[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies like games with pre-alpha graphics, giant empty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: visual_main.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
visual_main.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
Why do normies like games with pre-alpha graphics, giant empty maps, tedious and pointless crafting and survival, and guns?

How are they not bored of this genre after Day Z? These games are boring as fuck and not interesting in any way.
>>
>>380491049
'normies' just play whatever their friends are playing
>>
File: IMG_0252.jpg (69KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0252.jpg
69KB, 600x410px
>>380491049
>PUBG
>Survival
>Crafting
Do some research before you post next time anon
>>
So this is how it is to be a negative piece of shit
>>
>>380491049
doesn't play anything like DayZ

why are you mad that other people are having fun? since when are games about graphics or map density?
>>
>>380491318
What? These games all have this mechanic.
>>
>>380491049

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/visual_main

ban expired OP?
>>
File: 17.png (2MB, 1787x1080px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
2MB, 1787x1080px
>>380491049
bait thread.
>>
>>380491601
I'm confused as to why they keep playing a game that doesn't have interesting mechanics or interesting setting. I want to know what the appeal of these types of games.
>>
File: 1472342535922.jpg (3MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1472342535922.jpg
3MB, 10000x10000px
>>380491652
>>
>>380491652
PUBG literally doesn't have any of those mechanics you daft cunt.
>>
>>380491817
Nope.
>>
How can a game inspired by a mod inspired by a weeaboo Hunger Games ripoff be so fun?
>>
Because these games are compelling to a lot of people, even if you don't like it.

PUBG plays like a quicker and more focused version of Day Z. Nobody really played that game for the zombies, they were always buggy in multiple ways in every iteration of Day Z. People came for the thrill of roaming and looting a giant map, and those short but lethal firefights in between. PUBG speeds up the whole gameplay loop. You get into a game immediately, and as soon as you drop on the ground you get to loot. You encounter other players more often, since the map is smaller and actually designed around 100 players, firefights are still deadly, but the punishment for death isn't as harsh since you can immediately jump into another game. In (mod) Day Z you could lose several hours of progress if you die, in PUBG you only lose around 20 minutes tops. Also you can decide for yourself if you want start away from other players or have firefights the minute you reach the ground.

All in all it's just a more focused, more stable and overall more streamlined version of the parts that made Day Z so famous.
>>
>>380491916
no you don't, you just want to complain about other people being fun

interesting "mechanics" and "setting", i bet you play weeb games don't you? lol

you play games to interact with numbers instead of human beings..lol!!
>>
File: 1478746677697.jpg (92KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478746677697.jpg
92KB, 1000x1000px
>>380492297
>weeaboo Hunger Games ripoff
Anon please
>>
File: IMG_0189.png (181KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0189.png
181KB, 303x311px
>>380491652
>>
>>380492487
I think he meant to say that Hunger Games rips off the Japanese movie Battle Royale.
>>
>>380492340
Thank you for a real answer, I guess it's just a more accessible version of Day Z. My friends have been wanting me to play it lately and I usually don't like games like this. I'll give it a shot.
>>
File: 1496841507687.gif (3MB, 315x242px) Image search: [Google]
1496841507687.gif
3MB, 315x242px
>>380492703
nah dude hungee games did it BIGGER and BETTER you're a weeaboo hipster otherwise
>>
>>380492865
How did Battle Royale rip off something that didn't exist yet?
>>
>>380491916
Because it actually does have both those things. The battle royal concept is extremely entertaining, much better than DayZ and the mechanics and gameplay lead to a lot of interesting scenarios due in part to the added randomness to the maps since every round has different items and different starting points in different locations. And while the setting isn't the most creative it works more than well enough for what this game is trying to be.

