[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate paid mods this much? Sure, there's no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_1537.jpg (17KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1537.jpg
17KB, 590x332px
Why do people hate paid mods this much? Sure, there's no direct benefit to the consumer, but making these mods "official" will put them through quality control, which will lead to better, more stable mods. Plus, with being paid, modders can devote more resources to mods, which will allow updates to come quicker. Why can't you guys see the bigger picture? This is ultimately a good thing.
>>
Communism is becoming popular among teens/early 20 year olds
>>
File: 8FgPwr4.png (70KB, 214x261px) Image search: [Google]
8FgPwr4.png
70KB, 214x261px
Why are you posting here you shhould be out there buying Skyrim right now
>>
So we get more stable high quality crab armor?
>>
>quality control
>more resources
Literally none of this happened last time they tried paid mods
>>
>>380485660
>quality control
>Bethesda
wew lad
>>
>put them through quality control

Didn't happen the first time
>>
>>380485660
None of these losers have jobs so they won't be able to afford all of the $5 expansions that are the size of Shivering Isles.
>>
>>380485660
ID Software literally did paid mods. It even included some mods as commerial releases.

It's all about implementation. I like the idea of mods getting paid. Problem is Bethesda doesn't give a fuck and modders often use each other's assets. Another problem is without curation some fucker could put a Warhammer 40k or Mass Effect mod for sale, which violates copyright.

Bethesda is setting themselves up for lawsuits up the ass if they aren't careful.
>>
>QC
>Curation
>From people that thought that Horse Armor, Automaton, and the workshop DLCs are good value for money
>>
Yeah, quality control from the same folks who's MAIN GAME FILES require cleaning before you even start the game.

Mite b cool
>>
>>380485660
>Bethesda will get a cut for every mod
>They will even get a cut for player made fixes
>Bethesda finding out that they can now make money off of doing absolutely nothing to fix the game
>Bethesda needs to add even less content, because they can make money off of other players' additions.
>All Bethesda RPGs are not absolutely barebones and only have the most basic features.
>I also bet that they'll have a copyright clause that will have the modder give the rights of their designed weapons, armor and gameplay elements to Beth, so they can just use that shit in later games or DLC without having to pay the developer a dime.
>>
>>380485660
Fuck off Todd
>>
I don't see why people are so mad, they already said you can still make mods for free and upload them on the nexus like always, if you don't like the "official" content just don't buy it, there's still gonna be plenty of free shit
>>
>>380485660
Bethesda are doing this terribly. And people get mad that alot of the mods are stolen from pc.
>>
>>380485660
remember what happened with steam and paid mods?
I aint paying shit for what I can get for free just because some official guy is making sure the game doesn't instantly crash.
>>
>daily reminder that Valve wanted some type of quality control
>daily reminder Bethesda literally threatened to pull out if they tried it

Based on what happened behind the scenes it's clear for some reason Bethesda is actively hostile towards any sort of quality control.
>>
>>380485660
I hate them because they used to be shit you unlocked with cheat codes
>>
/v/ is full of third-world poorfags, absolute scum who thinks their opinions are worth shit at an international stage.
>>
File: 1317522048982.jpg (359KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1317522048982.jpg
359KB, 960x960px
Mods were a mistake.
Who here is a core game puritan who never installs any mods? Feels good being superior
>>
>>380485660

>making these mods "official" will put them through quality control

This is Bethesda, they don't even quality control their own stuff.
>>
Reminder that for a mod to be accepted it will need to be compatible with both PC and consoles without any difference, and be compatible with all the other DLC content and paid mods on the websites
You'll only get new weapon skins, armor and a bunch of new followers
>>
plus having some professionals looking over the stuff makes it automatically more expensive. Someone has to pay for that time. So we pay a shitload of money to safe a few compatibility patches and that is it.
>>
>>380485660
Mods that require multiple other mods to function aren't allowed on the creation club. This gives people incentive to abandon bigger projects and stick to monetizing smaller shittier mods, lowering the overall quality of mods produced as a whole.
>>
File: 1451755882852.gif (706KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451755882852.gif
706KB, 500x281px
>>380485660
holy fuck op are you just naturally retarded or are you being paid to post like a lobotomized fanboy? Bethesda are too lazy and greedy to do any kind of quality control in their fucking base game let alone paid mods. All this will do is saturate the mod scene with shitty reskins of stolen mods.
>>
>>380485660
They already tried this and it failed horribly, here are some reasons why:

Money incentive doesn't actually mean modders will try their hardest to make good mods, it means the exact opposite. We saw this with the mods that were "featured" back when they tried paid modding, shitty overpowered weapon mods, armor mods that weren't modeled properly (first person hands invisible and didn't even fucking work on female bodies).

