[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Capcom:We have nothing to announce about MH XX >Gamespot:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 18

File: MHXX.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
MHXX.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>Capcom:We have nothing to announce about MH XX
>Gamespot: CAPCOM IS NOT LOCALIZING MHXX!!!!

this should get press passes banned or some shit
>>
I really hope they localize XX, I haven't played in moonrunes since 4
>>
Why would they localize it when World is meant for the western market.
>>
>>380551370
Crapcom in damage control
>>
>>380551370
>Going to gamespot
First mistake, last game took like 1 year to be localized, if you're not playing it already they you really don't care about the game.
>>380552363
World is pc/xbox/ps4, xx is 3ds and switch, you can get more sales when you sell products in all markets.
>>
>>380552363
This, who gives a shit about XX when we're finally getting a console monhun. XX and Gen are shitty anyway.
>>
>>380552901
>This, who gives a shit about XX when we're finally getting a console monhu
a casualized Mon Hun that is likely gonna flop cause Capcom out of its infinite wisdome decided to shaft out Japanese market which are the one that kept the franchise alive for 10+ years I cant wait for the damage control
>>
>>380553096
>shaft the japs

?
>>
>>380552901
People who have a switch and are looking to play theirs handheld
>>
>>380553414
>Japan dont care for consoles
>Mon Hun is now on Consoles
>No handheld port for reason
yeah, Frontiers sold sooo well in Japan
>>
>>380553096
ofc the japs kept the franchise alive when it's only available in moonrunes
>>
>>380551370
Saying "we have nothing to announce" is even worse, just come out and say "No."
>>
the first cross game came out in november in japan, july in america. it's not at all unusual that they wouldn't be talking about localization before the japanese version is even out. it could flop and not be worth bringing over, the mood of the company could change, monster hunter world could change things in unforeseen ways in the near future, etc.

this isn't great, but it isn't a disaster for monhun fans. i'd love to see xx translated for switch AND world for ps4/pc. and that could still happen
>>
>>380553096
>shaft out Japanese market

>Can get MHW
>Can get XX
>Feedback is overwhelmingly positive

I dont know what is more satisfying. The fact that MH is finally free or the endless shitposting spree we will have when MHW blows the shit out of all previous MH sales.
>>
>>380551370
When was the last time someone said "We have no plans to blank" Ever eventually get a port or translation?
>>
>>380555206
They said it for Gyakuten Kenji 2 and we don't have it. They said the same for Dai Gyakuten Saiban and we don't have those. "No plans right now" is Capcom's PR polite way of saying NO
>>
Proper monhun thread when?
>>
>>380554559
>b-but they aren't shafting anybody
Damage control begins.
>>
>>380553579
Well enough to up and active since gen 2.
>>
>>380554559
Source?
>>
>>380555947
When the crybabies get tired of shit posting.
>>
>>380551370
Anon, the Switch is region free, so you will be fine.
>>
>>380555985
Epic argument XD
BTFO!!!
>>
>>380554559
>MHW blows the shit out of all previous MH sales.
HA HA HAH HA HAH yeah, look how well the pre-orders are going in Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop
>>
>>380551370
>>>380551370
>Anon, the Switch is region free, so you will be fine.
Because everyone reads moon, right?
>>
>>380556210
Look Anywhere but /v/ basically.
>>
>>380556458
>autists aren't pre ordering a game immediately after 2 minutes of footage were shown with about 20 seconds of actual gameplay.
>no sources
Good one anon. You sure showed us, only real gamers pre order as soon as a game is announced, even when the pre order for the most anticipated platform isn't even available yet.
>>
>>380556458
>pre ordering a game after watching 60 seconds of footage
Yeah, nah
>>
>>380551370
>we have no plans to localize it at this time
>>
>>380553579
But the port is coming out in Japan, how is this "shafting the japs" again? They get both. Also handheld sales are rapidly declining in japan, phone games are the big mobile craze now.
>>
>>380556583
Oh, its fucking nothing then
>>
>>380556395
i dont think he'll be able to save transfer his gen 3ds save to XX switch though like the japs can with X
>>
>>380557039
Console sales have declined even faster, the PS4 still hasn't outsold the fucking Vita over there
>>
>>380556860
You just aren't a true MH fan, your opinion is invalid casual shit :^)
>>
>>380556860
>>380556771
so you admit the game could not generate enough hype
>>
>>380555481
Exactly.
>>380551370
Face it nigga. It ain't coming westwards in any other way other than untranslated import.
>>
>>380557154
I'm not sure on the specifics but I think it has over 4 mil install base in Japan, more then the enough to at least let people try it. Besides world was made for western audiences, the west hasn't seen a good console MH since the original. I'm still skeptical because we haven't seen much, but I'm optimistic so far.

You still never answered my question, nips still get XX on the switch, how are they being "shafted"?
>>
File: 1487899273521.gif (833KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487899273521.gif
833KB, 700x600px
>>380557059
>he takes /v/ opinions seriously
>>
>>380551370

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a localization later but say it will be released multiplat with Switch, PS4, Vita, Xbone.
>>
Can we all just agree that Capcom hates money, hates the West and does everything wrong at every turn?

