[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ unironically hates open world games now What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Yakuza-0-Review-look.jpg (868KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza-0-Review-look.jpg
868KB, 1920x1080px
>/v/ unironically hates open world games now

What's wrong with you? Do you hate freedom ?
>>
>>380548114
open world games are pretty much the definition of overpromise and underdeliver

i mean look at LA noire you could have your partner drive you to each location and never actually wander the world and you would lose nothing
>>
There's nothing wrong with open world. The problem is when that world is empty or pointless (any Ubisoft game).
>>
>2017
>still getting hype for the open world meme
>DUUUUUUDE YOU CAN DO ANYYYYTHINGGGGG

I'm an adult white man with a car and money. I can already walk outside and do anything.

Give me some fucking demons to kill.
>>
>>380548241
Far Cry and Assasin's Creed 2 were pretty good
>>
>>380548351
Well I'm pretty sure you can't go outside and murder everyone you see, hence the appeal of something like Postal 2 or GTA
>>
I feel like very few developers can make open world games where the open world feels like it really adds something to the game.
Rockstar knock it out the park every time, but otherwise it's just Ubishit and worse as far as the eye can see.
>>
>>380548385
They weren't bad but they had that checklist style gameplay that makes the open world feel like a big stage and not an actual living world.

Another problem is, instead of fixing these problems devs just make maps bigger in their next game. Bigger isn't always better.
>>
>>380548510
>Well I'm pretty sure you can't go outside and murder everyone you see
I have no desire to murder everyone I see.
Are you telling me that sandbox games are for autistic edgelords?
>>
>now
>>
>>380548114
Yakuza games are an awful example of open worlds. You get to walk around a few blocks of city.
>>
>>380548114
It's an overused trope.
>>
>>380548114
You exercise your right to freedom, and this is the result.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.