in there, but they totally dropped the ball with most everything else; Skull Face was a lame as fuck villain, returning characters like Mantis, Liquid, and Volgin whose plotlines all amount to nothing and weren't brought back for any particularly good reason, the player has hardly any agency in the story due to everything being told through tapes, QUIET. It's been two years at this point so I'm covering well-trodden ground here, but damn, I get so upset when I think about the chasm in quality between the gameplay and the narrative. I loved the game, but it's a minefield of missed opportunities.
>>
>>380570040
Wasn't there a rebalancing mod on reddit? I don't know if that died or never went anywhere.
>>
File: opinion.jpg (83KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
opinion.jpg
83KB, 394x406px
>>380570129
>The rest is pretty dull.
>

>>380570165
It's a mod.
>>
>>380569695
Or an external AI, which is something the Master Cuck pushed for, but Skullface was heavily opposed to.
Point is, if Skull wanted it to work, it could have been made to work. He didn't care - he found a way to use the prototype, and by the time mass production would start in a couple years - the issue would be ironed out.
>>
>>380570281
Not that guy but I can't find it
>>
File: 1495539533743.gif (3MB, 216x320px) Image search: [Google]
1495539533743.gif
3MB, 216x320px
>You can turn automatic S rank on even if you have a chicken or call helicopters
NEAT
>>
>>380570296
Could have, would have, should have. That's irrelevant because it wasn't the case: the fact, and my point, is that Sahelanthropus was useless without Mantis.
>>
>>380570281
>>380570334

Same, nothing on google or the nexus
>>
>>380564289
Who honestly cares about the shit story that much to skip entire games? It's a generic espionage thriller with dumb anime bullshit thrown in. It's fun and wacky, but nobody honestly gives enough of a fuck to sit through those vacuous monologues unironically. People stay for the dumb fun stealth with neat bossfights and unmatched attention to detail.
>>
File: 1445880714837.gif (203KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445880714837.gif
203KB, 600x500px
>>380570165
>>380570334
.gif related

I don't know where to get it I've just heard it called "Outer Harem" I think.
>>
>3 is the best
I don't care about your opinion on Metal Gear if you think that.
>>
>>380563727
>unfinished but what we got was still great

worse meme i've seen in my entire life desu. literally the only thing this game has going for it are the controls and the engine. Everything else is just trash and you should fuck off back to, wherever you came from (because I don't think even reddit tends to sink this low) if you wrongly believe otherwise
>>
>>380570526
Well MGS is the best. 3 is just the best after that.
>>
>>380570459

Still can't find it

Any chance you could be a pal and upload your cheat engine table?
>>
>>380570368
Why do you have to post gifs like this? I don't want to fap now.
>>
>>380570598
2=1>3>>MG2SS>>>>>>MG>GZ>PW>4>TPP
>>
>>380570637
I don't even have the game for PC lad I just saved that .gif to remind myself to ask around /mgg/ occasionally if anyone ever developed a save editor.
>>
>>380570761

Oh, rip

Guess I'll have to dig deeper
>>
I agree with you op, had a fucking blast with mgs5 and probably will for years to come, sure the story was a little dissapointment but the gameplay is 10/10 in my book
>>
>>380564548
first time I've seen the correct MGS ranking on here, good job
>>
Which configuration do you guys suggest for Infinite Heaven?
There's so much stuff that im lost
>>
>>380570539
>no cohesive argument
>"you should just kill yourself if you don't think like me"
pretty weak desubh fampai
>>
>>380567708
Ask >>380570819. It's his CE allegedly.
>>
>>380571004
Kek.

You know what I meant.
>>
File: 0000000000000000.jpg (33KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
0000000000000000.jpg
33KB, 580x435px
>>380570539
Is Hideo Kojima your personal Bill Cosby?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXZvlb8Fu7U
>>
>>
>>380571258

Cool, thanks bro
>>
>>380570991
Please respond
>>
>>380564806
>Side-ops variety is worse than PW
I haven't played MGS V yet and I find this unbelievable. Surely nothing can be worse than fights with endless bullet sponge vehicle recolors that last for nearly half a goddamn hour?
>>
>>380570991
>>380571826
What are you trying to do?
>>
Anyone ever use this? Better or worse than vanilla?

