[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just heard about this. It's not going to be casualized,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 371
Thread images: 51

File: IMG_4649.jpg (218KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4649.jpg
218KB, 1280x720px
I just heard about this. It's not going to be casualized, is it? This is my dream game
>>
>>380445506
monsters now have health bars and they removed the stamina meter
>>
>>380445506
You can walk into a bush and instantly turn invisible with the monster losing sight of you
If you get thrown off a monster's back when mounting it you just hit a QTE to instantly grapple hook back onto it
You can fast travel to the camp and change your equipment on a hunt, resupply as well
The game has floating damage numbers
The game has guide light pixies flying around showing you where to go and what to attack and do

All of these are confirmed
>>
>>380445506
from everything that i've read its literally just monster hunter 5

there are online lobbies but also drop in multiplayer
there is single player mode
all the weapons are there
all the grindiness

Concerns
30fps unless you're using the pro or X or PC

Some of the core gameplay might get sacrificed because of the updated graphics

Looks like seamlessly transitioning from 1 area to another actually takes longer than the traditional loading screen

they keep bringing back that outdated annoying piece of shit rathalos but understandable because he is a flagship monster

With the tech shown, most likely most monsters will be land based and won't ever go underground

difficulty might be lowered so the franchise can finally make a big break in the west
>>
File: 1496034095053.gif (1MB, 850x463px) Image search: [Google]
1496034095053.gif
1MB, 850x463px
>>380445506
>Run into bushes and instantly hidden despite monsters having just been following you
>Vulturesaur pays no attention to you despite walking right in front of him with the gillie suit
>Greatsword has barely any sounds
>Those fucking retarded glowing green bugs
>I-Frames on the grapple hook
>Cinematic zoom-in shots
>Instant gathering
>No cooking jingle
>>
>>380445942

Why do you need to hate everything? Do you hate yourself so much?
>>
>>380445506

>flexing while drinking confirmed removed

it's shit
>>
File: 1497332725478.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497332725478.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>380446552
I mean I don't really see how any monster hunter fan could defend such amazing stealth gameplay.
>>
>>380446429
>Unless PC
W-what? Are you serious PC is getting this?
>>
>>380446747
ps4 xbone first, pc later
>>
>>380446775
I was stoked enough to play this on PS4 but 4K 60fps MonHun? My fucking dick.
>>
>>380445506
Monster get health bars, No stamina meter, Damaging monsters anywhere is the same thing, No damaging specific monster pars, instantly use items, Only one area with your selected monster waiting in it, Gear is bought with money only, Only 4 weapons....

Obviously none of this is true and I could have kept on going. I just wanted to get some people imagining the worst.
>>
>>380446884
It's 30fps locked on all platforms
>>
>>380446932
>implying if thats even true it won't be fixed with mods
>>
>>380446884
There will be global servers so it will mean PS4 gets a massive online community and the only one worth playing.
>>
>>380446701
It was discussed that the "Stealth" is a perk gained from armor and not always activated. They even said sometimes it can backfire on you and attract monsters. It's probably just another way for people to play. For all you know that monster is nearly blind and uses its giant nose thing to "see" so that kind of stealth could be plausible. Enjoy hating things though.
>>
>>380446552
Not him, but that guy wasn't hating on anything. He was simply answering my question
>>
>>380445942

Can I get a source on the floating damage numbers?

Because that's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>380446429
>difficulty might be lowered so the franchise can finally make a big break in the west
it's not really possible for them to lower the bar further than MHX did. I doubt this. Styles literally let you walk all over monsters for practically free.
>>
>>380446516
Half of this is lies though.
>>
File: 1404791811369.png (238KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
1404791811369.png
238KB, 500x433px
>want to have a discussion about how awful new monhun sounds
>it isn't on switch so console wars have shut down any real discussion

Every time
>>
>>380446668
>shit animation that makes no sense whatsoever being removed
GOTY
>>
>>380449951
>want to have a discussion (complain) about how awful new monhun sounds
You didn't want a discussion then. You wanted to shitpost
>>
>>380445792
False, and False. They do not have healthbars, and the stamina meter is still in.
>>
File: 1449567316846.jpg (109KB, 800x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1449567316846.jpg
109KB, 800x1011px
>>380450136
>all criticism towards my brand of choice's pseudo-exclusive is shitposting
>>
>>380445506
>dream game is taking a niche eastern game and turning it into westernized trash
you reek of cancer. You might want to find another dream or just kill yourself
>>
>>380447050
If framerate is tied to the physics you're fucked but i hope it's not
>>
>>380448319
they stated it would be an option, you can turn them off/on
>>
>>380450136
>Making it into console shitposting
No anon, you're the shitposter.
>>
>>380445792
>>380446914
Is it really true that the game has no stamina meter? Any source for this? Please tell me it is not true. I tolerate the floating damage numbers and changing weapon mid-hunt casualization but that's too much.
>>
>>380446668
I gotta feeling they're gonna take out all the charming goofy shit like the cooking song and the existence of felyne's because it's too japanesey.
>>
>>380445942
>You can walk into a bush and instantly turn invisible with the monster losing sight of you
That is a specific equipable ability, you can choose from several. There's also another cloak that makes the monster want to target you.
>If you get thrown off a monster's back when mounting it you just hit a QTE to instantly grapple hook back onto it
Mounting was a QTE already in 4U, we have no idea how the new system works yet.
>You can fast travel to the camp and change your equipment on a hunt, resupply as well
It ends your progress on the monster you were fighting, similar to just ending the hunt in previous games, except now all hunts kind of take place in this freehunt world. You could go out and kill several monsters that would be separate hunts in previous games at once and then go back to camp
>The game has floating damage numbers
That can be turned off
>The game has guide light pixies flying around showing you where to go and what to attack and do
It's an item, much like Psychoserum is in previous iterations
>>
>>380450358
>>>380445792
>>>380446914
>Is it really true that the game has no stamina meter? Any source for this? Please tell me it is not true. I tolerate the floating damage numbers and changing weapon mid-hunt casualization but that's too much.

Anon just forget about talking about monster hunter Sony fanboys specifically using it to shit post about how they are happy nintendo fags don't get it even though it's multiplat. Just watch reviews and wait for the release in 2018 and hope its actually good.
>>
>>380446701
The gillie suit cloak there is an equipable item, they have these bonus armor abilities that are kind of like styles in MHX/Gen that you can choose one of.

The crouching in shrubs at the start of the webm only works on small fry, not main monsters.
>>
>>380450334
>>380450250
Well everything people have been whining about contradicts you, so... Just going by what I see.
>>
File: 1495092551740.gif (798KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
1495092551740.gif
798KB, 600x505px
>>380445506
You tell me
They have stated, and this is without twisting words or any other shitposting bait, that they want the western audience
Also, the new "realistic" monsters are just ugly and not my jam anymore, they have no charm
>>
>>380450519
>existence of felyne
They won't. Japan especially would fucking shit, as we all would.
>>
>>380450519
I don't know about the cooking song, but the "Mmm! So Tasty!" and felyne companions have been confirmed present.
>>
File: 1466013856023.jpg (73KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1466013856023.jpg
73KB, 604x453px
>>380450781
Honestly, you're right. I like all MH games and while sad that the Switch doesn't get it (I love the hardware and want it to succeed), I have a ps4 and pc that can play this.
However certain things like fast travelling to camp, changing weapon during hunt and damage numbers are worrying. Capcom might be trying to westernize a franchise whose fans like exactly because it is japanese, ruining what good it has in the process. Monster Hunter is good because it never tried to be radically different and people enjoyed the formula, just wanted more content. Reminds me of the stupid shit Square Enix has been doing lately but Capcom is even more famous for ruining their own franchises.
>>
>>380446516
>Firefly tracking is retarded
>But not psychoserum
>>
>>380450519
Monster hunter is now realistic, cant have any of that in the west
They say this is a mainline monhan, but this does look like anything but monhan, the only resemblance it ever had was the greatsword and the rath
>>
>>380445506
>we want the western audience
>>
>>380451080
I fucking hate the reveal of this game but I don't understand the hate for "realistic" monsters especially when everything shown in the trailer is previously scrapped concept art. I thought that was the coolest part, especially the monsters getting stuck in gnarled vines since that was a concept that existed since MH1. The problem is, this is the flat out definition of pandering to a western audience. This is Lost Planet 3 and DmC all over again but nobody is batting a fucking eye because of console wars
>>
It looks casualized as all fuck but we'll see
>>
Capcom really did a poor job of announcing this game. They just made a short trailer showing off all the new stuff so it could fit into the tiny slot they were given in the Playstation conference, and they haven't taken enough time to show everyone it's still monster hunter.

The people who have gotten to see the behind closed doors long demo and talk to the developers have confirmed it's still largely an iteration of the traditional monster hunter style, and it's made by the 4U team, but they've given none of this to the public so far.

Hopefully they put out a video that just shows a full unedited hunt and some more trailers soon instead of letting all this salt fester.
>>
>>380446668

What? No, fuck that.

Tell me this is a lie.
>>
Reminder that there'll be no flexing in MHW.
>>
>>380451246
I want monster hunter worlds to be good but I don't trust capcom at all. I mean they already fucked Marvel vs capcom. They went out of their way to make infinite worse than MvC3 like how do you even do that?
>>
>>380451740

Tell me this is a fucking lie or give me a source
>>
>>380451419
>casualized
How? All we saw was new features and we know that you can see damage numbers if you want to.
>>
>>380451846
â–  Items such as recovery medicines are allowed to drink and walk. Some items are aggregated into sub tools

In the conventional work, when you took a recovery medicine, stiffness occurred in the meantime, there was a case where the monster was targeted there. In this work, this rigidity is eliminated, and recovery medicine can be drunk while moving. Also, it seems that rigidity against basic behavior has decreased considerably, such as being able to cancel if it feels dangerous while drinking.