Seriously, why does one of the biggest and greatest games developers of our time constantly try to ruin its reputation and alienate consumers?
>>
>>380557236
Oh totally, we haven't seen enough to know how good or bad it is, in the west MH is still seen as a really obscure or completely unknown title to most, anything is possible retard, but it could also way surpass the needed hype and sell like crazy, they need to show more actual gameplay of hunts and shit.
>>
>>380553579
Frontier was on 360
Who the care gave a shit about 360 in Japan?
>>
>>380557528
Not the same guy, I know the Switch guys aren't getting shafted, fucking hell they've got a bundle over there
>>
>>380553579
Japan very much cares about PS4 though
Frontier sold like ass because for some reason it was on 360 and Japan doesn't fucking care about Xbox
>>
>>380557831
You realize MHGen flopped on the west, dont you?

MHWorld will at least triple the sales of MHGen in the west.
>>
>>380557961
Frontier was on basically everything though. It was pretty damn popular in Japan as well, and still is far as I'm aware.
>>
>>380558061
Exactly, and anyone in the west who REALLY wants to play it will be able to eventually, SOMEONE will make an English patch, just a matter of time, they always do.
>>
>>380552363
Because World could be anywhere from 7 months to a year and a half out from now.
>>
>>380557236
With MH fans? Yeah maximum hype. With normies, dudebros, weaboos? Definetely not enough hype as they have to choose from a vast pool (AssCreed, Goy of War, Fifa 18, BG&E2, etc) It will require Capcom shoving it up their media outlets
>>
>>380557889
Na it's fucked dude. It's never going to get more hype than a sudden reveal at E3. Westerners don't buy MH. The most it's ever sold in the west is 1.2 mil. I doubt this will even get that since it's not a numbered game. This is gonna be an unbelievable disaster.
>>
they literally say this with every monster hunter released on 3ds. "no plans" turns into "coming soon" a few months after
>>
>>380558260
It's slated for early 2018, I would say PC could be as far as a year away though.
>>
>>380558097
They're going to have a hard time considering Tri couldn't sell as much as Gen with a larger user base, a huge marketing campaign, and even bundling it with a classic controller without raising the price.
>>
>>380552901
>HOW COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY WANT THIS? I DON'T WANT IT, SO NO ONE ELSE OBVIOUSLY DOES
This entire debacle could have been avoided if Nintendo pushed Capcom to localize XX for the west, but now Switch owners are getting left out because of Capcom's shitty strategy to market towards the west. I guarantee this shit wouldn't have blown up as much as it did if both sides were getting something. People are rightly justified for being upset.
>>
>>380558262
>AssCreed, Goy of War, Fifa 18, BG&E2, etc
non of those saw a big move in numbers either anon
>>
>>380558459
>They're going to have a hard time considering Tri couldn't sell as much as Gen with a larger user base.
Why lie?

Tri (Wii):
NA: 650k
EU: 400k

Gen (3DS):
NA: 320k
EU: 260k
>>
>>380558563
it means it dilutes the possibilities of them picking it from the shelf/digital as they have a big(gger) following than MH
>>
>>380558267
That's your opinion. It's sold poorly here in the past because it's been stuck on handhelds and shit hardware, the west hasn't gotten a good console MH since the first. This new one looks like a whole new deal visually, and mechanically it looks like they stepped it up a lot as well, now it's just a matter of seeing that they left the original formula in tact enough that old players will still enjoy it. Only time will tell.
>>
>>380553096
>casualized MonHun

When will this meme end?
>>
>>380558921
When the salt dies down, it's still a fresh wound right now.
>>
>>380556458
I didnt even know you COULD preorder

Thanks anon, going to do that now
>>
>>380558780
so you are saying people would rather play other games than Mon Hun??
>>
>>380558781
Then why isn't that reflecting in youtube views or preorder numbers?
>>
>>380559241
>youtube views or preorder numbers
How fucking dumb are you to pretend like trailers numbers mean absolutely fucking anything

The Sims is the most successful series of all fucking time and its games barely break a million views.
>>
>>380558921
When we get a gameplay trailer that isn't "Run away from monsters, stealth around monsters, glowy waypoint markers, etc. "
>>
>>380559241
Plenty of people have watched the trailer, or saw the reveal live. And plenty of people also don't run out and preorder the day a game is announced, especially since the PC version isn't up for pre order yet, which is where most people plan on playing it. I haven't pre ordered, because I'm not an autist but I'm getting it for sure. Weak argument.
>>
>>380559375
The sims 4 trailer received 9.4 million views.
>>
>>380559564
Thats the fucking gameplay trailer you dumb fucking shit. That wasnt the announcement trailer.

God fucking damn you are thicker than a brick
>>
>>380559564
>ACTUALLY trying to argue views correlate to sales
10/10 bait im mad by how stupid you are
>>
>>380558740
Yet Gen still sold as well as 4U
>>
>>380559754
They correlate absolutely.
>>
>>380559130
Ask an average western gamer about those franchises and 9 out of 10 will tell you they know them or have bought them. Now try to do the same asking about Monster Hunter, you will be lucky if 2/10 or 3/10 at least have heard/read about them. It will require an enourmous amount of marketing and shilling to get these 10 million sales dreams from this board. Which is why the Monster Hunter movie was greenlit
>>
>>380559768
Proof
>>
>>380559768
In the west? Hell no, Gen sold half the ammount 4U did.
In Japan? Yes, X and 4U are close in sales.