http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/327/?
>>
>>380563524
>story retards

mgs was always story heavy. back in the days idiots like you complained that "it has too much cut scenes, it's a movie, muh gameplay REEEE" but fans actually liked the formula very much. every story complaint about mgs5 is legit and you should kill yourself. also I give your bait 1/10.
>>
>>380571863
What do you mean?
What is my goal by using the mod?
I just want the game to feel better, because I see everyone saying it makes the game so good
>>
>>380571854
V is worse for not having any variety and all of them are easy as fuck. It's just a waste of time.
>>
>>380571854
>Fulton Prisoner (with shit stats) #1 through 14
>Fulton High-Skill (with shit stats) Soldier #1 through 14
>Kill some dudes #1 through 12
>Take out a tank squad #1 through 26
>Neutralize zombies #1 through 12
That's about it.
>>
>>380570207
>Skull Face was a lame as fuck villain
How it handled Skull Face is one of my favorite parts of the story, though. It was a pleasant surprise after he was a generic Scary Rape Man in Ground Zeroes.

He's a colossal loser despite his intelligence and skill. Zero is completely right to dismiss the parasites, Skull Face's big attack on Zero meant little because the Patriots were well underway, and even his bombastic attack on Mother Base amounted to fuck all: Big Boss couldn't give less of a shit about Skull Face and can't even be bothered to seek revenge. Instead, Big Boss immediately starts work on his most dangerous and ambitious project. Then Skull Face dies in the most pathetic way imaginable. His plan is kind of lazy and heavy-handed thematically, but the core of his character is a fun change of pace and serves the game well.
>>
>>380563524
>everything I don't agree with is a meme

And this is why I don't take this place seriously.
>>
>>380572620
Sometimes it's true though.

Like "Skyrim is better than Morrowind/good on a fundamental level". Pure memery and pure bullshit.

OP's post is mostly right.
>>
>>380572905
>OP's post is mostly right.

Why am I not surprised someone who agrees with the meme description also has shitty taste? OP is so wrong that he got completely BTFO more than several times.
>>
>>380572905
OP didn't even try to argue why the game was good to all his replies.

The game is objectively shit.
>>
>>380563524
MGSV is a boring, shitty game that embodies everything that sucks dick about modern gaming. Fuck Kojima and his shitty open world TPS sewage.
>>
>>380573312
>>380573386
The amount of bitterness here is tragic.
>>
>>380574119
I don't agree with them, but I get it.
>>
>>380574119
>>380574424
>I have shit taste
We know.
>>
File: Top Three.jpg (158KB, 865x977px) Image search: [Google]
Top Three.jpg
158KB, 865x977px
>>380574630
Do I, anon? Do I have shit taste?
>>
>>380575002
Yes.
>>
>>380575276
wtf i hate everything i liked now
>>
File: 1479444744128.jpg (10KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
1479444744128.jpg
10KB, 300x219px
The game was pretty good but I really wished they let you create your own female character to play as in the story mode, like you can in multiplayer.
I guess that says a lot about how much story there actually was though.
>mfw put in 40 hours into the multiplayer cause I liked the tight tps shooting where you can play as a slim female soldier
>>
>>380566239
100% retarded post
Eli run away with a NOT WORKING metal gear. V attracted such a moronic crowd
>>
>>380564067
>quiet
>worthless
>>
File: Reload.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reload.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>380575582
>40 hours of MGO3

I think I came close to that. 30 or so. I didn't really like MGO3.

>I liked the tight tps shooting where you can play as a slim female soldier
Main draw of the game 2bh.
>>
>>380572170
Well there's plenty of stuff you could change, it's all up to you.
>>
>>380563524
Yes. I think it's an exceptional game.

>Memorable moments like Paz side quest, quarantine mission, prologue, hells gate, bees, etc.
>flawless gameplay. Smooth as butter with more functionality than ever before
>endless options
>complete control over what you want to do
>captures what makes the series so memorable

>inb4 BUT TERRIBLE METAL GEAR

Fuck off.

