[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't get excited about Nintendo releases because they won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 23434.png (24KB, 224x257px) Image search: [Google]
23434.png
24KB, 224x257px
The original Metroid Prime was described in EGM as having "dropped through a wormhole" because the graphics were so ahead of their time for the consoles. Metroid Prime 4 will not accomplish that.

Super Mario 64 and Zelda OoT were some of the very best looking console games out at the time.

New Nintendo releases don't make me feel like I'm exploring new worlds of technology anymore like they used to. And that was something important to me.
>>
>Super Mario 64 and Zelda OoT were some of the very best looking console games out at the time.

not really
>>
>>380405040
That's alright, lots of people are casual faggots.
>>
>>380405040
You're the kind of faggot who wears tshirts of popular bands you don't actually listen to, aren't you?
>>
>>380405040
>won't have cutting edge graphics
they don't have cutting edge anything, that's why nobody besides the droid is excited
>>
>Super Mario 64 and Zelda OoT were some of the very best looking console games out at the time
Uh, no. Fucking Pilotwings looked better than Mario 64.
>>
>>380406071
Which was also a launch title for N64 so not really making a good point against OP.
>>
Graphics don't have to be the very best to be good. Art design is a key component. It took me a while to see the difference between SD and HD. Now that I can tell the difference, I still can't tell between HD and 4K. To me it doesn't matter if Nintendo's games are the best graphically. By using resources on better graphics that's resources lost on other things. And since Nintendo games have brighter colors they usually look more appealing than most things ion other consoles.
>>
If you watched the sony conference, you are who they are catering to. Not nintendo. Nintendo doesn't see anyone else and competition because they made enough money to go on doing whatever they want forever now. The sony conference was literally "this is how far we can push the technological envelope". Go to them. They are your people. Don't look back and feel bad. Feel good you felt that way in the first place.
>>
The solution is to never look at games from other consoles or PC. Then you can say that Nintendo games are the best you've ever seen.
>>
>>380405040
I hate everything you and people like you have become.
>>
File: sudawhat.png (468KB, 522x427px) Image search: [Google]
sudawhat.png
468KB, 522x427px
>>380405040
>cutting edge graphics
You can't get 'cutting edge graphics' outside of university-grade super computers.

You're constantly playing at sub-optimal graphics compared to what we're capable of producing in the current technology.

It's your fault alone that you set benchmarks based on how your corporate branding has trained you to, playing to your loss-aversion and training you to accept standards of performance that increment at arbitrary measurements.

Let me pose to you an example.

I wager that the industry could have gone from focusing on resolution to focusing on color quality. It's entirely possible that RGB accuracy could have become an industry focus over 4k.

Hell, even the 144 Hz is an actual measurement of performance compared to your 4K, graphical fidelity nonsense.

Performance ought to go up within a certain grade of product each year, I agree. Consider that the Switch has 4X the floating point operations of the Xbox 360. It'll be good enough graphics to look at.
>>
File: 1497063413593.jpg (95KB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
1497063413593.jpg
95KB, 1200x681px
>>380406774
The solution is to set benchmarks appropriate to the product.

For games the focus on graphical fidelity and photorealism, I'll hold them to that bar (Battlefield 1, Battlefront 1/2, Anthem, etc).

For games that clearly don't give a fuck, I'll hold them to how good the actual designs of the characters are, how crisp the animations feel.

Most of the Nintendo games have solid aesthetic, which is more necessary since they've embraced a more cartoony direction over FPS' photorealism.
>>
k
>>
>>380405040
Metroid Prime 1 still looks great today thanks to well done art direction. Metroid Prime 4 will look great as well because they will (hopefully) continue the trend of well done art direction, as well as taking advantage of the more powerful hardware of the Switch. It will look great, and if you can't play it because it's not as good looking as some PC games then that's your loss
>>
You're an idiot. Art style and direction are way more important.

Graphic "fedelity" "shine" "texture" in all Sony and Microsoft games are like presets than can easily be outdated.. While art style can last through time.
>>
File: fhrt.png (21KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
fhrt.png
21KB, 960x540px
>>380405040
It just means your priorities makes you more inline with the mainstream crowd of gamers OP
>>
>>380405040
Idk about Metroid Prime, but SM64 was revolutionary because it was the first real 3D game. Not because of how many pixels or how fast the frame rate was. You can't really have that leap in graphic technology again since we got to the point of inching with improvement.
The graphics of 2057 vs 2007 games will have a smaller jump than 1996 vs 1986.
That and that fact that graphics aren't timeless is the reason why they should have low, if not the lowest priority when looking at a game's quality.
>>
>>380405040
>graphics
haven't mattered since 2007 when crysis raised the bar in detail and scope and their haven't been any significant improvements since
>>
>>380405473
modern nintendo games are hardcore, bro...
>>
>>380406489
>Art design is a key component
Too bad they've been reusing the exact same designs for generations.
>>
>Caring about graphics
Here's your reply
>>
>>380405040
get a life or explore a pistol.
>>
>>380408572
Nintendo doesn't shine in terms of design variety either.
>>
>>380405040

That's irrielevant, Metroid Prime STILL looks impressive today and that was Unreal engine 2.5

Artstyle over realism fag, thats why metroid Prime looks good today
>>
>>380412747

Every console Zelda game has a unique artstyle

Everybody fucking sucks at making a cartoony IP, everytime 3D Mario shows up it always looks stunning

Also
>Wooly World
>Color Splash

In terms of artstyle of course
>>
>>380405040
>Super Mario 64 and Zelda OoT were some of the very best looking console games out at the time.
You must be 18 or older to post on this website
>>
>>380405040
>Can't get excited about Nintendo releases because they won't have cutting edge graphics
Pussy. Gameplay is most important, not graphics.
>>
>>380413436
That's true, but...
>Not wanting both.
You're still plebeian trash.
>>
>>380407347

This is true. The last time consoles were actually better than PCs in terms of graphics was like in 2005 and it was for a whopping three months
>>
File: best selling games.jpg (189KB, 745x660px) Image search: [Google]
best selling games.jpg
189KB, 745x660px
>>380405040
People do not care about cutting edge graphics.
>>
>>380413945

>diablo 3 sold 30 million

STOP

FUCKING STOP
>>
>>380413583
>when you accept that you're the cancer killing videogames because of your predisposition towards graphics as opposed to a game being fun
>still calls another person plebeian trash
wow, stay here in 4chan and never leave faggot
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.