XX flopped in Japan though.
>>
>>380559883
>I said so, so it does.
Good one anon
>>
>>380559421
There are people who were shown the live demo saying it's as standard MH as it gets with some new features added, like always. Even on this board there are threads about it. Are you telling me they're lying or are you just ignoring what they say, because you don't like the idea of a modern MH being on other platforms?
>>
>>380559923
so you are telling me that instead of having almost a monopoly on a console now Mon Hun have to battle other games for the limited spam attention of Gamer in the West??

BRAVO CAPCOM
>>
>>380560007
Probably because people were waiting for the Switch version of XX
>>
Here's what's actually going to happen in regards to the JP market.

Sony will announce a PSP3/Vita successor this TGS. World will naturally be on it thus giving the Nips their portability.
>>
>>380556458
Let me see pre order numbers from the last 4 MHs
>>
>>380560201
LOL, no, XX Switch preorders are tanking hard.
It flopped because people didnt like X.
>>
>>380560304
I can't say you are for sure wrong, but I Highly doubt that, it would be way way out of left field for them to do that, there's just no logical reasoning behind it.
>>
>>380560329
I concur, X was pretty poor.
>>
>>380560057
Literally anyone can pretend to have seen the demo, there's plenty of examples of people lying for attention. I'm considering it casualised cinematic trash until they prove it otherwise with actual gameplay.
>>
>>380560057
>There are people who were shown the live demo saying it's as standard MH as it gets with some new features added, like always

Explain the GSword swig on mount
Explain the automatic mount
Explain the machinegun LBG
Explain the upward bounce on the aerial attack

These "People" are more than likely PR managers or people who have literally never played MH before. The reason for the aggressive fan response against this, mr. Shill, is because we've played the game aggressively enough to the point where the only thing that has obviously been changed are primary gameplay features, and the ONLY primary gameplay features we've seen have been different. Capcom saying "It's untouched" is probably about the same as them saying LP3, RE5, or DmC are untouched.
>>
>>380556181
It really isn't Go look at Capcom's site where they list their highest selling games, and you'll see that of their ten best selling Monster Hunter games, 9 of them are portable and the other 1 is Tri on the Wii, which is way down the list even then.
>>
>>380560325
This, I can't remember the last game I preordered, let alone monster Hunter game I pre ordered. Anon just thinks everyone is a turbo sperg like him.
>>
>>380560108
That's the idea, hope you enjoy your tie-in DLCs from the movie: Protagonist's skin and Pepsidrome quest, only $4.99
>>
>>380560709
>and the ONLY primary gameplay features we've seen have been different.
This. A thousand times this. The only issue most of us have is that every single actual MH combat element we've seen is different, and they keep insisting it is exactly the same, when it clearly isn't.
>>
>>380560720
Except they would have sales for frontier since the game came out when? 2004? And was getting DLC as recently as last year?
>>
File: LOL.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>380560653
http://gematsu.com/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-14-weapon-types-felyne-palicoes-details

>The hunting action that is the core gameplay of the Monster Hunter series is no different in Monster Hunter: World.
>>
File: MHW Stealth.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MHW Stealth.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>380560916
>>
>>380560896
See>>380560916
>>
>>380560709
>Explain the GSword swig on mount
You can mount and move around on monsters. Mount attacks aren't restricted to sword stabs anymore.

>Explain the automatic mount
Trailer had segmented gameplay clips. Mount was probably built up to that point

>Explain the machinegun LBG
It's a special type of ammo that let's you move while shooting. Not all types are like this

>Explain the upward bounce on the aerial attack
Don't know what this means.

Now stop freaking out.
>>
>>380561087
>Two similar attacks
>Four changed attacks
You're not instilling much faith in me here.
>>
>>380560916
>Not showing Charge when it's one of the best thing about GS
Fucking hell Capcom get your shit together, hope the next trailer will have some cool hunt scene
>>
>>380561025
It's funny because stealth used to play a slightly bigger part in the original monster Hunter, seems like a cool idea to revive it in a more fleshed put form for the new one.
>>
>>380561175
What attacks have changed?
>>
>>380561168
>You can mount and move around on monsters. Mount attacks aren't restricted to sword stabs anymore.
So they have changed mounting.
>Trailer had segmented gameplay clips. Mount was probably built up to that point
So they changed mounting, again.
>It's a special type of ammo that let's you move while shooting. Not all types are like this
So they changed LBG functionality
>Don't know what this means.
If you paid attention to the trailer, the dropping attack features an upwards bounce when unsheathing the GS, which didn't exist in 4th gen or X/XX.

>Now stop freaking out
I will when you instill me actual faith that the gameplay is "Unchanged", PR Rep. Because as I've stated before, all of these things are changed.
>>
>>380560916
All PR garbage, again show me proper gameplay.
>>
>>380561356
See >>380560709
>>
>>380561380
That's a pretty stupid argument. Of course things change between generations. You are arguing semantics.
>>
>>380561175
>2 similar attacks
>similar
You mean 2 of the exact same actions that have always been in the greatest arsenal
>literally no other attacks for GS shown.
Jesus Christ go get some juice and calm down.
>>
>>380558267
this game will sell just because it looks like Horizon
>>
>>380552363
Because even if MH5 turns out to be great, people still want MH on the go.
>>
>>380561460
>Gematsu
>PR

???
>>
>>380561510
>Of course things change between generations
>Capcom's PR Jews trying to claim that nothing has been changed
Okay buddy.
>>380561563
Yes, two attacks that are similar in obvious properties to the past.
>Jesus Christ go get some juice and calm down.
We've seen a GSword swing on a monster's head when mounted and a hopping fallig attack. We're currently 50/50 on GSword attacks that have been retained and GSword attacks that have been modified. This is not "The same", these are different, and definitely need to be addressed.
>>
>>380561474
>new mounting option
Problem why?
>we don't know anything about mounting other then they mounted a monster for a presentation video
Literally did the exact same thing with 4s trailer.
>rapid fire has been around for a long time on HBG
now you can do a small backpedal while using it, oh no.
>dunno what they are talking about.

