[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >people still hyped for old and busted sidescroller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 128952860925.png (9KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
128952860925.png
9KB, 429x410px
>2017
>people still hyped for old and busted sidescroller format games like Kirby and Metroid
Fucking really? Put off your nostalgia glasses, it's not 90s anymore.
>>
SEETHING
>>
Yeah, vome play on PS4 where we have EPIC games like Spiderman and The Last of Us! Cinematic!

#4ThePayers
>>
>>380394921
Think that's bad? Imagine growing up in the 80's (late 80's were when things were finally good) and having to swim through oceans of side scrolling garbage.

Metroidvania games still irritate the hell out of me.
>>
>>380394989
It's just glorified high budget shovelware at this point.
>>380395394
That was cool a few years ago, but we've got to move on from those as well. Jumping back a decade or two and clinging to the old shit isn't making things better.
>>
File: Chris_Avellone1.jpg (217KB, 795x861px) Image search: [Google]
Chris_Avellone1.jpg
217KB, 795x861px
The old me would have agreed with OP, as I'm not a fan of either franchise, and I hate sidescrollers and anything Nintendo.

But I love oldschool RPGs like Baldur's Gate, and I enjoyed Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny, so that'd make me a hypocrite.

Your basic argument OP is that people shouldn't be excited to play games they like. That is the dumbest shit ever. What does nostalgia have to do with it? If they legitimately still find enjoyment, who cares? A continuation of an older franchise isn't bad as long as its done right. But that's for them to decide.
>>
>>380395394
>>380395479
i know right? thank god it is the future now and we have VR

final fantasy fishing? oh boi! day one i'm in!
>>
>>380395716
It's okay to enjoy oldschool stuff, but that doesn't make it remarkable to apeshit excited about it.

What I wish is that games like Metroid Prime 4 try something new in terms of game "format".
Perhaps not completely new, but I don't want it to be just more of the same with a bit of story and new graphics added to it.
>>
File: confused cats.jpg (125KB, 900x770px) Image search: [Google]
confused cats.jpg
125KB, 900x770px
>>380396679
Why is change an intrinsic good to you?
If a format is generally solid then why should it be radically changed?
>>
I know you're talking shit about Metroid and Kirby but the 2D Metroid plays like a mix of Other M (optional flashy combat moves), Prime (environmental cues), and traditional Metroid. Just as well, this new Kirby game is more or less a sequel to the 64 title (the ONLY Kirby game in that style) with ability stacking. So fuck you.
>>
>>380397064
>then why should it be radically changed?
To offer something new.

Even if it's remix of other old elements, as long as the end result has something different.
>>
That would make sense if those games looked like rehashes like most CoD or Ass Creed games.

New Kirby looks like a sequel to Kirby 64 which is a fucking blast of a game, no reason to not get hype.

3DS Metroid has tons of new elements added.

And Metroid Prime 4 is just a big name announcement.
>>
>>380398071
Okay but why is that inherently desirable?
Novelty-seeking is normalfag-tier, it's better to actually develop preferences instead of going for whatever's new.
>>
>>380398071
Do new levels not count as something new to you?
>>
>>380398231
>Novelty-seeking is normalfag-tier
Yeah, I'm done talking to you.
>>380398381
Such a small addition is hardly worth a new installation.
>>
>>380398628
Because you don't have any actual argument lmao
>>
>>380398628
>Levels in a sidescroller is a small addition
u wot m8
It's also not like they don't usually add some extra power ups or something like that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.