[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DAMAGE NUMBERS CONFIRMED MONSTER HUNTER WORLD https://twitt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 410
Thread images: 71

File: MH FUCKING.jpg (36KB, 315x276px) Image search: [Google]
MH FUCKING.jpg
36KB, 315x276px
DAMAGE NUMBERS CONFIRMED MONSTER HUNTER WORLD

https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874783837502550017

IT'S ALL OVER, THE """"A"""" TEAM HAS BETRAYED US
>>
>>380375421
Really? out of all the things they could have changed thats what triggers you the most? They could have completely revamped combat, loot, and gear and you're more concerned with fucking numbers?
>>
WHY
>>
>>380377042
why not
>>
>>380377042
Their lord Satan wills it
>>
>>380375421
> all those people asking if you can turn the numbers off
Lol
>>
>not casualized they said
>>
>>380377134
immersion
>>
>>380375421
What's the problem?
>>
>>380378071
Prepare your anus for camera lock-on.
>>
>>380378436
that was already a thing in the last 3 MH games.
>>
>>380375421

I'de much rather critical effects for most effective attacks/vulnerable spots than damage numbers.

When I think MH I think very raw, It's nice to know what's most effective, but when you boil that down to numbers it kinda gets to raw output and this will outright represent certain weapons as better than others. I think like a hit spark on most vulnerable areas and weakness written in your book for the monster would of been way better.
>>
>>380375421
If there's no health bar then it really isn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't mind an option to turn if off though.
>>
>>380378556
no it wasnt
>>
>>380378556
No, you can just center the camera. It doesn't do jack shit against monsters that move, which is all of them all the time
>>
>>380378556
You know damn fucking well that's not what he means.
>>
>>380376001
are you really such a brainlet that you don't understand what this means in the long run?
>>
>>380378641
I just want to know why the game has them, surely it would make more sense for Capcom to finally show the real damage output of weapons in the stat screen instead of the obtuse arcane mathematics people have needed to use to decipher the actual damage values.
>>
>>380375421
What is this BULLSHIT?!
>>380376001
Have you EVER played a monster hunter game before?
>>
>>380378873
i don't play monhun, so what does this mean in the long run?
>>
>>380378641
Its a big deal when people release the hp for the different parts and what will always allow 100% capture.
>>
>>380375421
This isn't as awful as it seems; you should be calculating damage numbers and hitzone values so you know when you're reaching stagger. But I'm still cautious of this game
>>
>>380379168
If damage numbers become the norm then the series will no longer need to rely on displaying damage through physical changes on the monsters themselves and also their behaviours to being attacked. It could have a massively negative impact on the design of the game.
>>
>>380375421
I will never understand why people like this franchise. Wtf is wrong with numbers?
>>
>>380379123
Of course not.
>>
File: 1487476939886.jpg (141KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487476939886.jpg
141KB, 1200x900px
>>380378071
The grappling hook in the trailer should have been the biggest and most blatant giveaway. Since in MonHon games, even if only contextual to ones surroundings, the ability to move back and forth or up and down opens up the ability for quick get away at a moments notices for one to heal, sharpen, or buff. That would other wise be more dangerous and risky to do without the ability to easily put large distances between the player and the monster.

And since the map will be entirely seamless without any map transitions ,depending on how the monster AI works of course, Shit can be easily cheesed by people just fighting the things in the safest and most convenient areas since monster can then apparently always be dragged and agroed back to that area.

And yo know what there is nothing really wrong with that. But at the same time fags should not be so defensive with shit being called what it is. Which is that MonHun World will be the most casulized entry into the series as of yet. And again nothing wrong with that really but its just weird to see faggy nerds so defensive about it.
>>
>>380379298
Isn't that almost impossible in multiplayer
>>
>>380379495
i mean... is there really no way that the damage numbers merely help additionally clarify some things here?
it seems like kind of a stretch that some numbers will completely replace something so fundamental to fighting the monsters
>>
>>380379280
Then don't look up on the internet what will allow for 100% capture? I don't really understand that argument. What >>380379495 said makes more sense for why it's a bad idea.
>>
>>380379567

The less HUD information, the better

Reading the monster's behavior is what makes a hunt great.
>>
about time
>>
File: 1488126809070.jpg (35KB, 720x535px) Image search: [Google]
1488126809070.jpg
35KB, 720x535px
>>380378436
you don't need lock-on with a controller
>>
>>380379495
Not him, but
>the series will no longer need to rely on displaying damage through physical changes on the monsters themselves and also their behaviours to being attacked.
Shut the fuck up and get the fuck out.
This shit has NEVER once been consistent.
>unleash a full Level 3 GS charge slash right into a monster's dick
>fucking super armor no-sell and continues doing its attack animations
>do a GS sword slap for pitiful damage on the same monster in its unseverable tail
>falls over and cries in pain
In b4 "hurr u don't even play"
Nigga, I have been G-ranking since Freedom Unite. I may not have started on the PS2 with the big dogs, but even I can tell you this is bullshit that happens all the goddamn time.
>>
>>380379815
>>380375421
>>380378873
>>380379123

They literally just had an interview where the director said the combat, stays the same. They showed more classic GS attacks. He said, all 14 weapons are in and they are only making additions. I repeat COMBAT IS THE SAME WITH ADDITIONS. Why are you people such fucking cry babies?
>>
Health bars next, they want the western casual audience.
>>
>>380380452
This.
>>
>>380379495
>>380379123
I agree its a bad change but my point is that there a lot of other much worse stuff they could have done to the game than this. They already confirmed no health bars so it's not the worst thing in the world. And yes I've been playing since MHFU over 2000 hours across the series.
>>
>>380379567
>Wtf is wrong with numbers?

Pointless clutter. Really if one were honest and were to get into as deeply and cleanly as possible it is just pointless clutter.

Since in MonHun when ever the monsters reach a certain low percentage of life left. The monster walking animation changes to one that shows it more or less limping. Meaning that there is already a way to tell when one has already heavily damaged shit. And since monster can be captured it adds a bit of complexity to it since if one is out to capture it one has to look out for that animation which then means its captureable.

So it just is pointless and stupid because of its pointlessness of it. And to a point its kinda dumb to encourage dumb pointless shit that will only add pointless clutter if added.

So its only really a negative for damage numbers to be added all around since it adds nothing and diminishes shit slightly
>>
>>380379956
Monster Hunter is designed in a way that damage numbers simply aren't necessary, adding them removes the need of the developers to put effort into Monster reactions/behaviour, to believe otherwise is simply naïve. Monster Hunter games do have a stat problem, but that can be solved by actually showing us our weapons real damage values in the stat screen (Previous games use weird logic that the community has to decipher just to figure out how good their weapons are because the numbers lie)
>>
>>380380524
So it'll appease to both die hard fans and new comers alike?
>>
>>380380524
>Why are you people such fucking cry babies?

>WITH ADDITIONS.

are you dumb? Like honestly? Or are just steeped like like over a dozen layers of irony or some shit?
>>
>>380380163
>monster stays in rage mode and loses its shit during a cap mission
>doesn't limp or anything just does its retarded dig/fly/jump 50 fucking areas away from you like they all do nowadays, but doesn't go back to its sleep spot so you think it's still ready to tussle
>hit it once with a minor attack after catching up to it
>it dies
GEE I SURE AM GLAD THESE BEHAVIORS ARE TOTALLY CONSISTENT AND NOT MISLEADING WHATSOEVER
>>
>>380380452
So you're saying that those problems will get worse?
>>
Damage numbers are a good thing. I'm actually a bit more excited about this MH following the QoL footsteps other hunting games have brought on.
>>
I don't want to count I want to hit it till it dies. I'd be satisfied if I can turn this the fuck off.
>>
>>380380452
Completely wrong. Look up some japanese speedruns back when headlocking was still a thing, it was 100% predictable.

Why is /v/ so terrible at games?
>>
>>380380937
Oh yeah I forgot that MH "fans" can't accept new stuff.
>>
>>380380809
still i think it's a stretch.
of course, damage numbers aren't necessary in any game. would they make the game slightly easier? maybe that was their intention, and not to simply forgo designing a lot of monster behavior?
>>
I don't really get this change. Were people having a hard time determining how much damage you were doing to a body part? I don't think they outright teach you in MH that more blood spray = weaker body part
>>
seems entirely pointless becase you cant see health bars so its just there for the sake of being there
having visual feedbacks like bigger bloodsprays on weak points and so on would fit much better
>>
>>380379168
>>380379579
So, here is a quick rundown.