Oh man, sooooo different.
>>
you fags complained about the game being casualized when felyne comrades were introduced
and then you fags complained about it again when the last one came out with the special moves and the mounting mechanics
Now you're complaining about it again based on what you saw in a 2 minute trailer that probably (like all games previewed at E3) will look little like it at release
>>
>>380561824
>We promise the game will be the same, just please be exited for it
Developers have been full of shit since the beginning of gaming. If the gameplay is the same then why haven't they showed any of it? Probably because it's shit.
>>
>>380561921
>Problem why?
A free fucking mount? That's pathetically free. Not to mention it's an obvious change, which is what I've been harping on about this entire time.
>Literally did the exact same thing with 4s trailer.
I will admit that if this is literally just another tech demo trailer, I will change my pace when we see the real game. However, if this isn't, then I will be furious, as will a massive degree of the other fans.
>now you can do a small backpedal while using it, oh no.
That changes quite a lot, and looks very CoD/HZD levels of flash over actual focus in nature, not deliberate like MH
>>
>>380561380
4 literally changed everytging too, abd it was all for the better, we didn't have half the traversal options, or jump attacks or mounting. What is the problem, you sound so salty, you act like change is automatically destroying the game. Bymut whatever kid, keep hating the game for no reason, or to be a contrarian hipster or whatever, other people think it looks cool and plan on enjoying it, you don't have to.
>>
>>380561087
You act like Monster hunter never had stealth.
Probly because you either never actually played a monster hunter or never actually attempted to be the least bit stealthy in any of the games.
They just expanded on the already in place stealth mechanic because you won't be able to cheese monsters with Zoning out to heal or use items anymore. So they gave you the ability to hide so you can fix up your shit.
>>
>>380562187
Because 4 retained the original engine and didn't change anything beyond adding more features and content. This is clearly not the same engine, and there are innumerable reasons to assume that much has been changed.
>you sound so salty
This twitch "U MAD" garbage really needs to stop. You're not going to convince fans to shut up just because there is outcry about a future game that does plenty to show that it isn't similar to past games. We need a genuine gameplay video that has actual combat, not a CGI trailer with a few tidbits that do nothing to show the primary focus on MH.
>you act like change is automatically destroying the game.
>DmC
>LP3
>RE6
You PR shills clearly don't understand that this is literally the case. But it's fine, continue riding this sinking ship until Capcom abandons it.
>>
>>380562081
So what are you saying? They wont show gameplay till they release the game to trick people into buying it?

Or that they are saying that the mechanics didnt change to look like fools when they release gameplay footage?
>>
>>380561889
>a rear up before literally the same drop attack is completely different all the sudden
>adding new options for an existing mechanic is suddenly destroying the fidelity of the game.
Whatever, just keep being angry, don't get it, just stop crying already, this cherry picking out of 20 seconds of gameplay is pathetic. You're getting upset over shit they haven't even shown by pointing out small changes and minor difference in what they did show, you just want to be upset and rage.
>>
>>380562081
It's been a day.
>>
>>380561889
>slightly changed animations "need to be addressed" RIGHT NOW!!!
What a fucking sperg. Go to bed.
>>
>>380561380
Every fucking monster hunter games changes between each new game.
These changes ain't Game shattering. Still basically 95% the exact same game. You are desperately looking for reasons to hate it.
>>
File: 1323831087336.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1323831087336.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>380562512
>MH
>Stealth
Why. There is literally zero benefit to being stealthy.
>First hit does a slight percentage increase in terms of damage, something that is legitimately so piddling it isn't worth the effort of pretending to stealth into monsters
>Hame uses sleep because Stealth is worthless, but a sleeping monster is dramatically superior in terms of increased damage
>Most monsters will see you from 50 feet away as soon as you enter a level
Can you show me a single video of someone actually using Stealth as a method of fighting a monster?
>>
>>380561957
this
people will always find something to complain about with monhun
>>
>>380552363
they already localized X, XX is just more content in X, like half the job is done already, for the effort it requires from that point, it makes no sense for them /not/ to, it almost comes across as purposefully malicious if they don't.
>>
File: 1486092226759.gif (910KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
1486092226759.gif
910KB, 500x254px
>>380562182
>if this is just a tech demo trailer I will change my pace
Then start to slow your roll nigger, this was OBVIOUSLY a tech demonstration, that's why 90% of it was just showing off new shit, hence why we only got 15 seconds of actual combat. Yeah, if they fuck with the original formula too much people will not be happy, but we don't know, your popping veins in your head over shit we know nothing about and that capcom have already said they haven't done, chill the fuck out.
>>
>>380562961
Maybe because X flopped and Switch has less than 10% of the 3DS userbase in the west.

Judging by X sales on 3DS on the west, XX would sell something like 60k-80k units.

