[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get into fighting games? I tried to learn SFIV once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 100% cancer.jpg (917KB, 1300x996px) Image search: [Google]
100% cancer.jpg
917KB, 1300x996px
How does one get into fighting games? I tried to learn SFIV once and spent hours trying to learn combos and moves until I finally did them 9/10 times.

Then I went online and got my ass instantly handed to me by haduken spammers and guile flash kick sonic boom cancer. I couldnt even pull off half my combos because trying to do them in the heat of the fight is hard as fuck.

Is there an easy mode fighting game where i dont have to spend years learning combos and there is no gay projectile spam for faggots?

I just want to actually learn how to play a fighting game for once instead of playing combo memorization and projectile spam: the game.
>>
>I want to learn how to play a game
>is there a game that removes half the game so I don't have to learn it
Why would you go on the internet and lie
>>
File: 1467805602208.jpg (310KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1467805602208.jpg
310KB, 1000x1000px
>>380341632
Do you want to learn or do you want to mash buttons

I don't get it
>>
>>380342703

OP wants to play Devil May Cry but receive attention like a pro fighting game player for it.
>>
>>380342703
If half the game is just combo memorization and projectile spam then why do you fighting autists claim there is so much depth to your games.

>>380342067
I want to learn how to play fighting games with a game that doesnt force me to learn combos for 100s of hours or reward shitters who just sit in the corner spamming sonic boom and flash kick
>>
Learn spacing instead
Do simpler combo

Try Sirlin's Patreon fighting game, I forget the name
>>
Git gud.
Projectile spam is easily countered, just learn how to play neutral.
>>
You made the mistake of thinking the game is all about combos, but now you know the truth: combos are just a small part of the game.

The real game is controlling the opponent's actions with a combination of movement, attacks, and conditioning of the opponent. Spamming something is asking the opponnent "can you deal with this move?" so you should learn how to use all your normal attacks until you can play a well rounded game without combos.
>>
>>380341632
You don't start by learning how to do combos. It's what you did wrong. learning to do combos is a way to maximize the damage when given the opportunity to do so.

what you need to learn is how to create the opportunity to do so.
>>
Combos are fucking meaningless for beginners. The only thing that matters in fighting games is reading the opponent. Pay better attention to your opponent's behavior and look for any patterns they have. Figure out how they react to X situation and exploit it.
Don't just react to fireballs, act in a way that'll make the opponent think its safe to throw one, then jump as they're throwing it, not afterward
>>
File: 4.jpg (2MB, 1254x2160px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2MB, 1254x2160px
>>380341632
>I just want to actually learn how to play a fighting game for once instead of playing combo memorization and projectile spam: the game.

play Smash then, all other fighting games have combos that you gotta learn, though you might like Killer Instinct (but it still has projectile spam)

Sadira is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>380343441
Might be what I was looking for, thanks

>>380343797
>>380344125
>>380344285
So I just have to whittle my opponents down 1/100th of their hp at a time with regular punches?
>>
>>380343368
Oversimplify your combo so that you can land it every time, it doesn't have to be a fancy 15 hit combo, that shit comes later. You're trying to cycle a fucking marathon but you completely skipped your training wheels.

Learn the game mechanics and which button does what for your character, there's a myriad of ways to beat your opponent without even doing a single combo.
>>
>>380344897
No, you have to convince your opponent that a really bad idea is a great idea. Then make them pay for it.
>>
>>380344965
Bruh even doing haduken into EX cancel shouruken was hard as fuck, I think that was the combo anyways, something like that. I dont know why combos have to be so tight that a few frames difference just makes it not fuckin work. Why you cant just input buffer in fighting games is beyond me.
>>
fighting games are the genre where you truly win by not playing
>>
If you're having trouble in Street Fighter you're going to have trouble in other games.

Tekken 7 just came out and it's pretty good, but it's light on the tutorial, and there are many moves that are just as cheesy as fireball spam that'll piss you off even worse.

Guilty Gear Xrd just came out too, and while there are a few characters that are merciless when it comes to spamming projectiles, its training mode is infinitely more robust and teaches you many good fighting game habits - and since it's faster, you'll go back to SFV and go "damn this is easy."
>>
>>380341632
rule of thumb
>100 hours= proficient. you can now play online and you might win
>1000 hours= gud.

If you want to learn fightan, you have to be dedicated.

If you want an introduction that has good crossover with most fightan, i recommend Skullgirls tutorial. Its pretty much the best introduction to fighting games.
Then pick up one of the guilty gear games. Doesnt matter which. I am partial to accent core.

After that you can at least appear competent in most fighting games.
>>
File: 1449597514648.png (614KB, 851x410px) Image search: [Google]
1449597514648.png
614KB, 851x410px
>>380345528
>trying to ex cancel
it took me a week to learn FADC ultra with ryu, i made the same mistake by going straight to combos, just do down medium kick in to fireball or something and learn to dp jump-ins on reaction
>>
File: 1464150457803.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464150457803.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>380343368
>I want to learn how to play fighting games with a game that doesnt force me to learn combos for 1

Fighting force is nice
>>
>>380344897
This can be a viable strategy, depending on the game and character.
Also you probably think of combos as long damaging sylish ones, but two hit combos and 3 hit combos, small stuff like that, is what you'll use most of the time. A combo is only as good as the chances you get to use it, and that depends on playing the Neutral right. Look up Neutral and sirlins guide, it might be good.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.