[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valve went from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dd J1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 15

File: 03e.png (407KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
03e.png
407KB, 600x600px
Valve went from this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ddJ1OKV63Q&t=333s
to DRM: the company producing no original games

absolutely disgusting, Valve should be hated as much as EA
>>
>>380430663
>absolutely disgusting, Valve should be hated as much as EA
If not moreso, because they were genuinely great creators at one point and not a pure moneymaking enterprise.

I guess EA should just have Summer Sales. ;^)
>>
>>380430784
cannot agree more
Gaben sold out completely
>>
>>380430663
people are well aware now
>>
>>380430951
If you look at a series of photos of him annually from the release of Half Life 2 to now, you can actually chart the point that he realized he sold his soul. The eyes are haunted, and sometimes it makes me feel sorry for him until I remember that he could literally buy every house in my suburb just to have space to store his knife collection and still have enough money to finance college for ten generations of his descendants.
>>
>>380430663
>Oh no! A business is making money!
>>
>>380431490
>it's ok when Valve does it but EA, Activision, Ubisoft and Bethesda are literally Satan
Fuck off Valve apologist, nobody wants to hear from the Seattle Jew.
>>
>>380431490
more like
>oh no a business is obsessed with fucking its customers for absurd amounts of money for little effort
>>
>>380431490
>>380431648
>Oh no, a business is making money! AND I DON'T LIKE IT
>>
>>380431618
Those companies pump out shitty unoriginal games
At least Valve does good by maintaining the leader in digital distribution platforms
>>
>>380431761
>it's better to make money off other people's shitty unoriginal games than finance your own
The absolute state of Pcbros. Gabe is not your friend. Valve only cares about your wallet staying open. Wake the fuck up.
>>
>>380431618
>People will continue to play the games they want to play as far as Valve is concerned and continue to add to those games to this day
>EA continues to shit out awful games with no intention of improving on their formulas or their quality and people keep buying them hoping they finally make a good game

Why fix what isn't broken? Valve gets this better than any other company.
>>
>>380431874
You're just some salty faggot who didn't think of doing it first.
>>
>>380430784
Just like Blizzard? And Bethesda, if they ever even were great at all -- they sure are steadily getting worse and worse though.

Kind of happens to all the big ones.
>>
>>380431761
Valve pumps out literally nothing
Their last game released was Dota 2 which is just a reskin of a free mod with hats
>>380431980
>unironically defending DRM
kys
>>
>>380431874
Point is Steam is a helpful service, which alone puts Valve above companies who do nothing but make shitty games

I'm not going to be an angry retard about them just BECAUSE they make money
>>
>>380430663
I can't understand anyone who still defends these Jews, they made HL1, HL2 and now what? Glorified phone game tier money sink MP only games. It's pathetic, It's reached the point where HL3 won't mean fuck all, the excitement is gone, my respect for Valve is gone, my optimism is gone.

Fuck Valve, seriously, they've done more damage than Activision, EA and Ubisoft combined.
>>
>>380432062
See there it is. Stop being so mad that every successful company out there right now has the ability to do what they want and you can't because you're not worth anything
>>
>>380430663
Reminder that Valve is the Keyser Söze of DRM. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he doesn't exist.
>>
lmao you know all the good valve employees left years ago?
>>
>>380431874
SO WOKE RIGHT NOW MAN

Just gonna stop buying games from there RIGHT NOW and buy them at twice the price from GameStop™ instead. Ha, that'll teach them!

>>380431753
No one minds businesses making money.

Just sucks to see companies like Blizzard and Valve that used to make actually good and inspired games turn into shit.
>>
>>380432064
>Steam is a helpful service
it really isn't, their customer support is absolutely atoricous, Steam is a worthless peice of trash
>>
>>380432128
They made some great games, and then they stopped. So what?

Are you literally wronged by a company not making games?
I don't make games. Does this mean I've wronged you?
>>
>>380432128
>Fuck Valve, seriously, they've done more damage than Activision, EA and Ubisoft combined.
Valve are, unironically, going to go from saving PC gaming to killing it within 20 years. The "Steam sale culture" they fostered means people don't buy games on release, waiting for a price drop and/or holiday.
>>
>>380432276
He's disappointed at what could have been.

