[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just so we're clear here, you faggots ARE going to whine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 29

File: METOROIDO IS NOT OMOROIDO DESU.jpg (63KB, 1010x369px) Image search: [Google]
METOROIDO IS NOT OMOROIDO DESU.jpg
63KB, 1010x369px
Just so we're clear here, you faggots ARE going to whine about:
> MUH ARTSTYLE
> Not a first party dev
> Melee counter makes the game easy with the autoaim followup
> Melee counter IS OTHER M REEEEEEE
> Cutscenes up the ass everytime something is introduced
> Obligatory Zero Suit rewards are now either mysoginist weaboonese bullshit OR ZSS shoehorning because Sakamoto reeeee~
or
> No Zero Suit rewards, fucking prudish spics wtf I hate Spain now reeeeeee~
Right?

AM2Rfags please fuck off, like getting a legit M2 remake is going to erase the fan game, eat a dick.
>>
Im looking forward to my no melee, no "abilities that use up that yellow bar" playtrhough
>>
It has checkpoints as well.
>>
Nigga i'm not complaining about shit I've been waiting for a fucking Metroid game forever
>>
>>380531586
I bet the yellow abilities are going to be mandatory in a tutorial after getting them. Some blocking enemies in the path were only killable with the machine gun
>>
>>380531134
Art style looks like shit because it's a 3DS game dumbass, most of us wanted an actual 2D Metroid with modern-grade pixel art, not this cheeses looking shit.
>>
>from the developers of lords of shadow
>>
>>380531134
The artstyle complaints are retarded,it looks good for a 3DSgame.
I have no problem with the counter since the enemies seem MUCH more aggressive but the mini cutscene against the bosses are too intrusive.
The Aeon abilities or whatever they're called seem too broken but they should be optional.
>>
>>380531134
>>380532098
Instead of some forced ZSS segment, they should just make a 2nd mode once you beat the game where you can go around whipping enemies as ZSS.

A true Metroidvania!
>>
File: IMG_1385.jpg (74KB, 1199x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1385.jpg
74KB, 1199x800px
>>380531134
AM2R was an actual Metroid game that Nintendo cannot and will not make anymore. It also completely proves that Nintendo needs to let go of the franchise if they aren't going to let it die with any dignity.

I don't even know how any of you faggots can even get excited for Prime 4 when Retro isn't working on it, and when Nu-tendo seems hellbent on killing every last franchise that isn't Mario, Zelda, FE or Pokémon.
>>
I'm interested in seeing how the tweaks to the formula play out.
But I am a little bummed about ammo stations and energy stations coming back.
>>
>>380531954
>modern-grade pixel art
Oxymoron.
>>
>>380531134
Agreed
Though yeah melee counters against bosses did seem a bit Other M-like to me, I'll admit they looked cool but I hope they'll find a way not to make them repetitive
>>
>>380531586
Just buy a gameboy.
>>
>>380531134
>Melee counter
Please fucking tell me this is just a bad meme...
>>
>>380532948
I'm not saying that they should have hired Toby Fox for the art, you faggot. I'm saying, why not something on the level of presentation of Shovel Knight or Metal Slug? The pixel art for Fusion was great, and there's no excuses for the first 2D Metroid in 15 years to be looking inferior to it.
>>
I am worried mostly about
-linearity (M2 was broken into chunks but each section allowed for free exploration)
-Sakamoto story writing
-Mediocre enemy AI (kinda par the course for the series, which is why high difficulty is needed to compensate)
>>
>>380531586
And you can totally do that. You can make the game as challenging as you want. That's why low % runs of metroid are so popular.
>>
>>380534034
>why not something on the level of presentation of 20 year-old graphics or a copy of 30 year-old graphics

Pixelfags are delusional.
>>
>>380531134
This will be the game that will get people thinking that modern nintendo cant do metroid anymore and prime 4 being shit will seal the deal.
>>
>>380531134
I hope it comes with a port of Zero Mission or Fusion. Both would be nice..
>>
>Nintendo does exactly what people screamed for and announced TWO new Metroid games

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE THEY'RE SHIT!11!11!11!!!!

But NintendoGAF, amirite?
>>
>>380531134

>LEAVE MY REMAKE ALOOOOOOOONE! IT'S PERFECT! AM2R IS SO BAD! STOP TALKING BAD, PLEEEEEEEEASE!

Stop sounding like such an easy pleasing faggot, please. The game is looking good but it's not looking amazing.

Not as great as AM2R anyway. That's what happens when you hire the guys behind the abortion that was Mirror of Fate. Thank god they're under Nintendo's quality filter.

Also, the graphics look like shit cause of 2.5D. Dunno how can you even dispute that.
>>
>>380534059
They've already said the story is exactly the same as 2, Map looks similar of what we've seen, and bosses at least seem to hit like a truck, so hopefully difficulty's up to par.
>>
>>380534652
Yeah faggot, both of those sound hat than this bullshit.

>atmospheric, pixelated sci-fi? Nah bro we bargain bin Jimmy Neutron now
>>
>>380535054
The graphics look fine and AM2R was pure trash.

Cry more bitch nigga.
>>
>>380534881
People wanted a sequel to fucking Fusion you massive faggot, not a rehash of a game we all played by the time we were 10.