In addition, the hunter of this work possesses what is called a sub tool besides weapons, and some of the items that had existed until the previous work are summarized in this sub tool.
>>
>>380451635
Yeah they let you kind of walk slowly while consuming items now, no confirmation on if this means there isn't a flex animation at the end though, but potions aren't stationary anymore. Makes me think of the light crystals in Dark Souls II that you could consume for healing while still moving instead of standing still to drink Estus.
>>
>>380445506
>>380445942
Casual Sony ggers ruin everything.

World is trash if the trailer is anything to go by. Trailer makes it look like the whole focus of this game is on environments (which people already criticize about 4 and X) and luring the monster into a precast trap (a tree for a pitfall-esque trap, under a rock to shoot the rock and have it crushed, clumps of branches in the water to make it slip).

You can always just jump onto the monster, even when it's in a trap. He did not stand in front of it and try to time his attacks properly to hit the wobbling head, no, he just jumps onto it and mashes buttons. Almost everything in the trailer seemed scripted, like a long corridor the monster is chasing you through.

It's not Monster Hunter. It could be a fun casual game but it shouldn't even be called Monster Hunter. There is no winner here. Quit the console warrior shit.

Also machine guns while being able to move, waypoint tracker, open world with emptiness and long ways instead of shortcuts because shortcuts are not epic.
>>
File: monster hunter stylin.jpg (832KB, 2132x1849px) Image search: [Google]
monster hunter stylin.jpg
832KB, 2132x1849px
Have some OC
>>
>>380451625
Pretty sure they announced a stream for next week already.
>>
File: 1497348909800.jpg (40KB, 1024x215px) Image search: [Google]
1497348909800.jpg
40KB, 1024x215px
>>380451367
I just hope we also get a badass black girl with afro.
>>
>>380446701
You still have to hunt the monster, it's not like you're really avoiding it
>>
File: Grapple.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Grapple.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>380451886
True, MH always had a universal escape button that teleports you to a safe spot on the other side of the room with lots of i-frames while rendering the monster unconscious
>>
>>380450551
THIS WILL BE IGNORED BY EVERYONE BECAUSE IT ISNT SHITTING ON THE GAME.
>>
>fast travel to camp mid battle to change armor and weapons
>>
Why is everyone whining about quality of life changes? Like being able to go back to camp, or possibly not having flexing or other things like that?

Those parts of the game only serve to make the game harder in a cheap way, and not because it's actually hard.

I'm fine with animations and things being faster, they don't need to be slow. Lets say it only takes 2 seconds to drink and flex then get back in, if it only took 1 second or .75 seconds, would that really make such a huge difference?

And fast travel, farcasters already exist in previous games which do the exact same thing. And being able to change equipment at camps is good too; why is it a bad thing? What if you started a hunt with the wrong weapon by accident? You just have to sit through a shitload of loading screens and other bullshit just to go back, change, then reselect, watch more loading screens, then play. All it does is let you bypass all that while still being on the same mission.

I don't want the game to become casual just as much as anyone else, but the game truly seems fine, and there is barely any actual gameplay footage out there and not that much information. You guys are going fucking ballistic over nothing.
>>
>>380446516
>Run into bushes and instantly hidden despite monsters having just been following you
Some people are saying this is an item but I think they're confusing that with the ghillie suit. It does seem to work pretty oddly. We'll have to wait for more info.
>Vulturesaur pays no attention to you despite walking right in front of him with the gillie suit
He's not eye level with you, he's looking at you from above. His eyesight's also, probably, pretty poor. If a smaller monster reacted the same way, that would be bullshit.
>Greatsword has barely any sounds
This is an extremely early version of the game. Little things like that can be fixed easily.
>Those fucking retarded glowing green bugs
Apparently this is an item used to highlight certain points of interest but I have no confirmation on that.
>I-Frames on the grapple hook
Specific little things like i-frames shouldn't be scrutinized too much. The game isn't coming out until another 7 months from now and a lot can change until then. For all we know, it's just hyper armor during a grapple but you still take damage.
>Cinematic zoom-in shots
It's a trailer. Who knows what'll be in the final game.
>Instant gathering
Again, a lot can change.
>No cooking jingle
Already confirmed to be in the game.

I know a lot of it seems questionable but I saw more Monster Hunter than not. It mostly feels like Monster Hunter HD rather than Monster Hunter Casualized. Again, though, a lot can change either way in the next 7+ months, hopefully for the better.
>>
>>380451945
Sony always ruins everything*, but you fags are too busy watching netflix on their netflix machine because4 teh gamers
>>
>>380451951
Deviljho has 11/10 video game design, 100% fair, satisfying, challenging, badass.

I doubt this new dino with muh realism animations even comes close to this skill level and fun.

>tfw pro at hammering a Jho
>>
>>380452114
More like wrong on every point. He's just making shit up.

Equippable ability? Retarded.
>>
>>380451898

>Being able to cancel potions

NO NO NO NO NO

FUCK THIS, FUCK THAT

I can deal with detective vision because I just eon't use it. But if healing is fucking free now then this isn't even the same game.

Mainline my ass. Why can't they just make a normal MH game on a fucking console again?
>>
>>380452078
>what is god mode
>>
>>380452078
>MH always had a universal escape button that teleports you to a safe spot on the other side of the room with lots of i-frames
Why are you talking about Aerial Insect Staff?

This is not a MHXX thread
>>
>>380451898
>recovery medicine can be drunk while moving
Where is the source for that? If it is real, then well this is it. The complaints until now were about interface and presentation, but that's a clear combat change towards casualization. I fucking hate Capcom.
>>
>>380451625
My hope is that all this shit shown isn't being used to pander to an Ubisoft tier game-world. I'm honestly hoping you are right and this game is just the next step in vertical combat, but hearing things like changing equipment mid-combat, damage numbers, and glowing breadcrumbs to follow is making me think this is a massive fuck up
>>
>>380451945
>Also machine guns while being able to move
That was just a special ability of the HBG being shown there, it still behaves like the HBG from 4U when not using it.
>>
>>380445506
Totally casual. Capcom said this was made specifically for the West. It is the FF Mystic Quest of MH.

XX is the real next mainline MH game.
>>
>>380451397
>This is Lost Planet 3 all over again
I never played LP3 but this reminded me of fighting the giant monsters of LP2, which was easily the best part.
>>
>>380452236
>>380452256
â–  Paint is abolished, excellent buddy "guidance" appeared

I think that those who saw the video published at PlayStation E3 MEDIA SHOWCASE saw something like particles preceding the hunter, but that seems to be an insect called "guidance (marine insect)" . It is said that this work was introduced so that players will not get lost as the field became seamless and widened.

For guidance, there is a big role of leading a hunter to the monster. By tracing the traces of the monsters you found in the field, it will guide you to the place of the monster, so the hunter can reach the place of the monster you want by simply following the guard.

Also, in the previous series, it was one of theories to hit a paintball or bullet when a monster was discovered, but in this work, even if a monster escapes along the way, a guard traces a trace It seems that he abolished paint itself, as it will give up. It is safe even if it runs around to Rioleus if this is done.

â–  The flow until going hunting is the same as the conventional work. Preparation can also be done by camping

Although it seems to have changed significantly at first glance this work seems to have changed, the flow until becoming "go hit a person!" Is the same as before. First of all, the player receives an order for the quest at the base, pastes the contents on the board, and recruits fellows. If you want to go alone, you can leave as it is and you can take Ayru. Quest will be cleared if you achieve the quest condition.

Also, until now, it was normal to go hunting after preparing, but in this work it is now possible to prepare for camping at the starting point, to replace equipment and so on. Even if you misplace the equipment you do not have to retire each time, but you can also change the equipment when unexpected monsters appear.
>>
File: tigrex.png (630KB, 825x638px) Image search: [Google]
tigrex.png
630KB, 825x638px
>>380452245
You mean the staff that removes your regular roll, gimps your entire moveset, removes an art, has no i-frames whatsoever and is considered shit-tier even by casuals?

I don't see the comparison. Would it help if I sniffed paint like you?
>>
GUYS
WHAT IF?
>Low Rank is casualised
>G Rank is still super hardcore
>>
File: 0122 - 5doGrDG.png (126KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
0122 - 5doGrDG.png
126KB, 399x388px
>>380445942
>>380450551
QUIT USING THE TERM QTE WRONG
THEY ARE EXPLICITLY A THING THAT ONLY OCCURS DURING CUTSCENES
WHAT YOU ARE DESCRIBING ARE BUTTON PROMPTS AND THEY OCCUR IN LITERALLY EVERY VIDEO GAME EVER CREATED
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>380452396
There's no Single Player in MHW so it can never be hardcore. All quests are online, always.
>>
>>380450012
>I don't get why Monster Hunter is beloved by its niche audience

Glad to see you know nothing and have a worthless opinion on Monhun.
>>
>>380450551
Source? Excited for the game but have yet to hear this stuff.
>>
>>380452396
>he thinks world will have g-rank
lel. Make sure to buy world ultimate in 2019
>>
>>380452396
>brand new MH game
>G rank at launch
Have fun waiting until 2020 for World G
>>
File: 1483401152995.jpg (164KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483401152995.jpg
164KB, 640x480px
>>380451898
It keeps tumbling down
But we're in the middle of console wars so anything you say is shitposting. But since it'll be deemed as shitposting either way, I'll say this all looks like an abomination, and to pander to the west they are forgetting the very basics of what made the game good
>>
>>380452508
Why are people just fucking lying? It's been confirmed that you can play offline.
>>
>>380452385
>You mean the staff that removes your regular roll
And instead give you one with the equivalent of Evasion+6, and that's the roll by itself (on ANY weapon), much less the jump you get with B+R on insect staff in particular.

