[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the idea of paid mods or some way to allow for paid mods totally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: paidmods.jpg (33KB, 620x322px) Image search: [Google]
paidmods.jpg
33KB, 620x322px
Is the idea of paid mods or some way to allow for paid mods totally without merit?

Would there be a system that you would be okay if one could donate or pay for a mod if the modder so sets it?
>>
Contrary to religious dogma, people who are passionate about money want to get it for doing the least amount of work possible. Good work only comes from people who are passionate about the work itself, and only have money as a secondary or tertiary drive. This is the real reason paid mods are a bad idea, and why there can be no compromise.
>>
It's not without merit but it's completely flawed. The reason mods have flourished is they are all open source by definition so all mod devs are able to piggy back off each other's code and learn from one another. This becomes completely inverted when money becomes involved and the lawyers and red tape come up.

The only way paid mods of any kind can work is if they're entirely limited to models, otherwise it will always turn into a cluster fuck.
>>
Creation Club is a foundation for future TES and Fallout titles where you can only add a mod that is approved from the Creation Club.
>>
>>380450849
this system has been in place for a LONG time on nexus mods
>>
File: 1338769508873.png (20KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1338769508873.png
20KB, 560x407px
>>380450849
Mods are a work of passion. Big companies acting as the middleman to sell homemade modifications to their own product is something unprecedented in business, which leads me to believe that it's an idea doomed to fail for one reason or the other. Someone has had to try this model before video games and shit obviously didn't fly.
>>
I think that there is space for money to be changing hands for people other than the games main developers making game content, but I think it has to be far closer to proper game development than mods.

What they should do is speak to modders and/or people who want to get into the industry, and offer them a living wage and training. With a proper company backing them up, and professional training and supervising, then Bethesdas own staff doing the QA (yes, I realise >Bethesda QA), I think it would be perfectly reasonable to have these be sold rather than given free.

Make it clear to the consumer that these are non-major DLCs/expansions created by fledgling developers, and it will mean they can be much more free form with it too.
>>
File: 3251978189573857.gif (464KB, 396x178px) Image search: [Google]
3251978189573857.gif
464KB, 396x178px
>>380450849
Considering bethesda/steam will never have the quality control required to run a project like this is can -never- work.

Shills trying to claim otherwise are just that, shills.
>>
If we are going to be paying for mods I want only top quality shit
>Easy download, no more sketchy file transfering
>No bugs, make it to where it won't crash or lower my framerate, also paid mods must be compatible with other paid mods
>Wll thought out and produced mods, like unique animations, sounds, etc.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.