[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A very special pandering episode Anonymous dev here. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Northern Cardinal.jpg (41KB, 398x425px) Image search: [Google]
Northern Cardinal.jpg
41KB, 398x425px
>A very special pandering episode

Anonymous dev here. I'm sure there is enough threads on this subject, but I think I'm entitled to my own seeing as it's slightly different conversation.

I want to reassure some people. This whole agenda that game developers are pushing these days regarding diversity isn't going to pay off. Speaking specifically regarding me and the team I work with, we are a business. We know who our target market is. We know who our fans are. We know who pays our bills. It's white males. This is who we create games for. These are the men we write stories for. Stories they can relate to and feel immersed in. Does this mean we despise other races? Not from the standpoint of the company, no. Though many of us here have our own opinions of certain political parties and races, it's not an official view of the company. We are neutral, but we are also humans. We create games for guys like ourselves. We will continue with our white male leads, and our beautiful white female love interests. There is nothing wrong with them.

I'm not at all against a developer's decision to use a diverse cast of characters in a video game. Though as E3 has shown, the sudden and "coincidental" torrent of diversity is forced and an obvious agenda. Their decisions to use non-white leads and supporting characters was more than likely as well thought out as using the replace color tool in photoshop. The fact that many of them have waited this long to diversify their games only shows they care only about their image and will conform to pressure from a loud minority. Even if it means doing nothing but harming themselves or saying fuck you to their fans.

Will this pandering to audiences that have shown little interest in your products hurt the developers? It's hard to say. But I know it'll only help our company. The great thing about business is, if you don't give your consumer what they want, they'll get it from someone else.

That is all.
>>
>>380447442
Don't overthink these things, and holy fuck certainly cut down on sentences, because the vocal groups of the internet still represent less than 10% of your market, regardless of the kind of game you choose to make.
But even if you do choose to pander to either half of the remaining 10%, always remember to double-down on whatever position you choose to take, no likes flip-flops.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.