[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did video games stop trying to be fun and instead tried to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: fun.png (370KB, 512x340px) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
370KB, 512x340px
Why did video games stop trying to be fun and instead tried to be more realistic?
>>
>>380539430
>realistic cinematic shit everywhere
>except webswinging, you don't need physics for that

Because game devs are actually stupid people
>>
>>380539615
What's this no physics meme you keep repeating?
>>
>>380539791
No Spider-Man game since the ps2 has had proper swinging. The latest Spider-Man has you throw a web to the right and pull a left 90 degree turn. There is no momentum or planning involved. It's iron man flying with webs as an aesthetic thing only essentially
>>
File: GOOD game.jpg (2MB, 2100x1532px) Image search: [Google]
GOOD game.jpg
2MB, 2100x1532px
>>380539430
Newer and more advanced technology leads to better graphics. Better graphics lead to the public liking it because SHINY. As the public likes it, the focus creeps on graphics. Graphics make presentation look better, which also leads to other gaming companies to step their game up. Game developers realize they've made so much money off of the general publics stupidity they stop caring about the game and more about the presentation [graphics].

TL;DR Money.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
>>380539430
There are other avenues worth exploring in videogames. Fun isn't the be all and end all. Fun is certainly an important part of video games and in most cases the easiest goal to shoot for. But if you can make a game that isn't fun but instead evokes a wide range of emotions while still being good then you're on to something special. I'm not saying that "all games should not be fun", all I'm saying is that it's worthwhile to try to make video games that are things other than fun.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.