Monsters are either slayed, or they are captured.

Slaying them mean you kill them, straight up, no bull shit. How you do that is up to you, but most players will be relying on a team of other hunters, all equipped with armor and weapons, but even that is not enough at time, so you end up bringing traps, flash bombs, and other tools to use on the monsters.

Capturing a monster is a different story, as a monster cannot be killed if it is to be captured, and capturing a monster require you capture it in a trap, be that a shock trap, a pitfall trap, or something across those lines. Once a monster is lead into a trap, all you have to do is tranquilize it with tranq bombs, tranq arrows, or using a special tranquilizer liquid on your bladed weapon.

It all sounds simple and easy, right? Now you are wondering, "Well, then why does it matter if you can see the damage you do in real time now"?

Well, you and your party all have bars of health, and stamina, as does the monsters you fight, but unless you hack the game, it is completely impossible to see exactly how much health a monster has left, as no player can see the monster's health or stamina bar.

This is what makes Monster Hunter fun and less casualized, as you literally have to pay attention to the details on the monster in order to find out just how weakened they are.

Monsters can develop scars during battle, and some parts of the monster can be severed, such as the tail, or broken, such as their wing bones. When a monster has taken a beating, it will become enraged, which will cause it to be stronger, faster, and have more moves to use, for a short period of time.

If a monster is beaten down and is not rage mode, it will try to retreat, and this is when observation matters most.

Was the monster salivating and sluggish? It is retreating to eat prey and gain stamina. Was the monster limping or crying out for back-up? It is now weak enough to capture.

Ya get it?
>>
>>380380728
My current main issue with damage numbers is purely for aesthetic reasons, I want a cleaner look.
>>
The only feedback you need when hitting a monster is the blood splatter, and MHW doesn't even have that
>>
>>380380782
>Since in MonHun when ever the monsters reach a certain low percentage of life left. The monster walking animation changes to one that shows it more or less limping. Meaning that there is already a way to tell when one has already heavily damaged shit.
You're so full of shit.
See >>380380939
>>
>>380381157
>change is always good

guess sfv is a good game since it has changed so much
>>
>>380375421
MHfags' tears sustain me
>>
>>380380452
> he doesn't know or understand what flinch/stagger thresholds are
> says it's "not consistent"
Please go be uneducated elsewhere. If you've been G-ranking since Freedom Unite then you should have an understanding of how things like flinch/stagger thresholds operate and how you can take advantage of them.
>>
So now I will actually know which attack does good damage and are useful to attack with?
Will this also means that everyone will just play GS as it has always been the most OP weapon in the series and the numbers will now confirm it.
>>
>>380381186
It's a grognard thing.

Using a spreadsheet on your computer compiled by others over time to find out what weapon does how much damage is PART OF THE EXPERIENCE YOU and if you don't like that you're a casual who should FUCK OFF
>>
>>380381224
>This is what makes Monster Hunter fun and less casualized,

Not really.
>Y-You have to watch his animations to know!
Fuck no you don't. 99% of players built up and used a capture armor set to know the exact moment they needed to stop killing. The ONLY thing this addition (not a change) does is remove pointless grinding of parts for a niche armor set.
>>
>>380381445
I don't like lying damage but I also don't like damage numbers popping up, I toggle that shit off in every game, it's just ugly screen clutter.

I'm sure they'll let me toggle it off though so it's not an issue.
>>
>>380379895
Yeah, don't bother with it in multiplayer. But knowing exactly when to stagger is very helpful on tougher missions.
>>
>>380381224
>This is what makes Monster Hunter fun and less casualized, as you literally have to pay attention to the details on the monster in order to find out just how weakened they are.
No, it's what makes at least one poor bastard have to equip the Pro Trapper skill because otherwise if the fucking monster stubs his toe or whatever dumbass trigger barely before reaching that point, he will not show any evidence of being weakened whatsoever when he escapes, and by the time you catch up to him clobber him, you'll have killed him.
This shit has happened countless times to me in multiplayer, even with -GOOD- players.
>>
Hahaha

HAHAHAHA

This is what sonyyggers get lmao. Holy shit. You guys can have your """westernized""" MH
>>
i think damage numbers are bad but health bars are good :)
>>
>>380381606
And they only used those capture sets on monsters that yielded more favourable rewards when capping, or when specific items can only be obtained from quest rewards or capturing.
>>
>>380381819
I've played every single MH game since FU and I have never once had to craft or gem in a capture set. It's PAINFULLY OBVIOUS when the monster is ready to cap because they very conspicuously limp away in a manner that they do not do in any other situation. You're just dogshit at the game and played too much with pubs.
>>
>>380381407
I don't because it's all bullshit when monsters themselves aren't even consistent.
>hunt a rath
>crunch the numbers
>do the exact same quest it's now a bigger rath with more HP and attack
>numbers are all fucked up now
>>
From the stream:

>Starts by showing extended trailer I
think?, notes no loading screens between areas but it's not a fully connected open world.
>Ryozo (Capcom) wants to note 'living breathing world', monsters all have intelligent AI and desires/interactions, world going on around you and you can use their interactions to your advantage.
>Interviewer asks about stealth sequence we saw - Ryozo notes there are new suit items like mantles, new one from the trailer, cannot have on all the time, has a cooldown. Also opposite which lets you lure monsters towards you.
>Interviewer asks how multiplayer is being approached - Ryozo notes previously it was 4 player, going to hub, questing, etc. New game will include drop-in multiplayer via shooting up flair part way through quest (same as in trailer).
>Interviewer asks whether hunter lounges will exist - Ryozo confirms 'of course'.
>Interviewer asked about joined servers (related to global presumably) >Ryozo notes that yes, all servers merged into one, everyone will play together, simultaneous launch as well.
>Interviewer asks about any new tweaks to combat system - Ryozo wants to assure everyone all 14 weapons are in, they know hunting is core gameplay, not removing anything, building on base from previous titles.
>Goes on to talk about 'slinger' (grappling hook item), can also pick up rocks and use slinger to launch rocks around.

Overall /v/intendogaf got pretty BTFO
but yes, there ARE damage numbers.
>>
>>380382235
>damage control
>>
>>380382150
No, they only used it when it's part of the fucking quest, dipshit.
Case in point being the goddamn key quests that require capping or shit like deviant questlines which have mandatory capture quests.
>>
>>380375421
ITT: fear
>>
>>380382245
> but that's not how it works. The only time when thresholds change are when they're reached or you advance to High-G-rank, or you're doing certain event quests, at which point they're increased to accommodate for higher player stats.
This also goes for things like monster attack values.
>>
>>380381683
they're actually just scared of autism potentially showing up
>>
File: 1469138956160.png (307KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469138956160.png
307KB, 500x500px
>>380381305
4 was good. But 5's problem was lack of content and shit balance.
>>
I'll just turn it off, no big deal.
>>
>>380381224
interesting, thanks for the rundown.
but, while they added damage numbers, monsters don't have health bars or anything, and you can't find out a monster's max health
i don't see why you wouldn't still have to rely on watching the monster's behavior to determine how hurt it is
i was just kind of assuming damage numbers were to more directly illustrate the progression and state of the player's weapon
>>
ITT: HURRRDURRRR LOOK MOMMY IM SO HARDCORE!!! XDDD

Kys youre'selfs you fucking manchildrens. I hope devs will also put in boss hp bar next desu.
>>
>>380383465
Yeah I don't get it either, nothing will change except that everyone will start using GS because it deals so much more dmg than anything else.
>>
>>380381606
>>380381819
I've been playing MH since the original. The only time I've ever had Pro Trapper is when it was already on a set by default. Very rarely have I ever failed a capture quest, and more often than not, my group and I forgot we were on a capture quest and just ruined the monster before it could even consider leaving.

>>380382245
>crunching numbers
Have you tried, hitting it in the legs until it falls over? Bashing it in the head until it's KO'd? Slashing at tails until they're cut off? It's all pretty simple stuff.