> has no i-frames whatsoever
Ok come back when you actually played the game.
>>
>>380452276
I haven't heard anything about changing equipment mid-combat, I know you can do a limited form of village-style preparation in camps you can set up in the world, but all this sequence breaking stuff you can do effectively ends the hunt like abandoning mission in previous games. The monster will just run away and you'll need to find a new one.
>>
>>380452139

>Flexing is cheap

It punishes you for getting hit by having to find an opportunity to heal you casual fuck. If the monster has eyes on you, you generally have to make a judgement call

For fuck's sake don't defend that shit.
>>
>>380451945
Most of the stuff you're saying is just complete conjecture or petty
>machine gun spray
Existed in last game
>auto tracking
Seriously who cares
>open world with emptiness
The zones were always empty
>long ways instead of shortcuts
This isn't fucking DaS, also you really think there are no cliffs to jump off of? Or rivers with underground tunnels? I can understand being wary but this kind of overreaction is just silly
>>
>>380451246
Honestly, I'm an idort like you and a fan of the series, much in the same position.

Just ignore /v/ until more information comes out direct from Capcom, because Monster Hunter Worlds was about the most interesting thing Sony got this E3 and they don't understand why the core audience is upset.

Just be patient and hope capcom didn't fuck up one of the only series' that still had a dedicated audience.
>>
>>380452375
>paint is abolished, excelent buddy "guidance" appeared
Paint was never that great and the new system of following the monster tracks looks cool, but it seems like there is no risk here. If you didn't hit a paintball before they were gone, you were fucked if you couldn't find the monster while he was sleeping (if you didn't know the monster well) where he could recover hp. This new system seems to have nothing like that.
>preparation can also be done by camping
This is shit and should not exist. You don't bring your whole fucking boxes of equipment to the hunt site. Let me guess, you can also get more potions during hunt?

They really are trying hard to fuck up something so hard to fuck up, aren't they?
>>
>>380452256
You walk at a slower pace and the animation takes longer, monsters are supposed to be more aggressive and this change was intended to help balance that. Whether it will succeed as intended is yet to be seen.
>>
>>380452675
>Leave area
>Drink with no problems at all
>Go back

Wow, sure is so super hard core. It means nothing dude. If you really need to heal in the battle, you'll just leave the area if you're that low health, or you'll just dodge one of the very easy to dodge attacks (like every monster has) and then heal with no problems.

Being able to walk and heal or whatever else is fine. It truly will not make a difference. It will not. It just won't.

It will be exactly the same, but just better quality of life.
>>
>>380452834
The only way I'll dig the monster tracks is if that glowing bug shit is optional and not on by default. I have my own fucking eyes, I don't need highlights.
>>
>>380452256
Fights are probably going to be faster-paced and less predictable between environmental hazards and more potential for intruding monsters. The new healing is indeniably made to compliment the changes to the pace of combat and we know too little about the flow of gameplay to just pass it off as mindless casualization.
>>
>>380452985

This onviously makes a difference and I can't understand why you're defending this; particularly since you can't zone out now

>He leaves the area to heal, wasting a buttload of precious time

You casual shitstain, no wonder you think this is okay.
>>
>>380452197
>realism animations

We've already seen that it falls over over dramatically like every other monster in the series.
>>
>>380452834
>>preparation can also be done by camping
>This is shit and should not exist.
They've said we're going to be encountering many more monsters during quests than before, if you can't change gear and restock ammo during a hunt then gunners and bow would be fucked compared to blademasters if they want to continue hunting after (or before) the main monster's dead. Elemental would be even more worthless on quests where you'd encounter monsters with widely different elemental resistances and raw and blast would reign completely.
>>
>>380450331
So you can choose whether to gimp yourself or not, gotcha.
>>
>Start up MH XX
>Equip Guild Style and no Arts
>Go solo a difficult monster
>Have a good, hardcore time

>Start up MHW
>Needs to log in to the online servers
>Charges me 5.99$ plus tip
>Have to wait for 3 other hunters before I can start which takes forever because nobody else was stupid enough to buy this shit
>Quest starts
>Push the Free Infinite Psychoserum button and go to the monster
>Lure the monster into a setpiece before wailing on its helpless body (-52, -30, crit! -44)
>Lure the monster into a setpiece before wailing on its helpless body (-52, -30, crit! -44)
>Monster attacks
>Push the Universal Escape Button to grapple to the other side of the room while the 3 other hunters empty their machine guns at it
>Get hit
>Crouch to become invisible
>Instantly pick up x5 Mega Potion Plants from the wall
>Heal while walking around and luring the monster into a setpiece before wailing on its helpless body (-52, -30, crit! -44)
>Hunter #2 walks up to the monster
>Throws one stone at it (-999999999999999)
>QUEST COMPLETE
>"gg ez"
>D/C
>Throw computer out the window
>Go on the internet and take out my anger the 3DS masterrace
>>
File: 1343446634866.png (183KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
1343446634866.png
183KB, 500x402px
>>380452663
Evasion+ doesn't extend the length of your evasion, just the i-frames which it has none.

Don't pretend you've played Monster Hunter, faggot. I can smell casuals at 50 yards.
>>
>>380453354
Actually, you bring up a good point. People complain about Styles/Arts, but why not the set pieces of MHW? I'm sure they do tons of damage.
>>
>>380453354
>Needs to log in to the online servers
Stopped reading right there, it's confirmed that the game has an offline mode
>>
>>380452985
yeah giving the player the advantage to pop healing whenever changes nothing, haha
are you fucking listening to yourself?
don't get so wrapped up in fucking console wars that you let bullshit like this slide by. if I'm finally going to get a console mh i want it to be a fucking good one, not a watered down turd design for casuals to choke down easy
>>
File: 1466747748500-3.png (278KB, 420x410px) Image search: [Google]
1466747748500-3.png
278KB, 420x410px
>all these Nintendiefags lying out their ass

I am yet to see any sources for all the claims of casualization. Surely one of you fine Nintendo warriors will be able to link me said sources?
>>
>>380452375
>prep done by camping
I was hearing it was shit like an equipment menu changing gear mid-combat. I'm fine with being able to change gear at your basecamp as long as it is not allowed in things like Slaying or Arena quests. It really should also be limited to armors and weapons but not items. If they let you take items from your personal equipment box then gunning becomes completely mindless and expensive healing items are now moot because things like the 2 (+10 combos which require 7 item spaces) become completely moot
>>
>>380451246
It'll be the Lost Planet 3 of monster hunting if they continue this "we want the western audience" trash.
And I really hope that's not the case.
>>
>>380453294
It never takes more than like 8 fucking seconds to zone, heal, and come back. Especially with a painted monster, even if it leaves too, you just follow it because you know exactly where it's going.

The only advantage of not-zoning to heal is you don't waste 4 seconds. And wow, 4 seconds sure is a whole fucking shitload of time where every single fucking mission in the games entire fucking series can be completed in 30min or less and the timer is always 50 fucking mins and it's literally never a fucking problem ever if you have proper gear.

You're just a fucking whiner dude. The game is fine. and like I said previously there is not that much actual gameplay footage of the entire game at work. If we had a gameplay footage of an entire hunt and it was some super fast paced casual "follow the tracks with your hunter vision" then QTE jump onto it's back for 9999 damage critical hits and all that other bullshit, I'd be pissed too.

However, we don't have that. And what we can see looks exactly like monster hunter now, except maybe a little bit faster paced and with some good QoL changes. That is not a bad thing.

For fucks sake you people are fucking manbabies incarnate.
>>
People on /v/ just try to find ways to hate things on first impressions, but the two recent articles and videos got rid of any worries I had about it.
>>
>>380453557
>http://gematsu.com/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-14-weapon-types-felyne-palicoes-details
>The basic elements of Monster Hunter, such as HP, a stamina gauge, sharpness, and item selection, are all there. You can also use items while walking.
>You can also use items while walking.
>>
>>380453557

I want sources too, but we can both agree that if this potion shit winds up true and not a filthy nintenbro lie, it's bullshit, right?