Also nobody is saying Prime 4 is shit. We can't know for sure. But Retro being replaced in a favor of "a talented new team" isn't a good sign.
>>
i'm a big metroid fan and i'm looking forward to this after seeing the gameplay
i'm just really happy to see samus back and this game, despite what people are saying about these devs, this game looks solid
>>
>>380535745
If you want a Retro-made prime, go play the first three. Or go eat more stale bread.
>>
>>380532779
>FE and Pokémon aren't dead already
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhOx-FpEAQk

Why does this run so fucking slow?
>>
>>380537248
>haha why would anyone want more good games made by talented devs wtf bro xD
>a food analogy

end your life
>>
>>380537781
Why do you think anyone that worked on the good prime games (1 and 2) works at retro anymore? Hint: They don't
>>
It's going to be hard to surpass AMR2 but Samus Returns still looks fun and can't wait to play
>>
>movement with that awful 3ds analog
>camera is zoomed in way too close outside of certain rooms where it has to zoom out
>>
>tfw metroid series will never continue after fusion because nintendo would have to admit they wrote themselves into a corner at the end of fusion or would have to retcon it entirely
>tfw it will always be side missions and remakes from now on til it dies
>>
>>380537934
>haha just let some literally-whos make it bro who cares
Because their last game, Tropical Freeze, was a fucking masterpiece and shows that they're still capable of good work? Nintendo didn't even have the balls to reveal who is making Prime 4, why should we have any confidence in it yet?
>>
>>380537616
At 1:11 Samus deflects attack like a Marth counter and an animation goes into effect. This isn't actually going to be in the game, right?
>>
File: am2r-dmca-cover.png (53KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
am2r-dmca-cover.png
53KB, 660x330px
>>380531134
>AM2Rfags please fuck off, like getting a legit M2 remake is going to erase the fan game
technically it did
>>
>>380538834
No, making a fan-game did. They'd take it down whether they made their own or not. And if you're too retarded to make a simple sprite-swap then you don't get any sympathy for making derivative content.
>>
It'd be cool if they added a difficulty mode that turned the extra features off. I know you can simply challenge yourself not to use them but you still might accidentally use something or be tempted to if you're having trouble.
>>
>>380539106
>No, making a fan-game did. They'd take it down whether they made their own or not.
Sonic says "hi".
>>
>>380538631
That's a QTE. Yes, that's right a QTE.
AMR2 already shits on this. They couldn't even keep the game sprite based, looks like PS1 trash that runs at 20fps.
>>
The moment I saw gameplay, I knew something was off with the visuals. The colors felt overly saturated and lighting was lacking. More effort could be put into details. Complete absence of foreground, too. I didn't like how the cutscenes interrupted gameplay but other than those things, game is probably fine.
>>
LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME
Reminder that anyone who doesn't buy this game basically signs a BIG GIANT petition saying " I want the Metroid series to die and NEVER EVER EVER EVER get a new game" because thats LITERALLY what you're saying by not supporting this game.
>>
>>380540017
>Reminder that anyone who doesn't buy this game basically signs a BIG GIANT petition saying " I want the Metroid series to die and NEVER EVER EVER EVER get a new game" because thats LITERALLY what you're saying by not supporting this game.
Yes, that's EXACTLY what not buying DmC meant! And Mirror of Fate! And Thi4f!

Oh wait, no, you're just retarded.
>>
>>380539993
The second I saw the reveal I thought the same thing, which was: oh boy, a Metroid game completely toned down and drained off all hard sci-fi character and atmosphere, made for the kiddies born after the Wii came out.
>>
File: thumbsdown.jpg (112KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsdown.jpg
112KB, 620x349px
>>380540017
>buy it or you hate Metroid!
this isn't like that one stint with MPT, a three game compilation that we knew had good games, being on the eShop. I'll buy it if the reviews are good but i am optimistic
>>
>>380531134
> MUH ARTSTYLE
It looks fine except for maybe the larvae
> Not a first party dev
I don't care.
>It looked like there's some tight timing involved, and if there isn't then it's ignorable.
Looks hot to me.
Prime did it already.

I'm not even going to respond to the zero suit bullshit because that's never been why I played Metroid.
>>
>>380537475
Last I checked they fucking aren't?
>>
>>380540751
I'll have you know that they probably ARE making games for 11 year old kids. Just because you grew up and exposed yourself to higher forms of sci-fi and atmosphere don't pretend the old games did any better by being technically limited.
>>
>>380540017
Good, if Mercury Steam is all we're going to get then I'd rather Metroid be dead so it's not just horrible games for the rest of time. You'd be telling me to buy Other M too, fuck you.
>>
>>380532931
>ammo stations and energy stations
Those are really just a measure to circumvent killing mooks coming out of a pipe for 5 minutes, which is the same thing in the end.
>>
File: 1497242683440.jpg (20KB, 239x207px) Image search: [Google]
1497242683440.jpg
20KB, 239x207px
>MercurySteam
>Sakamoto
>More opportunities for THE BABY
>Other M influence
>Cutscene counters
>>
>>380540017
If you don't buy my shitty cake, you're signing a BIG GIANT petition saying "I want cake banned, nobody shall make cake NEVER EVER AGAIN!".

>>380540751
Exactly. But maybe it's not so bad in the end, who knows.
>>
>>380532931
to be fair, Metroid 2 introduced these to the series.
>>
>>380539590
It's not a QTE you false-flagger, but I dont like the idea of a spammable counter move
>>
>>380531134
>MUH ARTSTYLE
I haven't seen anyone complain yet. Looks fine, nothing seems like what Other M did where everything was too bright.

>not first party dev
Well, no one would mind a third party. It IS a dev that doesn't have a good track record though, but most game content is based on director and as long as he's far away from the game, then it should be fine.