Stop being shit at MH.
>>
>>380378970
Generations does that, I forget but I think XX does too
>>
I hope you fucking casuals eat this up, otherwise they'll only get more bullshit with """""""QOL""""""" additions. I'm gonna bet there's regenerating health and lockon already in this travesty of a game.
>>
>the damage control from shills in this thread
This is just pathetic.
>>
File: socks.jpg (62KB, 595x445px) Image search: [Google]
socks.jpg
62KB, 595x445px
>Letting things like this near your game in anyway
>>
File: 1497398653621.png (64KB, 669x489px) Image search: [Google]
1497398653621.png
64KB, 669x489px
>We want the X audience

Has this ever worked?
>>
>>380381224
None of that changes with damage numbers, because you still dont know the healthbars for the monsters.
>>
>>380383907
health regen got debunked
>>
>>380383907
>implying regen isn't already in
You even play this game?
>>
>>380380863
Welcome to Street Fighter 5, the universally most hated sf game.
>>
>>380384067
He's a public rep. Chirp him all you want he probably has better social skills than most of /v/.
>>
>>380384316
next time then.
>>
>>380379280
Are you going to count and add up a hundred hits?
>>
>>380378436
Monster Hunter Online has a fixed camera lock (not semi fixed like the 3DS games) and it's completely alright, it doesnt makes the game easier or harder, you just don't have to worry anymore on moving the camera, this is specially useful in that game because you often need to use keyboard commands

Stop bitching on a QoL feature
>>
>>380379280
Then dont fucking ruin the game for yourself by looking it up online, dumbo.
>>
no one is gonna buy this shit anyway.
Just wait until the next game when they add health bars, fuck.
>>
File: regenisno.jpg (66KB, 595x377px) Image search: [Google]
regenisno.jpg
66KB, 595x377px
>>380383907
>>380384329
>>
>>380384394
being black and meeting a quota isn't a social skill
>>
>>380375421
Capcom just lost a sale. This is turning into some frontier bullshit real quick.
>>
File: pug172837123.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
pug172837123.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
It's better so you know if you're actually dealing more damage when attacking a part of the monster, plus resistances and whatnot.
How is giving more information to the player a bad a choice? Hiding information that you have to look up on other websites is counter-intuitive. It will be annoying having to see numbers pop up every time you hit something, that is for sure.
>>
File: 1450988207372.png (511KB, 836x964px) Image search: [Google]
1450988207372.png
511KB, 836x964px
What's wrong with numbers?

Do you hate math?
>>
>>380381407
That's the point tho, the very same attack on the same spot can have very different responses based on the damage taken previously.
Damage numbers will tell you, yes this is an effective attack, even if you aren't anywhere near a threshold.
>>
File: 1497370933123.png (87KB, 810x807px) Image search: [Google]
1497370933123.png
87KB, 810x807px
*sniff* y-yeah!! fuck this game! those pointless numbers that will probably be removed or have an option to toggle them off will surely ruin the game! that'll teach you, capcom!!

fuck you FUCK YOU FUCK YOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>380384846
You can never look up any of the formulas and still do perfectly well
>>
>>380380524
Link to interview?
>>
>damage numbers let you know how much damage you're doing!

What a great way to filter out the people who've never played Mpnster Hunter. That's why we have blood splatters and hitstop.
>>
>Will be able to swap equipment during hunts at basecamp
>Flexing after drinking potion is gone
>>
>>380385078
You know what already tells you the effectiveness of an attack in an obvious manner? Hitsparks and hitlag.
>>
>>380384718
WHAT they are removing red health???

I'm out.
>>
File: plebopinions.jpg (121KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
plebopinions.jpg
121KB, 640x469px
Based capcom, triggering cucks.
>>
>>380385391
Yeah, but its made for people who aren't autsitic, so good change imo.
>>
>>380385023
Pretty sure the guys that don't like the damage numbers are the ones inputting stats and damage values into a calculator
>>
>>380385705
What changes then?
>>
File: 1497300776500.png (29KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497300776500.png
29KB, 800x600px
>itt:people dont know hud settings are

L I T E R A L L Y T U R N T H E M O F F

>WOW THIS GAMES TOO EASY I WANT IT HARDER INSTEAD OF MAKING IT HARDER I'LL JUST COMPLAIN TILL ITS HARDER BY DEFAULT.
>>
File: 1454477671942.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1454477671942.gif
3MB, 220x212px
>spreadsheet
What? People use spreadsheets to know when a monster is drooling and limping?
>>
File: 1476825071834.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476825071834.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>380385651

I never considered this possibility.
>>
>>380384403
>oh so this game isn't casual shit
>next time it will be
jesus.
>>
>>380385651
>>Flexing after drinking potion is gone
fuck off that's not true
>>
>>380386170
This is what im actually worried about, the tiny details that give the game its charm.
>>
>>380385950
The fact that hitlag and hitsparks aren't numbers and still fit within the established style of combat. People have already gone over why numbers would be bad for mohun but the TL; DR is that with obvious numbers, the need for other visual feedback is diminished, and organic visual feedback is a bug factor in monster hunter combat.
>>
>>380380782
>Pointless clutter. Really if one were honest and were to get into as deeply and cleanly as possible it is just pointless clutter.
Usually UI elements can be toggeled on and off.
Info on damage values and defenses is always on the Internet pretty soon after game comes out anyways, this just makes it so that you don't need to wait some japanese turbo nerd to gather and upload that data.
>>
>>380385651
Don't lie on the internet, anon?
Please tell me you're lying.
>>
>>380381606
Capture sets? You haven't played the game... You don't need a damn set when you see the monster is limping or going to sleep. Honestly.

I had some hopes for MH5 or whatever but looking at it now doesn't seem too good. It's weird how Capcom shits all it's franchises in the long run. Street Fighter 5 was the same. Barebones, dlc ridden lackluster release.

I'm sure Horizon Zero Dawn affected a lot how Capcom devised the new Monster Hunter. Since 3U the franchise has gone gradually worse and worse.
>>
>>380386351
It literally isn't though. MHO still has limping and part breaks. You can still use feedback if you choose.
>>
>>380385651
Gonna need a scource for this shit. Flexing while healing is one of my favorite things
>>
>>380386775
Tribabby.
>>
>>380384247
Numbers ruin the immersion of the game. i don't need to know i did big damage on a crit. the monster staggering/falling over tells me that. along with visually seeing a critical hit.
>>
I have yet to see a single faggot who says "the trailer doesn't look like monster hunter" say what about it doesn't look like monster hunter.

Because they can't. Because it looks like monster hunter.
>>
>>380386775
Literal retard
>>
>>380386858
MHO is also a soulless chinese knock-off with awful sound production, making monsters and attacks in general look and sound pathetic.
>>
>>380386170
>>380386296
>>380386760
>>380386947
Confirmed by multiple sources, check out the /mhg/ thread
>>
>>380386351
>The fact that hitlag and hitsparks aren't numbers and still fit within the established style of combat.
MUH IMMURSION

Just fuck off, damage numbers are clearly an nice option to have and an improvement for the series as a whole.
Not like you can do anything about them anyway
>>
Why people even talk about the fucking limping in here.
Who seriously thinks that looking at pop-up-numbers and constantly adding them together, while battling a monster, counting towards a arbitrary limit is more casual than just looking at the most obvious and clear and fucking baby easy to understand animation.

Damage numbers just means that you don't need Internet to know how effective different moves in your weapon's moveset are.
>>
>>380387229
just checked
just shitposters and mistranslations
>>
>>380387186
But the point is that is still has those things and this one looks infinitely better and is made by mainline team. So what gives?
>>
>>380387295
this
i really don't get the problem with damage numbers here
>>
>>380375421
Why the fuck should i care about numbers just beat it till its dead that is the magic of the game.
>>
File: 1497402964648.png (15KB, 358x359px) Image search: [Google]
1497402964648.png
15KB, 358x359px
From vjump:

>you can now cancel any attack animation with a roll for more "dynamic combat"
>so basically you can roll out of anything

hahahaha
hahahahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/news/n04_20170613_01.html
>>
File: 1476652896487.png (349KB, 757x632px) Image search: [Google]
1476652896487.png
349KB, 757x632px
>>380385651
>>flexing after drinking potion is gone
I fucking called that this would happen as soon as I saw that the gathering animation was just quickly scooping things up. No more will you have to gauge whether it's a good time to gather or heal, because it will always be a good time to gather or heal.

They're going full fucking casual mode.
>>
>>380387070
No, I have played since MHFU. Fuck you.

>>380387151
Go suck Capcom's dick and see who's the real retard.
>>
>>380387582
OK, that has to be bullshit.

I'm calling maximum trolling on that one, no other thing can so fundamentally destroy the very concept of MH. Capcom is stupid but not that stupid.
>>
>>380385651
>>Flexing after drinking potion is gone
One on hand, I really didn't like flexing because it was a blatant excuse to punish drinking potions without thinking, while such a punishment could have done done in a much more natural way.