Its not even worth bothering.
>>
>>380563053
This game comes out in a few months though
>>
>>380554559

yeah, I'm sure that's why the comments were disabled on the japanese trailer.

all the POSITIVITY
>>
>>380562517
>twitch "u mad" shit is stoopid...IM NOT MAD
>but if you disagree with me you're just a shill
Something about stones and glass houses here kid, go spaz somewhere else.
>>
>>380562182
>A free fucking mount? That's pathetically free.
chances are it ain't gonna knock the fucker to the floor.
Also if you were playing the fucking bug stick in 4 or aerial style in generations than you had free fucking mounts all day every fucking day. quit your bitchin.
>That changes quite a lot
Boo fucking hoo. A new ammo type. How will you ever live with yourself.

Next you are going to tell me Changing your equipment at camps is game breaking and Hiding is a new and foreign concept to the series.

Get fucking over yourself.
>>
>>380563198
>X flopped
>still made XX

or do you mean Generations? or were the sales of the game not enough to compensate the team that translated it?
>>
>>380563221
Comes out early 2018
That's basically a year.
>>
>>380563198
>XX would sell something like 60k-80k units.
>People actually believe this
Even 3U sold more than than on the fucking Wii U. How fucking delusional can you be?
>>
File: 1328590053057.png (24KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1328590053057.png
24KB, 510x546px
>>380563221
>Q1 2018
Holy shit.
>>
>>380563434
Translation is not the only cost when localizing a game.
>>
>>380562512
You replied to the wrong person retard.

>>380562832
In the original game stealth was used to set up traps for monsters like setting poison meat down (since if you just set the meat down in the original the monsters didn't go for it like they do now, you actually had to set the meat up in places they would go to eat), or getting passed a monster for gathering quests that were actually required in the original more then in later games, later games did it sort of but not to the same degree, and it was typically minor in the original as well, but it was more of an option then current titles for certain strategies.
>>
>>380562832
Why. There is literally zero benefit to being stealthy.
Setting traps. getting the drop on a monster before it's roar. Getting that paint/dung ball off before the monsters start running around.
There is applications you just were just never good enough to pull any of them pff because you are a pleb.
>>
>>380563221
>At least 7 months away is now suddenly a few months a way.
Seriously. Go for a walk or something, Jesus.
>>
>>380552363
Japan loves MHW more than MHXX.
>>
File: 1490584799008.gif (3MB, 435x316px) Image search: [Google]
1490584799008.gif
3MB, 435x316px
>monster hunter
>DOUBLE CROSS
>>
>>380563574
production of extra units? shipping? I bought Generations on the Eshop, I can deal with a digital-only release
>>
>>380563705
which one has comments enabled, though?
>>
>>380563786
Neither. They're both disabled.
>>
>>380563710
Nah it's more stuff like translating dialogue to be understood by different cultures and making sure terminology and stuff makes sense, it's stupid because no one actually cares about that with monster hunter, they just wanna know what they are fighting, what loot they got, and what they need to make shit they want.
>>
>>380563672
Hasn't this game been in development for years though? 7 months doesn't seem like a lot of time for something like core gameplay
>>
>>380563705
>Watching a trailer means you love a game
>Comparing a port to a brand new game
>>
>>380563585
>Poisoned meat
You got me there. I will agree that Stealth was needed for that alone.
>getting passed a monster for gathering quests that were actually required in the original more then in later games
No, this is an outright lie. After they put Rajang and Deviljho in games, these assholes were in literally every single quest they could stuff them into. It is dramatically worse than it was in MH1.

>>380563651
>Setting traps.
Does not require stealth, and can be done while a monster is literally charging at you.
>getting the drop on a monster before it's roar.
It will roar after it has been hit, even if you mount it before it can focus to see you. The only way you can prevent the roar is by staggering it, flashbombing it, or tripping it while it tries to roar. >Getting that paint/dung ball off before the monsters start running around.
What? The second you hit them with either, they will immediately aggro you. You can do this at any point in the hunt.
>>
I find it funny that the ones that are bitching about minor additions and saying it changes everything to make it not monster hunter are the same people that defend styles and arts which objectively made Monhun look nothing like monhun.

The only real major change we've heard of is no more flexing.
>>
File: 23059327502352.jpg (59KB, 550x526px) Image search: [Google]
23059327502352.jpg
59KB, 550x526px
>>380563705
>mfw MHW outsells MHX and MHXX combined
>>
>>380561380
You are fucking stupid. Were you this angry when they revealed MHX or MH4? When they added wall climbing, mounting, hunting arts and all those stupid shits?

They said the core gameplay is still there and based off of it, of course everyone with half a brain will realize it's going to be touched and changed. It happens in every new game. Your complaints are fucking retarded too.

>Machine gun LBG
Have you never used a HBG before? You can unleash your whole clip without reloading. The only difference is that you can walk while doing it now but it's not like he's sprinting or some shit. The whole game is faster pace now so it makes sense to have more mobility.
>>
>>380563905
I don't follow? I'm sure there's more done on the game, they just aren't showing it yet.
>>
>>380563705
Japs love Sony, Sony is like their God.
>>
>>380556931
I haven't been following the story but all shitposting aside i'm betting it was something like this and journalist being the click bait lairs they are probably spun it as it is never coming to the west. Seriously fuck journalism, its just shitposting with a paycheck.
>>
>>380563997
They already said the full gameplay demo will be on the 20th in Tokyo.
>>
>>380552363
so kids without a PS4 or good running PC can enjoy Monster Hunter with their friends?
>>
>>380563198
Yeah I'm sure it's not worth bothering...such a small playerbase it's not like it'll sell even though it'd be the first real Monster Hunting game on the Switch. On the fucking Switch that lacks games. I mean it's not shit games like Bomberman sold well...
>>
>>380563705
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE

Nice try nigger. I guess people do love MHXX on a portable more than the shit that is MHW
>>
>>380563932
Well yeah but non of the egg quests or otherwise were necessary, and stealth never helped, it barely helped in 1, but it could do sonething.
>>
>>380563918
Well. I'm making a guess here.
There are over twice as many thumbs up on World than there are on XX and only and less than 50% increase in thumbs down between the two.
All while Worlds has twice as many people watching the video.
also hurts that XX is several months old and released in japan already so you would have expected more people to have watched the video.
>>
>>380563710
And probably some kind of license to release on western markets.

Also Ninty is jew, dont forget, probably releasing it digital only is a no-no for them, they probably have a clause stating that if a game has more than X size it has to get physical copies.

I cant name 1 non-indie digital only game on nintendo consoles.
>>
>>380563997
>>380563905
The game has been in development for over 4 years now.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuvtg
>>
>>380564079
Source?
If so then we will hopefully see some more actual hunting footage. And then probably a larger chunk of the game at TGS or something.
>>
>>380564329
Ace Attorney games are digital only in the PAL region
>>
>>380564205
>shit games like Bomberman sold well...
LOL no it didnt, it sold less than 1-2 fucking Switch.
>>
>>380564210
That's the 3DS version that came out year ago.
>>
>Demo arrives
>Do you want to set your game as Casual or Veteran?
>Casual makes automatic weapon combos by tapping X or A
>Veteran is normal gameplay
CANT
FUCKING
WAIT
FOR
NORMIE
CATERING
>>
>>380552363
They already localized everything else that isn't P3rd, even fucking Stories is getting a localization
>>
>>380563932
>Does not require stealth,
Not anymore it doesn't.
>It is dramatically worse than it was in MH1.
so you never played the original games. where Rathalos was much more of a motherfucker to deal with then he ever was in the current games.

New hunters don't seem to realize how much these now outdated mechanics were useful back in the PS2 days. The Mechanic was always there. Because you didn't use it doesn't me they shouldn't improve the damn thing.

Let me ask you this. What the fuck are you going to do in MH:W now that your dumb ass can't Zone out to safety to sharpen your shit and other necessities?
>>
>Switch owners in the west don't get MHW or MHXX

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>380564805
Eh, I have a feeling XX will get a port. Why anyone would care after seeing World but I'd bet it'll happen at some point.
>>
File: 1469211616648.gif (73KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
1469211616648.gif
73KB, 600x563px
>>380564805
>He doesn't know moonrune
You must have not been around for the Portable 3rd Days
>>
>tfw Monster Hunter World is confirmed the first 5th gen mainline game in the series
>tfw it's made by the good old A-team

Nice.
>>
>>380564805
It honestly does kinda suck for little kids who can't just buy a new console for 1 game.
>>
>>380564504
>sold less than the most commonly bundled title

wow, who could have guessed.
>>
>>380563905
The game ain't coming out on January first.
Early 2018 means first quarter of 2018. So at the latest the end of March. That's 9 months man.
Also the game has been in development for over 4 years.

That is a hell of a lot more time spent on this than most if not all monster hunter games.
>>
>>380564805
>Fuck people for wanting to play monster hunter
It's almost like you don't play the games at all and pretend to know shit because of console war shitposting.
>>
>>380551370
test
>>
I'm going to be honest here, the running animation looks like dogshit in MonHun World.
>>
>>380564627
> I love making shit up in greenext to pretend to be upset about.
It must be a sad life anon.
>>
>>380564942
When was the last time Capcom Ported something when they said they had no plans to.
The answer is never.
>>
>>380565024
What's the B-Team gonna be working on?
>>
>>380564228
>Not anymore it doesn't.
It didn't in the first place. Monsters won't eat meat you lay down if they see you, but traps have literally always been "Drop and wait".
>so you never played the original games. where Rathalos was much more of a motherfucker to deal with then he ever was in the current games.
I can tell you haven't played the original, because he was only awful in one area because the fucking singular corridor you needed to transport the egg was bait to fireballs. Every other map he was literally incapable of following you. Meanwhile Jho and Tiggy and Rajang will beat everything out of you because they cross the map dramatically quicker than Los.
>New hunters don't seem to realize how much these now outdated mechanics were useful back in the PS2 days. The Mechanic was always there. Because you didn't use it doesn't me they shouldn't improve the damn thing.
They were extremely limited in how much they mattered. If they COMPLETELY revamp it and actually make it relevant in the realm of MH, it's a good thing. We haven't seen anything to suggest they have, and enough to suggest it'll be casual garbage, or exhausting tedium with far less emphasis on fighting and far more emphasis on drawn-out setups.
>Let me ask you this. What the fuck are you going to do in MH:W now that your dumb ass can't Zone out to safety to sharpen your shit and other necessities?
Continue to heal, sharpen, and eat mid-battle, as I always have, and always will do. Giving me a tunnel to run into only means that now the monsters can be baited into attacking a wall and wind up missing me if I really decide to pussy out and run away, which gives me all of one good attack animation to pop that necessary Max/Ancient potion and get right back into the fight. What kind of fucking scrub are you that you can't just heal mid-battle?
>>
>MH5 on PS4
>no MHXX for West
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>380565313
Either you replied to the wrong person or your projecting hard in Green text considering there's 3 times as much if it as there is writing in the post I wrote that you replied to.
>>
>>380565216
Why? This would literally save the game from being a flop with non-hardcore masses. Just imagine your favorite Youtube celebrities branding themselves as PRO HUNTERS because who cares that you have spent years honing your clawing and platform transitions
>>
>>380565596
Evidently I fucked up. I meant to reply to >>380564786
>>
>trying to convince shitposters that you're right
What the fuck is wrong with you people
>>
>>380564805
>>380565560
Samefag
>>
>>380551370