>Melee counter
I can see how it might make the game a little too easy and annoying because Metroids seem to have a very big tell for their charge. But I think it makes the rest of the game pretty dynamic, mostly because it goes back to what Sakamoto said about the original Metroid, which was that things don't really attack Samus at all, they just move in patterns. He wanted to make things attack Samus and that makes moving around the world engaging. Having a way to counter them if they get too close to you is only a good thing.

>Melee counter is Other M
One of the only good things that Other M did, both in a gameplay sense and thematic sense. Samus is a super powered bio enhanced soldier, she should feel like it.

>Cutscenes

Not a big deal as long as they can be skipped, Zero Mission did it and no one complained. Fusion there was a little complaining, but conversations didn't last that long and elevator conversations mostly were there to build up tension.

>Zero Suit
I wish we could go back to her in more casual wear or a Bikini. Not every game needs to end in Zero suit. Zero Mission didn't, even though that was it's introduction.

>AM2R

I've yet to see people that like the game complaining. Only people like you looking to troll around, pontificating. How about you leave and we can have an actual thread instead.
>>
>>380541101
But they were better, even with their limitations. Super Metroid, Prime, and even Fusion all had spectacular atmosphere. Graphically, this game looks like a CG nickelodeon cartoon. It's made for modern day kids to look at. Modern kiddies would probably be afraid of old Metroid games, that's how hard they're being coddled.
>>
2.5D is always ugly as sin deal with it
>>
>>380542304
Guilty Gear Xrd says "hi", retard.

Though Guilty Gear Xrd this is not. This is like a really bad PS2 game. Though the visuals are the least of its problems given the developer.
>>
>>380542304
Sprite based 2D is expensive and requires people with very specific skills which are kind of hard to find now.
>>
File: 1497233264949.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497233264949.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>380531134
>Not a first party dev
Wouldnt be a problem if they didnt choose the faggots that couldnt even make a decent metroidvania.
>>
>samus can naturally grab onto ledges the way she did in fusion
>no more sequence breaking with damage jumps

into the fucking trash it goes.
>>
>>380542452
>Sprite based 2D is expensive and requires people with very specific skills which are kind of hard to find now.
Then why are indies and small companines like Vanillaware capable of putting out good looking shit?
>>
File: 1490928719912.png (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490928719912.png
57KB, 500x500px
>>380535745
"Talented new teams" created Splatoon and ARMS.
Do you want the same senile old men directing games for all eternity? Fucking Miyamoto is already losing his sanity just by observing what happened to Starfox Zero.

I have my doubts about the project not being led by Retro as well, but if the kind of new talent that created said games is gonna work on it, then I think the game will be fine at the very least.
Retro already cemented the basis for the Prime games, and you know nips are exceptionally anal when it comes to game design, and if they're smart they'll study and dissect what people loved about the Prime "subgenre" and elaborate on it.
>>
>>380538401
I think they're more afraid of the suit change, it almost looks like another character.
>>
>>380543014
>Splatoon and ARMS
>talented teams

lel opinion discarded
>>
File: dog gun.png (32KB, 405x259px) Image search: [Google]
dog gun.png
32KB, 405x259px
>>380531134
>people complaining about the fucking melee counter taking away from the game.

DONT
FUCKING
USE
IT
THEN

I sure as fuck wont dont be a bitch about it and literally stick to your guns.
>>
>Metroid
Metroid
>Metroid
Metroid
>Metroid
Metroid
>Metroid
Metroid
>Metroid
Metroid
>Metroid
Metroid
>Metroid
Metroid
>Metroid
Metroid

I clapped!
I clapped when I saw the title card and only the title card!
>>
>>380543319
>implying there won't be a species of Metroid or a new boss or enemy that absolutely requires it being used
>>
>>380543574
>being this bitter
>>
File: -Nintendo.jpg (2MB, 2385x1356px) Image search: [Google]
-Nintendo.jpg
2MB, 2385x1356px
>>380531134
>MUH ARTSTYLE
>> Not a first party dev
>> Melee counter makes the game easy with the autoaim followup
>> Melee counter IS OTHER M REEEEEEE
>> Cutscenes up the ass everytime something is introduced

>these aren't valid criticism because I say so
>>
>>380543014
>and if they're smart they'll study and dissect what people loved about the Prime "subgenre" and elaborate on it.
I would think the same, but the recent track record of Tanabe as a producer leaves me worried about it.

And I just dont mean Federation Force.
>>
>>380531134
I can't wait for the gamw, we learn more about the Chozo and it's a guaranteed now that Nintendo will make Metroid 5 for the Switch because they got a team that can make it.
>>
>>380544225
*game
>>
not liking the melee and i heard the studio was dodgy

honestly detailed sprites would look so much better than bad 3d
>>
>>380531134
>AM2Rfags please fuck off, like getting a legit M2 remake is going to erase the fan game, eat a dick.

literal
fucking
shill
>>
>>380543440
I hope to God that's not how you reacted with Federation Force because you were probably met with instant disappointment right after.
>>
>>380531134
I just kinda hate how it seems like you have to stop and aim to hit anything.
>>
File: 1488185653070.jpg (39KB, 554x499px) Image search: [Google]
1488185653070.jpg
39KB, 554x499px
>>380531134
What's stopping me from enjoying both AM2R and Samus Returns?
>>
>>380545307
one of them not being made
>>
Samus's head is way too fucking small.

