[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spiderman QTEs "meant to punctuate blockbuster moments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: ps4-660x366.jpg (40KB, 660x366px) Image search: [Google]
ps4-660x366.jpg
40KB, 660x366px
Spiderman QTEs "meant to punctuate blockbuster moments rather than define whole sections of the game.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/14/e3-2017-ps4s-spider-man-understands-what-makes-a-great-hero?
How can /v/ ever recover? Nvm that it still looked great despite QTEs, if they actually would have had that the entire game it would even be better but that's just my personal opinion.
>>
>>380487449
>decide to show a section of gameplay that doesnt define entire game in debut gamplay trailer.
Yeah, nah. Insomniac is shaking in their boots.
>>
>>380487449
Spider-Man: Arkham City looked pretty good.
>>
>shitty blackface villain
>miles the nigger spiderman
this game is already sounding disappointing despite the nice graphics and animations
>>
>>380489473
to be fair it looks a little more complex than Arkham. He's not just punching people.
>>
>>380489473
Spider-Man 2 doesn't look good though
>>
>>380487449
There is a big difference between what they say / want, and what the game actually looks like...
>>
>>380490720
>its disappointing cause im a racist
>>
>>380489324
>E3 reveals
>representative of actual gameplay
Welcome to 2011

>>380490720
Miles just showed up at the end. He wasn't Spiderman all along or anything (not sure why it seems to be such a common assumption on /v/)
>>
>>380487449
>its only in the big story missions we swear!

cinematic bullshit is like a cancer. This shit is never benign. It affects every aspect of your game. Web zip is now press r1 to cool parkour over here. No charged jump because it doesnt fit the cinematic look and feel of the game. Combat is now slow mo cool shit. Boss fights turn into dance dance revolution. If you think that QTE shit is confined to main missions and wont affect the rest of the game youre a fool.

Once the cancer metastasizes and kills the game it then spreads to its neighboring games; see other games. God of War is hit with the cinematic child companion last of us cancer.
>>
>>380487449
Treyarch did the same shit 10 fucking years ago with Spider Man 3. Did they not see how that turned out?

Fucking shit man I knew after their previous 2 projects Insomniac fell from grace hard but I didn't know THIS hard.
>>
>>380491286
>e3
>have a chance to show everyoen your game
>dont opt for 10mins of free roaming, crime fighting
>show 10mins of qte

and the audience laps it up. Gamers have no one to blame but themselves. Look at the views that shit has. Its practically them releasing another trailer instead of gameplay.
>>
Did we really need another SM thread?
>>
Too bad they couldn't have the "blockbuster moments" without having to fall back on QTEs, but I guess having actual gameplay during set pieces would have required effort and creativity from the devs that they apparently lack.
>>
>>380487449
After having played the Uncharted and the Batman Arkham series, the new Spider-Man feels like deja vu. Except for the use of environment for combat.
>>
>>380491467
E3 is just a hype-building blockbuster machine & an opportunity for publishers to wank themselves off in front of several million people

Remember when they planned to replace the stage shows with hotel room demos instead? Wasn't that hilarious?
>>
File: butthurt.gif (504KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.gif
504KB, 500x366px
>>380489473
I'll be sure to tell you how good it is when it comes out bro.
>>
>>380492848
>having the player web zip onto the helicopter
>having the player fight the boss on the side of rhe helicopter

too hard, lets just make it a qte
>>
>>380493017
What happened to demos on the floor? Why arent more videos of people free roaming coming out? What kind of games convention has no games for people to play and is instead a bunch of ""gameplay"" videos off a big screen?
>>
>Make a long, elaborate setpiece sequence
>Give player something to do while it plays out
>"WOW, FUCK THIS QTE BULLSHIT"

>Make a long, elaborate setpiece sequence
>It's basically an in-engine cutscene
>"WOW, IS THIS A MOVIE?"
>>
>>380487449
I don't have a PS4 and I was kind of hoping Spiderman would be the game that would push me for it. Can't say E3 left me impressed.
>>
>>380493121
Tell us how you make it gameplay
>>
The swinging is still inferior to a movie game from over a decade ago. Sad!
>>
>>380487449
>Press X to continue watching movie

What's there to recover from? /v/ was right, and the basic combat and stealth looks bamham and easy as hell, not to mention the slanted moonswinging.
>>
>>380494383
>Press X to continue watching movie
If you're want to make a movie we can't stop you, then just let me watch your movie.
>>
>>380494575
>falling crane scene

Player has to web swing over and under it to tie his webs around it to slow it down. player web zip from side to side to create a net to catch it

>helicopter fight
player catches up to chopper, webzip to it and stick on the side and then normal punching and dodging ensues. essentially what was in the qte minus the big flashing icon saying press O and slow mo
>>
File: 1271435610982.jpg (150KB, 701x588px) Image search: [Google]
1271435610982.jpg
150KB, 701x588px
>It still looked great

You have some pretty low standards. It looked the same as literally every other game shown at the whole of E3. Nothing but fucking cut scenes.

I WANT A GAME NOT A GOD DAMN MOVIE
>>
They just ripped off Arkham series the talentless fucks.
>>
>>380494715
Butthurt
Regret for not getting ps4? haha
>>
File: 3108001-0382173777-rNL3e.png (172KB, 433x613px) Image search: [Google]
3108001-0382173777-rNL3e.png
172KB, 433x613px
>people saying this looks like arkham
>not realizing that it's a compliment
>>
It's like this is everyone's first E3. You will never see a long sequence of unscripted gameplay that doesn't end in some cinematic moment at one of these. They're all aimed at the lowest level of consumer to build up hype. That's why there's so many post-E3 downgrades too. Everyone's in an arms race to churn out something that will grab attention. They're never representative of the final product, for all the good and bad that entails.
>>
>>380496203
You do realize that whole game isn't qte or cutscenes. They just wanted to show off
>be this retarded
why even think?
>>
>>380498317
what is your existence like
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.