But on the other hand it was also kind of sick and had style.
>>
>>380387229
>one shitpost
Yeah multiple sources
>>
>>380387452
The point is that numbers are unnecessary and Mohun has successfully done without them or health bars since the series began, so why fix what's not broken? The series already has obvious ways of showing you how effective attacks are without relying on numbers.

>>380387235
I don't recall using "muh immershun" as an argument. Care to point it out?
>>
>>380387551
I understand. It's the generic "Nothing should ever change REEEEE! Every game needs to pander to me and me alone, perfectly! REEEE". -mentality of /v/.
>>
>it's a real monster hunter, they said
>>
>>380387870
>guy posts proof he was at e3
>shitpost
>>
>>380387398
>>380387870
I will not spoonfeed you. You're either blind or stupid.
>>
File: 1429679568292.png (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1429679568292.png
88KB, 600x600px
>>380387582
>longsword users can just fucking fastroll all over the place
>>
>>380388026
You can keep shitposting here. Just stay out of /mhg/.
>>
>>380387582
>having more fluid combat and more control over your character is bad

okay lol
>>
>>380387873
seems you are blind as well, doesn't change a thing tho. They are here to stay.
>>
Couldn't it be possible they want to take away the whole spreadsheets for damage on multiple different weapons?
I haven't played MH since ps2, but as long as Health bars do not appear I'm fine since it takes away visualization on monsters.
Another thing to note, why is no one mad about timer's not being in the game, legit when i first played did my best to stock and fix most for the first fight to go A+
>>
>>380387582
THE MOBJEYS PAW ATTACKS AGAIN
>>
>>380388125
You have to remember that only autists actually enjoy this game and think that clunky tank-like combat with no lock on is a feature
>>
File: 1470807355348.png (684KB, 640x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1470807355348.png
684KB, 640x1070px
I'm not surprised that Capcom decided to do this. They always are looking for more ways to casualize shit. I'm just surprised that people are defending it.
>>
>>380385976
>implying it will have a custom HUD option
HAHA, TOO CONFUSING FOR THE WEST, TAKE OUR HUD AND LIKE IT GAIJIN
>>
>>380387724
Niggah if there is ONE company that can JUST FUCK IY'S OWN SHIT UP it's Capcom

Jesus, now i fuckign BELIEVE the internal strife thing, i can easily imagine a bunch of people saying wtf are you doing while the higher ups pocket that fat sony check
>>
Monster hunter is overrated who cares. Its only tolerable with friends and at that point you might as well go play a mmo.
>>
>everyone and their cat knows it's satisfying to know you are dealing big damage
>doesn't affect gameplay in any way
>AAAARGH CAPCMOM WHAT ARE YOIU DOING YOU FUCIKS MY MONSTER HUNTER SANCTITY AAAAAAARRRGHH
>>
Most of the complaints I'm seeing here are "waaah they're making it EASIER." Which is only really a legit complaint if it's hard in the first place.

Protip: Like Dark Souls, Monster Hunter is only hard if you're an idiot.
>>
>>380388125
>lets make mh a soul clone
I should have seen this shit when they are focusing the west and have a sumonning system
>>
>>380388125
>Taking out the difficulty of the game
>Don't need to think before you attack, just mash buttons
it's shit.
>>
>>380388387
Casuals fucking love it. Anything that's anti-MH is automatically anti-hardcore, and thus more appealing to them.
>>
>>380381419
All we need is a health bar and lock on to make that mustache image irrelevant
>>
>>380387582
Mainline they said
>>
File: 1484966191550.jpg (6KB, 251x238px) Image search: [Google]
1484966191550.jpg
6KB, 251x238px
>>380388684
It's not the hardest game in the entire world, so that means that you have to bend over and take even further casualization without complaining?

What kind of argument is that?
>>
>>380388665
>satisfying visual effects and SFX don't matter
>i just want to see big numbers
You're a fucking retard.
>>
File: big1.jpg (83KB, 659x506px) Image search: [Google]
big1.jpg
83KB, 659x506px
>>380388684
A statement popular among people who have never played MH, I hear.
>>
>>380387631
>>380387724
So bloodborne makes fast heal compared to Dark Souls and almost infinite dodge and it's the best hardcore game in years.

Monster Hunter does it and it's casual mode?

That's some extreme jumping. This fanbase literally is "if it ever changes even slightly it's shit".
>>
>>380388957
This game might just attract a lot of wow players
>>
>>380388957
The effects are still there, you dumb cunt. Literally whining about nothing.
>>
File: 1463508340209.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1463508340209.gif
2MB, 540x540px
>>380375421
All they need to do is just make it so showing damage numbers is a skill, and then the first talisman you get gives +10 HP tracking rather than +10 auto block. Then it's good for beginners and doesn't bother you after early game because you'll want to get other skills instead.
>>
>>380388965
Great bait.
>>
>>380388962
Monster Hunter is hard is a statement popular among people who are terrible at video games, I hear.
>>380388895
I'm saying since it isn't hard in the first place, making it easier doesn't hurt it at all.
>>
>>380388761
So many people mash there ways through monster hutner before this. Only high G rank truly punished anyone. How is this somehow worse?
>>
>>380385880
nigger there's plenty of good visual representation of how much damage you are doing in previous games

we don't need shiny numbers popping up every hit just to keep our attention like an ADD without meds
>>
>>380388965
If you don't like Bloodbornr, you can go back to Dark Souls. We're being told that this is the future of Monster Hunter, though.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497050941814.jpg (29KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497050941814.jpg
29KB, 720x479px
>>380387582
There is no way this is mh5
>>
>>380388125
MH combat is literally balanced around attack animations. Letting you cancel any animation completely fucks with the core gameplay.
>>
File: CASUAL.jpg (99KB, 800x591px) Image search: [Google]
CASUAL.jpg
99KB, 800x591px
There's so much baiting by casuals in this thread that I don't really feel like responding to you all individually

Feed your (you)s
>>
File: 1473288092600.jpg (25KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473288092600.jpg
25KB, 720x540px
>>380389151
>I'm saying since it isn't hard in the first place, making it easier doesn't hurt it at all
So literally what I just said, then. Why not just casualize everything in that case?
>>
>B-B-BUT NUMBERS ;-;

if this is the argument you're using to say the game is bad, then you're just making the game look good.
>>
>>380389240
Why believe some gaijin fucker anyway? People are parading this literal who's tweets like it means something.
>>
File: A FUCKING SPINOFF.jpg (391KB, 2024x930px) Image search: [Google]
A FUCKING SPINOFF.jpg
391KB, 2024x930px
>IT ISN'T A CASUALIZED SPINOFF FOR THE WEST, NINTODDLES BTFO
>>
>>380375421
>no damage numbers in the trailer or extended gameplay video
99.9% likely they can be turned off.

>the only person who thinks it's a good idea is a zeldafag
The salt will never end
>>
Are we sure this means numbers pop up after each hit, and not "100-120 dps" showing up on a weapons summary?
>>
>>380375421
Calm down it's just video games
>>
>>380389197
You can literally go back to old monster hunter games. Dark Souls 3 copied bloodborne anon.
>>
>>380389165
And I bet you G Rank won't be in the game. It's being turned into casualized garbage, but that's without seeing confirmed videos, so I will wait and see.
>>
>>380383164
And the needless casulization or "change" as retards put it.

Also the entire Sonic series is a great example of change for the sake of change not being good.
>>
>>380388965
Bb and ds are casual shit
Nothing new here
>>
>>380389165
Because now G Rank won't even punish people. Assuming there is one, anyway. We don't even know how ranks will work in an open world game.
>>
Why are MH fans so autistic?
>>
>>380387582
Where in the article does it say that?
>>
>>380389351
Why not then? Monster Hunter is already casual as fuck, so making it more so will get it even bigger sales, and the only people upset are neckbeards who're going to buy it anyways.
>>
>>380389356
I think you're just too stupid to realize it's lazy design
>>
>>380389151
honestly, what games do you consider hard?
>>
File: 1474074225804.png (172KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1474074225804.png
172KB, 361x691px
>>380389520
>who're going to buy it anyways
I'd buy it if it were classic MH. I'm not buying this.
>>
>>380389507
Nowhere, but actual retards on /v/ will eat it up because they want this game to fail.
>>
>>380389535
>B-BUT N-NUMBERS

Besides, the visual shit is still there you fucking retard.
>>
I really hope that's a lie because that's fucking stupid. I hate seeing numbers flash above a monster's head. That's one of the many reasons I hate the fucking Online Chinese shit game.