I like MH more than I like console wars
>>
>>380453767
Yeah, feels nice knowing it's not going to be full of artificial difficulty and complex gameplay.
>>
File: 1446158363862.jpg (84KB, 540x504px) Image search: [Google]
1446158363862.jpg
84KB, 540x504px
>>380446429

>Some of the core gameplay might get sacrificed because of the updated graphics

if you mean less content because they aren't using actual PS2 assets anymore then this is only a good thing
>>
>>380453302
>They've said we're going to be encountering many more monsters during quests than before
And this is supposed to be good? Before you saw the quests were dedicated to a single monster or to 2-3 monsters (despite others possibly appearing) and you had to prepare accordingly for these monsters BEFORE going in and preparation was a fundamental part of the game. Knowing how to manage item slots and inventory while preparing is important. Now you don't need to worry about that, if you prepare you just farca- oh wait, you FAST TRAVEL back to camp and you just try again. If we can't avoid the "many more monsters during quests" shit I sure hope that the only changes in camp that you can do are changing armor to a very limited amount of armor sets and ammo. Else this is honestly too much.
These are radical changes to the core mechanics of a well established series and this is Capcom, I am not confident.
>>
>Game replaces Psychoserum and magic auto tracking paintballs with firefly bugs that have you actually tracking the monster like a real animal based on its footprints and scent
>People complain and call it 'detective vision' when they clearly demonstrated it was just the flies following the trail
>>
>>380453730
I want fake monster hunter fans to leave.
>>
You can not imagine how hard my boner is from seeing all the pathetic MonHun "fans" freak out over all these positive changes and the game actually moving into the present gameplay wise.

please cry more you cucks
>>
>>380451898
So I guess that the only actual way of fainting now is either getting stunlocked, being utterly retarded or just getting hit a whole fucking lot.

Fuck consolewars, this whole catering to western audiences shit has never gone well.
>>
>>380453776
>walking

Instead of being anchored to the ground, you'll be able to walk slowly, like Estus in Souls. That's a good change, your autistic ass making the grumpy dumpies at any change whatsoever does not equal the whole game being dumbed down or casualized.

If that's the only thing you got, it seems to me like the game is just being improved.
>>
>>380453956
I just fought 5 monsters in a row in XX.

MHW must be so casual that even the biggest monsters drop like flies in 20-30 seconds.
>>
>>380453730

Stop pretending free healing is a QoL change you casual fart

Quick travel, sure. Tracking, eh I guess. Healing in combat carrying no risk? That is casualization, plain and simple. I don't see how you could frame it otherwise, again, considering there is no zoning.
>>
>>380454052
Actually i'm not the one complaining, i'm actually pretty hyped. I was just pointing you to the thing people are talking about.
>>
>>380445506
>This is my dream game
It really shouldn't be. A MH game with modern graphics will inevitably have a MUCH smaller monster roster than the current handheld titles. I would be surprised if the game even contains 30 major monsters.
>>
File: Hmmmmmmmmm.jpg (15KB, 532x320px) Image search: [Google]
Hmmmmmmmmm.jpg
15KB, 532x320px
>>380453776
>You can also use items while walking REALLY SLOW
>>
>>380453984
>have to actually track
>get near any interactive spot and it's lit up with fireflies
>actually track
>>
>>380454015
That's not the issue, the fact that they even localized 4U and Gen went over great.

The problem is the PS4. And the PC. Nobody plays games on PCs in japan, and the PS4 flopped pretty bad. If MHW breaks 2 mil it would be a miracle.
>>
>>380453984
If I wanted to spend an hour trying to find one monster I'd play Cabelas.
>>
>>380445506
To be honest, I own both a ps4 and Switch and love Monster Hunter.

I was salty for, after some thought, no real tangible reason other than a feeling of indignation since I stuck with the Nintendo Monhuns and enjoyed them a lot. But I own my Switch for more than Monhun.

As long as MHW doesn't remove what makes Monhun fun for me and doesn't casualize too much, I'm warming up to the idea of it.

I do feel bad for Switch owners who don't have a PC or PS4, though, so I can feel their frustration as well.
>>
>>380454116
The thing is, people are claiming a whole lot more than just that. E.g. >>380454054

99% is just Nintendies being butthurt as fuck, no sources at all.
>>
>>380454168
You know you can turn that off too right?
>>
File: Typical_Worlds_Player.gif (1020KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
Typical_Worlds_Player.gif
1020KB, 215x300px
>>380454129
Same speed as picking up items. I.E. fast enough to dodge anything
>>
>>380453984
Psychoserum was a consumable item you had to buy/combine to get and could only bring 3 of during a hunt, and it only showed the location of the monster for a couple of seconds.
>>
>>380453984
>follow the glowing breadcrumbs is now defended
What the fuck happened to this place? Witcher 3 got entirely shit on because of this, why does MHW get a free pass? It's bad design in any game.
If it were truly tracking footprints then there would be just footprints and subtle environment changes to hint a monster is close. Not a fucking command prompt that guides you
>>
Just ignore all posts that make up disinformation and slippery slope nonsense.
>>
>>380454209
It's the opposite, the people defending MHW are literally making up shit that directly contradicts what's been shown so far, EG. >>380454129

The rest are just speculating things that haven't been confirmed yet.
>>
>>380452221
Ability is the wrong word, but he's right. The suits are equipable items that have cooldowns after use.
>>
>>380454348
Because following the real trail that real animals leave behind is better than a magical paintball (which never made sense) that autotracks for you on the minimap.
>>
>>380453925

Fucking you you fucking graffix fag

You'd seriously pick nice models over content? I want more games like Freedom Unite, and if they need to not make them look AAA in order to get that, that's fine.

You have so many games with GRAFFIX already, let me have one with content. I've wanted another console MH for so fucking long .
>>
>>380454094
Dude, there is literally no risk at all in healing now.

If you know there is a risk in healing, you won't do it. You will only ever heal when you know it's safe or if you zone to heal.

What is the difference? Making the choice to heal when it might be a risk is a fucking retarded idea only a dumb fuck would chose. You should absolutely never fucking heal ever unless you know you will make it.

There is absolutely no fucking risk IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING SERIES AS IT IS when healing because only a casual, a first timer, or a fucking mongoloidic retard would make the choice to heal when it's risky.

So here's the thing: Healing is not a risk at all in Monster Hunter previous games, and now for MHW it will continue not being a risk at all, but maybe you'll do it slightly faster.

WHATS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE CUNT?
>>
File: MH FUCKING.jpg (36KB, 315x276px) Image search: [Google]
MH FUCKING.jpg
36KB, 315x276px
>>380454395
STOP IT

STOP FUCKING MH
>>
>>380453730
>with some good QoL changes. That is not a bad thing.

If those quality of life changes are free healing while walking, then it is a bad thing because proper Monhun forces you to consider that you may be hit while healing and to think ahead, either zoning for safety or abusing your knowledge of monster patterns and behavior.

If healing is free, then monsters need to be even more aggressive to push you harder. Otherwise it's casualization, not QoL.
>>
File: 1487082688589.png (87KB, 810x807px) Image search: [Google]
1487082688589.png
87KB, 810x807px
https://youtu.be/GOXjQw6Vszg
>>
>>380454094
>"no risk"
you literally walk slowly like in bloodborne/dark souls 3. there is plenty of risk.
you are just an idiot and like to bait people into pointless "arguments"
>>
>people just straight up making shit up now

For what purpose?
>>
>>380454434
But you aren't following a real trail. You are following a glowing line. And the paintball is fine because you need to actually track the monster down first. This new system you don't
>>
>>380452985
>>Drink with no problems at all

You just left your teammates with one partner less, making it harder to hit the monster and missing out on dps.

You had to run to the corner of the map safely

You are risking aggroing a different monster

You are wasting buff time

All to heal safely, which now you can very easily do.
>>
>>380453984

This is b8
>>
>>380454462
A new gimmick/item in Monster Hunter, oh no. Shoulda just stopped before Tri came out because of the underwater combat with this logic.
>>
>>380453956
I'm not saying it's good, just different and that it also requires a different approach. It's clear they want to focus on the feeling of hunting in this game what with the bigger and concise map(s) and how they've emphasised its nature and the inhabitants. Since it's made for a home console for the first time since Tri, they've chosen to focus on that instead of the mission based pick up and play style quests we've had thus far.
I personally think it's neat, depending on how they play their cards, but that doesn't mean that I didn't like how MH worked before.
>>
>>380454460
t. person arguing in a vacuum that assumes every hunter is some 100000 hour veteran who can ready a monsters moveset by the millisecond.

Every online match I play ive seen someone get blown out trying to heal when its not safe. It happens to normal people.
>>
I'd be fine if healing was like Souls where you could move really slow while chugging it. We havent seen healing used to determine it yet.
>>
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
>gaijin don't understand, we make game easier for them
>>
>>380454003

>""""moving the game into the present"""

"""Making the game more accessible to the modern audience"""

If you don't like MH, why don't you want to play it?
>>
>>380454559
You're defending being able to equip a skill that renders you fucking invisible? What is wrong with you?!
>>
>>380450551
Im gonna need a source for all of this, especially
>that can be turned off
>>
>>380454538
>"need to track the monster down"
>"they literally always spawn in the same area in the same quest"
there was NEVER any "tracking" involved in Portable MonHun
>>
>>380454538
>Old MH
>You go to Zone 6 because its always in Zone 6
>New MH
>You follow the trail (in whatever form you wanna call it) to where the boss is

We dont know if they have fixed spawns in MHW either.
>>
>>380454587
Well that's fair. I am just very skeptical and I fear whenever I hear "Capcom" and "change" in the same context.
>>
>>380454787
Monsters move around, stupid. Multi-monster hunts always involve tracking, and following monsters in maps like FnH is very difficult.
>>
>>380454460
>If you know there is a risk in healing, you won't do it.
>You will only ever heal when you know it's safe or if you zone to heal.
>There is absolutely no fucking risk IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING SERIES AS IT IS when healing because only a casual, a first timer, or a fucking mongoloidic retard would make the choice to heal when it's risky.