They literally said nothing wrong. Capcom stated they had no plans but then tacked on "at this time" later on.
Stop being a fag and accept that Monster Hunter is no longer imprisoned by shit hardware.
Any actual MH fan would be ecstatic right now knowing that hardware limitations are finally being removed and the franchise can finally blossom again.
>>
>>380565795
Fuck you beat me to it no one in this thread is even bitching about it, his bait is wasted.
>>
>>380551370
What my "I don't get that ___" in all of this is that MhX is already translated, like 100% legit translated. So, if MhXX is practically just a hyped up mission pack, why can't they just copy-paste and translate the rest? Seems like there's not a whole LOT to translate freshly considering they're the same base game with a few added features in dubbacross.
>>
>>380551370
Gamestop isn't in the wrong here. They know what Capcom meant. Saying "at this time" doesn't confirm an eventual localization, it means don't bother us about it.

At least now GS has drawn attention to the possibility of Capcom not giving a shit about the Switch game and getting people to yell at Capcom about it.
>>
>>380565934
Fact: if someone posts a wojak, they're not a MonHun fan, they're too classy for that
>>
>>380565971
Because they're going to localize it, they just don't want to take any attention away from World. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo has it down in the contract or whatever that they get to announce it in a Direct.
>>
>>380566431
Piss off poser, I can see right through your ruse
>>
A sense of evidence isn't evidence evidence of absense.

Jesus Christ when did 4chan fill up with panicky frightened screaming children.
>>
>>380566710
>I c-c-an see through your r.. ruse bing.. bing.. wahoo
>>
>>380566729
Nintendo = children
>>
>>380565275
XX. DLC and content updates.
>>
>>38056685
Stuttering memes as well, just proves they put more effoirt in their posts than with MonHun
>>
No I think they deserved it, a western release date should have been included in the same announcement as the Switch port. If you're gonna drag your ass with that news than you should get articles incorrectly saying you're not doing it at all until you stop fucking around.
>>
File: table.jpg (42KB, 508x463px) Image search: [Google]
table.jpg
42KB, 508x463px
>>380551370

Don't forget that random bit at the end where they plugged Telltale making a game and the new COD, when that has nothing to do with Monster Hunter.

Seriously, fuck Gamespot.
>>
>>380565795
If that makes you feel better, Mr. Buttblasted.
>>
>>380566729
Actually, the evidence is for a localization.
>Point one: This is what Capcom does, say they have no plans and then announce it later anyways. It's an established behavior pattern with them.
>Point two: The GameSpot article initially just said they had no plans to announce XX for the west whatsoever. The Capcom PR team went out of their way to reach out to GameSpot to clarify they have no plans to announce it "at this time" and tweeted the same clarification about the article on the official MH Twitter account.
>>
>>380563242
Often on japanese trailers comments are disabled. Look at nearly every FFXIV trailer. Or anything else from Nintendo.
>>
>>380559241
The Japanese reveal video is the highest viewed E3 announcement video lmfao.
>>
>>380566710
just filter the wojaks you scrub
>>
>>380567338

>T-This is what they always do!
Fuck off fag. I love monster hunter myself but I'm not retarded enough to overreact to this or delve into absurd rumors.
The fact is, them stating they had no plans "at this time" is an effective way to state they aren't going to do it unless they become desperate for cash. It's what everybody does as its the most lenient way of breaking the news to die-hard fans who may be fans of the hardware the game is on and not the actual game itself.
They aren't stupid. They understand that brand loyalty exists. Stating it'll never happen ever will do more harm than good even if they truly never actually do it.
Having that sliver of hope acts like a bulwark against irrational fans who feel entitled to a MH game on their console regardless of whether that would actually be profitable for them or not.
>>
>>380567924
>They aren't stupid. They understand that brand loyalty exists.
Jesus christ anon.
>>
>>380567924
>Having that sliver of hope acts like a bulwark against irrational fans who feel entitled to a MH game on their console regardless of whether that would actually be profitable for them or not.
You act like the game isn't being released at all
>>
>>380567338

Oh I agree. Through my tablets shitty autocorrect, my point was that just because there is no current plan, doesn't mean there won't be in the future. This exact same thing happened with 4, and generations. Everyone screamed that it was the end of the franchise in the western, until oh lol suddenly it wasn't. Everyone needs to chill their goddamn grills. Go play some video games, take an internet break. Every other thread on this board is people sending each other into a panic over one thing or another.
>>
>>380567924
They said they haven't announced any plans to localise the game at this time, not that they had no plans to localise it at all at this time. No one has plans to do anything until they start making the plans. The actual possibility of localisation is impossible to know based on this statement. Of course this is a canned PR non-answer, but words still have meanings.
>>
>>380569717

The meaning is you better hope Worlds sells well if you want XX for Switch.
>>
>>380569897
>well
More like poorly. If Worlds sells too well, it'll be their primary focus and they won't even bother to localize XX. If Worlds sells poorly, they'll just rebound to their old cash cow knowing that change is clearly a bad thing.
>>
it's called having custom firmware and installing the game and English patch, nerds
>>
>>380553579
>Japan dont care for consoles
>PSO2 was ported to a console because they actually do
>>
>>380570086
>More like poorly.