I've been fine with it all but if this is true I'm gonna be actually upset. This will make online even more cancerous and retarded with "HURR DURR MY NUMBER WAS HIGHER THAN YOURS FUCKING CASUL SCUM USE THIS SINGLE WEAPON OR FUK OFF"
>>
>>380389626
Bloodborne
Persona 5
NieR Automata
>>
>>380375421
TGS and/or Jump Festa can't come soon enough
>>
File: jhocos.png (202KB, 600x370px) Image search: [Google]
jhocos.png
202KB, 600x370px
>show damage numbers
>but don't show the monster health
I don't understand the point. It's just a floating number with no context. If it's to show where you should be hitting the game already does that with the blood splat. I don't understand what this is supposed to be for. This just seems like it's going to be depressing when I fight the inevitable punching bag monster for 35 minutes straight.
>>
>>380389456
G rank is never in the first games of a generation. What's your point? Wait for G rank.
>>
>>380381606
>99% of players built up and used a capture armor set to know the exact moment they needed to stop killing.

Prooof?
>>
>>380389356
A more nuanced approach would have been better. Perhaps only have numbers in the training/practice area, assuming it has one.
>>
>>380389690
>Besides, the visual shit is still there you fucking retard.

What's your citation? Your ass?
>>
Do you guys think they removed crafting? I wouldn't be surprised if they at least dumbed it down heavily.
>kill 5 of X monster
>receive armor
>>
>>380389724
>nier can spam dodge automata
>>
THEY TOOK THE MUSIC OUT OF THE COOKING
>>
why dont they just let you turn the numbers off if you want?
>>
>>380389645
Yes you are, you stupid faggot. Don't even act otherwise.
>>
File: 1496202160546.jpg (38KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
1496202160546.jpg
38KB, 393x393px
>devil may cry gets westernized
>killed the series
>lost planet 3 gets westernized
>killed the series
>monster hunter gets westernized
>???????????
>>
>>380389840
I would honestly be okay with it because those drops are fucking BULLSHIT sometimes
>>
>>380389472
Sonic is completely unrelated to this tho. They change too much. This is only second time they've had a major change of engine like this. Chill dawg
>>
>>380389840
Who cares? It could have the most complex crafting system ever devised by man, it's still casual trash if half of this shit is true. Thank god for MH 5.
>>
>>380389840
That's exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>380389756
Damage numbers would be okay if it was for something like a training room to test weapons. Damage numbers on monsters is fucking worthless, though.
>>
File: 1366432821059.png (671KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
1366432821059.png
671KB, 960x717px
>tfw mgsv
>tfw mgsfag
>tfw khfag
>tfw mhfag
>tfw papermariofag
>tfw pcbro
>tfw nintendofag
>tfw pspfag
>tfw hammer main
>tfw gunlance main
>tfw loved /v/
>tfw loved video games

who /killing themselves/ here?
>>
File: 1495679671366.jpg (33KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
1495679671366.jpg
33KB, 430x430px
>>380389950
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>380387107
Oh look at this, none of you faggots have an answer for this.

How many of you faggots are just complaining because it's not on a nintendo system, I wonder? Now THOSE games are when the series started to become casualized.
>>
>>380389840
>kill 5 of X monster
>receive armor

This already happens tho.
>>
File: time to kill myself.jpg (302KB, 1500x1600px) Image search: [Google]
time to kill myself.jpg
302KB, 1500x1600px
>>380390095
>tfw nobody is allowed to complain about MHW without being labeled a nintendo fanboy
>>
>>380389756
Having damage values on weapons that weren't true raw didn't do anything either, but some people like big numbers. What will this hurt any differently?
>>
I really can't tell who's on what side and who's false flagging and who's a fan and who's having fun with this reveal.
>>
>>380389973
To be fair, outsourcing to shitty western studios was the main reason DmC and LP3 were shit. At least this is being developed by Japs.
>>
>>380390097
You would eat any shit that capcom put infront of you if it had a Rathalo in it.
>>
>>380389973
Japan still getting real monhun XX on the switch
>>
>>380389501
Because MH is a singleplayer MMORPG where they took out the interesting quests and replaced them with the same quest over and over. It was made for the eastern market, because gooks like grinding that takes forever, but somehow the weeaboos found out about it and think pretending to like awful gameplay makes them hardcore.
>>
File: 1495413363095.jpg (116KB, 563x594px) Image search: [Google]
1495413363095.jpg
116KB, 563x594px
>>380390265
>tfw still play freedom unite but labeled nintendobrony
>>
>>380388026
They just debunked his E3 tag.
>>
File: 1461396167210.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1461396167210.gif
32KB, 250x250px
>>380390370
>>
>>380390356
I passed on XX because X was shit, so no.
>>
>>380390260
this
>>
>>380387582
>commit to GS swing
>lol rollout
>commit to Lance thurst
>lol rollout
>commit to Hammer slam
>lol rollout

christ, what the fuck will SnS be then
it already has a kind of combo cancel
>>
>>380387107
The terribly washed out colors? The subdued monster designs that border on generic? The retararded hookshot? The retarded waypoint marker fairies?
>>
>>380388125
>>380388380
>>380388761
They said cancel, most likely meaning you can cancel a hit during startup.
If you could cancel recovery or mid seing that would be stupid and actually casualize the game.

Having recovery on moves is not clunky.
Being punished for attacking willy nilly is not clunky.
>>
>>380390485
Weird seeing how he's not in the thread. Are you looking at the wrong guy?
>>
>>380389724
what, really? i expected something... else.
i find monster hunter way fucking harder than those games.
actually, it's kind of funny. when demon's souls first came out, my monster-hunter-loving friend warned me not to get it because it was just way too fucking hard. coming from him, i actually got a little worried. then i played it, and i though it was way easier than monster hunter.
in general, i actually find it very confusing that someone who's good at monster hunter could have any trouble whatsoever with a soulsborne game...
>>
>>380390284
Here's a quick tip: if they try flinging console related insults, they've probably never played a monster hunter.
>>
Has a grappling hook ever actually made a game worse?

Most grappling hooks in games end up being fun.
>>
>>380390605
he was lying dummy
>>
You are all realized the casuals all over this, and so are several big name MH fans, who WILL convince their fans this is a good game, right? Even Japan thinks this looks good

Feel free to keep on bitching, but this is going to be a success, and this is going the future of MH, and there is NOTHING you can do about it.
>>
>>380390357
lol enjoy your anime ninja powers
>>
File: 1448416437399.gif (3MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
1448416437399.gif
3MB, 298x224px
>>380389724
>>
>>380390768
>hookshots and cancel rolls
>not anime ninja powers
>>
>>380390702
>"BUT MONSTER HUNTER ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! FUN IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH BEING HARDCORE!"
>>
>>380387107
Honestly, with the drowned out colours, the uninspired monster designs, and the so far poor audio direction, I wouldn't have even known it was MH at first if it wasn't for the Great Sword on the guy's back.
>>
File: 1492569812962.jpg (39KB, 599x555px) Image search: [Google]
1492569812962.jpg
39KB, 599x555px
Why did they feel the need to make ANOTHER fucking bowgun there is 3 already make a new ranged weapon
Why the fuck did the bring underwater combat back
Why the fuck is there damage numbers
What is this pixie dust fireball garbage
What is that ugly ass new big monsters (small ones look alright)
Why is there a shitty grappling hook

I am still hyped for the game but holy fuck am I worried
>>
>>380388125
>>380388029
>>380388282
>>380388819
>>380389240
>>380390632
>>380388761
>>380388380
I was joking. Nowhere in the article does it say anything about canceling attacks. I can't even read Japanese.

You guys will believe anything, then shitpost over it.
>>
>>380390732
If you think this game will break a million sales, your business sense is pretty poor.

You're thinking in terms of fanboyism, not reality.
>>
>>380390313
>implying it's not being developed by Capcom Vancouver
Capcom literally does not care about the western market at all, it makes sense they would outsource it to their Canada branch like they did Dead Rising 4
>>
>>380390732
I hope your favorite game turns into a giant steaming casual mess that barely even resembles the original you fell in love with
>>
>>380381224
>This is what makes Monster Hunter fun and less casualized,
>Japanese Call of Duty is "less casualized"
>>
>>380390953
Not sure what this troll is, you clearly see the hunter rolling out of a GS swing in the video they showed.

Could be exclusive to GS, which I doubt.
>>
>>380390905
cancels have already been debunked, geez read the thread
>>
File: 1430193360767.png (160KB, 568x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1430193360767.png
160KB, 568x1023px
>>380390953
>>
>>380390732
>Even Japan thinks this looks good
Is that why Capcom had to make a Youtube video reassuring them to ignore the trailer and that more info is to come?
>>
>>380391171
>>380390953
lmao nice damage control you fucking loser your game is garbage
>>
>>380390626
>The terribly washed out colors?
Comfirmed for starting with the nintendo games.

