[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of this class? They don't do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Sage.png (4KB, 118x111px) Image search: [Google]
Sage.png
4KB, 118x111px
What's the point of this class? They don't do anything useful.
>>
>>380556072
that aoe nullifier spell they have
>>
>>380556072

PVP class. Provide an absolute shit load of utility.

Can strip buffs.
Can change party members attack element allowing them to bypass annoying elemental resistances.
Can fuck up spellcasters by interrupting casting even through Phen cards.
Can negate ground targeted AOE effects.
Additionally they provide buffs to elemental damage and other small buffs like bonus attack, evasion and max Hp.
>>
>>380556697
this

use them for WoE
>>
>>380556072
>Its a sagefag ruins my pvp experience episode
Literally anti-fun: the job
>>
>>380556072

They are a good old fashioned support class that can also damage. No one in RO can control a battle field like they can.
>>
wizards aren't allowed to have fun
>>
It's fun to use hocus pocus on low level maps
>>
Dispell !!
Stone Curse !!
Dispell !!
Magnetic Earth !!
>>
The real question is, what is the point of Soul Linkers? I haven't played in 10 years, maybe they found some kind of role in that time.
>>
>>380558724
Don't they have a stupid high damage skill? It shoots out waves of energy if I remember correctly
>>
>>380556072
You forgot to post the Alchemist you're talking about OP.
>>
>>380559057
you can use that skill against players, only monsters
>>
>>380559413
Oh right, it only hurt monsters. I still had a blast playing the class though, I never got high enough to do PvP.
>>
>>380559057
Esma, yeah, but it could only be used on monsters.
>>
>>380556072
these guys fucking annoys you on WoE
the fuck u talking about?
>>
>>380558724

Gimmick builds.
>>
>>380556072
hocus pocus
>>
Do people still play this game? Haven't really played since release.
>>
>>380559575
>Sage is a stupid meme job except in PvP
>Its upgraded class is a fucking unlimited SP generator which is basically like a source of unlimited cocaine

Why didnt they just make the base job better
>>
>>380558724
Their role is a hotfix class without actually providing the fixes to the classes that should have got them in the first place unless you've got one of these fucks around.

I mean really, did they really need to make a whole other class to make the priests crappy holy attack do four times the damage and not be useless?
Did they really need to make this class so that monks could actually use their combo skills that cost entirely too much sp so they don't have to chug blue pots like an alcoholic? And even then a combo monk was considered a gimmick build when you could just occult impact shit for way more damage and less sp.

Pretty much every soul link ability should have just been a change to the classes themselves.
>>
>>380556072
t. HW who got Land Protect'd and couldn't spam SG
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.