[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think this thing will be teased at next years E3? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
Do you think this thing will be teased at next years E3? I'm not talking about this god awful design I found on google but rather a new playstation console.

I think the lack of new game announcements from sony this E3 was because they are already preparing for their next generation console. They obviously have some studios that haven't shown their current games yet like sucker punch, but I think they are saving those up for next years E3 to have some kind of PS4 announcements while they'll tease the PS5 at the end of 2018 and build their 2019 presentation around it.
>>
>>380423218
Why would you need to tease something that is guaranteed to happen?
>>
>>380423218
Why does console concept art all look like ass?
>>
>>380423803
To build hype obviously. Nobody is surprised a new assassins creed / cod come out, yet those games still get teased.
>>
>>380423218
>PS5
>When PS4 isnt even 4 years old

Keep dreaming and come back in about 5 more years. PS4 is in full dev swing, they're not going to just launch a new console when theyre current one is doing so financially well. If they release anything in the next 4 years, it'll be a handheld to compete with switch, and thats unlikely as sony dominates the console market, no point going after nintendo.
>>
we're only 4 years into the ps4's life span so i doubt it
>>
>>380423924
I came here to ask this. Why do all these fake leaks always look like complete dogshit? I mean at least try to make something believable
>>
>>380423998
PS3 had an exceptionally long lifespan for a console. PS4 also came out in 2013, it will be 5 years old next year. If they tease a PS5 and fully reveal it in 2019 then the PS4 will be nearing 6 years which is about as long as it from PS1->PS2 and PS2->PS3.
>>
>>380423998
PS3 only lasted 7 years before the PS4 launched. I bet they announced the PS4 a little more than a year before launch, meaning the announcement came between year 5 and 6.
>>
File: The duke.jpg (86KB, 824x1308px) Image search: [Google]
The duke.jpg
86KB, 824x1308px
>>380424154
Whatever your opinion of any of the PS3s, PS4s, etc, the actual consoles all manage to look good (even the fingerprint-magnet PS3).

No concept art ever looks anything like this.
>>
After seeing their E3 showing for this year, I think it will get "teased" about a month or two before next E3, and fully announced/revealed at E3.

I don't know that it would necessarily be called PS5 though.
I would expect it to essentially be the One X equivalent for PS4.
It would play all PS4 games, with the difference being that it will have games that don't run on current PS4 models and take full advantage of the hardware.
>>
>>380424362
>I would expect it to essentially be the One X equivalent for PS4.
That's the PS4 Pro, no matter what Microsoft says.
>>
>>380424318
I agree with everything but the sandwich press ps3, thing was fuck ugly
>>
File: destiny bundle.jpg (1008KB, 4744x2542px) Image search: [Google]
destiny bundle.jpg
1008KB, 4744x2542px
>>380424362
>Pay 400 dollars for PS4 pro in 2016, just to have to purchase a new console in 2018/2019.

That would fly like a lead balloon if I invest in a Pro. Luckily, I only dropped 200 for pic related the day the pro dropped.

>>380424553
Which one was that? Super slim?
>>
There is zero demand for a new generation of consoles.
>>
File: abp5E8v_700b.jpg (41KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
abp5E8v_700b.jpg
41KB, 700x393px
>>380423218

>Sonygros are so ass blasted about Sony getting BTFO this E3 that they come up with shit like this

Sony is obviously saving their best games for their new, unique console/portable hybrid, the "Playstation Pitch"

Original concept do not steal
>>
I think the next gen should be sold with built in VR set.
This would be a trully big step forward.
All new games should have VR support as a standart of the industry.
They won't games VR only because they still would need to sell you their new overpriced TV however.
>>
>>380424668
It's a good thing you'll never have any say.
>>
>>380424603
Where did you get it for $200?
>>
>>380424603
i had that model but i traded it in for the new slim

having a monument to something as lame as destiny in my bedroom was too irritating. also new slim saves power, heat, noise, yadayada
>>
>>380424668
If a console maker tried to force VR on me, I wouldn't purchase it. It would fly like the Xbone forcing the kinect onto their console. It's a fucking meme thing that I don't want to use, and I'm not willing to pay for it.
>>
>>380424423
I don't think of the Pro as a One X equivalent, I think of it as a way for early 4K adopters to play games on their TV without them getting blown up to hell.
That's essentially all it's really for.

>>380424603
It would definitely piss some people off, but I don't think it's out of the question.
I think consoles are going to start getting new revisions every few years now, pretty sure that's the direction that Sony and MS are trying to push things.
>>
>>380424873
The Pro and One X serve the exact same function. They're more powerful versions of their base console that do not allow you to play new games, but enhance the games and allow for fake 4K, higher framerates, downsampling and such. One of these two consoles may be more powerful than the other, but they fill the same role in the current hardware lineup.
>>
File: emil ps4.jpg (35KB, 554x366px) Image search: [Google]
emil ps4.jpg
35KB, 554x366px
>>380424750
Online. Didn't come with the game, but I didn't want the game. I just thought it was the best looking console for my entertainment center (although the MSG console could look better in a different setup).

>>380424808
I can't stand the look of the generic slim, although I'm genuinely tempted to get the Emil Version of the Slim.
>>
>>380424626

A few of them actually thought this would show up this year. They certainly have wild imaginations
>>
File: resolution.jpg (111KB, 907x619px) Image search: [Google]
resolution.jpg
111KB, 907x619px
>>380425016
Not to mention that you would be hard pressed to tell the difference in resolution between the Pro's checkerboard 4k and the the Xbone X's "true" 4k, even on a large screen. If you're sitting 10 feet away, you would need a 144" screen to see the difference between 1080p and true 4k. I'm guessing you would need an even larger screen to see the difference between checkerboard 4k and true 4k.
>>
>>380423218
Hopefully not until 2020. Too many consoles already.
>>
>>380424603
The PS4 Pro sold like a million units, they could easily get away with shitting on a million customers.
>>
>>380425796
The way they've pushed things with the Pro and Xbone X, I'm not going to be happy about it if it happens before fall of 2023. You want to push the power? Fine, but then you reset the clock on the gen.
>>
>>380424626
You mean a new sony handheld? Yeah, it's not like they've done it before. I think you could even hook up your old sega handhelds to your TV and use them as a home console. How did sega manage to build a time machine to steal nintendos idea from 2017 and bring it back to 1990?
>>
>>380423218
Too soon for PS5.

More likely to be an update to the Pro (Pro Slim) to appease people who want to play 4K movies.
>>
>>380423218
>PS4 is just hitting its stride
>"Whelp, we can't have that! Time to roll out a new console!"
I don't see it happening.
>>
>>380426364
Persona 5 released 2016 on PS3.
>>
>>380426507
Ok. What's your point?
>>
It will be announced at 2019 E3 and released 2020. The year 2018 will be about showcasing games that we didn't get this year.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.