Part of the fucking game is LEARNING when to take those opportunities, based on experienced gained from completing hunts. It was based on an effort to learn when you could best heal, and free heals while running now means that, no, you don't need to learn monsters now, just chug your shit you filthy mong.
>>
>>380454589
Bitch I'm not even a fucking 1000hr MH vet, I've played FU on PSP, Tri on Wii, 3U on 3DS and 4U on 3DS; all for about 100hrs each or a little bit less.

You know how fucking long it took me to realize I should never heal unless it's safe (and therefore never a problem at all to when you heal or how fast it might take)? About 8 fucking hours the first time I ever played FU on PSP.

Sorry you're too much of a fucking retard to learn the game and when you should do something or not; sorry you're too much of a fucking piss baby to handle slight changes that only serve to make the game a little bit faster and not casualize it at all.

I hate you stupid fucks. You think QoL changes means "casualization" when it doesn't mean jack fucking shit except giving an overall better play experience. Kill yourself.
>>
>>380454705

The mantles function like items and don't last indefinitely and have a cooldown between them. It sounds like the stealth one is just going to be used to get the initial jump on the monster.
>>
>>380454460
That you can be wrong on when it's time to heal, and then you get fucking hit for being wrong, wasting the potion and putting you at disadvantage.
But now you can cancel the fucking potion if you misjudge at potentially no risk of taking more pressure from the monster, you braindead moron
>>
>>380454460
If you only play LR you shouldn't talk about MH

>>380454513

The above text in the thread says you can cancel the healing if you feel "unsafe"

This discussion started based on that unfirmation, which I'm assuming is accurate until further notice.

You can, I hope, agree that if this IS the case, it's casualized horseshit.
>>
>>380454194
>I do feel bad for Switch owners who don't have a PC or PS4, though, so I can feel their frustration as well.

Who the fuck gets a switch (or any console for that matter) before getting a PC

Literally who is retarded enough to do this
>>
>>380454892
Dude don't bother. MHW will flop, these vermin will scatter and nothing was accomplished.

Go play some Monster Hunter.
>>
>>380454787
yeah and the difference here is that monsters would actually have things to do like hunt for food in sleep. In MHW those are going to be scripted events because monsters don't run away when they are hurt anymore.
>>
The only things I didnt like that I actually saw were

>Guy crawls into a bush when surrounded by raptors and they just give up and think hes gone
>The ghillie suit working within a 45 degree sight or so while moving and not in tall grass
>>
>>380454923

Free healing is not fucking QoL, choke to death
>>
>>380454923
>Bitch I'm not even a Monhun vet
>I've played 100 hours through several games
>my level of experience and the experience of a new player are basically the same

Jesus, what are you even trying to say?
>>
>>380453453
>aerial dodge doesn't have i-frames
just admit you haven't played the game already
>>
>>380454923
LR babies shouldn't speak when their betters are present
>>
>>380454923
You're not making the connection here. The problem is that they're removing any need to think about "Is this a safe time to heal?" No shit a hunter is going to wait for a safe time to heal. The problem is that in MHW you can safely heal any time at all even when somethings right on you.
>>
>>380454974
That's a good point. Can't argue there.

Casual, I guess? But casuals of that caliber don't play fucking Monster Hunter of all things.

That's a good fucking point.
>>
>>380454923
You keep flinging insults while spouting the shit that makes you sound like all you ever know from monster hunter is 4* village quests and a google search on all the monster hunter titles
>>
Aren't you 4U/X babies getting tired of being wrong yet? Every single lie you peddle has been blown the fuck out in rapid succession.
>>
People who pretend to already fully understand the healing mechanism when nothing was shown of it are the worst.
>>
>>380455221
>>380455141
That you're complaining about absolutely fucking nothing.

Go on, keep bitching about things that literally do not matter at all, I'm just gonna buy and enjoy the game. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>380455246
No more than a regular roll, except it has a 3 second end lag. Keep moving that goalpost, faggot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii9H4_hONKo

I don't know if the misinformation surrounding this game is for lack of research or an intentional effort to make people dislike it, but almost everything said about it in this thread is completely untrue.
>>
Man, i just was a new monster hunter game. I was so ready for XX and not even a single word about it. I'm getting tired of gen after 1200 hours
>>
>>380454460
nigga the risk is if i do not heal i might die
>>
>>380454845
Yeah I'm not going to blame anyone for that with how they've treated their other franchises.
>>
>>380455349
They're just looking for anything to bitch about. They're the same people that were saying everything is QTEs, witcher vision is infinite, cinematic cutscenes everywhere, no cooking, no items, regenerating health, etc.
>>
>>380455364
Glad to hear that you acknowledge you don't even know what point we're trying to make and have given up trying.
>>
>>380455431
>was
*want
>>
>>380455431
I have XX right here. Wish I could send it to you, it's fucking great.

>>380455463
Used to be that if you heal, THEN you might die.
>>
File: 1495683557235.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495683557235.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>Monster Hunter on PC/PS4/XB1

Who even gives a fuck about anything else at this point? There will finally be a hunting game on consoles that actually has an active community. If they could figure out crossplay (which we know Capcom can do from SFV), then this game can live on for a while.

Side note: This is Microsoft's debut for Monster Hunter, isn't it? It's always been on Nintendo and Sony consoles.
>>
>>380453776
this doesn't affect end game play.
how is this a problem?
>>
>>380455431
Chances are you won't see MHW until 2018. Probably late, late 2018, assuming no push-backs.

Here's to hoping XX gets a dual release in your region along with the Jap release this fall.
>>
>>380445942
>>380445792
Nintendo fans still mad. At least you have your children games and Metroid splash logos.
>>
>>380445506
meh, who cares if it's been made more casual. Gonna pirate it anyway. Looks like a fun spinoff
>>
Is this cross platform at all? I guess the Xbox and PC one would be.
>>
>>380455394
except it does have more.
if you time the dodge so you activate the aerial leap when the attack reaches you, you have nearly a second of invincibility AND you're removed for the area of the attack AND you can attack back
>>
File: 1475025962462.jpg (5KB, 317x48px) Image search: [Google]
1475025962462.jpg
5KB, 317x48px
>>380454537
>>
>>380454705
Mantles are basically items, they're temporary and you can't spam them because of cooldowns. It's a fucking gimmick.
>>
>>380455570
But the PC already has MH games that aren't absolute shit.

And if you have no standards, you can just get Frontier for the Xbox or PS4.
>>
>>380447290
>uses it's giant nose to sniff around
>still can't sense you and goes away to whoknowsfuckingwhere
>>
>>380455364

I know you're going to buy the game tou filthy casual, you're the type of fucker to zone to heal, this free, no pressure bullshit is marketed directly to people like you in the first place. That surprises fucking nobody.
>>
>Confirmed made by the A Team (Made 4, 3, 2 & 1)

>Meanwhile B Team is stuck making XX

TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>380455731

Nope but the servers will be global meaning the 5 people in Japan that own an xbone will have somebody to play.
>>
>>380455769
From 10 feet away? It's shit tier for a reason, anon. ALL weapons have grapple.
>>
>>380455349
It's just the current thing people are using as ammunition. Yesterday people were complaining about open world, no palicoes, not having all the weapons. They have to find something to bitch about.
>>
>>380455919
>XX turns out to be better than Casual Hunter
>A-Team is now the B-Team

HAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT
>>
File: 1492845096908.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492845096908.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
>>380455717
>being this assblasted
Enjoy your movie tie-in lmao
>>
>>380456064
>X and XX has the most gathering quests in any MonHun
>Ends up selling the least amount of copies in Japan

AHAHAHAHAHAH CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>380455570

I care because we're not getting the full fucking hunting game, and this is setting the tone for console hunter from now on, so we might NEVER of this does well, which it will, because all of this appeals to shitters who like Skyrim and they're all excited to play that MH game they keep hearing about in a form that the can actually play without having to learn anything.
>>
>>380452396
Lots of people quit gens early because of 2 mandatory gathering quests. This would give them an aneurysm. Rightly so because it sounds like a fucking retarded idea that wouldn't make anyone Happy. Then again, this is Capcom, they excel at that.
>>
>>380456163
>I care because we're not getting the full fucking hunting game
conjecture
>>
>>380455570
>active community
It's been confirmed that everything is separate
Region free but no crossplay allowed
>>
>>380456257

That's true, and I hope I'm fucking wrong, but based on the shit we've seen it's not looking good.
>>
>>380456142
>Sell over a million in 3 months in Japan alone
>MHW won't sell 300,000 copies in a year

Face it, the "A" team was demoted after Generations and P3rd sold better than 3U and 4U.