>Great over the top MGS like villain
>Plenty of great and funny lines
>Plenty of technology to be found
>Crazy happenings
>MGS style cutscenes
>Good twist

MGS2 will forever be my favorite but I am not about to act like V wasn't good. Only people too caught up in their nostalgia hated on it because it wasn't just like the others. But who cares, already got the scores it deserved..
>>
>>380575890
Such as?
>>
>>380576348
Oops wrong link, here's a playlist of things you could do.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSKlVTXYh6F_fmq0u9UmN2XTnfdfcHKJF
>>
File: nuclear.jpg (72KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear.jpg
72KB, 1000x563px
>>380576757
>tfw can't watch videos right now
>>
>>380572301
I thought they were fairly enjoyable if played sparsely to fill out the main story, but I quickly noticed a repeating pattern that I hate in games but didn't want it to ruin this for me, I always stayed in the map way longer than necessary & hoofed it on foot or hitched rides around from op-op, I never played the same type of side op twice in a row & never more than 3-4 at a time.
>>
>>380576805
Will watch as soon as I get home
>>
I unironically agree. The game was some of the most fun i've ever had, and the gameplay was amazing, while the story was good.
This is especially true, since the development and the conflict between Kojipro and Konami was a hellhole. Remember all the shit that happened, the conditions these people had to work with. The development of MGSV was comparable to that of Mass Effect Andromeda, and look at the pure difference of quality between these games. I'm honestly surprised the game was as good as it was.
>>
>>380564990
>you can't flip over while prone
Can so.
>>
>>380570368
ok, who is this?
>>
Gameplay was good, story left much to be desired.

Also the base building shit with different ranking soldiers to upgrade your facilities was fucking garbage. That almost ruined the game for me.
>>
File: kokoro unhappy stare.jpg (249KB, 788x950px) Image search: [Google]
kokoro unhappy stare.jpg
249KB, 788x950px
>everyone still acts like you are big boss if you deploy as a regular DD soldier
>special soldier skills barely add anything since Snake can have them all at once, just slightly less powerful
>base management has no depth to it
>getting more FOBs requires you to buy coins with real money or spend literally years playing the game every day in hopes that you get 15 coins as daily rewards over and over again
>maxing out later FOBs requires absurd numbers of resources
>no reason to ever use anything other than max security settings
>no reason to not have snipers on every platform since they have the best vision and range
>can barely do anything do make your FOBs security unique from others
>just being able to place 3 cameras wherever you want is locked behind an absurdly high resources/level requirement
>even S-rank guards are blind as shit unless it's snipers during an alert phase

This really annoys me. There could have been so much more to it. Just let me completely design my own bases. Would have added much more fun to infiltrating stuff.
>>
File: trying to trick me again.png (76KB, 308x300px) Image search: [Google]
trying to trick me again.png
76KB, 308x300px
>SIDE OP: EXTRACT THE HIGHLY SKILLED SOLDIER
>it's just some guy who only has one A-rank skill
>>
>>380581149
>everyone still acts like you are big boss if you deploy as a regular DD soldier
Because it's canon.
>die in a game
>NPCs don't hold a funeral and big bad doesn't win
Oh right because the MC dying isn't canon

>special soldier skills barely add anything since Snake can have them all at once, just slightly less powerful
>There's no point in any aspect of the game if I can just ignore it

>getting more FOBs requires you to buy coins with real money or spend literally years playing the game every day in hopes that you get 15 coins as daily rewards over and over again
>This completely optional thing that isn'r required at all to beat the game is bad because I say so

>maxing out later FOBs requires absurd numbers of resources
>This completely optional content takes too long to complete even there there's functionally no point in doing that if I'm this disinterested

>no reason to not have snipers on every platform since they have the best vision and range
>There's no point in player options because this thing I'm bad at seems like it's the best option

>just being able to place 3 cameras wherever you want is locked behind an absurdly high resources/level requirement
Being able to do this optional thing on these optional things is too resource-intensive; I want the advantage without doing the work

>even S-rank guards are blind as shit unless it's snipers during an alert phase
>I didn't realize an hour into gameplay that guards have fixed vision ranges irrespective of their combat rank