Did anyone else notice that? she has a little tiny head.
>>
>>380534652
Wait, are you implying that sprite-based graphics are outdated?
The reason devs flock to 3D models instead of sprites is because 3D is cheaper to make. High-resolution sprites with fluid animations still look fantastic, they're just relatively expensive to do compared to animating a model.
>>380545417
But I have AM2R saved on my computer already.
>>
>>380535706
DAT SHILLING
>>
>>380542791
They can afford to spend 5-10 years working on a single game. Companies can't.
>>
File: Larry.png (138KB, 289x425px) Image search: [Google]
Larry.png
138KB, 289x425px
>>380537475
>Pokemon's still printing Nintendo money.
>>
>lol you AM2R fags are so stupid
>lol you Nintendo shills are so stupid
>repeat ad nauseam

Will we never have good quality discussion again?
>>
>>380535745
>People wanted a sequel to fucking Fusion you massive faggot
Not him but I did wanted one but I feel working on a reimagined Metroid 2 would be more beneficial. Look what happened during 2002 and 2004. When Sakamoto put the Wario Land team on Metroid Fusion, they made a linear Metroid game with gimped wall jumping, and ball jumping and little to know sequence breaking. Then when they made Zero Mission it was a massive improvement with a more opened world to explore, sequence breaking, wall jumping and ball jumping was back to the way it was, and the emphasis was on explration again. Having MercurySteam work on a classic Metroid before jumping into the next mainline game would mean that Metroid 5 will have a lot of exploration and not be another Fusion since MercurySteam would understand how to make a 2D Metroid now.
>>
File: Thomas.jpg (15KB, 492x355px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas.jpg
15KB, 492x355px
>>380545941
You come to /v/ for good quality discussion? Fucking really? The place where Braap posting copy pastas and people jerking off on kitchen tiles due to the patterns on them and expect fucking quality discussions?
>>
>>380545417
AM2R was made and released, dipshit. I'm taking a break from it at the moment. Nintendo knew for years it was being made and they didn't do anything until two days after it was released so now it's on the internet forever and ever.

Now, what it DID stop was any updates for it, but I honestly think it's fine as is.
>>
>>380545739
Skullgirls characters were made in months for pennies.
>>
>>380531134
>> Melee counter makes the game easy with the autoaim followup
Is that wrong in any way? Did you see how fucking easy that first metroid boss was?
>>
>>380538401
This game is made specifically for that, Sakamoto wants to expand on the Chozo because that's where Metroid 5 is leading. since MercurySteam will be making Metroid 5 for the Switch, Sakamoto wanted them to understand Metroid first before truly diving into the series. I can see Metroid 5 taking place on a new Chozo planet with a GF facility being built within that planet. Sakamoto and MercurySteam have showed enthusiasm for working on more 2D Metroid games in the future.
>>
>>380546093
You're right. I should have went on /co/ or something.
>>
>>380546353
Sakamoto is the guy who turned samus into a chatty co-dependent waifu to Adam, and he's also the guy who forbade team ninja from having shit like the Gravity Suit turning purple.

I wish Metroid could get a restraining order against him.
>>
>>380546353
>Sakamoto wants to expand on the Chozo

Is that why he completely wrote them out of the series in Other M and made Adam Samus' father figure instead of Old Bird and Gray Voice?
>>
>>380546353
As much as your enthusiasm is appreciated, could you stop pulling shit out of your ass? Either that or give credible sources.
>>
File: 1497317481550.jpg (115KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
1497317481550.jpg
115KB, 592x592px
>>380531134
Did the reveal of 2 new metroid games make ACfag commit suicide yet?
>>
>>380546827
He's already complaining about QTEs in Samus Returns and the game not being mega-detailed sprites.

>>380539590
>>
>>380546569
>>380546579
>Muh Other M
Other M was a failure for several reasons one of them being that Team Ninja wanted to make Metroid Gaiden the other was D-Rockets turning Sakamoto's story guidelines into some shitty ass anime drama. Sakamoto also made serious mistakes on his part (Gravity Suit). and that's why that game is shit and always will be. Now this is a thread about "2D" Metroid we're talking about how Samus Returns plays like a classic 2D Metroid game so you can take that Other M shit somewhere else because we don't want to hear about that piece of shit here. If you fuck bags are going to come to a 2D Metroid thread thread then you better be fucking ready to talk about 2D Metroid games, NOW FUCK OFF!
>>
>>380547236
>>Muh Other M
Doesn't change the fact that Sakamoto is directly responsible for the things I mentioned, so you bringing up his name isn't gonna win the game any favors, you stupid shill.
>>
File: acfag-collage-2017-06-01-fixed.png (870KB, 1920x2400px) Image search: [Google]
acfag-collage-2017-06-01-fixed.png
870KB, 1920x2400px
>>380539590
'Sup?
>>
>>380546675
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H09GVFbxFkI&t=1s
46:35

Now you retards can shut the fuck up about 2D Metroid being dead.
>>
>>380547371
Look if you're not happy about getting another 2D Metroid then fuck over to the Prime 4 thread or you can go play that fan game, oh I'm sorry it got C&D oh well.
>>
File: file.png (85KB, 281x186px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
85KB, 281x186px
>>380547641
The counter move still looks like shit, and the radar is pure casualization in action. At least it's not unlimited.

>>380547806
>IT's metroid and 2D so you can't criticize it bawwwwww
Don't bring up sakamoto if you don't want people to shit on him for other M.
>>
>>380547236
>it's everyone else's fault MoM was shit, Sakamoto didn't do anything!

Dude, this might have worked seven years ago, but we all know the truth and facts, so try using some different bait.
>>
>>380548005
>The counter move still looks like shit, and the radar is pure casualization in action. At least it's not unlimited.
>WAA WAA it's not another Super Metroid rehash
Too bad Metroid needs to modernize and evolve if you don't like move on to another series faggot.