They're now forced to make casualized versions of Monster Hunter to try to appeal to faggots like you for the rest of their lives. Ironic hell FTW
>>
File: 1489078024416.png (770KB, 680x576px) Image search: [Google]
1489078024416.png
770KB, 680x576px
>>380456064
>XX
>better
Jesus fucking hell, at least try you dumbass
>>
>>380456163
So you're just confirming that nintendo babies are illiterate in six different languages and deaf in two.
>>
>>380455419
>comments
How can anyone be happy about the lack of a potion animation? Don't these people realize that it was a fundamental part of the game and you had to learn the monster behaviour well to do it effectively?
This is sad. Casuals are having a field day.
>>
>>380455039
>scripted events
you realize that it's the CURRENT MonHun games who have "scripted events" right?
if some shit monster gets sleepy, they will ALWAYS go to their single cave
if some shit monster gets hungry, they will ALWAYS do the same routine
MonHun is so ridiculously predictable, monsters always tkaing the exact same routes, doing the exact same things.

you are blind and an idiot
>>
>>380456394
>Defending a game that doesn't even exist yet

Literal shilling
>>
>>380455570
>Who even gives a fuck about anything else at this point?
I do give a fuck on how they might fuck the monster hunting part
And hearing the "want the western audience" part, it does sound like a disaster
>>
>>380456416
Monsters fall asleep on the spot. Retard.
>>
>>380456408
How mad do you even have to be to literally make up lies that have already been debunked?
>>
>>380452029
You can make one yourself.
>>
>>380456330

Suck my cock you console warring faggot, I have a PC and a PS4, I started olaying this fuckkng game NA launch week in PS2

Maybe this is hard for platform fanboys to understand, since their idotic "loyalty" has caused them to miss out on MH for ten years and be so staarved for it they're fine with choking down a casualized turd, but fans of a game series generally want further installments to keep the things that make the series good instead of shitting all over everything to grab for a more general audience. If that happened to an exclusive series without changing platforms, you'd be rightfully pissed.
>>
>>380454125
>you should not be excited for this game because I'm not
Suck a dick senpai
>>
>>380456553
they do if you put them to sleep.
if they get tired because you're doing piss-poor damage, they leave the area (usually) and go to sleep in their one sleeping location
>>
File: 1489594156487.jpg (40KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
1489594156487.jpg
40KB, 630x418px
>>380456461
XX is fucking shit, World will have try really fucking hard to be worse than XX, do you nintendildo even play the series you trying to destroy or what?
>>
>>380456395

How so?
>>
File: 1346758462820.png (1MB, 760x2875px) Image search: [Google]
1346758462820.png
1MB, 760x2875px
Does any part of this still apply?
>>
File: 678558456.jpg (18KB, 313x334px) Image search: [Google]
678558456.jpg
18KB, 313x334px
it's gonna be interesting playing monster hunter with a mouse & keyboard. especially with all the macro options, that will basically make healing and using items a hell of a lot easier.

btw, any word on party size? since we're headed to a real system, does that mean we could expect 5-8 player hunts?
>>
>>380456580
>debunked
When everyone who tried the game confirms it? Doesn't matter if you move more slowly, no one should be that happy about the lack of a feature that made the game what it is.
>>
>>380456580

Where has that been debunked? If that's not a real thing then I'll stop my giant fit, but I've only seen the text above that says you can cancel the potion animation and move during it

Not that guy though
>>
>>380456767
You do realize you're having a counter-productive effect by acting retarded, right? Everyone who read these posts agree with me now.
>>
>>380456772
Dengeki and Famitsu interviews, Capcom Unity tweets, English interviews have debunked 90% of the lies peddled by "veteran hunters" in these threads.
>>
>>380456808
I really doubt hunts that large will be a thing
>>
>>380456808
1-4
>>
>>380456368
>MHW won't sell 300,000 copies in a year

Are you forgetting that MH sells in Japan because it's a handheld game that they like to play while they are in transit or meeting up with friends? Guess what they can't do with MHW.
>>
>>380456580

You'll agree, I hope, that if it DOES end up true, it's absolutely retarded.
>>
File: 1494543611631.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494543611631.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>Doing a gathering quest
>Equipping armour sets with bonus to gathering
>Prepare items for gathering
>Monster shows up
>Tense as fuck
lol jk ill just fast travel out and equip hunting gear
>>
>>380456887

Prove to me you can't cancel your potion animation and move during it. Find me that article.
>>
File: image.png (782KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
782KB, 500x652px
Anyone else just instantly disregards every single rumor/speculation that gets posted on /v/ due to all those obvious lies?
>>
>>380457064
>Doing a gathering quest

lol

>Prepare items for gathering

lol

>Any bit of cognitive action related to doing anything

lol
>>
>>380456919
I didn't think so, but the open world and improved system allows for a much larger battle. we could see something similar to dalamadur, with up to 6-8 players coming from different sides.
>>
>>380457115
Hey! that bunny looks like a fine lad! not an asshole
>>
File: herculeslead.jpg (52KB, 554x341px) Image search: [Google]
herculeslead.jpg
52KB, 554x341px
>>380445506

Is the monster hunter fanbase this terrible?
Seriously have never seen this ammount of hate before on a video game that doesn't even look bad.

Maybe I'm missing something from the trailer, I'm not a "veteran" in the series.
>>
Only people mad about this are NEETS. Normal people cannot allocate the amount of time required to play MH. I, for one, am glad, as I fell out of love because of it being WAY too grindy.
>>
>>380457064
Games have made it a standard that you can't fast travel with enemies around. There is no way that's going to be a legitimate strategy.
>>
>>380457193
really? It's pretty standard to have 4 players max on goal oriented multiplayer games. I mean just look at the Anthem gameplay trailer
>>
File: 34534534565.jpg (32KB, 324x276px) Image search: [Google]
34534534565.jpg
32KB, 324x276px
>>380457172
memes aside, does anyone really believe it will be a casual spin-off? if their aim is a western audience, is it possible they might dumb it down to attract new blood? some people already think 4U is the dark souls of the MH series, and that game had the easiest LS/GS ever.
>>
>>380457064
Couldn't they just disable weapon swapping for certain quests/hunts?
>>
File: 11.jpg (43KB, 561x244px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
43KB, 561x244px
>>380457415
>>
>>380457308
>Is the monster hunter fanbase this terrible?

No, just this specific minority of the MH fanbase. All it takes is about 10 people on /v/ to make it seem like everyone hates this game.
>>
>>380457309
bad post.

>>380457415
wrong. MH1 had the easiest GS, XX has the easiest LS
>>
If that dumb leaker didn't use the words "westernized/casualized" I bet everyone wouldnt be shitting on this game so hard. All the info from the community manager and the interview with the main monhun guy last night are pointing this game to have all the trappings of monster hunter with more new stuff on top of it. The only things that are negative so far is that dmage numbers are in(no idea if its toggle on/off) and the fact that no flexing after potions.
>>
>>380445506
The game actually looks fun to play, a first for the Monster Hunter franchise.
>>
>>380457415
Didn't you even check all the new changes that are clear casualization and some are trying so hard to defend? Like free farcasters? Healing while moving? Changing equipment mid hunt?
This is all just the beginning, Capcom will fuck it up more and more until release. Maybe if we complain enough now, they won't change it, but many clearly don't seem to want to do that.
>>
>>380457308
As a spinoff, it looks pretty cool. As something that could potentially change the course of the main series, it looks...not good. Also doesn't help that it isn't on switch so switch-only players are left out to dry. At least those with PCs can pirate I guess
>>
>>380452256
It takes twice as long to drink but reduces you to a slow walk, during which the longer stride of a monster means his slow walk catches up to you to pick you up and grab you and you get to play rag doll chew toy because you didn't drink when it was safe.
>>
>>380457614
>Also doesn't help that it isn't on switch so switch-only players are left out to dry.

Welcome to how PSP players felt when it went over to 3ds
>>
File: man-crying.jpg (17KB, 325x217px) Image search: [Google]
man-crying.jpg
17KB, 325x217px
Why there can't be a decent community in a single fucking modern game ?
>>
>>380457629
>It takes twice as long to drink

Do you use Speed Eater+2 or something? It's the same amount of time. Nibelsnarf worst set.
>>
>>380455570

MH Frontier is on Xbox 360
>>
>>380455707
It's early 2018 confirmed
>>
>>380457559
don't respond to this bait, guys. It's too tasty and obvious
>>
File: MH6.jpg (348KB, 1263x1084px) Image search: [Google]
MH6.jpg
348KB, 1263x1084px
>>380457691
>Welcome to how PSP players felt when it went over to 3ds

Fantastic? Keep MH out of the filthy claws of console casuals.
>>
>>380457546
I disagree. m4u gs was stupid simple, and allowed even the worst of players to not only deal great damage, but have great defensive. I can't comment on whether or not LS is easier in XX, but i've always thought it was an easy weapon to play with.

not like us lance bros.. the truly gifted players.
>>380457526
>>380457569
that's unfortunate. even just the using items while walking is a huge step in the wrong direction. next they'll probably add immunity while flexing. terrible.
>>
File: 1365335862362.jpg (338KB, 1369x1183px) Image search: [Google]
1365335862362.jpg
338KB, 1369x1183px
>>380457702
Monster Hunter hasn't been a modern game for awhile. It feels super dated, even on the new handhelds.
>>
>>380457691
this is a fair point and I just don't get why capcom can't make every monhun game multiplat.
>no console wars
>series will be more popular
>>
>>380457309
I know you're shitposting but I unironically agree.