I mean I knew by the anime picture that your post was going to be retarded but come the fuck on.
>>
>>380563524
MGSV sucks
>>380563759
>considering MGR canon
>even considering MGR a part of the Metal Gear series
Not that it isn't a fun game, but it's really not Metal Gear. And it's quite literally not MGS. There's no Solid in the title.
>>
>>380581832
And half the time he's actually got LOWER ranks than the guards around him. I think their ranks are calculated differently than standard soldier ranks. Those are definitely the most poorly-implemented SideOps.
>>
File: 1496183509515.jpg (254KB, 1014x505px) Image search: [Google]
1496183509515.jpg
254KB, 1014x505px
>>380563524
I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to marry metal gear with monster hunter in peace walker
and I understand why they took that butchered non-metal gear game design and made it open world for V even less.
>>
>Gameplay was good

Why do people keep saying this when its manifestly untrue?
>>
File: water pistol.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
water pistol.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>380582879
Prove the gameplay isn't good, faggot. You can't.
>>
>>380583034

>no difficulty levels
>no bossfights that are actually a gameplay based challenge
>wallhacking companions
>most sideops are tiny 3 people outposts
>main missions are alaways outdoors run to mission marker
>game is played by abusing the "soldier sort of sees me, but not really" indicator mechanic

wow you made a webm with le water pistol haha ebin my friend i guess it comepletely negates how the game is an unfinished boring grindfest
>>
>>380567130
What did it try to do?
>>
>>380563524
You now realise that the entire vocal chord parasite plot was lifted from Pontypool (2008).
>>
>>380575582
Your complaint about the game is that you can't play as a female. Fucking waifufags.
>>
>>380583892

A truly patrician zombie movie
>>
>>380563759
>>380582278
>MGRR bad

MGRR is fantastic and is a solid Metal Gear title. It's even more Metal Gear Solid then MGSV.

Also don't be a fucking retard play the games in release order. The only actual bad Metal Gear game is portable ops and you can skip it since MGS4 covers everything in it in 2 sentences
>>
>>380566239
>>380566239
Episode 52 is canon you dumbass it's where Venom snake stops Eli
>>
>>380583692
>game is played by abusing the "soldier sort of sees me, but not really" indicator mechanic

Literally every FOB infiltration in a nutshell.
>>
File: Based D-Dog.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Based D-Dog.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>380583692
>no difficulty levels
Thank FUCK. The entire game is an organic difficulty select and that's the only way it should be.
>no bossfights that are actually a gameplay based challenge
Bosses are an antiquated game ...I can't think of a good word. Trope? They're not mandatory for a good game.

>most sideops are tiny 3 people outposts
This is both factually inaccurate and a subjective complaint.

>main missions are alaways outdoors run to mission marker
The game takes place outside, anon

You can (and should) turn that off.
>>
>>380566496
On release it actually costed a lot of GMP to fulton everything
>>
>>380583692
You're mostly talking about level design, not gameplay though. The gameplay in V is by far the best in the series.
>>
>>380584172

>The entire game is an organic difficulty select and that's the only way it should be.

>post webm with a wallhacking companion playing the game for you

haha ok fanboy
>>
>>380563524
No it still sucks
>>
>>380584172
Not him but you can't turn bad AI off. Even an S++ super elite soldier will not really see you if you are on the ground, even if you are only 20 meters away from him. He will only grow suspiscious and slowly move forward to investigate. You can even roll further away from him and potentially lure him across the entire world.
>>
>>380563524
>emergent gameplay

wat
>>
>>380563524
i know you legit like this game and i do too, but don't start a thread with shit like this friend
>>
>>380584304
>how can difficulty select be real if people don't always select the hardest possible difficulty
Wow, truly a transcendent post.

>>380584331
>Even an S++ super elite soldier will not really see you if you are on the ground, even if you are only 20 meters away from him
Once again, guard sight is NOT linked to their Combat Rank.

If you want to complain guards are too near-sighted, fine. There is a difficulty select for that, though.
>>
>>380564806
>some of the characters don't speak at all

(YOU) ALMOST GOT ME THERE[!]
>>
>>380584490
You can infiltrate the highest ranked FOBs in the game by just rolling on the floor the entire time and the only threat to you is the 10 minute time limit because no one will ever spot you if you don't get up. No magical option can suddenly make this better.
>>
File: High-level FOB strats.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
High-level FOB strats.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>380584851
Because of stairs, mines, and the door jam on some FOBs' doors, this is literally untrue, but I get your point.

