[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you think this has a chance of realy reviving the 3d platformer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: SuperLuckyHERO-1.jpg (218KB, 940x528px) Image search: [Google]
SuperLuckyHERO-1.jpg
218KB, 940x528px
So you think this has a chance of realy reviving the 3d platformer genre outside of just Nintendo consoles.

Also If you post kemoshota to derail this thread your mom will die in her sleep tonight

So lets have a serious discussion.

I remember when this genre was literally o every system imaginable.

And to be fair many games in the genre ware kinda garbage.

But do you think the genre is now refined enough for serious developers to consistently make good games.
>>
He looks kinda ugly and i like Klonoa.
>>
the first game was so bad that despite being marketed as a flagship VR launch title, on a platform with users desperate for complete games, it was panned by critics and received only a tepid reception from users.

it has no chance.
>>
Everything about this game feels really forced, but maybe I'm just crazy.

It feels like they have a checklist of everything that is supposed to be in a 3d platformer and didn't add anything that wasn't on that list.
>>
File: 1497337332335.jpg (146KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1497337332335.jpg
146KB, 1024x682px
>>
hat in time and yooka laylee already revived the genre. this looks like shit compared to those
>>
>>380444534
Generic main character is generic.
You can tell it was designed by a furry. Furries have a weird thing for generic foxes/wolves, with doofy cartoon grins. The only thing this will do, is contribute to the next wave of fur fandom.

That being said, it looks like the game Conker's Bad Fur day was supposed to be, prior to the mature rehaul. Which I think is it's biggest problem. It's that it's too cartoony and kid-safe to have an appealing aesthetic/theme. It's trying to hard to be so fucking *whimsical*, that it's almost sickeningly sweet. While the gameplay makes the same mistakes that so many other 3D platformer make. Which is to have almost no emphasis on momentum.

This is what separates 3D Mario games from all the other 3D platformers, and why Mario *feels* so good to play. With Mario, momentum is heavily emphasized, and it's absolutely required for you to build, in order to make jumps. There's also times, when having too much momentum, will cause the player to overshoot jumps. But these other platformers make your momentum ramp up in an instant, so it's never an issue. And their platforms are always perfectly spaced for the character to make a full jump.

This game also makes the mistake of giving the player a double jump. A double jump is too often used as a way to create fake tension. The idea is that the platform is perfectly positioned so that your initial jump isn't enough, and thus you're forced to tap the double jump in order to make it. But there was no real risk or danger. The game just tricks the player into thinking the double jump mattered to their survival.

These kinds of mechanics, is why the game will be called "comfy". Because it means the player doesn't have to stress themselves trying to be overly precise. They can just press the direction they want to go, and double jump to every platform.

This is another "theme park" platformer. It won't revive the platformers I like. But that's OK, I got a new Mario.
>>
>>380444534
That first part of the announcement was really deceptive, they just showed the tip of his tail and ears to make people think it was Conker. They game looks neat, I'm sure 6 year olds will love it, but that was a dick move.
>>
>>380448102
10/10 post anon, couldn't have said it better myself
This is why I still come to this shithole
>>
>>380444534
As long as they don't fuck it up like yooka laylee I will buy the disc version on launch
>>
>>380444534
This alone? Not really.
This combined with Yooka, Odyssey, Sonic Forces, Psychonauts 2, Hat In Time, and hell, even the Crash remaster? I think we're getting a genre revival, people.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.