>Quality control, more stable mods
You fucking wish, Bethesda won't be curating mods, they'll pretend to and give half assed quality assurance.
Remember how when they but in their bethesda net modding system into Fallout 4 there were hundreds of stolen mods? Worse still were the people GETTING DONATIONS OFF OF STOLEN MODS, Bethesda took their sweet ass time trying to fix this problem and even then it's still happening.

>>380487386
Also this, not only because of the compatibility issue but because there won't be a script extender, or the possibility of bashed patches, or any skyproc patches for that matter, hell no sexlab. No actually worthwhile mods like Skyui, Frostfall, etc. instead you'll get fucking KEYBLADE WEAPON PACK and similar garbage mods.
>>
File: 1496697480951.jpg (30KB, 813x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496697480951.jpg
30KB, 813x640px
>>380485660
>but making these mods "official" will put them through quality control
It's Bethesda, anon. They can't even quality control their own games worth shit, and I doubt they'll give better treatment to an endless slew of fan content. If anything this will let them get away with even more laziness in their games.

>Plus, with being paid, modders can devote more resources to mods,
I can guarantee you most modders aren't going to be the kind of teams where salaries would come up. It's gonna be easy skins for quick bucks and copying (or even stealing) whatever is popular, knowing this is something many people regularly downloaded by the HUNDREDS when free. Also all copyrighted, sexual and """problematic""" material will be denied by default, and have fun if console-limitations are implemented as well.

>Why can't you guys see the bigger picture?
DLC, Microtransactions, Season Passes, etc. already showed us the "big picture" of a good idea being stretched into a horrible, content-denying process used only to siphon millions out of goyim. It's the only reason Bethesda is doing this, and you know it.

At best, larger overhaul-sized mods ruled out via "rooms" not using a specific majority of the game's assets would be something worth spending money on. Cashing in on every mod possible only destroys the already-working community. Capitalism may beat the shit out of Marxism, but it begins falling apart once everything down to breathing costs dollars.

>>380485985
>"if you're not for full exploitative Corporatism, you support Communism!" strawman
Nice one.
>>
>>380487678
Wait, does that include script extenders and UI mods, too? Because if so, that really limits it to armor, weapons, houses, etc.
>>
>>380485660
>quality control
>Bethesda

You see, if it was any other publisher and game studio, this wouldn't be an issue. But this is the studio that gave us Horse Armor for 2.99 while not fixiing any of the game breaking bugs that have been present for 10+years.

Why should I expect any kind of quality? Not to mention the problem of consoles with regards to how much your mod file size can be. You want a big collection of weapons and armor like Hoth's collection? Too bad, that is a 3 gig file, too much for Sony and Microsoft. It gets broken up into smaller chunks to nickle and dime you to death. Oh, you wanted a big mod like Legacy of the Dragonborn? Also too big for them. Face it, the only thing this system will have to show for it is small one shot re-skinned things and maybe a small quest mod that doesn't add too many assets or additional voiced lines to the game.
>>
>>380487313
why would you do that to yourself?
I mean playing without mods
>>
>>380488419
Correct
>>
>>380488419
Of course, script extenders are a third party resource, UI mods however could still exist, I mean there's a version of skyui that doesn't require skse, but other than that yeah the only mods that will come out are small shit mods.

Also houses wouldn't even be that popular either because all of the good house mods have advanced scripting that requires skse as well.
>>
File: mods.jpg (994KB, 1500x1153px) Image search: [Google]
mods.jpg
994KB, 1500x1153px
Why do people hate this?

>Is this paid mods?
>No.

>How do I get creation club content?
>Creation Club is available via in-game digital marketplaces in both Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition and purchased with Credits.

If you have to lie and spin technicalities to try and trick people, you MIGHT be in the wrong.
>>
>>380485660
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>380485660
Mods don't need quality control because they're a free product. Additionally, companies like Bethesda are hardly capable of real quality control in the first place. The attractiveness of mods is their unrestricted freedom and the ability to have as many - or as few - as you like. Putting a price tag on mods completely guts their modability.
>>
Because the only mods I care for won't be possible in this creation club.
>Loli/Shota sex slavery and cannibalism
>>
>>380487386
>new followers