IMO, crawling was done badly. Not because enemies can't see you from 19 meters (enemy sight has always been extremely nearsighted) but because crawling is, IRL and audibly in the game, louder than walking and is general actually loud as fuck. It would have been a better implementation if crawling had been great for breaking lone of sight and moving behind piping and whatnot, but was too loud to do silly stuff like crawl/roll right up behind/past guards.
>>
>>380563759
This is not fucking star wars, play in release order
MGS->MGS2->MGS3
MGS4 is at your discretion
MGS5 can be skipped altogether, Gameplay is a mixed bag and story is a trainwreck
MGR is irrelevant to MGS, play it whenever you want, it's cuhrazeee guilty fun
>>
what a big shitpost
>>
>>380565691
>food analogy
Not just any food analogy

Kazuhira "All the nigs in the brig" Miller's burger tape #27
>>
>>380563524
Metal Gear Solid V is the single worst game ever made.
>>
>>380575002
Meh, it's allright

Reconsider your music tastes tho
>>
>>380586123
Not enough Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West and The Weeknd, amirite pham? :^)
>>
>>380575002

This is a troll image, right? You just cropped out the reaction picture with the fedora and katana?
>>
>>380586489
N-no :(
>>
level editor mod when? or is there one out already?
>>
>>380586063

reasonable
>>
>>380563524
bland bare open world and neutered stealth
is this a moba advert?
because it bent over for open world to fuck it in the ass
4 is much better and deeper
>a car replacement to travel the bland open world and a wall hack drone
>fultoning everything
just like in peacewalker
>soldier and base management
just like in peacewalker, and you can visit a bland bare base
Stealth? Not by a long shot.

new thread
>>
>>380585164
Random trivia but you can actually infriltrate the Base Dev Platforms without ever getting up since you are not required to use any stairs besides the ones you always have to go up near your spawn. You can roll all the way from Platform 4 to the core since the final platform has ramps for you to roll up.
>>
>>380586352
That's actually worse

Why do when people hate metal they're automatically shitty /mu/drone hipsters
>>
>>380563524
I like the game but what happened to the Lean function. Every worthwhile mgs had it until 5
>>
>>380566239
Mantis isn't even in V. The boy is not Mantis.
>>
>>380563524
It sucks. I wanted Peace Walker 2 and instead I got a game that is literally worse than Peace Walker in every way.
>>
>>380584150
>Episode 52 is canon

its not. eli is supposed to escape with Saha.
>>
Even Farcry is a better MGSV than MGSV.
>>
>>380588321
I hope you don't mean Far Cry 1

Going stealth in this game is as random as it gets, even if the silenced MP5 is one of the best early weapons in the game.
>>
>Game released in 2004
>Put enemy up against wall
>Knees bend

>Game released in 2015
>Put enemy up against wall
>Legs clip through wall
>>
300+ hours in game
still milking it for FOB shenanigans, and cheivos
almost 100% it but don't want to for fear of not having motivation to play it again

It is was and will be a fucking sick game. people just wanted more mgs movie content with gameplay spattered between when this game balanced gameplay and story by having the audio logs give the narratives as you shoot and sneak and such.

If you haven't played it buy it when it's on sale and enjoy. the dust will never settle and it is undeniably a great game with tons of little mechanics and tomfoolery to be had.
>>
>>380588661
>Game released in 2004
>interrogate soldier
>he actually talks

>Game released in 2015
>interrogate soldier
>he just grunts and subtitles appear
>>
>>380588693
MGSV is good if you're a child who enjoys stuff like the Transformers movies. If you can be appeased by le random explosions while going into copypasted boring outposts, be my guest. It must be great having such a low bar that you're basically a baby entertained by someone jingling keys in front of their face. Truly I'm jealous.
>>
>>380588693

