[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best AssCreed game, /v/? The definitive experience.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1200px-Assassin's_Creed_Logo.png (75KB, 1200x576px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Assassin's_Creed_Logo.png
75KB, 1200x576px
What's the best AssCreed game, /v/? The definitive experience.
If someone were to play just one game out of the entire series, which one would you recommend?
>>
I am the only human being on this planet who will tell you this, but I think 3 is the rounder experience.
>>
>>380448825
Splinter Cell
>>
>>380448945
Don't listen to this faggot, 3 was utter shit
>bland mc
>shit combat got even shittier
>garbage story
>bland empty world
What could've been. Play the ezio arc
>>
>>380448825
2 is objectively the best

if you disagree you're a dumb nigger
>>
Brotherhood is pretty good, but if you haven't played AC2 you'll be a bit out of the loop and there's less going on story-wise.
>>
The new one is literally BotW, so that one.
>>
>>380449775

Pleb.
>>
brotherhood
>>
>>380448825
2 or Brotherhood I guess
2 had a better story, atmosphere and was in general always more enjoyable for me, but Brotherhood is probably a better representation of series as a whole. It's a direct continuation of 2 though, so you'll be missing a lot of both stories if you decide to start with it
>>
File: 3712019457623.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3712019457623.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkUfTArwlS4
>>
>>380448825
I'd say AC 1 or 2, realistically those are the best in the series
>>
>>380450127
Is 2 a direct sequel to 1, or is it its own thing?
>>
Black Flag
>>
>>380448825
I'd reccomend IV: Black Flag

It's a horrible AC game, but that ship to ship combat is something else

Brotherhood is probably the best pure AC game though, and the multiplayer is actually pretty fun, it's hide and go seek where everyone is it
>>
AC 4
>>
>>380450289
Continuation of Desmond's story but you play as another ancestor.
>>
>>380450289

The modern plot is a direct sequel but the plot in the past is like 300 years later then AC1.
>>
>>380450289
The modern world story is a continuation of 1. The ancestor's story is a brand new one, with some minor references. The ancestor's story is the majority of the actual game, but the modern story is also quite interesting on its own, especially if you bother to quit Animus regularly and talk to characters and if you're into conspiracy theories stuff.
>>
2 and brotherhood both need to be played together and are the definitive experience and if you want to see the end of ezios story play revelations. Black flag might be the best game but it's a lot different to the other ones
>>
>>380450289
To be 100% honest you can probably skip AC1, it really hasn't aged well and it isn't needed for any of the ezio games. There is a story outside of the ancestors but it isn't that good and means nothing after 3
>>
>>380450156
Assassin's Creed, what have you become.
>>
>>380448825

You can play it 4k 60fps on a toaster, unless you're playing on last gen consoles
>>
Just to sum it up quickly, because why the hell not:
>AC1
Makes you feel like an Assassin the most and is quite enjoyable, but will feel dated if play other games first. Much less possibilities, but also the game is much more densely packed, without tonnes of typical ubisoft checklist side tasks cluttered all over the map, which became the plague of next games. The game is quite repetitive(wasn't really an issue for me, because it was still fun, but many people disliked it). 90% of game is literally
>Here is your target, he's in X city
>Go there
>Gather information by doing mini side-quests
>Plan an attack based on gathered information
>Carry out an assassination and escape
The modern day story, although there isn't much to it yet has a quite good, mysterious conspiracy feel to it. Bonus points for actually not revealing it in marketing materials, which makes the whole thing much more surprising
>>
>>380452220
At least you played an assassin and not a God like in revelations and forward

Thats the one thing I hate about the modern ass creeds, you can just mow down 100 guards instead of playing like an assassin and running/hiding when you fuck up
>>
>>380452220
>AC2
Lots of new content, a much more fleshed out story and 10/10 atmosphere. Still feels kind of dated when replaying it today, but definitely not bad. They added a lot of variety to gameplay(most but not all of it good) and pretty much set up the formula for future games. Best AC in my opinion. The modern story also starts to pick up pace here.
>>
Pick any from the Ezio storyline. Only AC games worth playing.
>>
>>380452873
>Brotherhood
Quite similar to 2, but added some new mechanics like the brotherhood system and slightly more expanded economics and finances system. Unfortunately, this is also the game where you really start to be blatantly overpowered, as >>380452614 stated. It's pretty much just AC2 2.0, but also a direct continuation of it, so these 2 are best to play in order.
>>
Ezio trilogy easily. Even Revelations, which I think is the most underrated game in the series.

I just started Syndicate, because I read it was supposed to be a return to form for the series. Is it just me, or is the platforming even more automated that before? You can't even jump manually anymore.
>>
>>380453451
>Revelations
An ending to Ezio's trilogy consisting of 2, Brotherhood and this. It's pretty much Brotherhood with new map, story and a few new mechanics(some of them good, some of them not really) Adds some more action packed sequences, which, although they're total bullshit, are pretty nice. It's also noticeably smaller than previous games. Quite good in general, but lacks novelty. Play only if you liked previous ones. The last act of the modern story is also set up here.
>>
>>380453062
Apart from Revelations.
>>
Origins since it tells the true history of the african kings
>>
File: sands of time.jpg (102KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sands of time.jpg
102KB, 800x600px
>>380448825
Sands of Time
>>
>>380454062
>AC3
It gets a lot of hate, it's honestly isn't bad, just kind of underwhelming and forgettable. The most important thing about it is that the modern story ends here and it gets a lot more focus than in previous parts. It has its charms(good hunting mechanics, fun big battle sequences, first ship missions in series), but it just doesn't really feel like an AC game that much. Also has a needlessly overcomplicated economics system, but a comfy settlement management to even that out.

Black Flag is a great pirate game, but you could just as well kick the assassins out of it and it wouldn't change much. The series went to compete shit afterwards. so I'm not even going to bother. Rogue is apparently also good, but I haven't played it
>>
Did anyone played those smaller, mobile games and DLC to Black Flag? Worth bothering?
>>
>>380448825
I only played 1 and 2 so I think 2 is the best but I have a feeling Black Flag will get praised a lot here.
>>
>>380449983
No, he's right. You're wrong. Sorry friendo, your opinion is shit.
>>
If you truly want the best single game.

Black Flag, or honestly even Rogue since there same basic thing really

if you want to get that AC experience, just buy the ezio remastered trilogy
>>
>>380448825
I'd say Brotherhood, but 2 is an extremely close second choice.
Can't recommend 1 because it's honestly dated in every aspect, even compared to the simplistic design of AssCreed games.
I didn't like Revelations, can't really remember why but it just didn't feel right.
3 was decent, especially the first few hours, but it became bland pretty quickly.
Black Flag is actually a great game, I could almost put it above 2 and Brotherhood in many aspects.
Unity is shit, haven't played Syndicate.

TL:DR >Either 2, Brotherhood or Black Flag
>>
They're all insanely repetitive and essentially the same game. 2 was probably the nicest setting. I found 4 particularly awful and even more stupid than usual.
>>
1 or Revelations
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.