I never liked the grind aspect in any of the MH games. Actually, I just hate grinding in any game period. The best part of the game was always playing against even crazier and stronger boss monsters as you advance through the game. Being forced to stop and grind the same thing 100 times because some shitass material only has a 0.5% drop rate ruins the pacing and artificially bloats your play time.
>>
Ate people just forgetting how casual X and XX are?
>>
>>380457731
die desu
>>380457702
because video games are for manchild
>>
>>380457931
Well then to be fair, the switch may not be powerful enough to do what they are doing for World. We will never know though
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>380458029
>
>>
>>380458029
Don't crush their only light in the darkness anon, you want them to cry more?
>>
File: DSCN1054.jpg (382KB, 1224x918px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1054.jpg
382KB, 1224x918px
>>380445506
i am cautiously optimistic, the trailer was straight up ass and was likely focusing on only new aspects of the game.

i think projared got access to a demo and will have videos of it sometime next week so i guess others will too? i will hold my judgement until i see some actual gameplay.

i really hope i don't have to import doublecross on switch just to get my fix.
>>
>>380457931
if I had to guess, nintendo probably doesn't want to split the community so soon. i'm sure they had the option of going with an HD XX, or waiting for the release of world. it probably made more sense to choose the one coming out sooner, rather than later.

it really shouldn't matter since world is also coming to the pc, and everyone should have a decent enough rig to run it at toaster settings.
>>
>>380451951
Way late, but
>bringing Ace Combat into it too
I like the cut of your bait, anon
>>
>>380458159
>demo
What demo?
>>
File: image.png (97KB, 640x651px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97KB, 640x651px
>>380458159
>really hope i don't have to import doublecross on switch just to get my fix.
I got some bad news for you bud
>>
>>380458110
>>380458204
I just hope monhun going multiplat (inevitable) doesn't make capcom want to change what monster hunter is
>yfw monhun will have microtransactions and season passes
>>
>>380458307
youtube ecelebs are getting download codes or got access to the game but have to wait a week? i dunno, all i know is projared mentioned something in one of his E3 recap videos.
>>
I don't care about Casualization. I just want it to be Good.
>>
File: Cuck.jpg (22KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
Cuck.jpg
22KB, 300x263px
>/v/ now defending the casualization of games

What happened? Is it really because it's not Nintendo?
>>
>>380457308

It's making major changes to the formula to appeal to a more casual audience

This is generally disliked by fans of a given game, for obvious reasons, even if the end result is still a "good game".
>>
>>380458110

I doubt it. If we are perfectly honest, MHW looks like trash, I could really see this run on a switch
>>
>>380458429
i already knew about that, if doublecross gets localized at all it won't be until 2018 considering how slow they are to localize anyway.

so of course the focus is going to be on world, i just want world to be something worth playing, the trailer just worries me some.
>>
Why would you change armor mid hunt? Seems like a hassle unless you wanted something highly specific to break parts, and then switch to a killing set.
>>
>>380458029
I never played XX how ia it casualized?

>>380458307
There was a private demo at E3
>>
>>380458506
I don't think the series is big enough to warrant such a risk. especially with seasonal passes, that's just asking to kill it off.
>>380458676
who? a few trolls? no one is defending these changes. i'm actually legit mad over many of them, which is why I plan on waiting to see before I even consider buying.
>>
>>380458676
>he gets nice headpats
>yellow nigger gets cooties
Who's the real cuck here
>>
>>380458707
what major changes to core gameplay mechanics have been revealed?
the grapple is an addition
>>
>the A team is making it

I have trust in them. We'll see what happens when they show more gameplay
>>
>>380457552

I didn't see the leak and everyone I was watching the conference with had this concern
It's too early to really tell, but there are a lot of res flags, and the attempt to appeal to the west is obvious.
>>
>>380458506
That is also my biggest fear, But then again I'd rather pay say $20 for a grank expansion than paying full price for "world ultimate" The main monhun guy last night said that they arent trying to change up the general combat but just add new things to it. That's not his exact quote but thats what I took from it.
>>
>>380458442
CHANGING ARMOUR/WEAPONS MID HUNT MEANS ***NOTHING***

Yes it does.
If you go into a hunt prepared to fight hunt a certain monster, and you gear up for that monster, but then another one shows up as well, being able to change equipment means alot.
>>
>>380458779
I think it all depends on how well monhun world does in sales. So we'll have to wait and see. Anyway, have to go to work but it was good talking to an anon who wasn't severely autistic so cheers, mate
>>
>>380458442

To be fair, Farcaster can be interrupted if you're hit while the smoke rises.
>>
>>380459010
same to you, have a good one.
>>
>>380458952
>abandon quest
>literally no penalty whatsoever, resets as if the quest was never started
>change to something more universally suitable
>start again, having wasted 15 minutes
or
>fight sub-optimally and waste 15 minutes+

real hardcore my family friend, cancel those pre-orders
>>
You will see Rathian SFM in your lifetime.
>>
>>380458707
They outright said the gameplay is the same thing as previous entries. Why are you saying all this bullshit?
>>
Why shouldn't I be able to change my equipment? If I was told I was hunting two different monsters in town, I'd tell my palico to carry an extra gear set.
>>
>>380458952
Or you know, juat leave the quest and prepare yourself then fight it again?
>>
>>380459129
How do you know the fast travel they're referring to isn't just a farcaster? Normans wouldn't know what that is, so they would use generic terminology. Even if it's not a farcaster, what makes you think you'll be able to just swooce right out of there in an instant?
>>
>>380459187
Because he bought Switch and now stuck with XX while accursed sonydevils will get to play new MH.
>>
>>380459392
nothing wrong with XX.
if he can post on 4chan, then he can play MH World
>>
>>380459474
He can be a phoneposter.
>>
>>380453485
Damage numbers have been reported on Neogaf apparently. Charged GS swing on the absolute lowest GS does 140, the dropped massive rock from the trailer does 400. This means that setpieces do reasonable damage, but are mainly only useful for the momentary stagger because one charged swing of even a midgame GS is going to outdamage that massively.
>>
>>380459474
>>380459545
Mobile port confirmed by anon, alerting kotaku
>>
>>380459150
>15 minutes
Where the hell did you get that number from?
Also, isn't it obvious that you might think you are prepared but you are not? Like, fighting until you get 3 carts and die because of your bad choices? In MHW you'll just be able to constantly change your arsenal to whatever fits you better during the hunt, removing the need to prepare and reducing it to some stupid shit of trial and error.
Knowing what you're hunting and the hunting environment well is a big part of the game and half of how you dealt with that was right before the hunt, while PREPARING.
Also
>Taking your full equipment box to a hunt with you out in the middle of nowhere
Literally, what? Is this how they want to make it more realistic and western? Of course not, all that "western" means for japan is "non-turn based" and "casual" depending on the context.
>>
>>380459392
>stuck with XX
I would love to have XX in 1080, with a proper controller. i'm not sure why suddenly /v/(not saying you) is against this wonderful game. it's a lot of fun, and will become an even better game once it's on a real system.
>>
who here /stoppedbuyingthemafterFU/?
the 3ds ones seemed casualized by the new stuff like mounting and jumping; what is this fukn devil may cry?
>>
>>380459868
Look man I think you gotta go lie down a while and think about the shit you just sprayed all over that post alright, none of what you said has even a passing relationship with reality
>>
>>380460003
bad post.
>>
File: 1497361367781.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1497361367781.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
Is it true they confirmed they're not bringing over XX?
>>
>>380460306
my dad is nintendo and he says xx is cancelled because sony bribed everyone
>>
>>380460081
>knowing how to prepare for a challenge well and suffering the consequences for the lack of preparation has not a passing relationship with reality
Sure. Keep defending this piece of turd and let the series die. Its Capcom we're talking about it, they might as well kill it before they embarass themselves.
>>
>>380460306
No confirmation, but they said they're 100% focusing on World right now.
>>
>>380460306
no. and don't let meme kids scare you away. but even if they didn't bring it over, you don't need to read/speak japanese to play it.
>>
>>380455115
he threw a dung bomb dum dum.
>>
>>380460415
There ARE NOT ANY CONSEQUENCES, save for wasting the player's time if he chooses to abandon and restart, or if he decides to fight it for longer than it would otherwise take. Carting three fucking times of your own volition is not a realistic outcome that has to be considered, if you cart twice you abandon. Not to mention it's literally impossible to prepare for a random monster - likely one you've never seen before, historically - showing up during some other quest. Don't come back with some bullshit like 'hurr you should guess'.
>>
>>380460703
>it's literally impossible to prepare for a random monster
paint balls, dung bombs and farcasters
>>
>>380456408
>Walking extremely slowly is now free healing

No, it's Dark Souls style healing. You would still get fucking torched by any monster that's loading up to attack you. Timing the healing animation is pretty basic unless the monster is in rage mode, which is when the difference between slow walking and the flex animation is moot since gore magala is still going to bury you if you're dumb enough to heal in its face.
>>
>>380460415
S E E T H I N G
>>
>>380460927
Are things you bring anyway, yes, what's your point? You're talking as if they MUST be fought. Not to mention nothing has said of ITEMS being gettable mid-mission, only equipment. Are you just baiting me?
>>
>>380446516
You forgot
>add damage numbers instead of blood splat when you hit a weakpoint
>>
File: best water monster.jpg (33KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
best water monster.jpg
33KB, 1024x576px
>>380451246
>>380452814
The master race of "I dont stay tied down to one company"

That being said can we have regular MH Threads now
>Fav Monster
>Fav Weapon
>Fav Hub
>>
>>380461062
i'm not the same poster.
besides, surprise monsters only happen in scripted quests-where they don't need to be fought- and on quests marked with DANGER -which also don't need to be fought.
>>
File: 1399857094940.jpg (63KB, 561x401px) Image search: [Google]
1399857094940.jpg
63KB, 561x401px
>>380451951
Valfalk design is retarded but all other new monsters look great.
New dino jobbed to fucking Rathalos so I hope that's not the flagship mon.
>>
>>380460703
No, you shouldn't guess you idiot. That's the whole point of my argument. You have the name of the area you're hunting in in the damn quest description, if you are knowledgeable about the game you should know what possible monsters might appear. Also these >>380460927 are some of the things that seperate a bad from a good player.
And yes, there are consequence. Many times you just realize in the middle of a hunt (be it due to the change of the monsters element/behaviour or whatever) that you fucked up in your preparation. That's because:
>you did not know the monster well
and therefore
>you prepared like shit for said monster
In the past games you'd stick with it and try your best to still be able to beat the monster, in MHW you just go back and change lmao. No penalty for not knowing the monster well.
>>
>>380460935
Wrong. Healing is suicide against most monsters, especially those with projectiles.

