[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In my 20 years on the Internet I have never seen a fandom jerk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

In my 20 years on the Internet I have never seen a fandom jerk off over a fan game as much as I have seen for AM2R. What is it about AM2R that causes people to fetishize it and treat it like a gift from God? I see people saying it's better than any Metroid game Nintendo ever made, I see people talking about it constantly even a year later, I see people acting like Nintendo has to prove themselves worthy of AM2R's quality with Samus Returns. What the fuck is it about this fangame with stolen assets that gives people such thunderous boners? Did it just come out at the right time or something?
>>
>>380522605
Because it was fun
>>
I waited longer for it than people who waited for FFXV
>>
>>380522605
Because it's a passion project made by a big fan of the series that is surprisingly on the same level of a official game. And it was the only good Metroid game in a while.
>>
>>380522605
It's a fan game that:
>it's finished
>doesn't suck
>isn't hard as just for the sake of being hard
>isn't just a room swap
>>
It was a remake on par with Zero Mission that was made by a handful of people and it was the first 2D Metroid we had gotten in over a decade.
Plus, it came at a time when Nintendo should've been celebrating the series's anniversary, but they only thing they did was C&D it.
>>
>>380522605
I can guarantee you that AM2R is better than that shitty 3DS remake Nintendo will fart out.
>>
>>380523372
>Because it's a passion project made by a big fan of the series that is surprisingly on the same level of a official game.

Do you know how many Mario fan games/hacks/mods there are? I never see any of those get treated like an official game by fans.

It got to the point where every time I ranked the Metroid games in my order of personal preference, people would ask me "where's AM2R?" That level of glorification for a fan game is ridiculous and unlike anything I have ever seen before, and there are TONS of fan games based on established properties out there. Hell, there are even other Metroid fan games that are good, yet I never see anyone praise Rogue Dawn.
>>
>>380523828
I want you to find the sharpest object closest to you and shove it in your urethra. Thanks.
>>
>>380522605
>game is actually pretty decent with some care put into it
>not really any other good Metroid fan games, or Metroidvanias in general
>was a remake of a game most people won't play because it was too old but wanted a remake for
>came out right in the middle of "Nintendo hates Metroid" shitstorm with federation force crap pushing everyone to be anti Nintendo and go for the fangame
>>
>>380524190
What a compelling argument.
>>
>>380522605
Have you played it? It's very well designed. It only takes the lead from Metroid 2 and creates pretty much a new game from it. Yes, some of the assets are borrowed including a very, very general map layout, but there was a ton of work put into it by someone who understands the series very well, or at least, understand what people like about it, Super Metroid in particular.

I would have gladly paid $60 for it had it been a retail game. It's every bit as good as you could or should expect form a Metroid game. The fact that it's a fan-made game alone does not diminish its quality. If you think it does, you're just a shiteating corporate tool
>>
>>380522605
Fans were absolutely fucking ravenous for anything resembling a proper Metroid game, AM2R is decent at best but it scratched the itch.

Samus Returns looks better though desu
>>
>It's in english.
>It's a freestanding .exe game
>You don't need to download an emulator, a rom, and a rom patcher, and then pray to god the version of the rom is totally uncorrupted just to play it like a lot of fanhacks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.