>The subdued monster designs that border on
generic?
Looks like same generic early game dinosaurs you fight in most of the games to me. Hell, looks more unique then the fucking velociprey

>The retararded hookshot?
Yes, because how dare they add anything new to the series. And we all know, a single new features totally breaks an entire game

>The retarded waypoint marker fairies?
This is the only remotely valid you've made complaint so far, and I do agree if it isn't optional it might be a bit annoying. They could have chose a much subtler way of making what you're meant to look at catch your eye.
>>
>>380390605
The trailer shows no anim cancelling. The GS blocks and is forced through the old knock back animation. No reason to believe it's any different.
>>
>>380391175
>hahah i totally didn't get baited suck on this bruh xD
>>
>>380390267
That shit was gay and I'm glad they just went to true raw.

It doesn't mean anything ultimately which is the problem. It's just screen clutter.
>>
File: 1478996912600.jpg (49KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478996912600.jpg
49KB, 720x480px
you can still figure out monster health with damage numbers
>it takes 50 swings with an iron sword n shield that does 20 damage each swing to kill a qurupeco
>thus the qurupeco has 1000 health or whatever
>>
>>380389756
They're giving a more direct indication that you're doing better or worst.

As long as you can turn it off in settings, I won't care.
Actually, if they were to keep artes and add the damage numbers, I may like that more. I always feel like Dragon Breath wasn't really doing anything, so seeing directly how much or little damage it really does would either add to the satisfaction or help me decide to drop it/change shit.
>>
>>380391263
aww shit it's WAAHmbulance
>>
>says you need a spread sheet to play old MonHun

It was literally just stab/whack it until it limps.
>>
>>380391263
Sounds like you just want it to be shit so you have something to bitch about.
>>
>>380390956
Yes, I'm thinking in terms of fanboyism, not the faggot who's REEEEEing that they dare make even a single change.
>>380391109
It greatly resembles monster hunter, you're just mad it's not the exact same shit and they're daring to make changes.
>>
File: DCPTyUhVwAA8XnN.jpg:orig.jpg (442KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
DCPTyUhVwAA8XnN.jpg:orig.jpg
442KB, 2048x1152px
>>
Can someone explain this to me? Why the big fuss over numbers?
>>
File: 1386305430353.png (22KB, 817x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1386305430353.png
22KB, 817x1264px
>>380391368
>>
>>380391693
It does kinda take away from the aesthetic of the game, especially now that they've gone for a more serious/realistic look. I like the idea of numbers but it should be in some kind of testing or training mode.
>>
>>380387229
Fuck off, CNN.
>>
>>380391693
Because part of the MonHun "experience" is consulting spreasheets hammered out by the Japanese players a year ago before it was released in English to find out what does what damage.
>>
>>380391076
>next mainline entry in Monster Hunter and the first Monster Hunter game on major consoles in years is being developed by a B team overseas

Yeah, I don't think so anon. Whatever you think of the game's direction Capcom is gonna give it everything they've got
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8

I would like people to watch the MH4 trailer and see how fucking terrible it was. It doesn't mean world is going to be good, but using the first trailer to judge a MG game is probably a mistake.
>>
File: worldischanging.jpg (82KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
worldischanging.jpg
82KB, 600x467px
>assblasted autist MonHun babbs

lmao this is great
>>
Now we just need African-American woman with huge afro to the front cover and it's all set for Western gamers.
>>
>>380392232
Can you blame them? They are watching the Chads line up to gangbang their "girlfriend" (aka the girl they tried talking to after reading a dozen guides)
>>
>>380391693
They're completely unnecessary and only serve to hold the hand of shitters. The only thing worse they could do is let you lock-on to the monsters weak point.
>>
>>380390953

kek BTFOD
>>
>>380391336
>The trailer shows no anim cancelling.
the trailer only shows 2 GS swings.
>>
>>380392193
> "a new porject begins"
thats the tech demo, it was when they just started developing MH4 was anounced with MH3G
>>
>>380392447
You're not good at video games because you look at spreadsheets, just so you know. Suddenly being able to tell how much damage you do in a game in game is in fact, a good thing, and not bad. Sorry if it makes you feel less special about being good at video games tho
>>
Daily reminder the ''stealth mechanics'' you were all bitching about are just suit equips with cool downs and they have different abilities like hiding or getting the monsters attention.
>>
>>380392193
Anon that's a fucking tech demo.
MHW is coming out in less than a year.
>>
File: 1497319953308.jpg (56KB, 340x227px) Image search: [Google]
1497319953308.jpg
56KB, 340x227px
>NOOOOOOO THEY CHANGED THE GAME REEEEEEEEEEEE
>WHY CANT THEY RELEASE THE SAME GAME FOR THE 8TH TIME
>WHAT. THE. FUCK. NUMBERS ON MY SCREEN?!?!? YOU MEAN MY YEARS OF AUTISM IS NOW WORTH NOTHING?!?
>>
>>380393110
You don't need to look at spreadsheets to know how effective your attacks are autismo.
>>
>>380392447
>They're completely unnecessary and only serve to hold the hand of shitter
In what way?
>>
>>380393112
>/v/ was wrong AGAIN

kek
>>
>>380393346
I mean, I don't. I just hit the monsters until they die. As do most people. But as with most cases, people aren't mad they're making the game easier, they're mad they can't feel like they're as good at video games.
>>
File: 1438886008861.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1438886008861.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>the hook is an item and not a mechanic mapped to a button like retards were saying yesterday
>>
File: 1394685605830.png (747KB, 1614x968px) Image search: [Google]
1394685605830.png
747KB, 1614x968px
>>380375421
W-why are people hating on this game?
I always thought when I was kid that shit like this would be cool. That trailer reveal was something that came straight out of my dreams when I was in my early teens.

Am I too casualized or did a lot of autistic asshats who came from the 3DS game decided they were OG and ruin the community? I haven't played since the Wii and PSP titles. Enlighten me.
>>
>>380393842
It's different REEEEEEE!
>>
>>380393112
So they removed skills like Taunt and Sneak then? And everyone just automatically gets it by equipping a suit? Yeah, totally not casualized...
>>
File: Make sure you stock up.png (130KB, 320x359px) Image search: [Google]
Make sure you stock up.png
130KB, 320x359px
>When a inside joke becomes real
>>
Retards need shiny number popping up inf front of them to tell them they are doing good. They are to retarded to notice patterns.

If a Monster flinches, that means shit right? Right?!
>>
File: 1440892321605.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1440892321605.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>380393967
>Nintendo shits keep going with the assumptions
>>
OP here. I'm going to bed now, and after that MHW is out of my life like MHO.

Thanks for reminding me that if not for anti-nintendo posting (which is irrelevant because I own a PSP) everyone would agree that this game looks awful. Feels good being right.
>>
File: HA.png (65KB, 164x164px) Image search: [Google]
HA.png
65KB, 164x164px
post yfw capcom will die in your lifetime
>>
File: 1477629135610.jpg (48KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
1477629135610.jpg
48KB, 300x340px
>>380394302
>>
>>380394302
Nintendo will die first with how bad the Switch is selling.
>>
>>380393362
>attack a monster in a few different spots once each
>know instantly where the weak points are

>>380393762
>people aren't mad they're making the game easier, they're mad they can't feel like they're as good at video games.
What orifice did you pull this assertion from?
>>
>>380380939
Come now it never stays in rage mode and even when it is it still limps out of the area
>>
File: 55986624_p0.jpg (626KB, 1000x871px) Image search: [Google]
55986624_p0.jpg
626KB, 1000x871px
After reading through all the new information today I think this might actually be a good Monster Hunter.

