[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She's a literal android. You know how japanese compani

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: joostenmask-1.gif (893KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
joostenmask-1.gif
893KB, 1280x720px
She's a literal android.

You know how japanese companies started making bipedal robots in the 90s, then they just kinda stopped improving about ten years ago?

and you know how when you see japanese trade show footage of female "androids" with silicone skin and hair, they're always really laughably bad?

Read about where the name "Joosten" comes from:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judoc
>The mal Saint-Josse was the term for an illness resulting from a snakebite
>>
It's time to take a break
>>
>>380448483

Nah, she's just a mongoloid.
>>
It all comes together!
>>
>>380448694
its time to go back, normalfag
>>
I guess they infiltrated Hollywood with a fucking literal Cylon.

I can't be the only one who noticed that multiple MAJOR Disney movies in the last 2 years have starred girls who came out of nowhere, and have the exact same dimples and teeth as her?

ffs in the latest Pirates movie they spend the whole thing following a constellation shaped like the "peace sign"
>>
>>380448483
They would have 3D printed teeth that actually fit in her mouth if she was artificial.
>>
>>380449436
why

i don't think being obvious about it was the objective, anon
>>
File: snatcher.gif (108KB, 484x430px) Image search: [Google]
snatcher.gif
108KB, 484x430px
>>380448483

Checks out
>>
>>380448838
Assuming that they've been making steady progress without hitting any walls this whole time is the most normalfag thing in this thread. Bipedal motion is hard. That's the reason those Boston Dynamics webms always have 4 legged or 2 wheeled robits.

Honda's Asimo can walk without falling down the stairs nowadays, and can even jog at a respectable pace, but he still functions like a sophisticated version of one of these. There's been progress, but they've gone as far as they reasonably can without using something like neural networking, which is just barely starting to boom. This would allow the robot to teach itself to walk, like we do, by a process similar to that "car evolution" flash game, and would result in more fluid mechanisms which is what current robot are most lacking right now on the path to becoming Blade Runner tier.

Don't expect to see a convincing walking, talking joostbot for at least another decade, at best
>>
>>380450821
people were saying that ten years ago

then ten years passed

>Boston Dynamics
aren't trying to make cylons
>>
Video Games
>>
>>380451269
>aren't trying to make cylons
Cylons won't be the result of one technology, but an assortment of them. You think someone trying to make a robot which is indistinguishable from a human would build every subsystem from the ground up themselves, when there are already plenty of strong algorithms for things like speech imitation, object recognition, audio source position analysis, etc already being worked on by various people?

Also that 10 years thing was an optimistic bare minimum, not "it'll happen in 2027".
>>
>>380452145
>You think someone trying to make a robot which is indistinguishable from a human would build every subsystem from the ground up themselves

who the fuck said anything about this?
>>
>>380452328
I thought "Boston Dynamics aren't trying to make cylons" was implying that, since they aren't personally trying to make androids themselves, their work has little value towards the creation of androids.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.