[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first introduction to Monster Hunter and how well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

What was your first introduction to Monster Hunter and how well did you do?

For me it was the 3U demo. This guy made me eat all my potions and I nearly timed out lol! I used SnS.
>>
>>380452045
Monhun tri back when all I had was a wii. Loved it, went on to play every other game I could emulate.

I only got up to barioth when I first played it before getting distracted by something else. Never did finish it in the end once I had a way to play and finish portable third
>>
My first MH introduction was on 4u, but shortly after the person that introduced me made me play MH1 with them, we did play it, I enjoyed myself despite all the clunkyness, then we moved to mhfu, mh4u
I don't know why we skipped 3u
>>
>>380452045
Tri and I got raped endlessly by the great Jaggi for some reason. I guess I barely understood the controls beside mashing one button to attack. Im pretty sure I never struggled with the rest of the franchise nearly as much as I did with that first Jaggi.
>>
MHF PSP
chief SnS was great
>>
>faggots tri and 4u fags

lol
>>
monster hunter freedom 1 on PSP
>>
>>380452045
MH for PS2

Bought it because I liked the cover. Got stuck for over a month trying to beat the Kut-Ku. I dropped the game after the super cancerous "transport 2 Rath Eggs to the camp" quest. Never played online on that one since I didn't know how to set up a connection on my PS2.

Skipped every PSP game and Dos (was sad when I heard it's not being localized), permanently returned to the series with Tri and never looked back.
>>
FU, and i was completely bored by the first few missions. Only like after a few months did i go back to it willing to give it another chance and i was hooked. Solo'd pretty much all of it except the white fatty if i remember correctly. Never got into 3 much since at that point i was super burned out on MH, and only went back to it with 4
>>
>>380452045
First game was Tri, but I didn't really play it past the first few missions since I didn't own it. Then I bought Generations and spent a lot of time having my face kicked in by the Great Maccao.
>>
>>380452045
MH1 in ps2, lance was fucking op
>>
Monster Hunter demo disc that came with Devil May Cry 3.
Didn't really get heavily invested in the series until FU though, where I did terribly for a long time until I finally learned how to into combat, picked Gunlance and stuck with it ever since.
>>
>>380452045
Freedom Unite demo on the PSP, I'd never heard of MH and thought it looked cool so I downloaded it. I loved it and eventually got the full game, I wasn't very good at it though and I didn't get particularly far. I remember thinking how I thought the combat was slow and clunky, I would get frustrated with it sometimes but there was something really satisfying about it too.
>>
File: 1496281784037.jpg (252KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
1496281784037.jpg
252KB, 792x612px
>>380452045
I remember watching the ads for tri and getting super excited. My brother said "don't get it, it's only boss fights", I got it and was extremely disappointed with all the fetch quests and shit.
When I fought the great jaggi for the first time, I fell in love with the franchise. Have been playing ever since.
>>
Bought Monster Hunter on PS2 because it was advertised as a spiritual successor to PSO
>>
>>380454718
>I remember thinking how I thought the combat was slow and clunky

FU's combat WAS slow and clunky, the thing that made all the difference though was that eventually you learn to work around or with the clunkiness and then suddenly it didn't feel so slow any more.
>>
MHF2, though I didn't really get into too much until MHFU came out.
>>
>>380452045
MH for PS2. I didn't even buy it, i had a cracked PS2 and my dad randomly downloaded this one off the internet.

I immediately loved it and played the shit out of it, even online (since back then the PS2 had to online protection from cracks)

I remember my first LaoShan hunt very fondly.
Never got to hunt the fatalis though.
>>
>>380452045
MHF, then played all the PSP ones. Haven't been back in a while. Bow is so fun I hope it's less shit for solo now
>>
>>380452045
MHF on PSP

Played the shit out of every single one up until generations. Dropped it after finishing the "story quests"

Fuck Hunter Arts, I hope world saves the franchise.
>>
File: DSC_0448.jpg (479KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0448.jpg
479KB, 1080x1920px
>>380452045
MH1
>>
File: Box_Art-MH1.jpg (74KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
Box_Art-MH1.jpg
74KB, 500x635px
>>380452045
MH1
I actually gunned back in the 1stGen. The longsword in Dos enticed me to get into blademaster but I didn't get into it until Land of Tremors in F2 gave me trouble.
>>
>>380455689
Oddly enough, MGSPW. Got interested in it and went to play every title I could get my hands on.