An entirely reasonable reaction, really.
>>
>>380432156
I'm not mad that every successful company out there right now has the ability to do what they want

I'm mad that Valve chose to make DRM and hat simulators with that ability
>>
>>380432221
Then why aren't you upset at every other company that was so good it became a giant multi billion dollar conglomerate?
>>
>>380430663
TO THIS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPEffi9xAfI
>>
>>380432384
>Has the ability to do what they want
>Does what they want
>WHAT THE FUCK?
Not very sound arguing mate
>>
File: 1495856261740.png (41KB, 270x201px) Image search: [Google]
1495856261740.png
41KB, 270x201px
>transition into a hosting company that makes money off transactions with little to no potential risk
>sink millions into making a game that will never ever live up to the hype that the fanbase has created for themselves and ruin their reputation and current profits for doing jack shit
Do people really not get this?
>>
>>380432385
I think you are completely missing the point
Noone is complaining that Valve is a rich company retardbro
>>
>>380432328
Sounds like a good thing since modern gaming seems so intent on marketing hard for those release sales instead of developing a good title or supporting the game post-release.
>>
>>380432276
They haven't wronged anyone personally, they have certainly let themselves down.

Gabe himself argued the reason he and Valve developed HL1 was because he saw videogames as art, and indeed HL1 did push the medium forward, HL2 to a lesser extent. A lot of us saw Valve as more than just a decent developer, we saw them as THE guys who were keeping games evolving. Valve seemed to acknowledge this as their goal.

Maybe they couldn't handle the pressure or realised the jump from HL2 to HL3 was going to be too great to achieve in a timely fashion, whatever the case they haven't communicated with their fans at all. If they don't care about their fans there is only one other thing they could care about, as a for profit organization.
>>
>>380432243
Steam lets me buy from a fuckload-range of games and put them straight onto my machine without jumping through too many hoops. That's a good service by me. Maybe the support isn't great, but they're still doing more for me than the companies that push their own shitty half-assed Steam copies with their ludicrously restrictive ranges.
>>
>>380432501
Apparently they are. Success breeds jealousy
>>
>>380432328
>The "Steam sale culture" they fostered means people don't buy games on release, waiting for a price drop and/or holiday.
People will still buy the games they actually care about and have waited for. Good games don't go on sale the next fucking month because they're good games and the devs know people buy them anyway.

Shit games go on sale as soon as there's a new big sale after their release because no one buys shit games unless their price matches their quality.

There's also the fact that these games don't get outdated the way games would in 2000-2001. Two years of hardware progress and you'd be looking at the games being like "wow that actually looked pretty fucking bad." These days it takes at least 5 years for graphics to really even start looking outdated. In the case of indieshit they were dated to begin with so waiting does nothing. You have no real incentive, in this sense, to get the game fast unless you really feel like playing it as soon as it's out.
>>
>>380430663
You can't be hated for shitty releases if you don't release shit.
>>
>>380430663
Steam is best thing they ever made.
They converted countless pirates back to paying ways.
>>
>>380432470
You are a turboautist
>company makes great games
>they start making shit games and just jew off DRM
>"why are you complaing xD they can do waht they want"
keep sucking that valve dick
>>
>>380432592
No, people complain that Valve are so cash-rich that they could make vidya AT A LOSS for decades but choose not to.
They sit on their IPs and do almost nothing with them.
>>
>>380432719
Sorry friend, just speaking the truth. Stay mad
>>380432736
Obviously not if they keep playing their games
>>
>>380432484
We understand why they do it, we're just pissed that people still look at Valve with anything approaching respect when it's very clear they are not the friendly helpful company they are portrayed as.

>>380432512
Gabe is on record saying that they let the thousand trash indie games on Steam because they don't want to risk missing out on the next Minecraft.
>>
>>380432385
Did I ever say I'm upset at them making money? No, I didn't.

There are big companies that still make good games. However, big companies want to appeal to wider audiences and more often than not it makes for bland games with dumbed down mechanics. A lot of the time that means the more hardcore early fans get alienated by the new games that are made to appeal to casuals.

I don't mind them making money. In many cases, however, I mind them changing their products in order to make money because I used to like their old products more that were designed with an entirely different design philosophy in mind.

