[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So from what gameplay we've seen of Odyssey, it seems to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1833.jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1833.jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
So from what gameplay we've seen of Odyssey, it seems to be more of a collectathon compared to the objective based missions of previous games. What do you think of it?
I personally felt the streamed gameplay felt a little drab, but I have high hopes for the game.
>>
Yeah I'm a little disappointed but it looks fun.
>>
It looks more like 64 than any of the previous Mario platformers and that makes me happy
>>
>>380405939

It looks like there's a lot of linear platforming/puzzle sections just like past games in smaller sizes and hidden away.
I feel like the streamers played way too slowly. When there's exploration involved it's not nearly as fun to watch.
>>
I think it's good that there's a balance in Mario titles between sandbox (64, sunshine) and linear (everything else). We haven't had a sandbox one in a while, and this one looks like it will have enough content to last for a (relatively) long time. Next few mario games will go back to being linear levels, hopefully along the lines of galaxy.
>>
>>380405939
I dunno, we need to see more
>100 coins and X amount of moons
Seems the same on paper just without the direct clues upon level entry
>>
>>380406682
>I feel like the streamers played way too slowly. When there's exploration involved it's not nearly as fun to watch.

This, during the Treehouse streams it always felt like whoever was playing was strictly told not to go anywhere besides a very small portion of the map which made it awkward as fuck. You could literally tell there were parts where they were slowly inching towards something they knew they weren't suppose to go, and then they turned around and fucked off somewhere else. It felt weird.
>>
>>380405939
you, YOU personally refused a bigger emphasis on platforming over meme exploration when you spent last thre years screeching "MUH SUNSHINE!!!"

Reap what you sow.
>>
I like how the world looks a lot like 64's worlds but even bigger. Love it in fact.

But I'm disappointed the controls and camera are still 3D World.
>>
>>380407576
>But I'm disappointed the controls and camera are still 3D World.
I'm pretty sure it has 360 camera and motion
>>
>>380407124

That Samantha girl spent like 30 min just pointing out every little detail in the forest level when it could have been done in 5 minutes.
>>
>>380407787

It does. In fact you actually needed to use the camera to fix your view in some of the gameplay.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.