[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10 mins of gameexplain Odyssey footage https://www.youtube.c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1468369073643.jpg (71KB, 1015x536px) Image search: [Google]
1468369073643.jpg
71KB, 1015x536px
10 mins of gameexplain Odyssey footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5F60fXVa4

>hub world loaded with objectives
>bringing up the map implies a night cycle with alternate missions
>customize mario however you'd like
>talk to civilians
>explore, find nooks, and doors to linear challenges to obtain the collectible

Is this what they meant by revamping both Zelda and Mario?
I'm pretty blown away by this. Compare this risky creative behavior to when they played it safe with 3D Land and 3D World, and all those NSMB games.

This is great news, even if you don't like this type of game. I personally think exploration that leads into linear challenges is perfect, but even if you want only linearity, you have the next linear mario game to look forward to, which out to have a lot of unique ideas thanks to the buzz surrounding this game.

I mean they have mario in a fedora and a sombrero, talking to new yorkers. Or new donkers, I guess.

As a sidenote, I'm glad the positive reception to 3D World and Galaxy's fantastic music is still fueling their drive to not settle for cheap bah-bah music.
>>
>>380404124

Im not a kid so I would get bored of this game after like an hour or two. There is just no challenge in mario games anymore. Mario 64 wasn't exactly hard but it wasn't a breeze like new mario games are now.
>>
>>380404124
>Runs past every interesting looking thing

Still looks fun, but I don't like the markers on the map. They need to look at Breath of the Wild and realize that shit is better left off the map.
>>
So now it's just GTA clone with coins and jumping?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcZt35MOpxU
This is great. Some moons act like Koroks and Shrines.
>>
>>380404515
mario games were never made to be challenging or hard games

theyre made for everyone
>>
>>380404772
essentially botw yes
>>
>>380404515
Mario 64 was easy until the second half. Just like most Mario games. You'd probably be more of a 2D Mario fan, in which case your best bet is to hope for a Mario Maker sequel and add levels manually.
>>380404768
At face value I completely agree. Mario 64 didn't have that and it didn't need it. That said maps are much bigger here and I don't know how in-depth it gets. I also suspect that you might be locked onto a main objective that pre-determines certain elements of the map, but I need to look at more videos to be sure.

>>380404772
Not really, no. GTA heavily relies on driving and shooting objectives and the design based around the exploration is different.
>>
>>380405002
B-B-B-BUT MARIO WAS HARD WHEN I WAS A KID
>>
>>380404897
>Some moons act like Koroks and Shrines.
>more open world shit

gg nintendo
>>
BING BING
WAHOO
*1-UP*
>>
>>380404772
Seems more like a Banjo game now
>>
I'm getting some heavy Sonic '06 vibes from this game.
Must be the mashup between cartonish and realistic figures.

Sonic '06 made me not like that, for good reasons. Am I the only one?
>>
>>380405205
its also cause of the open world approach, which is what sonic 06 was about too
>>
>>380405205
Fuck off
>>
It's amazing how accurate 'Breath of the Wild of Mario' is turning out to be. I imagine this game is going to be incredibly polarizing just like BotW was for the Zelda fanbase.
>>
File: ki5gy7homc1gb4od7bae.jpg (24KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
ki5gy7homc1gb4od7bae.jpg
24KB, 620x400px
>>380405002
EHEM
https://youtu.be/Y3Y1lbG0HkI?t=310
>>
>>380405758
The difficulty in Sunshine is difficult for all the wrong reasons though, and one of the reasons the game is a step down from the other games in the series. Sorry, but I don't think fighting the controls of this shitty leaf floating down a river is a positive thing in a Mario game, or any game at all.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.