[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will Nintendo monkey-paw this? My guess is it will be a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon.png (41KB, 888x269px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.png
41KB, 888x269px
How will Nintendo monkey-paw this?

My guess is it will be a rom called Pokemon Red DX or a Sun/Moon port only playable in handheld mode.
>>
>>380468804
New game. No more two versions.
>>
Stadium/Gale of Darkness-esq title
>>
>>380468804
Pokemon dating sim
>>
>>380468917
I would consider that a good thing
>>
>>380468804
>How will Nintendo monkey-paw this?
Doesn't Game Freak make the RPG games?
>>
File: 1444364700759.png (400KB, 450x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444364700759.png
400KB, 450x720px
>>380469230
>>380468917
I was just thinking how this would work. instead of each version having set pokemon, what if each save file created a random set of pokemon from the entire pool of pokemon created thus far?

Obviously you wouldnt be encountering Dratini's right outside the home town, but if each route had a large pool of appropriate pokemon, that way no two playthroughs are generally the same and it still encourages trading despite there only being one version.
>>
>>380468804
Hard reboot.

Timeline reset. No more Kanto, Unova, Alola. It's fucking Earth now.

Japan is pretty much Gen 1-4 squished into one region.

Unova is no longer New York but the entire fucking United States, bar Alaska and Hawaii

Kalos isn't France. It's all of Europe now.

The only thing that doesn't change are character designs.
>>
They will fuck up the name and we will never be able to talk about it, again.
>>
>>380468804
Pokemon (Tempest-Tamers)
abbr. Pokemon (T-T)
Sequel to Pokemon XD
>>
File: 1465089565772.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465089565772.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>380468804
I'm betting on a reboot of the series, kind of like the new movie. I wouldn't mind it desu.
>>
>>380469664
Pokemon KEK incoming
>>
>>380468804
>2017
>still mixing nintendo and game freaks when it comes to concept, development, announcement time and release time of pokémon games
>>
Does the dock give any information to the Switch? I was wondering if it would be technologically possible to have the game require multiple docks to evolve certain pokémon or unlock certain features
>>
>>380469545
Thats actually want they wanted to do in 1990.

And rare mirage monsters. Either via the serial code of the game or your name generating random pokemon. You can see a leftover in the missingno glitch.
>>
File: 1345746063384.gif (3MB, 167x190px) Image search: [Google]
1345746063384.gif
3MB, 167x190px
>>380470238
> I was wondering if it would be technologically possible to have the game require multiple docks to evolve certain pokémon or unlock certain features
>>
>>380468917
They would lose money if they only released one game. Also, how good is GF with console games? I mean, a console games takes much more effort.
>>
>>380468804
>monkey-paw
stop confusing monkey paws with genie wishes
monkey paws are something happens in a way that seems like a coincidence
genie wishes are you get what you want but with an unforeseen consequence
>>
>>380468804
They don't need to monkey paw anything, it's a Gamefreak game on new hardware, their competence will take care of everything
>>
>>380470831
They did console and still do.
>>
>>380469176
not made by GF
>>380469482
yes
>>
>>380468804
1. The majority of pokemon after gen 1 are retconned away and never spoken of again.
2. All types become equally strong.
3. Mega evolutions are removed, instead introduce 2nd stage evolutions.
4. EVs can only be gained during levels you are surpressing your pokemon's evolution.
>>
>mainline RPG game
>it's reimagined to have ni no kuni style gameplay
pls
>>
>>380470238
No and that's an awful idea
>>
>>380468804
Pokemon X SMT
>>
>>380468804
It'll just be Gen VIII. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>380470854
but thats wrong, you mong
>>
It either gen 8 with 3d models and random encounters removed or a stadium game
>>
>>380473997
>stadium
He said core rpg. Maybe you could guess something like Colosseum or Gale of Darkness, but neither were developed by gamefreak, so gen 8 is pretty much a given.
>>
>>380470854
But in the Monkey Paw short story, the only wish we see happen results in the death of their son. It is explicitly described as a punishment created by a priest to show only God's plan can control fate.
>>
>>380473926
no I'm not, the book even says as much

the first wish was a wish for money, and the man who made the wish comes to find out his son has been killed in an industrial accident and he receives 50k In insurance money
was it the paw or coincidence?

the second wish was for his son to come back to life.
later he awakens late at night to the sound of loud rapping on his front door.
is it simply the wind blowing from the storm outside rattling? is it a lost traveler stuck in the rain looking for directions or refuge until the storm clears? is it his deceased son returned from the grave?
we never find out because he is too paralyzed with fear to answer the door
so was it the monkey paw or just a coincidence he had a visitor?

the story ends as he makes his 3rd wish, we never learn what the 3rd wish was either.

The whole point of the story isn't the moral of "be careful what you wish for" There was no ethical moral offering advice, it was a pure work of fiction meant for the reader to determine whether the paw was magical or if it was the overactive imagination of a man experiencing coincidental events

/lit/
>>
>>380475314
the paw didn't have a rule book attached to it. The "magic" paw had legends surrounding it, that doesn't mean they are true. That's the point
is the paw really magic or was his sons death an unfortunate coincidence

people have this innate ability to find themselves responsible for things they really had no way of controlling. "if only I had done this! or I hadn't done this! everything would be fine" That's what the story plays upon, that unsureness people feel about their actions when something bad happens
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.