[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a PS3 collecting dust in my closet >decide to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (450KB, 2851x2125px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
450KB, 2851x2125px
>have a PS3 collecting dust in my closet
>decide to buy this $40 chink piece of shit
>spend a couple hours in total opening up the PS3, literally just setting the clip on the motherboard/NOR Chip, put it back together
>dump my NOR chip
>downgrade to 3.55
>remove chink piece of shit and put hard drive back
>upgrade to 4.81.2 CFW
>suddenly the entire PS1/PS2/PS3 library is available to me

Why haven't you modded your console yet, /v/?

I put Red Dead Redemption on a flash drive and just copied the contents to the HDD and I've been playing for the past 5 hours and having the time of my life. Not to mention all the emulators included with RetroArch. Gonna play me some Metal Gear Solid 3 next, but my backlog just grew exponentially now that I can run PS2 games without patching shitty emulators and dealing with frame rate issues.
>>
File: 1497373637052.jpg (23KB, 214x214px) Image search: [Google]
1497373637052.jpg
23KB, 214x214px
>>380440154
Good for you
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: IrisManager-v2.87[1].png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IrisManager-v2.87[1].png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>380440883
posting shit I found on google images
>>
>>380440154
Dude, I had already finished all ps3/ps2 games I wanted to play.
>>
>>380440883
>>380441124
Nice.

Is it possible to dual-boot this shit? In case if I want to play online/games I own?
>>
>>380440154
still own a couple more legit ps3 games i havent played in my backlog, but I will do it at some point
>>
>>380441439
Yeah, there are firmwares designed specifically for dual-booting.
>>
>>380440154
are the ps2 games upscaled to HD?
>>
>>380441601
So you can play all the downloaded shit offline, unlock trophies, then use dual boot to login to PSN with legit install to play online with games you own/sync trophies and stuff?
>>
>>380440154
i did the same thing, but then i already lost interest and jsut gave my sister the ps3.

it's probally broken by now, because everything she touches somehow breaks
>>
>>380441707
Yeah, if you wanted to. I just play all my shit on an offline profile anyway, I have no plans to go onto PSN, but there are homebrew apps you can run before connecting to PSN so sony doesn't ban you. As long as you're not going into online lobbies with a mod menu you'll be fine.
>>
>>380440154
Because i already did.
Years ago.
All of my consoles throughout time have been modded.
You kids need to keep up.
>>
any fat ps3?
>>
>>380440154
I have 2 ps3 slim (one with broken bd) and 1 super slim. Still don't know do I need modding or not.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.