[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Console gamers, please justify paid online to me. I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: untitled.png (390KB, 826x1564px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
390KB, 826x1564px
Console gamers, please justify paid online to me. I can't wrap my head around it.
>>
It looks comfy
>>
>>380525169
They can't. They've gotten to the point where they're just used to it, and are too poor game on PC.
>>
>>380525381
Too poor? It's so much cheaper.
>>
is this comic supposed to be anti pc? if so whoever made it is stupid
>>
>>380525547
it's not
>>
>>380525169
the world is decaying, no one will stop it, paying $10 a month is nothing compared to the greater sadness right around the corner
>>
>>380525547
It's not.
>>
A few PC games require a subscription as well. So it's not like PC isn't dangling his feet into the pool.
>>
File: 1497483936423.png (313KB, 826x1564px) Image search: [Google]
1497483936423.png
313KB, 826x1564px
>>380525169

Fixed that image for you, m8.
>>
>>380525169
Because it's a luxury I want, and they charge money for it. They could charge more for all I care. It's not breaking my bank to afford a luxury.
>>
Microsoft fans, justify the Xbox One X to me. I just don't get it.
>>
>>380526219
Thanks Buckley
>>
Sony jumped in to purify the water by offering consumer friendly rewards like free fucking video games
>>
>>380525454
>$500 every other year for parts upgrades

Even if you steal your games it's not really any cheaper.
>>
>>380525169
It's an overpriced service, meant to make up selling the console at a loss.
Nowadays they attach free shit to it to improve the value proposition.
>>
No hackers
>But I once saw a hacker on a midsummer snow once on xbox!
Better then seeing a hacker once a week.
>>
>>380526783
XBox had been doing that before, and are still doing it. Not to mention they generally have better games. I see PS4 players complaining about it all the time.
>>
>>380525169
I don't pay for it.
>>
>>380526993
Xbox games are shit though, it's not the same
>>
>>380525169
No thirld worlders with 500 ping ruining the online experience for everyone
No hackers / cheaters
Robust online infrastructure
No scammers stealing your accounts
>>
>>380526342
But they're doing nothing. It's all peer to peer so if it does require server space- and I'm guessing it does not- it's dirt cheap to operate.

They're charging you money for it because they can, not because they're actually offering a service for it. They shove peer-to-peer down your throat and mandatory non-dedicated servers which fundamentally doesn't work with some genres.
>>
I pay for PS plus even though I haven't played a multiplayer game in nearly a decade

Ask me anything
>>
>>380527153
They're the same games. The bulk of free games are multiplats. The exclusives you get from XBL are generally classic 360 games, which were already far better than almost anything PS3 ever had to offer.
>>
>>380525992
Games requiring it and the platform requiring it are two completely different things.

Last I checked you have to pay membership to play bf1 online on console, pc is buy it once.
>>
the fact that it gives games now it's worth it on Xbox, but not ps4. $5 on steam only gives you one triple a title from 2007 during a steam sale.
>>
File: 1488692065996.gif (998KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1488692065996.gif
998KB, 500x281px
>>380526932
>being too lazy to find another server is worth $500+
You are not good with money, anon.
>>
>>380527286
I want to play my console games online sometimes. They charge money for me to do that, so I just pay it. That's the extent of my care level. I don't care what it does or doesn't do.
>>
>>380527376
How's the community?
>>
>>380526857
>$500 every other year
lmao spendng 300 bucks on a new card or cpu is something people do like once every 3 years.

Meanwhile you guys pay twice as much for games, and pay like 60-80 bucks a year for online. Not to mention that you have inconsistent libraries since "upgrading" means that you need to keep your old consoles just to play those games.

If I upgrade my pc I don't need to buy "CS:GO remastered for gtx 1000 series"
>>
>>380528026
> Upgrading means keeping old consoles

Not if you're an XBro
>>
>>380525169
It's Unjustifiable. These companies do not spend anywhere near the amount of money they ask you to pay for their service. These services are simply walled garden online plans that store your credit information and account download info. They act as routing points to connect you to other players, and 3rd parties have to pay to use major publishers servers, otherwise they use their own. There is no actual provable justification to paying to use your own internet.
>>
>>380527487
Except honestly, if I could pay $500 to very rarely meet hackers on PC, I would do it as a quality of life upgrade. It's not fun switching servers constantly just because some kid is a faggot.
>>
I can't justify it to you, I just pay it because I want to play online.

I would rather not pay, but then I wouldn't be able to play online. So I do. Plus I get some Free* games for paying, so I guess that makes me feel a bit better.

I don't see why I should be the one justifying it. It's Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo who should be justifying it. I'm not one of their employees, I just use their products.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.