>this game balanced gameplay and story by having the audio logs

This game didn't balance shit because it was unfinished.
>>
>Completed all Side-Ops
>~zero~ special reward for doing it

fuck everything
>>
>>380575674
EZ mode and fanservice of the worst kind rolled into one. Still don't know how people enjoyed her, other than in one-handed mode at your desk.
>>
>>380569695
Yup. Hurt states that there's no way Sahelanthropus should have been ready. Only when Skullface acquired control over Mantis did he realise he could bring his plans forward/make Sally operational. It ended up being a giant, psychic controlled puppet that was useless without Mantis and far too advanced for its time. TX-55 likely developed from the Walker Gears and Battle Gear.
>>
>>380589813
*Huey
>>
Can someone suggest fun things to do with Infinite Heaven?
>>
File: 20170608174046_1.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170608174046_1.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
>>380587491
Yeah try doing that on a lvl 40+ FOB especially mine that has four mines each platform.
>>
>>380567825
>tapes
>usually just Ocelot, Miller or Sleep Talker chatting away with no interaction at all from Snake
inb4 LE BECAUSE HE'S NOT SNAKE
Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>380590067
>only lvl 40+

toppest of lels
>>
>>380563524

MGSV fucking sucks.
>>
>>380575659
Huey fixed it in secret dumbass. Go back and pay attention
>>
>>380590314
epic post from a souls baby.
>>
>>380563524
Yep
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (66KB, 675x257px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
66KB, 675x257px
>>380581832
I am honestly astounded they didn't make the Highly Skilled Soldiers the bosses from MG1 that the game retconned into having served under Venom rather than Naked Snake. Most of them look like generic soldiers anyway, just give them a unique skill for if you deploy as them on a mission or invasion
>Shotmaker: bonus damage, range and reload time for shot guns
>Machinegun Kid: bonus ROF and Reflex duration with Machineguns
>Twin Shot: bonuses to mounted weapons and D.Walker weapons
>Fire Trooper: comes with a unique flamethrower weapon and gets bonuses to it as well as being immune to fire damage
>Dirty Duck: bonus to throws weapons and comes with a unique boomerang thrown weapon

Bloody Brads obviously get left out because they were explicitly built by Dr Madnar who was only kidnapped recently in MG1
>>
Yes.

Now that Caramel has killed herself, I think we can start moving past all of this nonsense. I've always thought the game was excellent.
>>
>>380590937
It's never too late to make a mod
>>
>>380590937
Hold up
Dr Madnar died in MGSV
>>
>>380575659
he also ran away with Mantis, who could make the thing work
>>
>>380563524

>open world was a mistake
>90% of your missions are "we have intel that this prisoner x has intel, rescue him so that we can get intel on prisoner y that also has intel"
>most missions never feel like i'm doing a big part in the way of the story or the universe
>the time it takes to travel anywhere
>opening credits are spoilers
>bosses are a step up from PW, a step down from every other game, and theres like 3
>side ops
>the sheer number of times you infiltrate the exact same bases in the same fucking desert is unreal
>the gameplay mechanics are good, the gameplay, as described above, is shocking
>"its so fun though!"

i guess we want different experiences, i dont want mgs purely for goofing around for an entire game. I like the goofing around, I also like the well thought out and well designed interior sneaking sections, the unique bosses, ways to defeat them and their personalities - paired with a story and missions that make you feel like you're doing this big black ops mission as a legendary hero, having to use your head to dispose of things like bodies rather than just holding a single button to make them disappear.

was there anything like taking a live guard hostage to use his eyes for a retinal scanner?

what about disguising as the enemy in the most secure facility in the area?

escaping prison using a codec frequency from the ghost of your enemy's dead husband?

throwing down live animals to scare an enemy boss?

there was shit missing from this game.
>>
>>380563524
>Can we finally all admit to ourselves that MGS V is fucking unfinished?
Yes yes we can
>>
>>380591172
No he didn't?
He's not in the game at all
>>
>>380565445
more like that never happens because no one plays
>>
>>380591562
Wasn't he the doc in the intro? Accent seems right and he looks like him.
>>
>>380591294
You can drop supply boxes on Quiet's head. It's something I guess
>>
>>380591878
nah. just a generic doctor.
>>
>>380584172

>They're not mandatory for a good game.

They're mandatory for a good Metal Gear ga,e, which is an anime pastiche of a G.I Joe-like universe, where soldiers are superheroes.

