[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been out of the Nintendo game for more 15 years. What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x720px
I've been out of the Nintendo game for more 15 years.

What's so bad about Mario Odyssey? Seems like a neat concept.
>>
File: k.png (981KB, 1018x565px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
981KB, 1018x565px
>>380547407
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

yea the gameplay video was great
>>
>>380547407
Nothing seems to be bad about it. /v/ just hates everything.
>>
It looks boring as hell
>>
>>380547728
>not modding the scooter into a yoshi
>>
>>380549502
It's the most innovation the Mario series has received since Sunshine
>>
>>380547407
I haven't seen much of anyone saying it looks bad, even here.
>>
anyone who speaks lowly of mario odyssey is a lil bitch
>>
>>380547407
Here is all you need to know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9r5hx47kxM
>>
I think it's been getting very positive reception.

I'm worried though because I think they're putting too much weight on the possession gimmick. At the end of the day, mario is all about platforming. If they forgo platforming for simplistic puzzle solving with the hat the game could just end up as another sub par collectathon.
>>
It looks pretty fun, I hope it's good.
>>
File: 1497395575651-v.png (1MB, 818x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497395575651-v.png
1MB, 818x1200px
Some people are bitching about it looking like a derivative collectathon, with the large zones, uninterrupted collecting, and Rareware-style transformations.

I think it looks great though, fuck the disenfranchised minority of contrarians.
>>
nothing
>>
Nothing. It looks excellent.
>>
>>380550952
Not trying to be contrarian. Just worried because the transformations don't look that fun to control. 3D mario has always been about tight controls and satisfying platforming for me. I think the game looks good but I can help but worry that there'll be very few proper platforming challenges.

I always found the transformations and animal buddies to be the worst part of rares games. People seem to like the variety, but they almost always control much less smoothly and with much less movement option than the normal characters.

I don't buy mario so that I can play some simplistic tank shooting section, y'know? Anyway, here's hoping that it's good.
>>
My only complaint is that it looks a little bland. It's the lighting or something. And I still can't get around the realistic looking people. But all the nice animations and shit are still there. Especially when they showed off the desert level. I liked the Day of the Dead dancing skeletons and Harriet's animations during the boss fight. The charm is still there.
>>
Its going to be amazing
>>
>>380550043
And how is that innovation being used? In wide open emptiness and dull obstacle courses.
>>
>>380547407
The textures.
>>
>>380551528
That's very true. Mario himself looks super satisfying to control and very precise in what he can do. I think the transformations (which they have said are limited to certain enemies) will be useful in their own niche ways. The bullet bills are used to fly to new areas, for instance. They can't go up or down, making them limited to their areas. I think the transformations are gonna be more for puzzles/special events/boss battles.
>>
>>380552904
As long as they limit their use I think the game will be good.

The gameplay they've showed off so far put a lot of focus on transforming every 5 seconds, even when it seemed unnecessary. I'm sure Nintendo is just trying to show off their new mechanic. Just hope the game doesn't get bogged down with menial busywork collecting moonshards and transforming into boring shit.
>>
File: DCQFkA1UAAAr3tu.jpg (84KB, 872x559px) Image search: [Google]
DCQFkA1UAAAr3tu.jpg
84KB, 872x559px
I think the real question is, would you let Mario give you a moustache ride?
>>
It took what Kirby was doing for 10 years and regurgitated it
>>
File: 1496454407163.jpg (153KB, 690x638px) Image search: [Google]
1496454407163.jpg
153KB, 690x638px
>>380550482
>I'm worried though because I think they're putting too much weight on the possession gimmick. At the end of the day, mario is all about platforming.

This. The problem with the possession is that it's generally uninteresting gamplay-wise. Platforming is dynamic and feels great, but from what I've seen possession is comparatively simplistic. Hopefully they put platforming first and use the gimmick only to augment the core gameplay.

I mean, it's mainline Mario so I doubt they'll fuck it up, but at least in terms of selling the game they're ignoring the platforming a bit too much for my liking.
>>
>>380554780
>ignoring the platforming

64 and Sunshine were less about platforming too. In fact Bob omb Battlefield only has 1 "platform" in the entire stage, with the rest being one big landmass.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.