>Don't bring up sakamoto if you don't want people to shit on him for other M.
Sakamoto is working on the game with MercurySteam I can bring him up as much as I want want if you don't like it bitch then suck Tanabe's dick over there in the Prime 4 threads and stop fucking up the 2D Metroid threads.
>>
File: samus black.jpg (24KB, 624x676px) Image search: [Google]
samus black.jpg
24KB, 624x676px
Anyone hating on this game because of "MUH CASUALISATION" is a fucking shit stain. The only reason why the 2D metroids didn't have those """"Casual"""" functions in the first place is because they just couldn't have them because of limitations. You """"hardcore"""" faggots that glorify tedious bullshit and frustrating gameplay are the absolute worst kind of shit this industry suffers from.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/metroid_samus_returns/b/3ds/archive/2017/06/13/metroid-samus-returns-looks-and-feels-great.aspx

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/06/14/e3-2017-metroid-samus-returns-hands-on-a-welcome-upgrade

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-samus-returns-is-the-metroid-youve-been-wa/1100-6450935/
>>
> MUH ARTSTYLE
> Not a first party dev

These are valid complaints.
>>
>>380548291
Shut the fuck up, Sakamoto wanted a 2D game but Team Ninja kept being asses wanting to make a shitty Ninja Gaiden with Metroid skin. Nintendo drops there asses from Metroid and BOOM Metroid plays like the classic 2D Metroid series again. I wander who's responsible for that.
>>
>>380548534
>Too bad Metroid needs to modernize and evolve
>Press X to trivialize every enemy encounter and one-shot the first boss with no effort.
>Use radar to see where secrets are everywhere
This is "evolution" to you?

>Sakamoto is working on the game with MercurySteam I can bring him up as much as I want want
Yeah, and he was responsible for the bulk of the problems with Other M, so don't sperg out when people point this out.
>>
>>380548617
I bet it's ACfag and Sonyfaggots shit posting and trying to ruin the threads again because Microsoft and Nintendo anally prolapse them. Just report them all.
>>
>making a thread whining about others whining
>whining about others making a whining thread about others whining
Wew, whineception
>>
>>380548617
>they just couldn't have them because of limitations.
It would have been trivially easy to give any of the metroids the ability to use a bomb that showed where the secrets and hidden paths were. You know why they didn't? Because they're SECRETS and HIDDEN PATHS.
>>
>>380548860
ACfag, spotted your ass again, do you like being reported man or what?
>>
>>380548738
>Sakamoto wants a 3D Metroid game but tells Team Ninja that they're only allowed to use the Wiimote because he wants it to be like the original Metroid
>Team Ninja tells him many many times that this would make controlling Samus and using all of her moves a nightmare to implement
>"No, classic Metroid in 3D, use D-pad in 3D smace like Super Mario 64 DS"
>game controls like utter ass

Also love how you claim that fluid 3D movement in a 3D space = "gaiden game".
>>
>>380543236
>THESE GAMES DON'T COUNT CAUSE I DON'T LIKE THEM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1462723684532.png (745B, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1462723684532.png
745B, 100x100px
>>380548617
You've never beaten Metroid II, have you?
>>
>>380549201
Sakamoto said he wanted a 2D Metroid game you stupid cock sucking piece of shit. Other M is a shitty ass Gaiden game and not a good one at that.

IGN: "akamoto used a specific instance as an example: he insisted that the game would be an on-rails side-scrolling adventure that used the Wii remote exclusively like an NES/Famicom controller. But Team Ninja really wanted to make it a nunchuk-analog controlling game for 3D foreground/background exploration. Sakamoto stood firm on the Wii remote exclusivity."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/03/11/gdc-10-metroid-director-wanted-classic-controls
>>
>>380549595
*Sakamoto
>>
>>380549052
>Oh shit he's right, better call him names and pretend I reported him!
>>
>>380549595
At least we agree that Other M is a non-canon piece of shit. But Team Ninja wanted it that way precisely because of all of Samus' abilities. and using only the Wiimote made it extremely difficult to put them all in there, which is why shit like using Missiles is mapped to pointing the Wiimote at the screen.
>>
>>380548983
You do realize that this kind of bullshit was only in the game to make the game longer since they couldn't do it by adding content due to limitations, right ? Do you remember the stupid pit of lava you had to jump in zero mission that literally was identical to the rest of the lava pits in the area ? This is just stupid and tedious.

>>380549295
I've played it when I was young on my gb and played it again recently. Didn't bother finishing it because I didn't have fun roaming the same rooms over and over again.
>>
>>380549845
Quit false flagging ACfag, everyone knows it's you.
>>
>>380549923
>At least we agree that Other M is a non-canon piece of shit
Agree, now we can stop talking about it.
>>
>>380531134
nobody said anything and you are already butthurt, classic nintenfag
>>
File: metroidzm.jpg (38KB, 250x500px) Image search: [Google]
metroidzm.jpg
38KB, 250x500px
>>380531134
I'm actually very much looking forward to the new Metroid game. it's a day one sale for me, at least.
Even if the studio making it doesn't inspire confidence
>>
>>380549956
>the game longer since they couldn't do it by adding content due to limitations, right ?
No anon, forcing the player to explore and forcing them to work to kill bosses instead of pressing the magic counter button is not what you do when you want to pad a game out. It's what you do when you want to make a decent metroid game.
>>
>>380531134
Why the fuck isn't open shilling for this 30 FPS trash a bannable offense?
>>
>>380550282
And here come the graphicswhores and framewhores.
>>
Other M was better than Prime. There, I said it.
>>
>>380550457
Outta here, Moviebob.
>>
>>380550271
I wasn't talking about the counter button, only about the level design. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I think the counter function looks great IMO but that's mainly because I've always wanted to be able to do melee attacks in a metroid game.
>>
Why is everyone shitting on Sakamoto now?

