[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mr. Iwata didn't get to see Nintendo return to their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1489309485647.jpg (7KB, 220x124px) Image search: [Google]
1489309485647.jpg
7KB, 220x124px
>Mr. Iwata didn't get to see Nintendo return to their glory days

This is depressing all over again.
>>
>>380345897
but he was the reason they were shit
>>
>>380345897
>>Mr. Iwata didn't get to see Nintendo return to their glory days
To be fair, neither have we.
>>
File: 1497330256306.jpg (27KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1497330256306.jpg
27KB, 720x405px
>>
>>380345897
He would have been proud. R.I.P Iwata
>>
He had to sacrifice himself.

The switch is powered by Iwata's will.
>>
So let me get this strait, you people are excited over losing Monster Hunter, Odyssey having a catchy theme song, and two Metroids?
>>
File: robin.jpg (70KB, 1280x690px) Image search: [Google]
robin.jpg
70KB, 1280x690px
>Robin didn't live enough to play the best game in the franchise
>>
He was the reason we didnt get to them sooner in all honesty.

>Iwata sees backlash from Metroid fans
Oh well that it a shame, I guess Metroid is a dead series, we just can't be innovative with it, so we must abandon it
>Kimishima sees backlash from Metroid fans
No. They are right, we fucked up. We must apaologize AT ONCE.
>>
>>380345897
Iwata was a fantastic programmer/producer/director but just the wrong guy for CEO. So many ridiculous directions Nintendo went in under his watch.

He really seems to be a victim of the Peter Principle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle
>>
Wow he dies and Nintendo has their best years I wonder if there is a correlation somewhere there?
>>
>>380347882
But Anon he played Majora.
>>
he gave up his life-force to empower nintendo.
>>
>>380348842
>the wrong guy for CEO
Are we pretending Nintendo wasn't at its most successful by far in the DS/Wii era despite what personal feelings hardcore gamers might have had against it?
>>
I feel really bad. Probably died thinking he ruined his company.
>>
>>380345897
Neither have we
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTHhwvTJyMU#t=4s
>>
>>380349761
>showed many highly-anticipated games
Too bad they didn't show anything new. It was just "yep, these games still exist, bye!" just like Sony. It's sad that even Bethesda had a better conference than the big 3.
>>
>>380348842
>>380349954
Agreed, the only thing he did wrong was assume they could just ride that success for another five years, when they needed new ideas.
>>
>>380346452
Fucking hell in getting sad
>>
>>380349954
IMO the Wii was lightning in a bottle/fad fodder.
The attachment rate for the Wii was dismal at best since while it sold a shit zillion consoles, it only had a handful of attachments (games and accessories) per system sold. They also made a fairly hard 180 in target demographic that did work in the short term, but they had a purchasing market that had no brand loyalty or long term interest in videogames.
All of this lead to the cluster fuck that was the Wii U and the successful but less so then the prior generation 3DS.

The Wii was a hit but they kinda burned bridges to get it. Seems they're trying to make up for it currently.
>>
>>380345897
F
>>
>>380349057
>Not knowing this stuff requires years of planning beforehand, more time to dev than kishi has been ceo
>Not knowing Iwata was restructuring nintendo when he died
>im fucking plying wii/ds werent massively successful and that nintendo wouldnt have been in an even worse position if it had kept going like it did after gcn.

You are all eating the fruits of Iwata's labor and purposfully umdetmining his successes. Kishi prob hasnt done much of anything yet.
>>
>>380345897
Iwata DIED for Nintendo to have a future... sad part is... heroes often don't get to see the fruit of their efforts...
>>
>>380350858
This is a complete myth. The Wii had a great attach rate, much better than its competitors
>>
>>380350470
all iwata did was new ideas
>>380350858
actually wii had a good attachment rate
>>380350354
Kirby, inb4 it doesnt count for some asinine reason
>>
>>380346449
>Metroid Prime 4
>They said Mario Odyssey would be more in line with SM64 and Sunshine
>Nintendo 64 Kirby 2

Breath of the Wild made me cautiously optimistic, but they really blew my expectations out of the water. It feels like Gamecube era Nintendo again.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.