Nope, because they have to localize all audio/text and it'd cost too much to have multiple VAs voice a character.
>>
>>380489396
Try installing a mod into yourself to take some of that edge off
>>
File: hq720[1].jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hq720[1].jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>380489692
no need for that senpai
>>
File: 1462212242763.jpg (221KB, 784x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1462212242763.jpg
221KB, 784x1000px
>>380485660
It's an ethics issue for me. Mods have always been free for Bethesda games and I've always loved the modding community ever since the days when Nexus Mods was just TES Nexus for Morrowind and Oblivion. Seeing Bethesda shoving their greedy corporate hands into something that was always a nice little community full of people who made mods just because they loved doing it is really sad. Now it's being commercialized and put on consoles to be sold to idiots who don't even know what an Elder Scrolls Plugin is.
>>
>QC
>from the developers of Fallout 4
>>
>>380489918
That's like, a replacer mod, meaning all mudcrabs will look like that.
>>
>>380490228
really? I thought it was a companion since you see it spawning in front of the player in the trailer and it looks friendly
>>
>>380485660
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>380485660
>bethesda
>quality control
>stable
OP's funny.
>>
File: protip from sudoku samurai.png (145KB, 504x312px) Image search: [Google]
protip from sudoku samurai.png
145KB, 504x312px
>Bethesda can't even be bothered to fix their own game, and needs a minimum of 20 gigs of player patches to be playable
>purposely allowed paid mods on consoles which actively bricked them because they can't into Q&A testing
>"they'll enact quality control, we promise guys"
>>
File: 1493427247450.png (292KB, 735x722px) Image search: [Google]
1493427247450.png
292KB, 735x722px
>>380485660
I hate the way it's implemented If Bethesda/Zenimax and Valve wasn't getting a cut i'd be okay with it but the way these companies are trying to capitalize on other people's work and naivete is just the worst. like imagine if something like an unofficial update was a paid mod it'd be Bethesda making money off of other people fixing their mistakes
>>
>>380487786
T h i s
h
i
s

Installing all the mods I can as we speak - who knows what the future holds - but shit ain't looking bright.
>>
File: 1468168597195.jpg (69KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1468168597195.jpg
69KB, 800x587px
>>380485660
>Sure, there's no direct benefit to the consumer, but making these mods "official" will put them through quality control, which will lead to better, more stable mods.
Bethesda can't even make stable and better games, what makes you think they will do so with mods?
>Plus, with being paid, modders can devote more resources to mods, which will allow updates to come quicker.
You have to be sarcastic or you are really retarded and naive.
>Why can't you guys see the bigger picture? This is ultimately a good thing.
yes goyim! buy all those DLCs and paid content to fix a game that should have been fixed! fuck off jew
>>
>>380485660
>Why do people hate paid mods this much? Sure, there's no direct benefit to the consumer

Because there's direct harm to the consumer AND the modding community just so bethesda can line up their pockets more efficiently.

Now take your shilling somewhere else.
>>
>>380485660
>no direct benefit to the consumer
that's why
>>
The goal is to destroy the modding community.
>>
>>380486983
but less people will be making free mods and instead be busy shitting out half assed 1$ mods contantly
>>
>>380485660
>Why do people hate paid mods this much? Sure, there's no direct benefit to the consumer
Answered your own question right here.
>>
Here I am just annoyed that now I have to pirate both the game and the mods. jeez.
>>
>10 years ago free mods allowed things like warcraft dota CS to become actual games
>things like this will never happen again as you have to pay for mods now
>>
>Make a shitty unfinished game for years
>"It's OK after we release an unfinished turd the modders will develop the game for us for FREE LOL"
>Wait you mean we can actually still make money from not working on the game?
>>
>>380485660
90% of mods worth installing are dependent on other mods, paid mods will break the collaborative nature of the community and raise the barrier for entry for new modders. The free modding community will get suffocated and paid mods will have to be simplistic to avoids dependencies.
The only way to avoid that is for Bethesda to make the modding tools like skse and fnis and ban dependencies in creation club, which will only draw people away from making ambitious free mods so they can sell player homes and fishing rods for Bethesda.
>>
>>380486573
M8 these losers are the people who make the mods, if they can't afford all the $5 expansions they aren't going to make mods
>>
>>380485660
Do you know why good mods exist? Because people like to make them. It's a hobby for them, not a job.
If you turn it into a job the passion will fade and you will get low-effort cash grab mods that no one wants. Why put effort into a good mod when you can make a dozen shitty ones and make more money?
>>
AT FIRST I WAS A BIT SKEPTICAL ABOUT
>>
>>380485660
They don't like the idea of spending money, and/or they believe that the product isn't "good enough" to purchase.
>>
>>380485660
obvious shill, but my response to this would be, what makes you think that modders need you to make sure their mods run great and with other mods? Also, they get paid from ads from the sites that host their mods anyways. They start their own sites and could have a Patreon or whatever. This is a shit """"""""""""""club"""""""""""" and once it fails you guys will know why
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.