[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else think a Nintendo-Microsoft merger/collaboration would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: XboxSwitch.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XboxSwitch.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone else think a Nintendo-Microsoft merger/collaboration would be a good thing?

>Microsoft has great hardware and a great ecosystem, but weak first party output
>Nintendo has fantastic first party output, but a bad ecosystem and weak hardware (Switch is actually alright for a hybrid, but you know what I mean)
>Console with good Western (Xbox) and Japanese (Nintendo) support
>Financial backing from one of the biggest companies in the world
>Phil Spencer is probably smart enough to let Nintendo's studios operate independently

It seems like it would solve both of their problems.
>>
Microsoft would run it into ground like everything else.
>>
>>380476979
No
>>
>>380476979
no
>>
Good idea in theory for the reasons you mentioned but would be a disaster if they actually tried it. Its not practical or realistic from a business or logistical stand point.
>>
>>380476979
Yes, Halo/Metroid crossover.
>>
>>380476979
It seems like a good idea on paper, but last time this happened PS1 was born.
>>
Nintendo doesn't need MS and if anything would be hindered by then. Nintendo's business decisions and marketing strategies may make both fans and critics upset here, but that's because they don't know how Nintendo works. Nintendo does not need MS. Even when dragged down by a complete failure of a home console that was outsold by the Vita and nearly the Dreamcast, they managed to turn a profit almost every quarter. The games they publish (and the ones they don't publish) are usually successful. Every time someone on here starts talking about what Nintendo NEEDS to do/make, they're literally wrong. This included all the people that scream for Mother sequels or wanted a Metroid game earlier.

Nintendo doesn't bleed money from production and doesn't have an issue marketing that MS can fix.
>>
>>380476979
Microsoft is a service provider that makes money from royalty fees when people sell something on their platform.
Nintendo is a publisher that leverages their personal console ecosystem to sell massive amounts of games across their brands.
They're two entirely different and uncomplimentary business models. As soon as Nintendo starts publishing on Xbox third parties get furious at the competition. The hardware is also not a flaw. Everyone else is developing 100 million dollar games because of the powerful hardware, while Nintendo is still happily spending 25-50 million per game.
>>
>>380476979
Nintendo might be the weaker of the big 3 but they still have a solid role in the market. If worse ever came to worse and they left the console market I would want Nintendo to do what Sega did and make games for all platforms over getting tied down to any one company.

The return of Nintendo and Rare working on one console would be pretty fucking hype tho
>>
>>380479528
This
Nintendo lets MS borrow Samus in exchange for Banjo
>>
Nintendo and Microsoft have been doing well since long time... we're just good brothers, but nothing else. Both companies' target audiences are very different.
>>
>>380479528
>>380481841

You know I think having a cross game from two console manufactorers would be so fucking nice.

Let´s think Sega is still in the business just think of Sega x Mario. With two games where you play on your sega console as sonic and on your nintendo console as mario.
>>
>>380476979

It seems like you literally think the reason Nintendo systems aren't as powerful as MS or Sony systems is because they can't afford the tech.

No, dummy, it's because when you're tech is borderline indistinguishable from the competition the only way you're going to win is with sheer marketing and moneyhatting. Nintendo thinks this strategy is bullshit, and it especially wouldn't work for them because their personnel count is very small. Nintendo grow slowly but surely, MS and Sony grow quickly but haphazardly.

It's a fundamental difference in business strategy.
>>
>>380476979
>Merging Nintendo with a cancer

Only an Xfag would think this is a good idea.
>>
>>380476979
Yes but Microsoft and Sega would have been better but I don't think Japanese law allows a foreign investor to own a Japanese company.
>>
>>380476979
Sounds nice on paper but it might not work. Still, stuff like >>380479528 Sounds cool. It would probably suck though.
>>
>>380486405
>It would probably suck though
Oh man. :(
But god I would love to Samus and Master Chief kicking alien ass together in space. I'm so excited both Halo and Metroid are returning to their roots.
>>
>>380476979
Id rather nintendo sony, as they are the only two who actually produce anything of worth
>>
>>380487115
>sony
Yeah I'm sure the press x to win company is capable of producing something worthwhile. Not Microsoft the company that makes ACTUAL VIDEO GAMES.
>>
>>380476979
A crossover game with Mario and the Chief available on Switch/Xbox one would be amazing.
>>380487115
Nintendo and Sony hate each other. The reason Sony backed out of cross-play was because of Nintendo.
>>
Nope. Microsoft focuses more on home consoles and theater experiences. Home consoles are pretty dead in Japan and if they were to merge and keep the Xbox name over Nintendo [Whatever] it'd sell like shit in Japan. If they did the reverse and call it the Nintenbox One Two Switch it "Could" work out, however sales data seem to show that Japan doesn't care too much for most Western style fps games which is a very large majority of the Xbox games.

If Nintendo HAD to merge they'd be better off with Sony. That ain't happening either. Especially with Sony only staying afloat due to some insurance shit. Actually why is Nintendo the only vidya console maker that is in 0 trouble, yet people constantly shout Nintendoomed?
>>
>>380487115
>Sony
Lol.
>>
>>380476979

With Phil Spencer on board it could be the greatest combo imaginable for consolefags
>>
>>380488271
>Not Microsoft the company that makes ACTUAL VIDEO GAMES.

What games? steam is the king of indie games so what's for microsoft then?
>>
>>380491491
Halo
>>
Microsoft can't deal with the Eastern market, would be great for the West but beyond retarded. Japan would never let a foreigner take over their company, you don't understand Japanese businessmen at all.
>>
>>380476979
somehow, when they announced crossplay between XBone, PC, and the Switch, I kinda had an image of Microsoft and Nintendo teaming up together against Sony
but as a Nintendofanboy, I wish that Nintendo will stay independent in the future
>>
>>380476979
Only because it would make sony.ggers angerier.
>inb4 they start ranting incoherently about how nintendo is for kids etc etc
>>
>>380491491
Halo, Crackdown, Gears, Forza, Recore, Sea of Thieves, Killer Instinct, Lucky Tale, Ori. These are actual video games my friend
>>
>>380476979
I've never seen something good come out of Microsoft acquiring a dev, why would this be any different? They're just bleed them dry.
>>
>>380481275
They also have the strongest IPs.
>>
>>380495071
That goes without saying
>>
>>380476979
nope. Look what they did with Rare, and Sega to some extent. They would run every franchise into the ground.
>>
>>380476979
They tried to once but Nintendo quickly declined on the offer a long while back.
>>
>>380476979
Merger? Absolutely not. A collaboration project might be really fucking cool, though.
>>
File: IMG_20170124_103803_BURST003.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170124_103803_BURST003.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>380478162

This.

Remember how great Rare was when they were producing for N64? Then MS bought them and 99% of their games sucked from that point on
>>
>>380476979
I think that after Xboxonex flips and crashes Microsoft is going to pull out of consoles.
>>
File: IMG_0016.jpg (60KB, 648x836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0016.jpg
60KB, 648x836px
>>380476979
Fuck no
>>
>>380476979

Fuck off to your $500 brick Xcuck.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.