The real problem with these types of games is that they're horribly unpolished, horribly buggy and jank, perpetually in early access. Since players are willing to throw their money hand over fist at these early access games companies have no incentive to actually put out a solid, polished shooter that doesn't look like a hamhanded mod of a preexisting military sim. A company like EA or Activision could easily swoop in and make an actual polished battle royale shooter but that would mean taking a modicum of risk and investment, why do that when you can just keep making bi anual sequels to Need for Speed or Star Wars Battlefront 5 or Destiny 2? And you can bet they're going to make confessions to appeal to a wider audience because your average slob gamer isn't going to tolerate losing the vast majority of rounds.
>>
>>380492747
It's the same as like any other battle Royale game but if you like those type it's fun, I just hope it doesn't stay early access forever
>>
>>380494823
>confessions
*concessions
>>
>>380491652
Battlegrounds is purely a battle royale deathmatch. There is no survival or crafting.
>>
>>380491049
>>380491652
Proof that /v/ just hates whatever is popular at the moment without ever playing them or knowing what the game even is.
>>
>>380494823
Also the fact that you don't have to learn anything about the game, nothing to read or master is appealing to some people
>>
>>380492747
Battle Royale and DayZ have nothing to do with each other at all. DayZ is a time investment game, PUBG or Arma 3 br is just 20 minutes of pew pew and you're done.
>>
>>380491049
Why in the fuck do weebs like empty hallways, slow and shallow combat, and characters that look like they're walking on a floating plain of pillows? I will never understand the appeal of JRPGs like Neptunia or Tales of Shit, but I don't make threads about it.
>>
>>380494823
PUBG has weekly patches and a big content/balance patch once a month. Early access is planned for 6 months total, with 8 being the max. Development has been really fast too, they went from doing motion capture for climbing and vaulting to having it ready for the next big patch, over the course of a couple weeks.

PUBG is one of the few examples of early access working (so far).
>>
>>380495350
There are plenty of things to learn about the game. It might not have the same burden of knowledge like DOTA 2 or LOL but to imply PUBG has no depth at all is just flat out false. The real difference is that mastering the game has relatively less impact on your chances of success. You can master everything there is to the game and it is still likely that you will lose most games.
>>
>>380492487
>>380492703
>>380494603
>>380492865
Battle Royale and Hunger Games are both extremely similar to The Running Man. Acting like Battle Royale is original and the inspiration for Hunger Games is retarded when they both probably ripped off King's book.
>>
>>380495763
Who said I play those? Those games are vapid pieces of shit too.
>>
>>380495949
>Early access is planned for 6 months total
No early access game 'plans' on being early access for as long as they do
>>
>>380495949
8 months max in Early Access? I'll believe it when I see it, assuming they don't just take the Early Access label off and abandon the game to move onto the next project. They made what, $60 million in sold copies? For $60 mil they sure as fuck should be patching the game on a regular basis. Because from what I've seen so far the patches have brought the game to somewhat functional to borderline unplayable. It took them ~3 months to add climbing and vaulting, plus a handful of weapons. So far every early access game has ended up the same polish wise and PUBG is no exception.
>>
>>380491049
>tedious and pointless crafting and survival
I love when people shitpost games they know nothing about. It's hilarious because they think they're smart for shitting on a game when they don't even know the basic features of said game. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>380497693
It's especially funny because there's valid criticism of the game to be made, nothing OP said applies though because he's a dipshit.
>>
>>380491049
God I am glad I'm not you
>>
>>380497304
They didn't start on climbing and vaulting until 3 weeks ago, and it looks ready for the next big patch. They have added a new weapon each month, which they mentioned in their plan. The optimization patches have been decent so far, but clearly still has a ways to go. We will see how good the next server optimization patch is.

They have 4 months to add two new maps (there have only been a few map related bugs, so this shouldn't be hard), fix optimization, and add/fix first person only servers (pretty much just need fov slider and a few tweaks). I'm not saying they can't screw it up, but it looks like they will make their 6 month deadline.

Now, whether you think 4 more new guns and 2 more new maps is enough to call it a full game at launch is a different story.
>>
>>380498831
>They have added a new weapon each month
> more new guns and 2 more new maps
That's not something to brag about in a game that was barely playable up until a few weeks ago.

No game released in the state this was in has any right to make $60 million. While it might not be as bad as it was when it first came out, it's still horribly unoptimized. Which is par for the course if you're used to playing early access survival/battle royal games, but its not at all acceptable outside of the genres. I'm not even bothered by the lack of maps, if they add more then great. But maybe they should prioritize fixing their servers or bug fixes like cars clipping through the ground while every 10 seconds on even high end PCs or the memory utilization capping out at over 8GB. I mean what modern game comes anywhere close to maxing out 16GB of RAM? Not even RAGE was that fucking busted.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.