[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People are excited about Metroid Samus Returns >Already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: AM2R.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AM2R.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>People are excited about Metroid Samus Returns
>Already have a perfect remake with additional content
>>
I can enjoy both dammit
Nintendo needs to see Samus Returns having significantly good sales to warrant more support
>>
>get to enjoy both
Problem?
>>
File: reg.png (425KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
reg.png
425KB, 640x480px
>>380383418
What remake?
>>
>perfect

It was good, but AM2R is hardly a god tier Super Metroid-like experience.
>>
>>380383565
you know people aren't allowed to be happy about anything around here.
>>
>>380383418
Both are short games and one of them is free, why can't you play and enjoy both?
>>
>>380383418
Samus Returns is alot different, and if it sells well Super Metroid is next on the block for a remake like this. probably for Switch too.
>>
File: both.jpg (15KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
both.jpg
15KB, 252x252px
>this thread
>>
>>380383548
>support
Can you just fuck off with this shit
>>
>>380383676
>but AM2R is hardly a god tier Super Metroid-like experience.
You can say the same about every Metroid game, included Prime. Also, not even Super is perfect, the game cries for a DualShock type controller.
>>
>>380383629
nothing reggie go to sleep
>>
>>380384034
Nothing wrong with it if it's actually a good game. unlike alot of other things people want us to "support"
>>
>>380383780
>if it sells well Super Metroid

>mercury steam takes over (and ruins) Metroid the same way they did Castlevania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_HwzO2uqVs
>>
>>380383780
>if it sells well Super Metroid is next on the block for a remake
We starting this 'please buy this game even if it's not good, it has to do well so we get more!" shit with this series now? Go play Super Metroid, it doesn't need a remake.
>>
Sorry, I didn't mean to say you can't enjoy both.
I just wanted a fresh, new 2D Metroid.
Something that added new aspects to it.
>>
>>380384369
Nope i'm only saying this because it actually looks like a great remake otherwise i'd say fuck it.
>>
>>380383780
>if it sells well Super Metroid is next on the block for a remake

Because I really want the most aesthetically perfect game to be bastardized with 2.5D visuals.
>>
>>380384361
Dude did you even look at the game, it's a 2d style metroid game like the original with new innovations and content. also it's being supervised by the creator of metroid. it won't become lords of shadow.
>>
>>380384593
It looks fine to me, it will be alot better too if it's on Switch. i prefer Zero Mission to Super anyways so i'm not a nostalgiafag for it.
>>
File: 1497402517503.jpg (1004KB, 1849x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497402517503.jpg
1004KB, 1849x1080px
>>380384786
Looks a lot similar to LoS, m8.
Now that I've seen this, I don't want it at all.
>>
>>380385082
Watch the gameplay demo, or don't because you don't actually care and you are just baiting like half of /v/ usually is.
>>
>>380384786
They revived Yokoi? Whatever, Sakamoto doesn't have complete control over the project so it's good.
>>
>>380385552
Yokoi didn't have nearly as much to do with Metroid as you think he did.
Everyone credits Super Metroid to him, even, when he literally did not do a thing during development because he was busy with other things. It was Sakamoto leading that project.
>>
>>380384786
>Dude did you even look at the game
Yes, it looks just like that piece of shit castlevania 3DS game

>it's a 2d style metroid game like the original with new innovations and content
No, it's a 2.5D with ugly low poly 3D models

> it's being supervised by the creator of metroid
How did they bring back Gunpei Yokoi back from te dead?

> it won't become lords of shadow.
I wish I was as optimistic as you
>>
>>380386410
You said Metroid creator, not who made Super good. But like I said, whatever, Samus Returns looks good so far.
>>
>>380385082
It's also using the Mirror of Fate engine.
>>
>>380384786
reggie pls go
>>
>>380384369
>even if its shit
Pretty sure the vast majority of people were shitting on federation and saying not to buy it. If samus returns is shit id expect the same. But from the gameplay we have seen that doesnt appear to be the case.
>>
>>380383418
So we get TWO cool remakes instead of one? Cool.
>>
Gee Nintendo, why does your mom let you have TWO new Metroid games?
>>
Fuck off with these threads. The new 3DS Metroid game is a Monkey Pawed wish.
AM2R will always be superior. Also nothing will beat the stuff the dev added in like seeing the marines get fucked, or the timed explosion segment. Also the cliff at the top of the planet was great. The new 3DS Metroid game is by mercurystream the idiots that did the 3DS Castlevania games so DROPPED
>2.5D 30fps Metroid 2 remake
>244p graphics
>from the developers of this pile of shit
Oh boy, I can't wait!
Same engine as Mirror of Fate, same slow-motion block-counter move as Mirror of Fate, same floaty movement, same 30 FPS lock with dips way below that (you can clearly see the trailer going sub 30 FPS multiple times) and most importantly, MercurySteam logo at the end.
It's also been casualized, if you die in a boss battle, you get spawned by the boss room. So no, 3D is always a mistake. Bloodstained looked awful and so does Metroid Samus Returns
>>
>>380383418
>People excited for game
>Even though there is other gam??
What the...???
>>
It will be kind of sad when a game made by amateurs in their spare time is better than a professional game studio, but hey, it will wake Nintendo up.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.