You realize he was behind Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, and Metroid Fusion, right?

Yes, his plot writing stinks. Luckily this is Metroid 2, where the story is "Kill all the Metroids, the end"
>>
>>380550594
I like Moviebob and his movie reviews but his vidya opinions are complete cancer
>>
>>380550725
A bunch of faggots trying to ruin a good Metroid thread because they hate to see the fanbase happy again.
>>
>>380550429
>wanting a good framerate in a video game is a bad thing
>>
>>380550893
Why should they be? They were shown a game made by the dev team who ruined Castlevania, and a title card.
>>
>>380550725
Literally what I've been thinking this whole time. Sakamoto is basically the father of sidescrolling Metroid games and people are acting like he's gonna ruin the whole thing even though we clearly saw about 40min of absolutely dope gameplay. Life must be fun when you're braindead.
>>
>>380551228
People are still very much upset over Other M, and project that on anyone involved with it I'd wager.
>>
>>380551054
>MUH MERCURYSTEAM, ITS GONNA SUCK

we just saw a bunch of gameplay at E3 and I can source you 3 places where they say the game is fantastic. stop grasping at straws, Samus Returns WILL be good.
>>
>>380551369
How is it grasping at straws? Devs have track records. They're either good at making games, or they aren't.
>>
File: Untitled-1-Recovered.jpg (26KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1-Recovered.jpg
26KB, 492x492px
>>380540696
So where is the upcoming DMC or Thief game, then?
>>
>>380548534

Why are Nintendo fans so defensive about EVERYTHIING? Holy shit guys, that company only wants your money, you don't owe them shit.

Seriously, that shit's ridiculous.
>>
>>380551228
>>380550725
>shitting on Sakamoto now

Sorry, children, we were around when Sakamoto made a Metroid game that was his personal fanfiction about Samus being a weepy whiny daddy's girl with emotional issues who accomplishes nothing and sucks the dick of the real star of the game, Adam Malkovich, while also ignoring and rewriting every other Metroid game in the franchise. One does not simply say "Aw, he was just being silly!" and forget about it just because he's regained some of his senses.
>>
>>380551054
Gameplay footage looked alright, honestly. I get the doubt, I'm not fond of the team either, but it looks promising so far.
>>
>>380551492
Because WE SAW the gameplay at the treehouse. And as mentionned, just go a bit higher and I have a post with 3 sources where people that played the demo are saying that the game is great.
>>
>>380551054
Game looked great at the Treehouse and all of the previews are positive. The game even looked great in Sakamoto's development interview. I really don't know what more they need to show to prove that the game is in good hands.
>>
>>380551492
Not him but every dev has probably some gems and stinkers and everything inbetween at this point, both in the past and the present. Maybe this will be a step up over their Castlevania game.
>>
File: thoughts on sleep.jpg (111KB, 719x686px) Image search: [Google]
thoughts on sleep.jpg
111KB, 719x686px
>>380551492
They've made like 2 games. Give the game a chance before judging it.

>Oh it's going to be shit

You don't know that. They've probably learned some stuff since they made Castlevania, and probably will try and avoid some of the same mistakes. Saying it's going to be shit is called being a pessimistic retard. Notice no one in these threads is saying "Oh yeah, it's going to be good." They're saying "Oh yeah it looks cool, I hope it's good". There's a fucking difference here. Yes, we all know there's a chance it will be shit. But there's also a chance it will be good, so shut the fuck up. Jesus.

>>380551562
He also made Super Metroid which is one of the greatest games ever made. So you gotta take the good with the bad.
>>
>>380551228
They're still assmad about him hurting their waifu that's why they're bitching about suitless Samus even though we're not playing her in this game and she's been relegated to death sequence and fast endings like the old games.
>>
>>380542791
Vanillaware games aren't sprites. They're 2d assets on skeletons.
>>
>>380551520
Itsuno is on a game and Thief is getting a movie.

If people bought DmC we'd have gotten DmC 2. Which would be fucking awful, if people bought Thi4f we'd have gotten Th5af and that also would be awful.

Giving them money to support literal garbage hoping one day they'll stop and make the good thing again is quite possibly the most retarded idea I've ever heard.
>>
>>380551492
Maybe because we saw proof in the gameplay.
>>
>>380552054
Lab Zero then. Whatever you want to say about their last game it's got fucking top quality animation that was all hand drawn in months for pennies.
>>
>>380552162
Watching is not playing.
>>
>>380551559
We're being defensive because the game legitimately looks good but you fags keep nitpicking the shit out of it when all we seen are impressive gameplay footage. I would complain if the game both looked and played like shit but that just isn't the case here.
>>
>>380552227
Watching gameplay trailers and footage gives you a fairly good idea of how it plays.
>>
>>380552227
Yeah and the previews speak otherwise. Everyone loves the game.
>>
>>380531134
My only complaint is the scan2win ability that trivializes exploration. Oh and the cutscenes that introduce the metroids, etc are a bit much, kind of ruins the tension. Otherwise the game looks great, day 1 buy.
>>
File: IMG_7070.jpg (377KB, 2033x2908px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7070.jpg
377KB, 2033x2908px
>>380531134
I'm hype for this so fuck you
>>
>>380552402