You need to sacrifice an opening to safely heal.
>>
>>380461492
Either you're just trying to get (You)s or you're having some really intense trouble understanding that there isn't a penalty at all, other than having to abandon and restart. Whatever, man, you do you, but do it quietly somewhere else.
>>
>>380457925
So new monster hunter won't be modern game?
>>
>>380461802
if someone can't understand your arguments, it's because you have terrible communication skills
>>
>>380461802
Then we clearly played different games all these years. Especially if you've never realized you fucked up in the middle of a hunt but still sticked through to the end because it was already too far into the hunt.
Fair enough, stick to your opinion and I'll stick to mine.
>>
>>380457925
i'll buy 4 of them
>>
Anyone remember when we used to like things?
>>
File: monster-hunter-rajang.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
monster-hunter-rajang.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
>>380461464
>super fast vroom elder dragon is not okay

>but WE WUZ ZOOS N SHIET is okay

I hope MHW has some a monster that has a gun
>>
>>380452597
Capcom has never not done this. Everytime Capcom "makes something for the west" you can guarantee it's hot garbage.
>>
File: 1489176557407.jpg (163KB, 720x747px) Image search: [Google]
1489176557407.jpg
163KB, 720x747px
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Even RE5 and Dragons Dogma supports 144hz on the same/updated engine. There's no reason for MHW to be locked at 30fps.
>>
File: 1445721988321.gif (343KB, 294x214px) Image search: [Google]
1445721988321.gif
343KB, 294x214px
>>380462110
>talking shit about Rajang
>>
>>380461674
How is this not the case with slow walking animations instead of the flex? Also, I already stated that you'll still get fucked if the monster is ready to attack and you're healing. You have to wait until it gets tired or does a big windup move targeting your palico.
>>
>>380451951
We get it, non-MH fan Sonybros. It's a Brute Wyvern. We've had Brute Wyverns since 3rd gen. They all look and behave the same. The issue everybody has is that this thing has no distinct or memorable theme, and placing it in this forest alone means that it clearly doesn't matter what environment it is.
>Barroths have huge crowns to inhale while under mud, bash rocks, and crush prey/hunters, as well as tons of scale plates and fangs
>Brachy's design is itself a ball of unique traits
>Duramboros's gigantic mossy frame, the flail-tail, the humongous humps on its back, and, again, massive armor plating
>Uragaan's rocky outcropping on its back and its gigantic jaw for crushing objects

Then we have this guy. Pink, fuzzy, no actual design theory, but he can "Smell things reel gud lmao". It's similar to that fat lizard that's just a ripoff of Zamtrios, but also lacking in any design theory.

Then as you faggots sit here shitting on Valfalk, you fail to realize that it's literally just a regular Flying Wyvern like all of the rest, only this one has bursts of flame coming from its wings. Which is so weird, considering Kirin has been in MH1 since the start, so we know that ridiculous elemental Elder Dragons are a consistent thing. This hideous pink creature is absolutely not fitting in this fantastical setting.
>>
>>380462268
Those games see those framerates on PC. Xbone and PS4 aren't powerful enough to run MHW at 60fps since both are CPU bottlenecked due to being consoles. There's no reason to believe the PC version will be compromised with locked 30fps. Also you could mod the game in the worst case scenario.
>>
>>380462440
Projectiles aren't tracking. All you need is enough distance and you can move away from the attack.

I've played DaS2, allowing movement when healing utterly broke the game's balance. Have you ever invaded someone? The gank squad was the only foe in the game that could reasonably stop you.
>>
>>380462073
Not really.
>>
File: 1497417144121.gif (719KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1497417144121.gif
719KB, 300x170px
>>380462686
That's what I meant but thanks for clarifying for me. I can't into concise thoughts.
>>
>>380457883
>Flexing

He doesn't know.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>380462502
>Valfalk
>Flying Wyvern
They're elder dragons, anon, which gives even more reason for them to be allowed to be designed as they are, Dont forget about Yama
>>
>>380462502
It's literally one monster from the entire game you autist
>>
Apparently one guy managed to kill the deviljho brother in 20 minutes playing the demo.

Seems along the lines with the latest MH games. Might be alright.
>>
>>380462756
I liked Ori and the past 8 monster hunter games
>>
>>380462735
Zinogre has homing projectiles. Rathalos has that homing skydive that would also destroy you. Also large projectiles like fireballs and aoe projectiles/cones would still hit you if you move slowly.
>>
>>380462686
>Monster Hunter
>CPU bottleneck

lol
>>
>>380445792
Misinformation is worse than shitposting.
>>
>>380463056
What I'm saying is that Valfalk's design isn't even that crazy. We've had fucking balloon squids, cyclone dragons, sand whales, etc. MH runs the gamut of insanity to the point where a dragon that uses jets is extremely tame compared to some of the madness we've fought. It is barely even outside of the realm of your average Flying Wyvern in terms of design.

>>380463063
If this is what you're promoting the game with, you are giving us an indication of what's to come. If all we've seen is a booger T-rex and a fat lizard, both of which are absolutely lacking in terms of creative design, we have a right to complain.
>>
>>380463240
Wrong. While healing you move faster than what you do with a lance/gunlance out, and with that you can walk away from basically anything.

This is hard to believe for most players though who roll at the first sign of trouble, but you can even walk between Rajang's punch barrage with a drawn GS. That's right, WALK.
>>
Whats the autistic rage people have over damage numbers but no health bars? You just don't need to do some equations to figure out what buffs do now and since the game play is the same feedback from weak spots will still be a thing.
>>
>>380463498
do you have video evidence of that healing walk speed?

good to know you're also ceding the point that multiple monsters have long-distance homing attacks.
>>
>>380445506
>casualized

Not every gamer is a virgin who dedicates his live with playing games. Normies will love Monster Hunter Worlds. Only NEETS and Nintenbros are getting butt fucked.
>>
>>380463885
It's the same as when you pick up items now. Leave it to MH team to reuse assets.
>>
>>380458027

So let us have a game and go play your casual shit

>>380459187

Because of all the details that aren't the same?
>>
FUCK THIS. IT IS 30FPS. WHY? I RATHER JUST HAVE PS2 MODELS WITH 60FPS COMBAT AND TONS OF CONTENT THAN THIS WESTERNIZED M-M-MUH HD MONSTER HUNTER MESS.
HONESTLY FUCK THE WEST, WESTERNIZING ALWAYS FUCKS EVERYTHING UP. THIS WAS THE CHANCE TO HAVE 60FPS 1080P MONSTER HUNTER BUT NOPE. GOTTA HAVE THOSE PRETTY GRAPHICS AMIRITE?
>>
File: 1645854456.png (26KB, 231x209px) Image search: [Google]
1645854456.png
26KB, 231x209px
>>380459187
>trusting Capcom's word when they're in the middle of appealing to a wider audience

kek
>>
File: 1497175640842.png (20KB, 684x596px) Image search: [Google]
1497175640842.png
20KB, 684x596px
>>380445792
>>
>>380459187
>They outright said the gameplay is the same thing as previous entries. Why are you saying all this bullshit?

Because this is a lie? Did you even look at the mount? Or that weird mounted head-swing with the GS? Or that walking machinegun burst with the LBG? How about the web-swinging action to get around a forest which is obviously full of scripted setpieces?
>>
File: 1484237032093.jpg (254KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1484237032093.jpg
254KB, 1280x853px
Deliver us
>>
>>380464661
your trying to hard dude. drop the caps, you'll get more (you)'s that way.
>>
>>380445506
The animation in this was really bad in the clip. Look at how the dino's moved. It was disgusting.
>>
>>380465103
I tried that before in another thread, didn't really work.
>>
>>380463981
>Only fans of the series that are getting butt fucked.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>380458762
It is not
You have arts that work like super, you build gauge along time, and either provide you with a damage boost, a strong supermove as if every weapon got a wyvern fire, and the most polemic one, a superman dive full with iframes lasting until you get up that you can do even while unsheathed.
But noone ever mentions how monsters are way more relentless in xx, how you can simply not equip any art, or the existence of hypers and deviants as postgame content
There's also a style called adept, that gives you evade+2 and counter attack after evading, but I havent really messed with it so I cant tell
>>
>>380462502
idk, doesn't look that different from a great jaggi or great maccao. Like, its just a dinosaur.

I know you were responding to the specific post which is why you brought in the other monster designs but the fuzzy smell guy looks perfectly fine. Its not the most amazing monster that any of us have ever seen, but it will HOPEFULLY be the first large(er) monster you deal with.

Now if that thing does end up being the mascot monster for world, then I will agree, there is cause for concern.

Why is everyone coming at this from a worst thing ever/best thing ever angle? We've seen so little all we can do is guess, yet all you dumb fucks act like you've played through it in its entirety. Or... you know, we could continue to shit-post and scream at each other, that's just as good i guess.
>>
>>380465224
hmmm... maybe calm down on the rage angle, bring up a legitimate point, lets say the possible casualisation if damage numbers can't be turned off or the firefly things, and then greatly exaggerate how much those new mechanics completely ruin monster hunter, and make it LITERALLY unplayable and a completely different, unrelated game. Because no one is doing that here, as I'm sure you can see.
Thread posts: 371
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.