[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets have a thread to discuss the new monster hunter Consolewarrior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1448676672844.png (323KB, 578x507px) Image search: [Google]
1448676672844.png
323KB, 578x507px
Lets have a thread to discuss the new monster hunter
Consolewarrior babies not allowed
>>
>>380406483
No more loading zones is great, but what are your fears for the game
>>
>>380406483
>damage numbers
>no new weapons
>instant Je suis monte for all weapons with the grapple hook
>also stealth for some reason
No sir I do not like it

if it turns out good its nice that it'll be on PC though
>>
>>380408093
This
Also why did they turn the LBG into a machine gun. To be fair I never really used it in the game but I don't remember it shooting that fast, could be wrong
>>
>>380408648
nah, even in the mainline games the LBG was static while shooting. also a lot less quick even with rapid fire
>>
There's not much to discuss, honestly. Just waiting for more footage and stuff. I hope it's good and I hope it doesn't mean XX won't get localized.
>>
>>380408093
>Damage numbers

Thats not a huge deal

>No new weapons

We just got two not that long ago but I still have a lot I havent really played. Maybe thats just me.

>grapple hook

I think its gonna be more so for movement and environment shit

>Stealth

That was in previous games except it wasnt utilized by like anyone as no advantage. But its about going back to the idea of hunting shit. Which personally I like because I always found that odd about the game is you never really HUNT them.

I wonder how Elder Dragons will be handled.
>>
>>380406483
>tigrex
>black tigrex
>thunder tigrex
>red tigrex

yeah i have issues
>>
They really need to show more, a full hunt would be great.
The monster's attacks are what concerns me the most they didn't seem to pose any threat, specially in the bowgun segment where the hunter literally just walks backwards to avoid a series of bites.

I also hope they don't completely ditch the old formula for this.
>>
leaked gameplay footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdA-fwlTh0w
>>
File: 1447306717247.png (357KB, 530x594px) Image search: [Google]
1447306717247.png
357KB, 530x594px
Can't wait to see more of MHW, i still have concerns, especially regarding hbg and how much they may have changed other weapons, but i saw my standard recycled gs animations so this is definitely still a monster hunter game.

And I do hope that MH Portable continues, as much as I'm down for a bit of change, I'd like to keep the standard formula going strong.
>>
>>380411851
See, Capcom made the mistake of making this trailer a highlight reel of new features and not explaining that. It's tailored for old fans, to show off the new stuff because they think that's exciting, but the mistake is they made it look so different and new they actually put old fans off. I think they really should put up a normal full hunt like you said so people can see that it's really not that different when they aren't trying to intentionally show off like "NEW MECHANIC 1! NEW MECHANIC 2! NEW MECHANIC 3! LOOK LOOK NEW MECHANICS!".
>>
In the past 12 hours I've moved from 'fucking hell capcom what are you doing' to cautious optimism.

I'm still pissed at that stupid trailer, though. I want to see fights. All this stealth bullshit and open world fuckery is fine, but capcom failing to deliver on, you know, the core of MH is aggravating. And if XX truly is not localized then they can expect my piracy of Worlds.
>>
>>380414517
I have a feeling stealth is going to mostly be used to avoid having to fight or run away from every large monster you encounter.
>>
>>380406483
did you guys know there's a new multiplayer server for the PSP games?

works with portable 3rd, freedom unite, freedom 2, and freedom

uses the ppsspp emulator, free to use, active discord for arranging hunts

it's pretty rad desu

called hunsterverse
>>
HAMMER WILL BE THE BEST WEAPON. EAT IT GS FAGS.
>>
>>380408648
How do we know it's LBG and not a sieged HBG with added walking and strafing?
>>
>>380408093
>grapple hook cooldown
>give monsters parry state to punish grapple hook

problem solved.
>>
>>380414752
I think so too, which would be nice. That or setting up an assault.

My main issue with it is that it takes up a decent chunk of the trailer. Why? Showing off smoke bombs or traps in the trailer would be dumb. This is too.
>>
god damn it don't fuck the gunlance up capcom pleeaase
>>
>>380415117
>try to grapple Brachydios
>fucker whips around and punches you right in the goddamn face as you fly towards him
>teammates laugh their ass off as your corpse sails through the air majestically before hitting the ground with a heavy thud and then exploding
>>
Open world and no loading zones is great

Just cause hook seems shitty, but I guess it's mostly for navigating the world? Will need to see more before I'm sure about how I feel about it

Turkey T-rex looks like shit

Showing damage numbers seems unnecesary, but I don't mind it

It seems like it's taking itself a bit too seriously, at least by the way it lacks the music while cooking meat

I am hype for the game, but I'm way too into the old formula so I'm more hype about double cross and a new mainline game
>>
>>380415713
This is confirmed to be mainline tho.
If this is how MH will be from now on I do hope they keep the old formula as a long running spin off series.
>>
>>380415919
I'd be fine with that too, a bit sad but I would accept it
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.