And I was one those that was livid about World yesterday,
>>
>>380394626
I mean, I didn't, considering it's the truth.
>>
>>380387229
>no sources
For fuck's sake stop this. Shitposter's are actively trying to ruin people's days. This is going beyond shit jokes at this point
AND IT NEEDS TO STOP.
>>
>>380378436
I got to watch a live demonstration of the game today, there's no lock on, but there is the semi-lockon from the 3DS games
>>
>>380394771
Whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
File: 1496774898970.gif (962KB, 171x172px) Image search: [Google]
1496774898970.gif
962KB, 171x172px
>>380387229
>check /mhg/
>>
>>380393842
They cry because it's not literally the same game for the 9th time. These retards are why I hate gaming these days, nobody tries out something new because the old stuff still sells.
>>
>>380393112
>suits equips
how is that different?
>cool downs
why not uses like most items.
>>
>>380375421
Do you think multiplayer will be cross-console? Has that even been done before? I just don't want to have to get a PS4 just to play with my friend.
>>
File: IMG_5756.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5756.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>380394086
Oh no, I've just caught! Now everyone knows that I love Ninten- Oh wait, I actually own a PS3 and PS4 with no Nintendo in sight. Sorry, but you tried.
>>
>>380394136
>Feels good being right.
I bet being analy raped feels good for you too.
>>
File: 1439166784618.gif (3MB, 200x169px) Image search: [Google]
1439166784618.gif
3MB, 200x169px
I TOLD YOU DUMB NIGGERS IT WAS A CASUALIZED SPINOFF.
>>
>>380394937
Okay then, faggot, then what other reasons do people have for being upset for video games getting easier? Because then they don't get a "challenge"? Bull fuckng shit, if they really wanted a challenge, they wouldn't be playing fucking video games.
>>
File: 1454047445554.png (275KB, 889x573px) Image search: [Google]
1454047445554.png
275KB, 889x573px
>>380394721
Its grown on me in the sense of seeing how it goes as an experiment like Tri was.

Also, knowing I can play it on PC made it a lot more bearable.
But I'm going to keep my expectations low until we get more clear shit on it.
>>
File: gnfnffj.jpg (107KB, 450x635px) Image search: [Google]
gnfnffj.jpg
107KB, 450x635px
>>380391693
Because it's /v/. I couldn't find something more meaningless to complain about if I tried.
>>
>>380394626
>attack a monster in a few different spots once each
>know instantly where the weak points are
Is knowing where the weak points are such a crazy thing? Couldnt they look online if they didnt know before?
>>
>>380391126
Stop
I will find you and shot in your fucking mouth.
Stop
>>
>>380394626
>>know instantly where the weak points are
Everyone just looks up the defense values of different body parts anyways, this just means you don't have to dig up your phone while playing.
>>
>>380395063
Supposedly it is, except for Japan, because Sony paid Capcom to make it PS exclusive there..
>>
>>380395104
>Hides his Switch
>i-i d-dont love Nintendo!

Nice buyers remorse toddler.
>>
>>380395104
>Trying to justify himself to shitposters

Anon a friendly advice, just read these kind of threads with disgust and just hope that this shit isn't MH5.
>>
File: cri.png (225KB, 373x360px) Image search: [Google]
cri.png
225KB, 373x360px
>>380375421
>>380378436
for fucks sake I fucking hate these casualfags so fucking much, why is it so hard to add an option to disable it
there will be hordes of pseudo MH fans
at least i can wait and laugh at them bitching on harder quests
>>
>>380393842
MH has one of the most unpleasable fanbases in gaming. If the new game isn't exactly the same as all games before it but with the addition of a few new monsters it's suddenly shit.
>>
>>380395436
>Everyone just looks up the defense values of different body parts anyways
they only do this when they struggle part of MH sense of progression and reward to the player is him discovering where to hit the moster based on visuals, stagger and blood speacillay when they become tired or enraged.
>>
File: 1339871403409.jpg (22KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1339871403409.jpg
22KB, 432x288px
>Damage Numbers: On >Off
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (1017KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
1017KB, 1920x1080px
>>380375421
>https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874783837502550017
KEK
>>
>>380395759
>Faggot unironically mentions 4chan on twitter
How much of a cuck do you have to be to do this?
>>
File: Lavasioth render.png (684KB, 724x752px) Image search: [Google]
Lavasioth render.png
684KB, 724x752px
>>380391693
There are already indicators of how much damage you are doing:

- Monsters flinch at certain damage thresholds. I'm talking violent body flinches
-There is blood splatters on weapon hit and the size is based on how much damage you are doing to that body part
-Larger weapons have hit lag when hitting a weaker body part of a monster. Meaning something like the swing of a greatsword through the head of a monster means the sword will travel a tiny bit slower as opposed to hitting the wings or something. It's noticeable enough to understand *naturally* like a hunter
-Gun weapons also have screen shakes when hitting monsters at the critical distance (most damage)

Having numbers goes against one of the core aspects of this series and is less Monster Hunter-y if that makes sense. HUD clutter is not nice either.
>>
just
turn
them
off
you
massive
fucking
autists
>>
>>380395705
REEEEEE IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE
>>
File: YAMEROOOOO.png (157KB, 445x604px) Image search: [Google]
YAMEROOOOO.png
157KB, 445x604px
I bet the damage numbers and health showing will literally be an item effect named like 'Calculator +10' or some garbage like that. For beginners and support.

And if you really have trouble with this make sure to tell the devs, complaining here does not work.
>>
>>380395623
>speacillay when they become tired or enraged.
You are really overestimating the amount of people who are autistic enough to make a fucking spreadsheet of "x hits to back leg until exhaustion; y hits to front leg until exhaustion; ..."
>>
>>380396061
just turn it off then
>>
>>380396228
Option doesn't exist, fag.
>>
>>380396061
>Meaning something like the swing of a greatsword through the head of a monster means the sword will travel a tiny bit slower as opposed to hitting the wings or something. It's noticeable enough to understand *naturally* like a hunter

Forgot to mention that this also FEELS fucking good. Charging a hit on a greatsword and have it slice through with the hit lag on a monster is one of the most satisfying things to experience.

>>380396308
Ideally it shouldn't be part of the game but if I can turn it off I would.
>>
>>380385651
>>
File: 1476928613395.jpg (67KB, 640x364px) Image search: [Google]
1476928613395.jpg
67KB, 640x364px
>>380387582
>use crummy google translate

>says nothing about rolling or evading
>>
File: 1495196481889.jpg (21KB, 570x479px) Image search: [Google]
1495196481889.jpg
21KB, 570x479px
imagine what else they're fucking up if they can't even get the most basic shit correct
>>
>>380396330
le prove
>>
I don't see how this is a problem, I mean other hunting games like God Eater have them for you to understand what parts to hit and which ones to not with your current weapon, they also have visual and sound cues on top of just numbers.
>>
>>380396061
Bull fucking shit. Take any two moves of similar speed and it's fucking impossible to tell which one does more damage based on your fucking flinches and bloodspatters and rest of that fucking bullshit.
>>
>>380396381
>Ideally it shouldn't be part of the game
>I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE IN THIS HUNT WITH ME MIGHT BE SEEING HOW MUCH DAMAGE THEY'RE DOING RIGHT NOW
>>
>>380396330
It does exist, donkey cunt.
>>
>>380396651
>>380396705
Good baits. I guess this is a reminder that we are on /v/.
>>
>>380395297
Future games getting easier is a valid complaint. It's no different than when people complained about being literally unable to die in Fable 2 and 3. It's no different than the numerous games that went from having to use items/abilities to recover health to having automatic health regeneration after not being hit for two seconds.
>>
>>380396836
How is that bait you dunce? Why is it bad somebody can see the damage they're doing?
As long as they don't remove visible breaks and limping I can't see why it's an issue.
>>
>Capcom has confirmed that Monsters will do less damage the less health you have, much like a GUTS system from fighting games

AND THE WESTERNIZATION CONTINUE'S

>Get hit for 70% health
>Get hit by the SAME FUCKING ATTACK for just 20%

AND THEY SAID IT WASN'T A SPINOFF
AHHHHHHHHAAAHHHAA
>>
>>380397097
source xDD
>>
>>380396330
I don't see any in the footage shown so clearly it does!
>>
>Capcom has confirmed you can play as a cat loli

ITS OVER MH IS RUINED
>>
>>380384096
The fact that the faggiest fucking tumblr icon is his profile pic AND he's the community manager for MH world pisses me off
>>
>>380396836
Good bait. I guess this is a reminder that we are on /v/.
>>
File: 1497374278017.gif (344KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1497374278017.gif
344KB, 400x221px
>>380397097
they said this was Monster Hunter
what the fuck
>>
>>380393842
>>380395620
Same here this is why I bought the first monster hunter, I didnt mind the gameplay but I never bought any after because the grind is not for me (had a bad experience with drops fuck gravios wings) back then this is how I imagined monster hunter would be like someday. Seems like it was always leading up to this point because they already added new things like underwater combat in the previous installments I see.
>>
>>380397097
Source: My ass
>>
>capcom has confirmed you can pre-order and get a rocket launcher that can one shot every enemy in the game