I'm not boycotting Valve or Blizzard or anything like that. I don't really buy or play Blizzard games anymore, and there are no Valve games to buy anyway (lol). I still use Steam because why the fuck would I not use Steam? I just move on to new companies that still make games I like. Occasionally I bitch about what used to be 20 years ago, but getting old is like that.
>>
Say what you will but valve are the only ones who have managed to effectively combat piracy in any meaningful way.
>>
>>380432704
>$0,20 has been deposited
>>
>>380432870
Then you have no right to complain if you don't use their products anymore.
>>
>>380432736
its not about money, its about reputation. What if the games suck? And with how long people have been waiting for HL3 or other valve games to be updated: its a pretty high chance that some people will be disappointed with however they turn out. Not worth the risk to and not worth letting the fans down.
>>
>>380432969
I just said I use Steam, and that there are actually no products to buy/use because they don't make games :^)
>>
>>380432969
>Then you have no right to complain if you don't use their products anymore.
the absolute state of pcbros
>>
>>380433042
>How dare he be right!
>>
Sorry pal, but I remember gaming before Steam and it wasn't all sunshine and gumdrops.

Physical copies may kick ass, but if a store didn't have the game, you're fucked, or you'd have to buy games through a catalog which would take forever to ship. There was digital distribution back in the day but it was sketchy and there needed to be a standard, Steam was the answer, and it's one not only the industry chose, but the players as well.

Because Steam is a standard in digital distribution, it makes it possible for any game developer, both big and small, to sell their games and set up their own game page filled with information in one stop.

Updates for games were hit and miss and would take ages for anything to get fixed, and sometimes you had to install every update in order for the game to be fully patched. Steam fixes that shit by getting games updated immediately as soon as they are released, which means no more "half of the servers are updated and the other half aren't".

Steam is also great when it comes to playing with friends and getting new friends, back in those days you had to send emails or talk on instant messengers, now you just swap usernames and add each other and play whenever is convenient.

I know, I'm a shill, so what? At least I get paid, fuck you.
>>
>>380433005
>What if the games suck?
Source is not out of date.
>>
>>380433105
except you are not right
you are a retard
you don't have to eat shit everyday to know that it's shit
I used steam plenty
>>
>>380433147
did you just say that the 13 year old engine isn't outdated

i mean you're not wrong, it's just kinda sad
>>
>>380433132
>Steam is also great when it comes to playing with friends and getting new friends, back in those days you had to send emails or talk on instant messengers, now you just swap usernames and add each other and play whenever is convenient.
Does anyone, like, honestly make any new friends by playing Steam games?

Sometimes I end up having a lengthier chat with someone and they sometimes add me as a friend. And then they never talk to me again.

I don't mind because I really don't care. I have my old online friends and I have more than enough contacts in my life so I don't take the initiative. If someone actually wanted to befriend me properly, fine, but I can't be arsed to go out of my way to do so anymore. They clearly enjoyed talking to me enough to add me as a friend so I find a little weird they choose to never talk to me again after that one conversation. I remove these people from my friendlist a year or so later usually.
>>
>>380433356
Sounds to me like you're a hypocrite trying to get onto moral high ground
>>
>>380433426
The only sound I can hear is you choking on that Valve dick
>>
>>380433496
>Gosh, I'm losing this argument. Better call him gay.
I bet you buy off the community market
>>
>>380433549
>I'm losing this argument
what argument?
>Better call him gay.
your autism is really showing
I didn't call you gay, I called you a pcbro
end your life retard
>>
>>380433719
>calling someone a PCbro
>not the same as calling someone gay
>>
I blame Team Fortress 2. It is when Valve discovered that they could stop making games and still make a lot of money. That game made Steam explode in popularity, and that reduced the need for Valve to make new games, they already were making a lot of money from selling third party titles.

Then came the hats, the virtual stores, and DOTA 2, then it was all over. Why produce new games when you can just indifinitely sit on your seemingly infinite cash cows (DOTA 2, TF2, CS:GO, Steam itself).
>>
>>380433719
I like how you didn't deny that you buy off the market. So I win :3
>>
>>380433816
You know, I really wonder what happened to all their staff.

Like what do the programmers who used to work on the games do? What do the artfags do? What do the musicfags do?

Do they all just sit at home waiting for Gaben to one day make the phonecall that saves video games? Or do they come to the office to browse Facebook and draw hats and drink coffee until they go home?

Did they just get fired?