I pointed out how shitty it looks when I was talking to friends, but also mentioned it looks very fun. They went on a tirade about how everything is about graphics now, how every game has to be realistic, how gameplay is not as important anymore and so on. Holy shit man, I'm just saying the game looks like shit, because it does.
>>
>>380552740
Well blame that on the 3DS , when Metroid 5 is made it will look 100 times better because it will be on the Switch.
>>
>>380552628
This girls aura mocks me. I dont like her.
>>
>>380552740
>I pointed out how shitty it looks when I was talking to friends, but also mentioned it looks very fun
Jumping in, but people might be misunderstanding you when you say it looks like shit, thinking you mean the game looks as if it'll be a shitty one. Even as someone looking forward to it, I'm inclined to agree; the 2.5d style doesn't look as good as spritework would have.
>>
File: IMG_7068.jpg (419KB, 2508x3541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7068.jpg
419KB, 2508x3541px
>>380553025
>>
>>380553425
Smug little bastard
>>
>>380531134
I'd rather just complain that the developer has only made mediocre garbage so far.
>>
Nintendo really should have just let Metroid die. This fanbse is so fucking cancerous, holy shit
>>
>>380554270
It's probably just angry Sonyiggers, the Metroid fanbase are happy about the news. 2 Metroids and in an IGN interview Sakamoto kind of stealth confirms Metroid Dread, calling it "that other project".
>>
>>380554668
>and in an IGN interview Sakamoto kind of stealth confirms Metroid Dread, calling it "that other project"
Could you post that? I'm incredibly intrigued.
>>
>>380554773
Sure

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/14/e3-2017-metroid-samus-returns-hands-on-a-welcome-upgrade

Sakamoto: "I think it’s better to say that this is a remake, remastering of Metroid 2, a powered-up version of that, and not something to do with the other project."

>the other project
>>
>>380554668
>if you're not a retard who dribbles because garbage and a title card you must be a console fanboy wah
>>
>>380555486
Whatever you say, Sonyigger.
>>
File: Groovy.gif (531KB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
Groovy.gif
531KB, 320x176px
>>380555365
>>
File: 1497344130441.jpg (36KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
1497344130441.jpg
36KB, 600x657px
>>380543236
>unironically using lel
>>
>>380555365
Think he means Prime 4
>>
>>380555365
The "other project" he's referring to is probably Prime 4, idiot.
>>
>>380555781
This is the question IGN asked him

IGN: "I had to ask, was this project tied in any way to the illusive Metroid Dread, a sequel hinted at in Metroid Prime 3?"
>>
>>380555683
I didn't realize loving Metroid, Mario RPGs, Pikmin and other Nintendo games and owning every Nintendo Console since the SNES along with every Nintendo handheld made me le sony boogyman.

But you are retarded, so guess it's to be expected that'd come from you.
>>
>>380555781
>>380555831
He's not working on Prime 4.
>>
>>380556161
Well then you're just an ass blasted faggot who's still mad about that fan game.
>>
File: 1291958105884.jpg (21KB, 314x400px) Image search: [Google]
1291958105884.jpg
21KB, 314x400px
>>380531134
Stop pretending we're all one person with a hivemind. You'll be happier that way.
>>
>>380556446
Why would I be mad about a fan game? I assume you mean the Metroid 2 remake I've never played or had much interest in. Being uninterested in some fan release doesn't mean I was mad it got made you dumb faggot, it means I didn't give a fuck.

Unlike you, I care about actual reality and track records, guess what Mercury Steam's track record is, especially when it comes to Metroidvania, even more on the 3DS.
>>
>>380554270
>being so spiteful that you want franchises to die because you don't like their fanbases

The only cancerous one is you.
>>
>>380543236
Even if you don't like Splatoon there is no denying the devs are incredibly talented.
>>
>>380556703
But the game plays great and actually looks like a Metroid game, I don't see the problem.
>>
>>380556703
Don't reply. He's a idiot who thinks if you have any criticism about Returns you're about AM2R fanboy.
>>
>>380556878
>But the game plays great
You haven't played it.

>looks like a Metroid game
I didn't realize Metroid looked like a bad PS2 game. Or do you mean in terms of play? Because Mirror of Fate looks like a Castlevania game, doesn't make it not shit.
>>
>>380538493
Why should we be upset about it if we literally know nothing about it? Also Prime and Donkey Kong are nothing fucking alike.
>>
>>380557224
Oh boy, here we go again. :/
>>
>>380539308
Sega will go for anything that could make them money cause they're totally incompetent. Nintendo still knows how to make a video game on their own.
>>
>>380557224
Mirror of Fate added combat more akin to the Lords of Shadow games, didn't it? I felt a little iffy about that one just by looking at it, though this could also just be my mind retroactively justifying my apprehension.
>>
>>380532948
This.
Modern 2D is vectors.
>>
>>380557224
>I didn't realize Metroid looked like a bad PS2 game

Remember when it was an 8-bit NES game? Or a 4-bit Game Boy game?
>>
>>380558445
Metroid 2 was 4-bit?
>>
>>380558445
This is a rather odd question, as it has nothing to do with what you're quoting. He didn't claim it had always been some sort of graphical masterpiece, he said he didn't remember it looking like a bad PS2 game specifically.
>>
>>380558947
So because it's at the maximum graphical capacity of the system it's on that means it's a bad game? Sounds like graphicswhore talk to me.
>>
>>380559284
Literally no one in this comment chain said that except you.
>>
>>380558445
>4-bit Game Boy game
I'm this guy here>>380558814, the Game Boy was 8-bit.
>>
>>380559630
see >>380557224
>it looks like a bad Playstation 2 game

Sorry that the 3Ds doesn't have at least Gamecube-level graphics, you can only fit so much into a little rectangle.
>>
>>380559998
See >>380557224 >>380559284 >>380559630
You are literally the only one to say it's a bad game because of graphics, he just responded to "it looks like Metroid" with saying he didn't remember Metroid looking like a bad PS2 game.
>>
>>380561216
>looking like a bad PS2 game
>which is graphics
>he is complaining about its graphics being not what he wants it to be
>"hurr nobody said anything about graphics but you"
>except the guy complaining about PS2 graphics

Do you need a flowchart for this, or maybe a puppet show?
>>
>>380542304
Bionic Commando Rearmed looked great and that was 2.5D
>>
I will give it the consideration I feel that it deserves, and right now it looks like a 7/10 game, which is good. That's above average for me.

