[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney Set to Launch Gamer Programming Block http://www.broa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: attack-of-the-show-online.jpg (57KB, 533x335px) Image search: [Google]
attack-of-the-show-online.jpg
57KB, 533x335px
Disney Set to Launch Gamer Programming Block
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/currency/disney-xd-set-launch-gamer-programming-block/166529

>Disney is getting into gaming, launching D|XP, a daily summer overnight block of gamer programming aimed at entertaining gamers and esports enthusiasts ages 13 and up.

>The multiplatform destination will feature content produced with ESPN, the Disney Digital Network, Maker, IGN, Attack Media, Warner Bros. Television Group’s Blue Ribbon Content, Banger Films, ESL and Vice’s Waypoint.

>On Disney XD, D|XP will air from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. ET, beginning July 15.

>"Gaming is a lifestyle for our audience. This summer, we're collaborating with leading creative partners in the industry to deliver original programming, access to some of the biggest esports tournaments and leagues, and entry to key gaming-related events,” said Marc Buhaj, senior VP of programming and general manager for Disney XD. "D|XP will showcase diverse storytelling across the video game landscape, and celebrate gaming culture and community."

>Disney Digital Network will be producing Polaris Primetime, a weekly one-hour play-through gaming and variety show hosted by entertainment gaming personalities Jimmy Wong and Strawburry17 (Meghan Camarena).

>DDN is also producing Parker Plays, a half-hour series starring YouTuber Parker Coppins, who will engage in comedic gameplay commentary.
>>
File: ruff news.jpg (60KB, 960x944px) Image search: [Google]
ruff news.jpg
60KB, 960x944px
>let's plays are now television shows

Kill me.
>>
>Waypoint Presents, from Vice, will examine how and why gamers play, focusing on the people, passion and politics of gaming.

>Other programming includes: ESPN Esports programming that will provide front row access to major esports events; The IGN Show —a daily show from IGN Entertainment hosted by Alanah Pearce (Charalanahzard), Naomi Kyle and a team that delivers exclusive new game footage, expert gaming tips and prime coverage from the biggest gaming and pop culture events, executive produced by Wade Beckett and Blair Herter; and The Attack—a daily variety show with hosts Alex Corea and Erin Steeby.
>>
>>380540029
>That episode where Sara and Candice wrestled in oatmeal in cowgirl outfits

Literally got up at like 5 AM to watch the episode while my parents were asleep. I wonder if they're still close friends.
>>
it will flop.
Their target dont watch DXD. And anyone here will just wait for the torrent.
On top of being heavily commercialized and lacking any charm from the golden years.
>>
>>380540029
>"D|XP will showcase diverse storytelling across the video game landscape, and celebrate gaming culture and community."
haha, us gamers, am i right, guys?
>>
>paying for cable/sat tv
>(current year)
>>
>>380540029
THE

GAMER

BLOCK

It's going to be filled with SJW shit, isn't it? I wonder if it will be a requirement to play at least one episode of Anita's web series every day?
>>
I watched Attack of the Show almost daily for a while when I was in middle school.
Fuck that Olivia Munn bitch though, the show was in decline when they brought her on. It was all about that Sarah Lane.
>>
>>380540029
Oh boy, can't wait to watch overage hosts use "hip cool language" whilst being the 1000th other company paid by Blizzard to shove Overwatch into our faces, hislt only focusing on Moba garbage, overrated indies and triple A garbage paid advertised by Ubisoft, EA, Activision, etc.
>>
>>380540029

Have two careers ever diverged as sharply as Munn-Honey and Kevin "Life Hacks" Prerererereaa ?

This is some George Michael and that other faggot caliber shit.
>>
>>380540029
>Disney XD
>XD
Fuck off
>>
>>380542313

Morgan Webb is queen of /v/ forever! ... although she's probably old and fat rn so not really.
>>
>"gaming" personalities

Pfft ahahahaha

Also who the fuck watches cable tv nowadays?
>>
>>380540029
>Disney XD
>XP
kys
>>
>>380540029
its just gamestop tv
>>
What fucking demographic are they trying to reach with this? Because IGN, Waypost and certainly not Attack of the Show, are not meant for kids.
>>
>>380542545
>Munn sucks dicks in a chain onto an Iron Man 2 cameo, leading into a book deal, becomes Psylocke
>Perrera fucks up his Ninja Warrior chance on stage 1 and still does ads for gamestop in-store loops

Did I get that right? Fuck I hate Olivia Munn.
>>
>>380543293
>aimed at entertaining gamers and esports enthusiasts ages 13 and up.
i dno m8
>>
>>380543293
>What fucking demographic are they trying to reach with this?
the adult swim crowd, because kids aren't watching late night cable tv if their parents are worth half a shit. Stupid.
>>
File: downsized.gif (1MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
downsized.gif
1MB, 250x188px
>>380540348
>Austin Walker / Patrick Klepek getting TV air time
>>
>>380543409
Oh, I didn't see that. Well if that's the case, why is it at 9PM to 3AM?

Also, what games will be allowed to be showcased?
>>
>>380543352
Well people did only like her for her looks.
>>
>>380542518
>this game is gonna be so lit!!
>watch me use a fidget spinner for three hours!
>>
File: 1490472815559.png (189KB, 368x411px) Image search: [Google]
1490472815559.png
189KB, 368x411px
>glorified let's plays
>e-celeb skits
I suppose the IGN show could be decent since it's just news and coverage, and we haven't seen anything like it since X-Play and G4 died.
>>
>>380540029
Oh boy

Get ready to see some TERRIBLE games getting shilled
>>
>>380545238
Why did you capitalize terrible?
>>
>>380545382

Probably for emphasis.
>>
>>380542197
>>380541470

problem ?

That means more Diversity and Realism
>>
>>380543472
fucking dropped
>>
>>380540029
Disney is going to show you the world what it means to be a proper gamer
>>
File: 1367019825904.jpg (24KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
1367019825904.jpg
24KB, 300x347px
>>380540278
>now
>>
File: Ai.png (375KB, 600x841px) Image search: [Google]
Ai.png
375KB, 600x841px
>>380540029
Whats the possibility of Disney creating their own version of Kizuna Ai https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79HxnWIuNY ?

They have the funds and access to talent to create one.
>>
>>380540029
>diverse storytelling across the video game landscape, and celebrate gaming culture and community."

Dropped
>>
>>380545548
It's true. When I am playing video games, I only think about how diverse the cast is.

Of course I don't play video games mostly. They're a haven of sexism and bigotry. Anita told me so.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.