Man.
>>
>>380432870
>There are big companies that still make good games
>
>>
>>380434337
Games you don't like don't count
>>
>>380433387
>Does anyone, like, honestly make any new friends by playing Steam games?
I met my wife through steam.
>>
>>380431490
>Oh no! I got no principles! No passion!
>>
>implying Alien Swarm Reactivated isn't kino
>>
>>380433934
>Did they just get fired?
Yes or left for other companies.
>>
>>380433005
>not trying to let their fans down means not supplying the fans' demand for HL3
I shiggy diggy.
>>
File: cc.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>380430663
Daily reminder the Half Life 2 E3 demo was 500% scripted and yet Valve was telling everybody it was the result of brilliant dynamic AI and true environemental interactivity.

Valve literally never changed. They have always been an absolutely scummy company. It's only now almost 20 years later some people are waking up and realizing that "Pollyanna Valve" never existed.
>>
>>380433371
>Let's take a look at UE4 games
>Ho!
>>
>>380434510
But when was that?

People were a lot more social and approachable online 10 years ago, for example. Web 2.0 killed the social aspect of e.g. MMOs around that time.
>>
>>380434828
Yet, after more than a decade, HL2 still manage to do many things better than many AAA nowaday.
>>
File: us constitution.jpg (513KB, 1532x1021px) Image search: [Google]
us constitution.jpg
513KB, 1532x1021px
>>380432969
It says here that I do.
>>
>>380434828
What part was scripted though?
>>
>>380433132
Wait. This was a thread talking about Valve not making games, not an anti-Steam thread. Where the fuck did you guys actually moved the goal post? I can't seem to pinpoint the moment.
>>
>>380435007
You abuse your rights
>>
File: objection.jpg (47KB, 487x264px) Image search: [Google]
objection.jpg
47KB, 487x264px
>>380435220
I'll see you in court.
>>
>>380434868
I don't think that people became less social it's (YOU) who changed.
>>
>>380435007
Slander is still illegal.
>>
>>380435894
I'll slander ur mum.
>>
>>380435101
>This was a thread talking about Valve not making games, not an anti-Steam thread.
It's implied as all detractors claim that steam is main reason Valve doesn't make game anymore.
>>
>>380435957
Epic xD
>>
>>380435393
Better get Gabe to court and sue him for all the games you bought and enjoyed
>>
>>380430663
>to DRM: the company producing no original games
Just like everybody then?
>>
>>380435995
We can only speculate as Valve itself said that it isn't some central authroity that decides what and when it will be done, but the willingness of the devs. I really wonder what prevents the devs from wanting to work on it (maybe they do work, but don't feel like patching it together? idk).

Still, it makes no sense as to why someone would defend a company he has no actual stake in, it is only natural for customers or former customers to make demands or to critique companies.
>>
>>380430663
Digital GameStop.
>>
>>380435046
Literally everything. There was a leaked Half Life 2 beta including the E3 levels.

Not a single event in those videos didn't have an associated script except for basic stuff like the shuffling of zombies.
>>
>>380432243
This. Fucking Origin has better customer service, and are actually good about refunds.

Too bad it's just EA crap, and since no one uses PC for sports games, it's useless.

Even fucking Uplay is getting better than the shit heap that is Steam. The fuck is wrong with you retards? Valves shitty practices have been brought over to consoles and have almost completely ruined gaming.

Why are you PC fags so Quick to suck Gabe's dick? Valve isn't your friend. And the let's get this straight too: they take upto 30% of everything. Even on those sales. There's a reason why PC can't get exclusives. Valve killed them.

Also, why does it take twice as long for steam to launch a fucking game compared to a fucking WiiU? Not even a PS 4 or Xbox, but a fucking WiiU! On a fucking Samsung 850 Evo ssd even. For fucks sake.
>>
File: 1473128426202.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1473128426202.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>Tfw the last actual Valve game was in 2011
>>
>>380435746
I definitely have but I don't know. On average there's less friendly bantz and shit going on in games because the multiplayer structures have changed too. Like you know how CS and Source had servers you'd see some familiar faces on every day as long as you just kept joining the same ones? And how many games had chat channels for when you were idling outside matches. People actually talked a lot in those.

Now you just press Find Match and find games and never talk to people outside telling "pudge ffs" and shit like that.
>>
>>380437078
Explain in what way it was scripted.
Most - if not everything - shown there was in the game from release.
>>
>>380437742
>There's a reason why PC can't get exclusives
Come on man. I can't believe there are people outside console war bait threads that believe this shit.