Every argument you make for MGSV is stretched as fuck and just screams underage.
>>
>>380592057
Well damn.
>>
Is it possible to nab a soldier who has S++ in every stat category through point exchange?
>>
>>380582191
Having Snipers on every platform is seriously the best option. There is a reason why everyone is doing it.
>>
This game has the single worst opening mission of any game I've ever played. Crawling around on the floor for fucking ages wtf
>>
>>380591997
you can slap cut-outs from local recruitment posters or pin-ups to fool soldiers looking for you
you can use inflatable dummies to flank soldiers or lure them into a trap
you can use horse shit to make a vehicle skid to a stop
you can destroy enemy com transmitters so they can't call for back-up
you can use your weather control device to trigger a sandstorm to reduce enemy visibility
you can sneak past controls by clinging to the other side of your horse
you can scare enemies away by hiding behind a rock and blasting recordings of angry animals over your speaker
>>
>>380591621
There's at least 3.5K people playing on PS4.
>>
>>380563524
No shit walker clone could be good
>>
>>380593092

Most of this is completely useless and never actually needed during the game.
>>
>>380565610

Yes it is because it renders your interactions with BB in MG2 referencing MG1 as complete bullshit and impossible.
>>
>>380565994

Yeah god forbid MGS be a stealth game or something, need to get out there so I can patrol the 32 square miles of empty Savannah!
>>
>Snakes Revenge
>>
>>380594289
>is not canon
>>
>>380564245

>You're forced to replay missions you already completed if you want to finish the game.

Nope.

>Quiet is forced to leave if you want to finish the game.

Aaaannd nope.
>>
>>380564245
It really was worse than PW, a fucking spinoff tier PSP game, of all things. MGSV could have just been a better PW. It controls better and looks better but that's really it.
>>
>>380589614
>Being this gay
We get it, you hate women even when they aren't real
>>
So what did Kojima show yesterday?
>>
>>380594754
He said he likes movies.
Betray your audience.
>>
>>380563524

Pros:

>gameplay was good
>I liked multiplayer
>some missions were good
>can play without all the bullshit or else you're to OP

Cons:

>missions/bases get repetitive
>no real point to the open world because it's just a fuckin lifeless corridor desert
>boss fights are dumb
>didn't give a shit about the story/ most of the characters
>>
File: casul.jpg (100KB, 350x310px) Image search: [Google]
casul.jpg
100KB, 350x310px
Did anyone actually develop everything without cheating? I feel like the game is designed to make it as tedious as possible.

>takes 10 real days to develop something
>can only develop 3 online items at the same time
>>
>>380563524
yes it's the only game I still play these days besides FFXIV

MGS2>MGS3>MGSV>MGS4>1>PW
>>
>>380563759
Yeah I'm playing it that way. Hi, me again.
>>
>>380563524
You can play as Solid in MGSV?
>>
Not gunna read the thread just here to shitpost my opinion

2>1>3>4>5

MGO2>MGO1>MGO3
>>
>>380598263
OBJECTIVELY the correct opinion.
>>
>>380563524
it was alright, but i'll never replay it.

but i still play through mgs3 every other year.
>>
>>380563524
I had so much fun with that game, it is very high on my top 10 but unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to finish it since the missions on the part 2 of the story (or is it part 3) are all copy pastas from earlier missions... so sad that it was an unfinished game.
>>
>>380598263
Shit opinion
>>
The game would have been 10/10 if it had been finished.

Ended up as a 6/10.
>>
I played MGS, MGS2 and MGS3 (my favorite one). Where should I start if I want to get back into this series? 4?
>>
>>380600496
You played the only ones worth playing. Find another franchise.
>>
>>380600496
Just don't bother lad, it's all downhill after 3. Peacewalker was aight but it's still a handheld game.
>>
>>380563524
agree it;s fun but there is the real time wait you have to go through to unlock shit which is tideus the time doesn't even go forward when the game is off

Also you can't really have fun in the game everything costs

I think some one wanted to impliment micro transaction in the game which kojima refused so he got fired
>>
>>380563524
I was disappointed how GTAV is so stale and empty in comparison to the fuck-around fest that is MGSV.
>>
File: spurdo_face.jpg (28KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo_face.jpg
28KB, 600x459px
Hello has the "Skyrim sucks" meme ended?
>>
>>380601890
That thing has been in my backlog for years just like New Vegas. Wish I could refund those shitty fucking games.
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.