However, from what I've seen, it's WAY too casual. I'm not letting that go, you can;'t force me to consider casual nature to be good or fun. i need difficulty. I need challenge. I need the game to smash my face open and tell me "GET GOOD". There's no point in playing it otherwise. Clearly a hard mode shouldn't be hard to implement.
>>
i have never played metroid

is it good to start with this one
>>
>>380561412
>"hurr nobody said anything about graphics but you"
Oh, I see, you're just a troll who's going to change sentences in order to create arguments that don't exist. Neat.
>>
>>380562176
No, emulate Super Metroid.
>>
>>380562176
it would be but you should really play
>metroid zero mission(remake of metroid 1)
then
>metroid 3(super metroid)
metroid is is bretty gud if you are not a child(aka you need to git gud)
>>
>>380547174

What the hell are you talking about? I've said time and time again I don't care about graphics, as long as they're functional and not sucking away at the budget. You are delusional man.
>>
>>380562354
>>380562417
ty
>>
>>380562176
While you could start with Metroid 1-3 I recommend you start with Zero Mission then get Samus Returns in September and the Super and Fusion right after to gear you up for Metroid Dread when it comes to the Switch.
>>
>>380562354
>>380562515
Super Metroid is inferior to Zero Mission, play it instead.
>>
>>380562176
if you are looking for challenge, start with Fusion.

It's the hardest in the series, but also the most streamlined, so you can get the most concentrated "Metroid experience" before branching off to the more exploration heavy titles.
>>
>>380535745
>People wanted a sequel to fucking Fusion you massive faggot
I'd rather something that continues the series be done with huge AAA value, not a 2.5D sidescroller.

>But Retro being replaced in a favor of "a talented new team" isn't a good sign.
They are headed by the original Metroid Prime director and I'd rather see Retro do something completely unique with their own talent. They were amazing for Metroid Prime and DK games, but I want them to make their own IP.
I have faith MP4 will be good or at least safe by replicating the core gameplay of the original.
>>
>>380563523
Why not both? And does this make Super Metroid a bad game?
>>
>>380563523
Zero mission sucks dick. It's the best alternative to Metroid but the game is piss easy and the bosses are a pathetic challenge.
>>
It looks great. I'm happy with it and can't way to play it. I'll probably buy two copies.
>>
>>380542304
>2.5D with no AA is always ugly as sin deal with it
ftfy
I do think this game is really cheap looking, I still think it could have been done right in 2.5D. Just not on the 3DS. The 3D rendering on the 3DS is horrible
Guilty Gear and some other 2.5D games look good, but thats because they are smooth and stylistic. If its just 3D assets that look jagged as fuck with fog covering a lot of the background depth, then it looks really cheap.

Speaking of, graphical appeal wise, the new DBZ game is very appealing to the eye. An example of 2.5D done right
>>
File: tumblr_oo5wog7YWJ1v6baxoo1_540.jpg (88KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo5wog7YWJ1v6baxoo1_540.jpg
88KB, 540x810px
>>380545307
>>380545417
>tfw I snagged AM2R before it got taken down and beat it and it was pretty good

The sound quality was kind of all over the place and the mix of old assets with new ones was kind of weird, but it was still a nice experience
>>
File: 325309.jpg (38KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
325309.jpg
38KB, 560x560px
AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO THINKS THIS LOOKS GREAT?

yes, mercurywhatever hacks are developing it, but it still appears as though sakamoto is heading development. i'm confident the game is going to be good, even if the graphics are lacking.

it looks very fast paced and fun to play. that's literally all i could ask for.
>>
>>380568548
No you're not this looks like this will be the shit when it releases this fall. I can't wait to buy it.
>>
>>380532779
I desperately want stock images with famous actors subtly hidden in them.

The guy in the background is clearly Josh Brolin.
>>
File: 1288057379431.jpg (38KB, 238x261px) Image search: [Google]
1288057379431.jpg
38KB, 238x261px
>>380568548
>sakamoto is heading development

That really restores my confidence.
>>
Post yfw there is no shine sparking
>>
Does anyone else think this game looks a tad slow? Was it just the people playing it? 2D Metroid should be fast as fuck.
>>
>>380532098
Kojima created Lords of Shadow. MercurySteam made Light and Shadow, a new IP.
>>
>>380531134
>Just so we're clear here, you faggots ARE going to whine about
how does it feel to be the biggest faggot in your own thread?
>>
>>380531134
>Pointing out valid complaints makes them invalid

You really don't have to shill on Nintendogaf. They'll do it for you.
>>
>>380545953
This guy speaks the truth. MSR is a stepping stone towards Metroid 5, interviews basically confirm that Mercury Steam is being molded and trained to be the next NLG. An average middle tier western developer who they can collab with to create games for them in their own comfort zone, and mercury steam has potential to do something great with Metroid if allowed. If not after or around Prime 4, I can see a game after Fusion somewhere towards the end of Switch's lifetime.
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.