The reason I play exclusively on PC is because it has the only exclusives I care about. Europa Universalis, ARPGs like Path of Exile and I'm quite hyped about Lost Ark for example.

>hurr it's spread sheet simulators not games
>hurr PoE has a crappy Xbox version surely it's a relevant game version and so it no longer counts
PC gets lots of exclusives and a lot of them are exclusive also in the sense that those game types don't even exist on consoles.
>>
>>380438541
>The reason I play exclusively on PC
Almost exclusively, I mean.

I do own a console of each gen for the few exclusives I do want. I just don't play them much outside those few games since I vastly prefer PC multiplayers and controls on average.
>>
>>380438541
I'm talking big games. Where's your Zelda? Halo? Last of us? Persona? Bloodborne?

I mean shit, even the ports of console games you get are usually worse (any tales game, nier Automata as examples).

No one ever goes around talking about how hyped they are for civ6 or whatever point and click crap just came out. Seriously, compare that to the console. The fact that publishers can't make any money on steam is exactly why there's no big exclusives. It's also why EA and Ubisoft have their own stores now. Valve eats away too much money.

Also, as happy as I am that you're hyped for lost ark (being completely genuine), none of those games fly at you like a Mario or god of war.

I'm someone who invested in a gaming PC, that hasn't been games on in months. My consoles get more use, yet they were cheaper by a shit tonne.
>>
>>380432484
>ruin their reputation and current profits
yeah I'm sure the 99% of steam users who haven't even played half life are going to stop using the basically unrelated storefront if half life 3 is mediocre

and valve doesn't have a good reputation anymore, it's slowly trickling down the drain with every game not made and every lazy, underhanded business decision they make
>>
>>380433005
>What if the games suck?
valve can't make games that suck
they sure as hell can make mediocre games, and have done so in the past, but having some of the industrys most talented developers and having no external deadlines or restrictive funding means that they would have to fuck up REALLY hard and somehow have nobody notice for a valve game to suck
>>
>>380433934
giant
pink
cookie
>>
Valve is the ultimate fag company. No doubt they definitely allow the CSGO cheating community to exist. If they lifetime banned all the cheaters, the entire pro scene would be dead, which means money down the drain for steam. The entire game would collapse. Every person involved with CSGO is a total shit bag. Look at that girl streamer who just got caught cheating. Literally zero remorse. Cheating has become completely normalized. Her entire crew cheats without a doubt. Twitch unbans her. Valve gives her a pass. WTF. A fucking CULT is what this is. Fuck you, Valve.
>>
File: 1375914172712.jpg (181KB, 649x638px) Image search: [Google]
1375914172712.jpg
181KB, 649x638px
>>380439112
>mfw Undertale was the most culturally relevant thing to happen to PC gaming in the last years

There hasn't been much in PC this entire decade that is on the same level of impact as something like fucking modern zelda. What went so wrong?
>>
>>380431874
>>it's better to make money off other people's shitty unoriginal games than finance your own
Sony, microsoft, nintendo?
>>
File: 1494432749182.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1494432749182.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>380439112
exclusives are irrelevant
what matters is what games are on the platform and how good the platform makes that game, and pc makes all the titles better

if you were a real enthusiast and not a poorfag you'd buy all consoles anyway
>>
>>380430663
Steam Dev Days

Half Life 3 will be announced

you can screencap this
>>
>>380439112
PlanetCoaster Tycoon > your crap
Hell, Cities Skyline is actuallly bigger than your persona or Bloodborn.
>>
>>380439112
>I mean shit, even the ports of console games you get are usually worse (any tales game, nier Automata as examples).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>380439813
Pretty much this, if I remember correctly in the 90's Doom used to be ported to every console, yet PC version prevailed thanks to the gameplay being so much better there.

As long as PC keeps doing innovations others will copy it (just look at how all consoles except Nintendo are dumbed down PCs now) but a lot of people know better and those will be the ones keeping PC gaming alive, regardless of it lacking the instant "wow" factor that a competently made console exclusive gives to the general audience.
>>
>>380439112
PC does have League of Legends, Dota2, Broodwar, World of WarCraft etc., those kind of games. And, let's be honest, while Overwatch isn't a PC exclusive it may as well be as far as competitive play goes.