I did get a fetish for Felynes though
>>
>>380452045
mh3 on the ds

I started with BIG SWORD and hated it. Switched to hammer. Hammer is love, hammer is life.
>>
Monster Hunter on the PS2, my copy os straight from Blockbuster. I had rented it for 3 days but kept it for 2 straight months and by the time I returned it they just sold it to me.
Onlinr was fucking great, although I was only good with HBowgun when I got to High Rank.

I didn't play Monster Hunter again till Tri on the Wii and haven't played since the servers went down.
>>
Renting the ps2 Monster Hunter at blockbuster.
I was young, didn't quite understand it, but it set a fire in my soul.
>>
A bunch of dorks were huddled up on a bench playing MHFU at my school, they got me hooked into it
>>
MHF on psp, didn't know or understand jack shit about most of the mechanics in the game and exclusively used the great sword the whole time, just had fun playing it. Been kinda winging it ever since, I didn't look up body part or elemental weaknesses on monsters, little to no preparation for quests, though I think because of that, I learned how to be more or less competent with gs when I finally experienced online play in mh4u.
>>
The feeling that comes from landing a fully charged slash with a GS on a monster that's running at you is something that changed me when it first happened. I imagine that hammerbros feel something similar.
>>
>>380452045
Freedom Unite. Tried to kill that Tigrex and left him alone because the GS couldn't even touch him. It was fun
>>
Freedom 2 and Unite on PSP, didn't play any monhun since, but considered getting 3ds for 4U
>>
3U on Wii U. Started Bow & Arrow. I remember timing out on 2 consecutive Guild Rathian hunts, and wondering what the fuck I was doing wrong. Great times.
>>
File: 73c.png (235KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
73c.png
235KB, 500x488px
Monster Hunter Freedom (european version of Monster Hunter Portable)
My dad bought me it when it came out in Europe in 2006 (I was a kid at the time). I didn't know anything about the game, I only had read a preview on a magazine with a few images (I still clearly remember me staring at a Velocidrome picture for entire minutes, thinking that was the coolest game I had ever saw).

When I first played the game, everything was ok, until I get to the first Kut-Tu in the jungle. I don't know why (probably because I was a little noob shit), but that fucking wywern kicked my ass many times. I dropped the game, disappointed.
Some months later, I picked up the game again, with a new character and I tried to kill the Kut-tu. After a few tries, I finally figured out the basic mechanics of the game and how I was supposed to move and dodge attacks. I killed that bastard and continued to play. I completed the game and completly felt in love with the series.
>>
>>380452045
I started with Tri I can't really remember the details since it was so long ago, but I had fun. I got FU later because I wanted more MH.
>>
Freedom 2. Everything went pretty well until I had to hunt tigrex, then I learned the hard way that some monsters are easier with certain weapons.
>>
Started with tri and only used greatsword, and I only used the wide swing+backwards swing combo, I don't know how I ever had fun that way but I made it to hr 80 within the year I bought it. That game felt so magical, everything was so big and overwhelming, also, I was always a sucker for soundtracks, even back then.
>>
File: 1491729100762.jpg (200KB, 720x774px) Image search: [Google]
1491729100762.jpg
200KB, 720x774px
Frontier
it caught my eye way way back when it was being shilled on /v/ and since it was (free) I decided to have a go at it
Having to wade through gook runes didn't discourage me in the slightest. What did discourage me was being told that I'd be grinding Rathians endlessly to get anywhere so I dropped that. Then I dug out my sister's PSP that she never used, grabbed FU, and the rest is history.
>>
File: 1473905268497.png (77KB, 198x315px) Image search: [Google]
1473905268497.png
77KB, 198x315px
>>380452045
A bunch of guys in high school we're playing together with their PSPs and when I looked over to see what they were playing they were fighting this fuckhuge monster in a desert. It was love at first sight, I picked up the first Freedom game later that same day and played a good chunk of it with mainly using the sns. Got a summer job to get Freedom Unite and played the shit out of that game and getting enamored with the longsword. I've been loving this series ever since, currently in the middle of working my way up in generations.
>>
>>380459813
Same man, it was like an advert in the way the group I saw was discussing their roles and the monsters state and who was placing traps and what bullets the gunner carried. I couldn't not fall in love with it
>>
>>380452045
Snowbaron wasn't in 3U faggot
>>
>>380452045
Got Tri on Wii. Hated everything of it untill I got to Great Jaggi. Then loved the shit out of it.
Got Ultimate on WiiU and never felt again a videogame experience like Monster Hunter. I'm tempted to get the new on if I ever get a Switch but I have read here that the game changed quite a lot. Is it true?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.