MONSTER HUNTER IS OVER. IT'S FINISHED.
>>
>>380397097
Source? I dont doubt it but I wanna rub it in the fb groups faces
>>
Capcom just confirmed that the monster's maximum health and damage will decrease by 5% every time you get carted
>>
>>380397696
>>380397097
Fuck off
>>
>>380397587
The original Monster Hunter is notorious for low drop rates on rare drops. The newer games aren't so bad. You can usually get several rare drops without even trying to get them. Fuck you if you actually want to get them though, the game knows.
>>
>>380397696
Also forgot to mention you can get carted 6 times before the mission fails now
>>
>>380395289
Except he literally says it's a mainline game
>>
>Capcom just confirmed that you can fuck the Monsters you tame with ""spirit spears""" which you thrust in their ass until they """""achieve bliss""""" and become your monsters to ride

WHAT THE FUCK
WESTERNIZATION STRIKES AGAIN
>>
We should have seen this coming, Capcom forgot how to make good fighting games. It was bound to catch up to the MH team.
>>
This board likes to complain about Neogaf all the time but at least there they permanently ban people who spread misinformation. That rule would sure help to make this shithole better.
>>
>>380388665
stfu faggot
>1MIRRION DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THAT NUMBER IT'S HUGE YOU'RE SO STRONG AND GOOD.
>>
>>380381606
Who the fuck takes the time to grind out a special armour set that tells them something they can already see with their eyes and makes them unable to use the armor skills that actually help them in the hunt?
>>
Capcom just confirmed that you can't die in the game becuase the MC is actually an ancient monster god reborn and has to much willpower to give up.
>>
>>380397660
Just get the $40 double G-rank DLC to up the ante
>>
This just in, it's been confirmed that every hit you deliver will cause the monster to flinch. Weapons like IG, LS, and DB will cause the monster to flinch every 10-15 hits
>>
File: 1494741415977.png (107KB, 361x370px) Image search: [Google]
1494741415977.png
107KB, 361x370px
What's the fucking point of flying numbers? Everyone who is saying "wow all you nerds with calculators and spreadsheets get rekd xD" when flying numbers literally gives you no benefit aside from just showing you which attack does more damage, which is fucking stupid anyways because there are many effects that already tell you if you did more damage. And now for the sake of change we get to have a ton of flying fucking numbers flying around on screen ruining any semblance of atmosphere the game could have. People also want health bars for no reason too, when it doesn't even matter how much health is left until they are almost dead, and the near-death animations of monsters already tell you if they're ready to be caught anyways. There's no reason to have either of these from a gameplay perspective, and from a visual design perspective they are so terrible for the franchise that I have to believe that anyone wanting these changes have not actually played through a monster hunter game. But nope, I'll be outed as an autistic idiot that just hates change and not get any actual reasoning as to why these changes are even implemented.
>>
HOLY SHIT, YOU KNOW
YOU KNOW FUCKING WHAT YOU ULTRA FAGGOTS?!
I HOPE THERE ARE REALLY DAMAGE NUMBERS
I HOPE THAT YOU CAN ALSO SEE THE MONSTER HEALTH BAR
AND THAT THERES A LOCK-ON SYSTEM

GOD I HOPE IT REALLY HAPPENS SO YOU PUSSY ASS FAGGOTS CAN FUCK OFF FROM THESE THREADS
GAMEPLAY CHANGES WILL BE WORTH IT JUST FOR THAT
>>
>>380381224
literally all you really need to pay attention to is
>is it limping into another area? then it's low on health and also can be captured if you want to
>>
>>380398539

Yeah, once they added capture guru there really was zero need for damage numbers aside from those odd cases where a monsters hit zone has high defense and a low stagger threshold - I think Lao Shans head was a good example.
>>
>>380398539
ok dude just turn them off and move on.
>>
>>380385819
>triggering cucks
more like autismos, you'd have to be pretty far into the spectrum to get so mad about some numbers popping up
>>
>>380398842
No, don't you see, even having the OPTION ruins the entire game, because reasons and things. Having people play a series is bad, even though it's already a popular as fuck game that plenty of casuals already play.
>>
>>380390213
Maybe because the people who say that are fucking stupid? I don't like how it looks but I'm not going to say it doesn't look like monster hunter. It looks like a monster hunter game. A bad one. They aren't new.
>>
>>380397979
I spent a whole summer trying to get a gravios wing for my cool ass samurai set I think the name was auroros. I grinded that motherfucker so much I could solo headlock him like it was nothing, people around the server knew me as the grav wing guy and would help me grind it in exchange for headlocking los and ian for plates. I NEVER GOT ONE, back then I truly believed the game was rigged and the tipping point was when someone I was with got two back to back.

Pissed me off so much I dropped the series and gave me a grindphobia, if I grind for something for more than one day I burn out on that game immediately. I rarely even talk about MH thats how much it fucked me, but I played the first one for at least 500 hours.
>>
>>380390953
Someone make a screencap for this just to prove /v/ shitposts about everything for the sake of shitposting .
>>
File: 1436758110296.gif (2MB, 370x218px) Image search: [Google]
1436758110296.gif
2MB, 370x218px
Im scared /v/ the more time that goes on the more scared I am for this to release
>>
>>380388965
Because Bloodborne is a different fucking series. You'll notice that they didn't stop making Dark Souls for people who liked Dark Souls after they made Bloodborne. Oh shit damn, the Dark Souls after Bloodborne had a battle pace reminiscent of Bloodborne and was criticized for it in a way Bloodborne never was, you stupid fucker.
>>
>>380395759
Is that you at the bottom faggot ?
woooo boi.
>>
>>380398842
>>380399205
The moment they actually say it's an option, then you can just dismiss all the discussion about it like you're doing right now.
>>
File: 1462445267547.png (135KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
1462445267547.png
135KB, 256x384px
You MHfags are so hilarious pathetic
>>
>>380399539
Even MHO the MMO made by chinky retards made them an option. I'm not worried about it.
>>
>>380399205
No, it's because the game is then designed around the casual options, you mong.
>>
So much fucking butthurt. Oh well won't have to play it with you faggots I guess.
>>
>>380399816
Ah yes, seeing floating damage numbers, truly the entire game will be based around those.Fucking moron.
>>
>>380399496
Until you realize Dark Souls 3 is literal BloodSouls 3.
>>
>ass blasted Nintentards complaining about everything just because they cant hold the series hostage anymore

The tears will fuel me till the game comes out.
>>
>>380399983
prolly never played a MH to begin with but if your this dumb your defiantly the audience they want
>>
>>380378179
>Hit monster with a sword bigger than yourself
>It flashes for a second and reels back to confirm you hit it
>No visible damage
>Immersion
More like stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>380398010
And randoms would still get mission failed after 5 minutes
>>
>>380401946
It's not immersive exactly but it's far better to have more dynamic game elements instead of "CRITICAL HIT 100 DAMAGE"
>>
File: 1487909477991.png (100KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1487909477991.png
100KB, 292x257px
>>380384096
>We have nothing to announce for the Switch currently
>>
>>380402827
And playing in a seamless world without a giant timer on the screen is more immersive than being told "YOU HAVE 5 MINUTES LEFT TO FIGHT THIS T REX OR YOU HAVE TO LEAVE PLS", so I guess it evens out
>>
ENJOY YOUR CASUALIZED SHIT SHOW AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>380403541
No.
>>
File: 1472649894206.png (184KB, 520x308px) Image search: [Google]
1472649894206.png
184KB, 520x308px
>>380378873
It means nothing since you still don't see a fucking health bar anyway you fucking idiot.

Literally all this is good for is when you upgrade your weapons and start seeing swings deal 170 instead of 100 etc.

You Nintendo autists really need to kill yourselves.
>>
>>380404189
Will also be useful for comparing which areas on a monster are more or less vulnerable, elemental weaknesses, etc.

Basically all the stuff you had to look up a guide about before is now much more clearly communicated in the game
>>
File: 1497237289004.png (169KB, 378x349px) Image search: [Google]
1497237289004.png
169KB, 378x349px
>Dark Souls
>A game built around atmosphere and immersion
>Has damage numbers
>Nobody complains

>Monster Hunter
>A game built around arcadey action, grinding, and bloopers
>Has damage numbers
>RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>380404425
dark souls started with it, therefore it's not an issue
i wouldn't be surprised if someone actually said something like this and meant it
>>
>>380404382
And yet people will actually complain about it.

>b-b-but I don't have to look up wiki pages anymore, the game is ruined, now I only need to actually play it, fucking ruined!
Thread posts: 410
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.