Thing is, no one's hyped about them because they're not new anymore. The initial hype is long gone but they're hugely popular and they're out there, and faggots here play them on a regular basis too. The reason you don't see them discussed? They're all over there in /vg/, like all the other big games that came out in the past that are still super popular.

I'm not trying to start a console war here to derail the thread, but saying PC has no big games is a blatant lie.
>>
Valve did nothing wrong

Just like Intel did nothing wrong

Just like Logitech did nothing wrong

Just like Microsoft did nothing wrong

I will never understand why people hate these companies. It's petty bullshit, similar to hating your coworker just because he has a nicer car than you
>>
>>380430663
wait till gabe dies and people see steam as what it is or worse when steam dies all that games library is going to be lost

all steam does is create a monopoly they will be able to charge gamers what ever they want and hurt the industry
>>
File: 1368927824905.jpg (38KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1368927824905.jpg
38KB, 565x600px
>>380440363
>Microsoft did nothing wrong

At least valve has produced a game in their lives.
>>
>>380440395
>as what it is or worse when steam dies all that games library is going to be lost
I love this meme.
>Steam will die and all your games will disappear! Just you wait!
>>
>>380440363
What was ever wrong with Logitech?
>>
File: 1428451766424.jpg (43KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1428451766424.jpg
43KB, 600x500px
>>380437742
>There's a reason why PC can't get exclusives. Valve killed them.
Unlike you console peasant we don't care about "exclusives" , we don't need games no one else can get to justify owning PC.
>>
>>380430663
>producing no games
Fixed
>>
>>380430663
GOOD
FUCK VALVE AND FUCK PC PEOPLE
>>
File: steam.jpg (287KB, 780x515px) Image search: [Google]
steam.jpg
287KB, 780x515px
>>380441121
THIS!
>>
>>380439813
I have the ps4, Xbox one, and WiiU (and if we count handheld, 2 3ds and 1 new 3ds)
>>380440117
And yet, there's no outcry for a rollercoaster tycoon game coming to console anywhere near the level of Bloodborne.s

>>380440909
Have fun playing shit games then. If there are no exclusives, there's no reason to take risks.

>>380440346
While rocket league is on everything, and things like Dota 2 can be run on literal toasters, I can see where you're coming from. I'm not trying to start a war either. I'm just fed up with excuses being made to cover up valves terrible practices
>>
>>380441708
nigga
Rollercoaster Tycoon on console just doesn't work.
They already tried.
>>
>>380430663
>Valve should be hated as much as EA
Valce isn't evil though. Just incompetent.
>>
Valve already killed pc gaming while they made hl1 and hl2 the muh story fps games with gimmicks. The thing why Valve isnt hated is because their platform actually has games while stuff that Blizz and Bethesda do is like "hey pls install this yet another drm software so that you can play 3 of our games".
>>
>>380441954
>Valce isn't evil though. Just incompetent.
What ever you say, Steam, with all the flaws it can have, is still the best digital store ever conceived, even compared to Google or Apple or Microsoft.
It also managed to create an actual new interesting controller and many services.
>>
>>380442056
Just before HL1 release, people complained how all fps were just "doom like where you have to collect keys to open doors".
>>
>neo /v/ defending valve being money hungry jews

top fucking lel, not even neofag or plebbit is this bad

grow the fuck up kids
>>
>>380442065
>It also managed to create an actual new interesting controller
No
>>
>>380442732
yes
>>
File: 887845654656.jpg (118KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
887845654656.jpg
118KB, 360x360px
>>380440363
>Just like Microsoft did nothing wrong
When shilling goes too far
>>
>>380440708

nothing, it's just one of those companies I see get shit on for no reason
>>
>>380430663
OP is a Sonyfag isnt he?
>>
>>380431874
Why are Sonybros so retarded? We're getting Moero Chronicles uncensored, a game Sony would never let come uncensored in the west.
Fuck you, stay on your shitty console filled with censored games.
>>
>>380443780
because their exclusive are so important.
Look how they are still playing it...Ho!
>>
File: 1466990042498.png (13KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
1466990042498.png
13KB, 744x615px
>help grow PC gaming so there's many thousands of games to choose from
>muh le half life 3 when xD
>>
>>380444298
Maybe that's why they became so retarded. At least Valve is helping improve the rights for mature games to be on their site unlike Sony which just hide behind the statue quo instead of trying to help companies to figure out how to publish Japanese games uncensored without getting cucked by ESRB.
>>
>>380430663
>>380430784
>>380430951
>>380430980
>>380431474
>>380431618
>>380431648
>>380431874
look at this beautiful orgy of accord, in medium/long length text posts all posted within a few minutes of each other!

