[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's get on the metroid bandwagon again despite the fact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (123KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
123KB, 400x225px
Let's get on the metroid bandwagon again despite the fact that nintendo dmca'd a fanremake of metroid 2 out of spite because they wanted to make their own and didn't want to be beaten at their own game
>>
File: 1497400937226.jpg (3MB, 2629x1229px) Image search: [Google]
1497400937226.jpg
3MB, 2629x1229px
>>380376254
>When they got beaten at their own game by a free fan remake
>>
>steal an IP to make a competing product for free
>surprised when legal action is taken
AM2R was great, I'm glad I got it before it went down, but Nintendo is legally in the right here.
>>
>Out of spite
They let it finish and release first. They're simply doing what's needed to legally protect their IP. They could have done a lot worse.

No one shits on Sega for doing the same exact thing to Streets of Rage Remake.
>>
>>380376838
Shouldn't be considered a competing product. If anything it would only popularize the main title (leading to more sales on the VC) and the title was only available on PC, which is basically exclusive to PC gamers and therefore not even aware to the general public. I know Nintendo gotta protect their IP but when a project is this good and this well recieved it just seems like a jerky move. Still totally get it though, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it.
>>
>>380377497
>If anything it would only popularize the main title
I think I'm going to want to see some evidence for this claim, because I don't exactly trust random anon's opinions on how markets work.
>>
Nintendo is not what it used to was then in the past being for the time that as of now we contemplated as the contemporary state of time and perception of a shared reality.
>>
>>380376254
As much as I disapprove, Nintendo was entirely within their rights to DMCA AM2R. For what it's worth, they could have been a lot harder on the dude, and they didn't interfere until the thing was completed.
>>
ungratefulness.
>>
>>380376254
Reminder if you don't buy it on 3ds Metroid will be cancelled forever!
>>
this game is so ugly, why would you make it 3D and not hand-drawn/sprite-based 2D
>>
File: 1399586853784.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1399586853784.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>380377995
>>
>>380376254
I doubt this game was even in the works when AM2R released.
>>
>>380377497
they left it alone long enough to get the game released and spread over the internet.
They had all the time in the world to shut it down before it's release.
>>
>>380376614
But anon this is a free official remake.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.