[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really, really hope this turns out good but I can't help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

I really, really hope this turns out good but I can't help but picture how bad they could fuck it up. The original's art direction is timeless and holds up amazingly in high resolutions but I can just imagine some retard in a board room somewhere demanding they make it "realistic" to "show off" the "PS4's power". Hell, you can already see this a bit with Wander's more natural look.

Please, please don't fuck this up.
>>
Why are Japanese developers making more remakes than actual content? Hell, new IPs? And why full price?

Squeenix fucking ruined a great series with Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Look at what they're doing with FFVII remake, it will be 3 separate games at least.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-will-be-multiple-full-sized/1100-6438387/

Japanese material is dying along with its native populous. Gone are the creative minds. Or they gtfo of there. Every year or so there is one diamond in the rough that shines.
>>
>>380384104
I swear to god if they change the soundtrack even by a single tune I will drop this faster than Nintendo the Wii U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJnfkb1hKv4&list=PL4619CDF2FD0D8394
>>
File: 1494746886003.jpg (105KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1494746886003.jpg
105KB, 850x850px
PC?
>>
File: 1384911166063.jpg (11KB, 300x314px) Image search: [Google]
1384911166063.jpg
11KB, 300x314px
>>380384104
>people think this is going to be 1:1 recreation of the auteur work of art that was the original
is probably going to have rpg elemets and other mundane shit

>>380385752
gr8 meme
>>
>>380385752
Just emulate it
>>
>>380385997
Guess I'll stick with emulating PS2.
>>
you actually like 15fps, blurry, jagged textures?
>>
>>380386353
The PS3 version already fixes that, and it's better than bland as fuck visuals anyway.
>>
I think we've seen enough of it to decide if they ruined the art direction and atmosphere, seems fine. The only area they didn't really show is the 4th colossi's area, since its a bit green and will probably be more lush.

I actually think the flying ones could be really good with better visuals, especially the 5th colossi.
>>
Is it going to be full price?
>>
File: Wander.jpg (47KB, 353x354px) Image search: [Google]
Wander.jpg
47KB, 353x354px
>>380386691
The colossi look good, but I don't think we've seen enough of the environments and especially of the human characters which they almost specifically avoided showing. I don't want the unique artstyle to be replaced with realistic skin shaders and whatnot.

>>380386939
It is a mystery, but probably not. Ratchet & Clank wasn't.
>>
>>380387242
>Rachet and Clank
Doesn't make me feel better, since that was a western developer.

The past couple of years it has become trendy for Japanese studios to release remakes at full price.
>>
>>380384520
The cry for original IPs is baffling.

I'd only want to stop seeing sequels if the concept is devoid of freshness. It's a lot easier to meet expectations by taking something and refining it than it is to craft something from nothing.
>>
>>380384104
Wander looks off. He should be paler than that.
>>
>>380387958
I don't want to stop seeing sequels, where did I say that? I just don't want new IPs to cease or become rare, what kind of normal person doesn't want new content or fresh minds?

Also, you didn't mention the remake trend.
>>
>>380384832
tbqh fami
there are the 3 most important things that they cannot change in this game, the music, the controls and the dark artstyle
These 3 things are fundamental to telling the story of the game
>>
>>380388914
>mfw they decide the fictional language is too much for normies and decide to dub it into English instead
>Wander voiced by Yuri Lowenthal
>>
Are they going to remake the OST? It had better be faithful
>>
>>380387804
>Japanese studios to release remakes at full price.
the yakuza remake coming this year isn't full price

>>380389381
>fictional language is too much for normies and decide to dub it into English instead
>mfw
>>
>>380389381
Don't worry. You can hear Dormin speak gibberish in the trailer.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.