This thread is part of a cynically motivated viral mud-slinging campaign by a direct competitor. Viral marketing companies are making their money right now during E3. They're shilling the hell out of /v/ with astroturfing telling you that "Valve is worse than EA, they haven't ever really made games just stolen mods, they're a huge company that does literally nothing but collect rent from Steam.", "The only reason to oppose paid mods is being a selfish neet/poorfag who doesn't want to pay for anything.", "PC Gaming is DEAD because the new consoles are now offering a better price:raw power ratio.", and all manner of other transparent BULLSHIT.

What's really happening is:

Microsoft is currently moving quietly and quickly to lock down the near-monopoly Windows OS into a walled garden platform (where applications of all kinds can only be acquired through their own App Store).

Bethesda is leading the charge (but definitely not alone) to 'monetize user created game content', ie. create an exploitative 'gig economy' for highly skilled game devs of all specialties.

'Gaming consoles' have, with the PS4 and Xbone, become absolutely nothing but small-form-factor gaming PCs with hobbled walled-garden operating systems. They offering NO ADVANTAGES over PCs anymore, not even the theoretical price:performance advantages that older simpler consoles enjoyed. PCs that outperform them can be had for less, and would run all the same games (because they're built on the same OS).

These are the interests that are paying big money to subconsciously influence and direct you. Their primary weapon is simple, obnoxiously transparent astroturfing - the creation of a false appearance of a particular 'common sense' opinion. Don't be used.
>>
>>380445246
fuck off steamshill
>>
>>380445246
This.
>>
>>380431753
>>380431490
I thought capitalism was suppose to innovate and prevent stagnation and all that feel good bullshit snakes like you never really believed in?
>>
I'll not (You) anyone, just posting my opinion:
As a company who shifted from making good games to a company focused on e-sports and a game store, I don't see anything "evil" there. That said, even though I like the concept of Dota 2 and CS:GO, and I benefit of the low price of the games on their store, I still don't feel like playing those games and their store is so cluncky that I always use alternatives when possible.

Anyway, I can't see anything to hate on valve. It's like hating on amazon or microsoft, maybe they're shit but what's the problem if you beneffit from it?
>>
File: 1453332713730.jpg (240KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
1453332713730.jpg
240KB, 800x567px
>>380430663
Valve lost me the moment they said their games would never have paid DLC, then introduced paid DLC to TF2 and said "It's not DLC, it's 'microtransactions.'"
>>
>>380446094
It's worse, but at least they didn't lie.
>>
>>380445246
>where applications of all kinds can only be acquired through their own App Store

This is fucking retarded and beyond stupid. Not even iOS or Android prevent me from installing a random apk. Does anyone honestly think microsoft would ruin themselves by turning windows into a 100% walled garden where you can only installs programs from their store? So much delusion
>>
>>380445246
I haven't seen this pasta before.
>>
>>380445937
>I thought capitalism was suppose to innovate and prevent stagnation and all that feel good bullshit snakes like you never really believed in?
It's funny because there is precisely way more innovative games on Steam than any other system right now.
>>
>>380447084
SHUT UP DELETE THIS AND BUY A PS4!
>>
>>380446739
It will still be technically possible. After you go through several layers of increasingly strongly worded warnings about how dangerous it is, you will be allowed to pay an unlock fee to enable the ability to manually install/run non-verified apps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-s

And then eventually this will also go away, in Windows Cloud or whatever is next.
>>
>>380447032
It's not pasta. The people he replied to are pasta though.
>>
>>380445937
>I thought capitalism was suppose to innovate and prevent stagnation

You thought wrong, capitalism is supposed to bring competition, which MAYBE can give us innovations.
>>
>>380445246
And all of this is happening because valve is lazy af, so what's your point? They're good guys because they didndu nuffin?
>>
>>380430663
>Notch should've taken Valves offer, he could've learned about making video games
>>
File: valve is kill.jpg (2MB, 2032x4889px) Image search: [Google]
valve is kill.jpg
2MB, 2032x4889px
People should start realizing valve doesn't even give a fuck about his games. Why defend them?
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.