If it sells poorly you can kiss the next few MH games goodbye. This is a mainline title so unless it sells well and proves to them that it was legitimately the hardware that stagnated the series, they're going to just give up and head back to the Japanese fanbase to cater to. Though I'm feeling more and more as though people are angrier about it being on Sony's platform and not Nintendo's than angry over the minor changes the game has shown so far.
>Casualized
>Game is exactly the same but with slight changes
>Actually removes features that casualized it in previous entries
>>
>>380554559
>The fact that MH is finally free or the endless shitposting spree we will have

But the consolefags have ALWAYS BEEN the mass shitposters in the MonHun community.

You fags barely play any MonHun games and whine about graphics while ignoring gameplay.
>>
>>380563705
>1 view = 1 sale
>>
File: 1489118003574.png (641KB, 744x684px) Image search: [Google]
1489118003574.png
641KB, 744x684px
>>380570648
>But the consolefags have ALWAYS BEEN the mass shitposters in the MonHun community.
>>
File: 1496870393969.png (79KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1496870393969.png
79KB, 808x805px
switch keeps on giving
>>
>>380570259
Call me when this works for Switch versions, you smartass
>>
>>380571674
now why the fuck would I care about a console that has more ports than the Vita?
>>
>>380571920
>Just patch it in 3DS bro
Everybody knows about this, thanks for not being helpful when the thread is about people wanting an English Switch version
>>
>>380572339
oh boy can't wait to play the same fucking game on a different device
>>
File: mhxx.png (189KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
mhxx.png
189KB, 400x480px
>>380551370
Was gonna support XX and buy it but just give up and pirate it and install the translation patch m8
>>
File: 1484631257684.jpg (11KB, 278x242px) Image search: [Google]
1484631257684.jpg
11KB, 278x242px
>>380572978
>X is 4th Gen's P3rd
Here we go again
>>
>>380563705
>Japan loves MHW
>whenever a MH game show up it tops the preorder list of Japan retailers
>MHW did not even got into the top 100
HA HA HA HA Ha
>>
>>380576583
Trending in Japan more than any Nintendo game. Fucking Dragon Ball FighterZ is beating out Nintendo's E3 reveals.

Stay mad little Nintenigger
>>
>>380576687
>Muh jewtuve views equal sales
we are not getting into this argument again nigger
>>
Honestly Worlds wouldn't be as much as a shit storm if they just push XX out like how 3U was with the Wii U but Capcom don't want us to have good things.
>>
>>380576779
And twitter, and pretty much all of Japanese social media.

Meanwhile Nintenigger's used these same metrics as proof Nintendo won because BotW was the top one. Now that it's the 5th, they don't matter.
>>
>>380576583
>whenever a MH game show up it tops the preorder list of Japan retailers
>>MHW did not even got into the top 100

source? Like I know it exists but dont know where to find preorder info
>>
>>380576953
>XX
>good things
Pick one.
Jesus even the nips don't like XX
>>
How can you browse /v/ and not know exactly what they are doing? Actually how can you be surprised by this fucking industry at all? Gabe newell just needs to fart and suddenly a thousand people think HL3 will come out this year. Everyone here takes everything at face value to create another clickbait console wars thread. Why do you blame them for doing the same when they get money that way? People here are literally doing the same to emulate human interaction.
>>
>>380577042
I dont have the link for the other jap retailers in this PC but have amazon

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/
>>
>>380577031
>Meanwhile Nintenigger's used these same metrics as proof Nintendo won because BotW was the top one. Now that it's the 5th, they don't matter.
you can claim all you want, Twitter is not talking shit, and no one is pre-ordering shit either. Japan dont care for consoles nigger
>>
>>380577251
It isn't in the top 100 because there isnt a page for MH World yet retard
>>
>>380576583
>https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/
is world even on the site?
>>
>>380577353
>its out in the west
>Not in Japan
yeah
>>
>all the crying from nintenbros about xx not coming out
>the worst monster hunter to date in a growing trend of bad direction
>>
>>380577459
Literally check Amazon.JP

theres no fucking preorder link for MH World
>>
>>380577523
I think that was his point then. It should raise some flags if Japan have not even get a pre-order for it
>>
>>380577786
>Preordering games that are a year away.
Maybe the nips just aren't as autistic as some westerners.
>>
>>380577786
that wasn't his point, and even if it was that wouldn't be a red flag

fucking christ
>>
>>380577879
No its pretty much Japanese tradition for preorders to be available as soon as games are revealed. Its odd to because its something that doesnt happen for the west but we were able to preorder right after the reveal while they still arent
>>
>>380578021
please tell us more ken-san, I'm fascinated
>>
>>380577879
actually its more a nip thing and hell its even more trackable than in Europe// USA
>>
>>380578065
My names not Ken bitch
>>
File: monster hunter stylin.jpg (832KB, 2132x1849px) Image search: [Google]
monster hunter stylin.jpg
832KB, 2132x1849px
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.